Beginner Routine? PPL vs 5x5

Ive been lifting for about 2 months, curious about what routine to continue on.

I wanted to do Blahas novice 5x5 program but doing a 6 day PPL with shorter workouts each time would work way better with my college schedule. Am I missing out on gains by doing PPL?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, you're not missing out on gains, but they'll come significantly more slowly. Also drop the blahino bullshit and just do SS

Im not doing ss because its fucking boring though

If PPL will really slow my progress that bad Ill find something else, but can it really be that serious? The routine has a lot of compounds every workout (deadlift ohp rows squats etc)

Just up the number of sets you do. I started on PPL and made gains fine. SS is for fatties who are lazy and only go to the gym 3 times a week. pplpplx is the way to go.

>expecting lifting to be fun
hello crossfitard

Tbh lad the best routine is the one that gets you working out consistenly, long-term. If you enjoy PPL type splits and know they'll get you in there then go for it; you can program for whatever focus you want if you have half a brain.

Alternatively use the patrician method the old timey natties used: big, clean eating and full body every other day.

Man compared to how much you guys fawn over the faggot, he looks pretty shit

bump

Ivysaur is godmode. just add accessory work to every work out. thank me later.

Been lifting for about 6 months. Started with bro shit bullshit but just started this new PPLPPLX routine. Did the first round of leg day today and I am fucked.

Link to original thread:
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

*bro split bullshit

Any recommendations or changes recommended for the plan? I lift for Lana if that helps.

if you got any knowledge of barbell movements do stronglifts or Candito LP for strength (candito has given me good aesthetic aswell despite what people say about canditos bench)

If you want more aesthetic and decent strength do CoolCicada PPL 2 times a week (search it up -- theres an alternate that has deadlifts involved)

As always:

PPL is a great way for intermediates to train for aesthetics.
As a beginner: SS if you dont care how you look (fast strength gains, no aesthetics) or GSLP if you want to look nice (slower strength gains, some aesthetics)
It aint that hard, people.

westside for skinny bastards

Lifting heavy shit isnt fun?

What if I am a beginner in only for the aesthetics?

PPL will work just fine but you have to start with a 3*5 compound lift ( bench on push, row on pull, squat on legs day) and add weight every time you perform them

SS+GOMAD

PPL is uniformly shit for literally any trainee of any experience.

It's 4-6 months, if you do it right. Stifle your ADD and do the fucking program. Then move onto some Texas Method scheme tailored for your goals.

That nigger fucking bow legged??

Thanking you now. Did a little reading into it and I'll probably make the switch. Just flipping my shit that squatting won't be the first exercise

strength and aesthetics go hand in hand - a beginner routine will get you strong and aesthetic

don't believe him

isn't 8 reps a lot for a beginner?

what makes Ivysaur better than SS?

srs

>Admitting that CrossFit is fun
>This somehow makes fun bad

bump

Fun is great!
t. traumatologist

The progression and volume makes sense to me. Exercise selection seemed to be what I felt like I've been missing while doing SS. Looks hard as fuck to me but with sufficient preparation (diet/rest) I feel like this program may be better than SS/SL for strength and aesthetics

do you have any before/after pics?