Insomia/Mental Health

I don't know what to do Veeky Forums I'm going on 3.5days of not sleeping (not for a lack of trying, I'd go to the ER but I can't afford that shit, I can barely afford bills now.

I don't know what to do, I almost T-boned a suv on my way home a little bit ago. I'm starting to lose focus and forgetting basic shit.

Im scared guys, I've tried drinking and it gets me fucked up but I can only sleep for like 30 minutes to an hour, I really don't know what to do. I'm calling into work tomorrow and I'm getting s hot bath started right now to see if that might help me sleep.

How do you guys deal with insomnia?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_familial_insomnia
youtube.com/watch?v=nIeTVVAEFn8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't know OP, I just got so tired after one day without sleep that I pass out. I'm awake for 2 days and sleep 1 right now.

Obviously I'm not telling you to do it, I had a bad breakup, I'm doing coke in and out, I'm not lifting (I'll get back to it soon) and I'm smoking. To be honest with you I'm very close to lose my shit mentally.

I've felt more "tired" as the days have gone on, but it's almost like a cloudy hazy kinda tired where I can't focus at all. The bath seemed to help some I'm gonna take like 5 melatonin tablets and down half of a bottle of jack.

Im really hoping it helps and knocks me the fuck out.

>losing my shit mentally

Im right there with ya man, I'm not saying I'm close to doing it but I was having some dark ass thoughts today about just offing myself so I could no longer be tired.

you need to buy ghb from the dark web. I suffer from insomnia and that shit is a god send.
Now when i don't have that zzquill seems to work, and a melatonin

Hey man,

When I quit weed about three months ago I got some SEVERE insomnia. Cant fall asleep, waking up every two hours, never really sleeping and I can tell you its hell. When did this all start? Are you having anxiety? And large changes in your life?

you need to get ahold of it now before it turns out of control.
I'm bipolar, and when I go on a downward spiral. I crash and fucking burn everything in my wake.
Relationships, empty my bank account, do crazy drugs, stop lifting, get fat.
I'm lucky i'm alive.
But I have to rebuild each time I do this shit, ive done it like 4 times in 30 years.
It's scary.
I was in denial that bipolar was a real thing and just more jew science, snowflake, pharmaceutical propaganda. But normal people don't do shit like that.
Normal people don't think of suicide multiple times throughout the day.

I don't know, i'm getting to old and crave stability at his point in my life.

I don't have access to a computer (just a stupid phone poster), otherwise I'd loom into it. Dropping some melatonin and drinking a fair amount right nowrno to see if that helps.

I've had really mild insomnia for the past few years, nothing major just trouble getting to sleep every now and then and even then I'd eventually fall asleep after a few hours.

My mom drive ijnti oncoming traffic so basically I'm living in an apartment I can barely afford with no money saved up, I couldn't even afford a funeral for her. I've always believed in just nutring up and trucking through shit. But damn, life has been giving me a few swift kicks in the balls lately..

Also sorry about the spelling errors, autocorrect got most of them but I just don't feel like fixing it right now

Better luck to both of us brother.

Sorry to hear that user. I'm egocentric as fuck, sometimes I feel like I can take the world, but there's shit in my life that makes me want to off myself very often.
I can't trust nobody anymore, I'm afraid I'm becoming paranoid or some shit like that. I just wish my thoughts would be more consistent rather than "the world is mine/ I'll kill myself"

bro your prolly bipolar and need to get on lithium. Especially if you have seen this movie before. If its a one time thing and the vast majority of your life has been on the normal side.
If not, you probably have a chemical imbalance.
Kratom helps me get by

Get some Epsom salts and take baths in it before bed, also start taking Gelatin powder as the glycine will help you sleep. You should be able to find it at bulk stores for cheap.
Also deep breathing exercises help me a lot too when I'm having trouble sleeping.
I fully inhale till my lungs are filled hold for a second or two then exhale slowly while counting each breath. I see if I can count to 100.
I have never been able to count to 100 doing this

I'm afraid of this stuff, I've avoided doctors all my life.
I was very happy when I was in a relationshio some months ago, of course the paranoid thoughts were always there but it was controlled, now I'm in a bad spot but I'm trying to overcome it without meds.

I'm getting back to the gym and save some money now, try to rest my mind, do less coke.

>I'm gonna take like 5 melatonin tablets
Bad idea.
Melatonin and Serotonin work in a balancing act. While high doses of melatonin may help you get to sleep for short periods you'll quickly slingshot back the other way and will find yourself counting ceiling tiles in no time.

Fatal familial insomnia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_familial_insomnia
>The disease has four stages:[4]

>The person has increasing insomnia, resulting in panic attacks, paranoia, and phobias. This stage lasts for about four months.
>Hallucinations and panic attacks become noticeable, continuing for about five months.
>Complete inability to sleep is followed by rapid loss of weight. This lasts for about three months.
>Dementia, during which the patient becomes unresponsive or mute over the course of six months. This is the final progression of the disease, after which death follows.

Jesus man, that is horrible but it's really rare

I'm sorry to hear that. That is something that will definetly affect you man. Quitting all of the substances I was using really showed me that I wasn't coping with stress in a health way(besides lifting). I know you're on this board but I would HIGHLY recommend lifting and doing some cardio if you aren't already.

I found that to sleep I do square breathing. Breath in for 5 seconds, pause for a beat or two, breathe out for 8. The point is to increase the CO2 levels in your bloodstream.

In the beginning I was getting panic attacks like crazy and was up for a couple days. Insomnia like that feeds into itself and makes it hard as fuck to learn to sleep again, which is what you have to do. If you have insurance or are able definetly see a psychiatrist. I was on a mild benzo(which people will tell you are horrible but I easily tapered down, and I took it for four months).
I know that not sleeping is basically the worst feeling in the world, its like starving to death and being unable to eat. YouTube ASMR videos helped me so much, blackout curtains, a fan blowing cool air into my room. I have avoided other drugs but I have tried melatonin, theanine and magnesium.

READ LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER: I read until i literally passed out, just keep reading and reading and your brain will get somwhat fatigued. At worst youll be up all night but have done something productive.

youtube.com/watch?v=nIeTVVAEFn8

Drinking doesn't help, your mind has been triggered into an anxious and alert state, and will rebalance in time.

I'll walk to the store and get some, don't trust myself driving right now.

Well I fucked up then, right now I'm fine with it. Can feel myself getting close to falling asleep, it's weirdthe sheet I'm using has never felt so heavy before but maybe this is we her your body feels when it's falling asleep.

I've never been a hypochondriac so I seriously doubt that's what it is, I'm pretty sure it's stress from losing my mom/bills. I just sort of bottled it all in and haven't fully processed it yet.

But if I do have FFI, I guess it's good to know I'll die relatively soon.

melatonin is no better than a placebo for sleep

fuck off with this, this is a massive overreaction to the symptoms OP is describing. When I couldn't sleep this kinda shit would terrify me.

i've been taking zopiclone and seroquel nightly for like the last 6 months

>zopiclone nightly for six months

lol dude when you come off it you won't be able to sleep for like 3 days