DEADLIFTS ARE A PERFECTLY SAFE and GREAT EXERCISE FOR BUILDING MUSCLE!! As long as you use good form and work within...

DEADLIFTS ARE A PERFECTLY SAFE and GREAT EXERCISE FOR BUILDING MUSCLE!! As long as you use good form and work within your limits you will 99.99% NOT snap your shit.

Seriously, what's with all the deadlift hate on this board all of a sudden? Men have gotten strong picking heavy things up off the floor since the dawn of man. Why are there so many weak, pussy, broscientists on this board that think deadlifts are literally hitler?!?!?!?!

keep on deathlifting never going to make it with a snapped up spine

>As long as you use good form and work within your limits

That's a massive "IF". Why do you think PT's NEVER EVER suggest Deadlifts/Squats in whatever gay as fuck 3x10, 8 cable machine exercises routine they give people?

>tfw almost at 4pl8
4.5 by the end of the year

you will get nowhere with good form and working within your limits.

ego lifters deserve to snap their shit up

because PTs are too lazy to teach barbell movements so they just put them on machines and meme exercises

Because they're harder to coach than shitty meme exercises and they don't want to be responsible for novices injuring themselves? Also most PTs are there to get paid and don't care about what results you get as long as you keep coming back to them - so they give you isolation exercises that feel effective and in reality aren't doing all that much.

obvious b8 is obvious

because if you're bad at something it's much easier to discredit that thing than to actually put in the effort to improve

That depends on the kind of spine you're born with. Spines are thin or thick. Thicker spines are more tolerant of deadlifts but are susceptible to injury from twisting motion and vice versa with thin spines being better at twisting but can't take heavy loads too well.

Anyone who tells you "everyone should deadlift" is a liar and a moron. I'd gut you in real life if you said that to me.

Read up on Stuart McGill's work. He's not against deadlifting but he puts some of the issues people have with it into context better. It's not just your form it's largely genetic.

you wouldn't gut shit nerd, you couldn't put out a candle

if i met you in the street you would get mogged on every level srs

>he fell for the deadshit meme
lmfao enjoy your wheelchair faggot

prove me wrong bitch

Enjoy being weak

Like everything else here, opinions on deadlifts are cyclical because we're all contrarian assholes.

It's a fact that deadlifts are great and everyone should be doing them. But when too many people agree on that, popular opinion shifts toward "they're dangerous and unnecessary." Then when THAT becomes too popular, it's back to "deadlifts are good"

Same deal with squats, SS/SL vs brosplits, and other topics

Quit posting you fat retarded piece of shit. You know absolutely nothing about the human body or fitness. The fact you blindly defend deadlifting is proof you're a shit eating meme spewing faggot. I'd absolutely rip you apart limb by limb. Don't close your eyes tonight, bitch.

i almost broke 3 plate but things were shaky and could've got snappy. (30, sedentary, history of back/knee injuries) however, when a busted out some solid volume with lmao2plate then all my lower back pain went away.

just treat them like a big accessory if you're afraid of snapping your shit. they do so much good for core+lower back+quad+grip you're really missing out otherwise.

if you want to throw up big numbers, get a lesson from a real coach.

protip: the coach will be a built fat guy that doesn't comb his hair or is bald.

I would post a picture of my body to prove you wrong, but I could be identified based on my scars (used to be involved with a fight club, stabbed multiple times) and my gang affiliated tattoos from when I spent 10 years in one of the toughest prisons in the country (I’m, probably, in the top priority list of the FBI right now).

I know your type, though. You think because you can squat and deadlift heavy that you're a big guy with an impressive physique. I have built plenty of muscle without those autistic lifts. You probably think you're superior because you follow the routines of a fat little redneck man with no real knowledge of building muscular or strength. You don’t know shit about muscles and strength if you have not trained the way I had, I literally learned from the best, and you got no shit on me, you fat autistic neckbeard.

cope

i'd shit in your mouth srs, i mog you on every level physical, metaphysical, intellectual, and dick

why the fuck are you giving advice if you just barely got 3pl8?
cringed hard

Eeeeh, I don't think so.

