QTDDTOT

Alright I don't see a thread up and I really don't care if there's one already up. I have a really dumb question that has perplexed me suddenly and I don't know how to word it well for a google search.

So let's say, I eat a potato chip. This potato chip has 5 calories. If I curl a 20lbs dumbell in each hand for 10 seconds, did I effectively burn off that potato chip immediately?
You see, sometimes I can't resist the cravings. Usually after eating I feel guilty, and I lift for about 15 minutes to help burn off some of my bad choices. However, I feel like if I were to eat and lift at the same time, I could basically just do sets based around how many chips I've eaten.

So a handful of potato chips? 45 calories. Curl some 25lbs dumbells until failure for 6 minutes, 45 calories burned.

Am I just retarded here, or would this work?
Because right now there's a small bag of Fritos next to me, and I know I'll be too tired in an hour to lift to burn the calories, so if I eat them and lift at the same time....

Please don't be mean to me and refrain from telling me to read the fucking sticky or some shit because that thing sucks ASS.

Other urls found in this thread:

chat.whatsapp.com/Ca05BN551kE8SqsHL0uioT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's literally just math, yes.

Its way too late for eerie pepes

I'm tired of 5x5.
I did Reg's Beginner Routine.

Could you advice me on a exercices-heavy routine after this one?

KYS

What angles should I record myself at on bench if I want to have someone check if there's ANYTHING wrong with my form? Is just the side (level with the bench) okay? Setting up the recording is annoying so I just want to do it once.

I've stalled at the same weight for months.

chat.whatsapp.com/Ca05BN551kE8SqsHL0uioT

for all fitness related help and discussion, both mental and physical

is it a Veeky Forums related group?

yeh but no shitposting

Is running or swimming better for my DOMS and recovery?

I'm also considering switching out bench press for weighted dips, I seem to be able to dip a lot better than I can bench, I can bench significantly less than what I dip. I'm doing stronglifts 5x5.

Essentially, but it's not a great habit to get into. Lifting like that will also likely negatively impact your gainz.
If you're going to use calorie burning to allow yourself to eat shit, you're better off with traditional cardio. It's easier to actually track your calories burned, will interfere less with your actual lifting program, and is another prong in improving your general health and performance.

You can also just factor these excess calories into your daily calorie count. ie, eat 45 calories worth of chips, forgoe 45 calories worth of cooking oil when making dinner. Just make sure not to mess up your macros too much.

But being fit demands changing your lifestyle. Don't use it to excuse your lifestyle. Don't get into a habit like this if you don't have any exit strategy (eg, limiting the amount of junk calories you're allowed per day/week, resolving to do away with the junk after a certain safety net period, etc).

Is it normal to have upper back doms after low bar squatting for the first time?

yes

>be me, 25
>out of shape as can be
>smoked weed for almost 9 years
>played sports throughout childhood/teens
>haven't worked out regularly since 2012
>finally decide to join gym
>4 free "consultations" with a trainer
>cool
>Tuesday
>first meeting with trainer: 15 minutes late (I was 10 min early)
>trainer is apathetic, long pauses, looks away frequently
>today
>2nd meeting: trainer is 10 minutes late
>still waiting, I approach front desk, ask if trainer X is here
>front desk bro says he'll find out, texts trainer X
>trainer X responds to front desk bro saying, "I'm on my way, tell him to warm up"
>mfw
>warm up could mean anything (set of lifts, cardio, stretch)
>front desk bro asks if I have a set routine
>tell him no
>tell him I want to reschedule with a different trainer
>he reschedules me
>leave

How the hell does the fat guy with pipe-cleaner arms beat the certified trainer to the gym? Especially one they work at? I try not to be a dickhead in these types of situations and completely understand that things happen, but how are you a trainer and late multiple times meeting with a client? I can do the workouts perfectly fine once I have a solid routine planned out, but that's why I made these appointments in the first place (to make a scheduled workout and nutrition plan).

