2 best exercises for…

>2 best exercises for shoulders?
>2 best exercises for back?

If you want to make sick delt and back gains, but can only do 2 exercises for each, which would you pick?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xZ2FWs_cJV4?t=31m40s
seannal.com/articles/training/overhead-presses-overrated.php
renaissanceperiodization.com/front-delt-training-tips-hypertrophy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pullups
OHP
Deadlifts
Some type of Rows

It isn't that hard OP, there is a reason the above + Squats and Bench are recommended so highly

Shoulder --> OHP + either lateral raises or facepulls
Back --> Deadlifts + Pendlay Rows

with these youre hitting all heads of the delts, getting a thick back too

Thanks m8s, that sounds solid. I like the idea of doing some lateral raises or facepulls after those compounds as well.

Shoulders: OHP + Lateral Raises
Back: T-Bar shrugs (rows minus arm bend) + heavy weight high rep dumbbell cheat rows with full stretch at the bottom

Vertical pulls are overrated as fuck.

Deadlift and pull-up. For more back iso it's the row all the way.
Handstand pushup>OHP all day everyday. Lat raises can't be beat for delt size. Arnold presses are good but I find it difficult to keep the volume up on them.

Imo z press + face pulls (z press is a purer pressing motion than ohp imo, and I feel it more on my shoulders)

Then some kind of heavy pull, one from either snatch grip rack pulls, power shrugs from the knee (no boxes, so your back is under constant tension mixed with doing it off a box and looking to maximize loaf), or the landmine shrug thing that nether recommends and I would then have a really strict row, probably face down on an incline bench, using 2DBs and focusing on mind muscle connection.

Tbh, I'd personally want 3 or 4 exercises to make sure I was fully developing the back, a heavy pull with the emphasis on the upper back, as described above, a really strict row variation to make sure you're recruiting the rhomboids and mid and lower traps, and then a deadlift variation (probably paused at the shin for a 5 count) or lighter exercise for the erectors like hypers. This differs from the first exercise listed because there'll be lots of hip flexion, so the lower back and lats will have to work much harder, and the upper back won't be under such stress.

Finally, I would have an optional lat exercise, if you're someone who actually responds very well to vertical pulls. If that's not you, you could do some kind of cheat row if you find your lats lagging

Z-Press
Snach grip upright rows
Rack pull above the knee
Cheat rows

>Jeans and tank
It is like he is trying to be a super hero so bad.

Bump for interest

YOKEMEUP

This but unironically

Is the snatch grip on the upright rows for protecting your shoulders or to better target the lateral deltoid?

ohp
facepulls

db row
chinups

This is really interesting to me, I've always heard the vertical pull emphasized over horizontal pulls. I don't know the science, but anecdotally from people I've seen this makes sense. Would you say it's good not only for the thickness of the back, but also widening out the lats?

T-bar row
vs
Cable row with V-handle
vs
Seated Lever row (one/two handed) (pic)
vs
DB row

Pick two. Or one.

Bumping

shoulders (assuming you will be bench pressing):
lateral raises
face pulls
back:
pullups
deadlifts

>no vertical pushing motion for shoulders
Wut?

front delts are already stimulated by bench pressing and bench pressing variations, so if I can only pick two shoulder movements I'm going to hit my side delts and rear delts

youtu.be/xZ2FWs_cJV4?t=31m40s
seannal.com/articles/training/overhead-presses-overrated.php
renaissanceperiodization.com/front-delt-training-tips-hypertrophy/

i've found bench and cgb pushes my OHP up anyway - if i make bench and cgb gains, i make OHP gains without even having it programmed in

Interesting points, I'ma take that into consideration, thanks m8

Yes. Vertical and horizontal pulls both hit the lats, and depending on the angle you're doing on your rows you can hit them even harder than vertical pulls - just play around with a lighter dumbbell and pull at different angels to see how many different areas of your back you can hit with them.

The "horizontal = thickness and vertical = width" is a meme. I'm not saying you shouldn't do chins/pullups, but they're massively over hyped and the thread is about the 2 most beneficial. Just as reference, Yates very rarely did vertical pulls and had one of the biggest backs in bodybuilding.

I had no idea about Yates, thanks m8. I'm going to dick around this afternoon and see what I can do.

brehs what muskle is this?

This was briefly looking like it might be a useful bread before it died

nigger

That's the Teres Major, m8

What would you think of…
>Incline Bench Press
>Yates Row
>Lateral Raises
>Face Pulls
>Deadlift

>shoulders
Clean and Press
Lateral Raises
>back
Pullups
Barbell Rows

Shoulders

>OHP
>Lateral Raises

Back :

>Pull ups
>Bent over row

DONT FALL THE FOR DEADLIFT MEME

shoulders:
OHP
Bench Press (seriously)

back:
Pullups
Bench Press (seriously)

Band face pulls (medial delt and rhomboids)
OHP (front delts and traps)
close grip lat pulldown (lats and rear delt)
Diddlys for erectors, lats, traps and rhomboids

you're (seriously) retarded

Bench Press target shoulders and back more than back, scientific studies suggest.

Ok, sure it targets a little bit front shoulders, but back? SERIOUSLY? BACK?!

That sounds pretty legit. Why band face pulls specifically, as opposed to cables with rope attachment or something? Convenience?

look for delts id do OHP, lateral raises, and facepulls.
for back id do deadlifts and rows