If you keep coming back to them for several weeks, it'd make sense that they teach you the barbell exercises.

If you go to them for one session and ask them to "give you a program based on your goal to tone" they'll give you some meme routine so you don't injure yourself.

At least that's how it makes sense to me that it works.

i guess i'm saying you take my advice if you're my age, don't play sports, have serious pre-existing injuries and don't want to snap your shit because i never have in 3 years of dead lifting.

your advice holds absolutely no relevance because you deadlift 315x1 after 3 years of training, which is something most teenagers can do in a few months

kek'd i got the reference

also that user is an idoopt

Explain the the genetic difference in spine thickness and its studied relationship with disc herniations. If your response is another meme shitpost you're dead.
keep cringing cake ass

I plan on reaching 4pl8 deadlift and then stopping and just maintaining that forever. Same with 3pl8 squat. That's enough for my spine and legs to stay swole.

oh ok thanks. you too.

how embarrassing

Yes your lack of intelligence is a blight and shame.

file name related

>Works your abs
>Works the other half of your legs
>Works traps
>Works forearms
>Works biceps
>Works rear deltoids
Lmao how the FUCK is deadlifting bad???

nice b8 retard

Spooky. Did you lurk on /k for a week or something?

>finally hit 4pl8
>people discredit it because I pull sumo

ITS NOT AS EASY AS IT LOOKS YOU FUCKS

Wrong.
Low-bar back squat is the virgin lift.

>actually doing 'le look how much I can lift' memelifts
lmao

>Going to a commercial gym
Holy keks batman

lel

>Stuck on 4pl8 for over a year
I'll get to 5pl8 I fooken swear on me mum

Forge your own 500g plates and progress that way.

>it's mostly perfectly safe as long as you do it absolutely perfectly absolutely every single time
The same can be said for mountain climbing and parachuting, user. Other exercises are much more forgiving.

This is always the progression in logic
>it's impossible to get hurt doing deadlift
"Actually, it's fairly easy to get hurt."
>WELL YOU DESERVE TO GET HURT
Just admit that, like bench, deadlift has benefits AND is one of the riskier exercises you can do.

naive is the word

Mailman 8 miles of walking a day. Tightest hamstrings imaginable and chronic lower back pain since world of warcraft came out. Stretching and diddly's reduced it by like 90%. I popped Molly last week and skipped both leg days and lower back was in unimaginable pain. Day after deadlifting 2pl8 4x8 it's all gone again.

I have v bad scoliosis mane i dont wanna die desu

Look up Lamar Gant, pound for pound one of the strongest deadlifters of all time.

i hope you aren't seriously suggesting microloading deadlifts
up your training volume, make sure you're in a caloric surplus, add in variations of deadlift to address your weakpoint on a second day
i'm not b8ing, 315 is something most people who lift seriously (not you) are pulling in a couple months tops

apply yourself

>up your training volume
Gonna try that
>make sure you're in a caloric surplus
Check
>add in variations of deadlift to address your weakpoint on a second day
Weakpoint is lockout, so rack pulls?

what is your programming right now?

lockout being a weakpoint on deadlift is tricky, because it can either be A. actual weakness at lockout (address with block pulls from below the knee), or B. getting out of position at the bottom of the pull (deficit deadlifts to make you stronger off floor, deadlift to knees to make your positioning better)

5/3/1 4 days a week + First Set Last for more volume

that's pretty high volume, i'm surprised you're not progressing on that

add rack pulls from below the knee on your squat day, see if that extra volume helps, and if not switch programming to something like nuckols 2x int deadlift (more volume in the 75-85% range, more sets for you to practice setup - I doubt that FSL at low percentages is really going to do that much for your technique)

Due to an injury I'm cutting out squats anyway so I will do just that. Thank you based user.

gl, 500 deadlift is the biggest rush when you get it