Am I the douche here, Veeky Forums?

If endurance training builds no real muscle, why do cyclist have big legs?
>you can't explain that

It does build muscle, just not optimally.
It's simply badda bing badda boom

Full body workout 2-3 times a week. Meme or nah?

Total meme

>360▶
>Full body workout 2-3 times a week. Meme or nah?
ss

Is 48 hours enough rest for a muscle, aye?

Bump

>not enjoying DOMS
They shouldn't generally last more than a day or two anyway.

Switched to one-legged pushups on the advice of an user here. They're not so much harder than two-legged. Are they supposed to be?

Thoughts on only having one day rest inbetween my deadlift day and the day i do upper back, abs, and farmers walks?

Also what is the general consensus on deadlift volume training (10x5)?

Trainers do not give a flying fuck unless you are paying for the sessions. A lot of people will nuy a trainer with their membership and these are the only people they give a shit about. Its not like that with all trainers but its that way with a lot of em. Trainers are shit anyway you are better off watching YouTube srs .

I plateau on my bench. The only advice Veeky Forums was able to provide is "eat more". How much am I supposed to eat? I am normal weight for the first time in my life and am afraid to be overweight again because I fell for the bulking meme.

I really just don't get how to brace my core. It's really holding me back as the weight gets heavier. I have watched all of the recommend vids about bracing and I can do it without a bar in my back. Problem is when I get under the bar, I can't feel the tightness like I do without a bar.

Also, I have a fucked up back from earlier in my youth. It doesn't bother me on lowbar but when I deadlift I can feel the twinge and my left side pulls up more on the weight to compensate for the right. I am doing SS as written but I recently played around with sumo and found it to be more comfortable. I know if I'm doing sumo that's not doing the program so is there a similar strength routine I can switch to that uses sumo?

Bulking isn't a meme, you probably just doing it wrong

no r u retarded

depends on the stress

I was told by someone that some muscles are mostly fast and others are mostly slow twitch. It sounded like broscience to me. Was he right?
And if so, how would I even use that info to help my gains?

This is not even related to fucking fitness, this piece of shit doesn't have an understanding of professionalism.

You did the right thing man, gotta have fucking principles. He was already late the first time, it hapenning again means he doesn't take his job seriously, why should you accept to receive guidance from an irresponsible shithead like this.

What happens if I can't provide enough protein in a workout day?

How do you deal with obnoxious morons at the gym without taking the bitch way to management?
Not throwing a plate to their fucking face is a difficult task.

If your diet is in check in the long term, it's whatever.
If you're constantly missing important stuff you won't gain muscle.

I feel tightness in my lower back.

How do I differentiate between a SI-joint or lumbar issue?

What's a good beginners program for a fat guy who is just trying to lift while cutting? I've been doing SL5x5 on and off since April and I gained some strength since all my life I've spent sitting down playing games and stuffing my mouth, current lifts: SQ 187lbs BP 88lbs DL 187lbs and OHP 71.5lbs. I currently weight 231lbs at 5'11

Marry me!!

Less muscle development..
Food is half of the battle

What's a good ppl routine I can do using only machines and dumbbells and a bench? And pull up/dip bars.

Anybody??

high bar squat or low bar squat?
background - fairly noobish at squatting, have no intention of competing in lifting, flexible enough to squat A2G in high bar

seems fine to me?
what is your intention behind high volume deadlift training?

everybody dips more than they bench?
t. bench 105x5, dip 83+50=133kgx5

Is there any downside to eating the same thing every single day, as long as you're meeting your macros? I'd assume my diet has all the necessary vitamins as well, since I've been keeping it for over a years, with only very minor breaks through it, and I've never felt any symptoms of anything bad.

I was just now masturbating and twisted my knee and it made a huge popping sound. It hurts a bit now. Should I let it rest for the rest of the day just in case?

So I'm 5'11" and 275lbs. According to tdee calculators I should be eating about 2000 calories to lose weight? Could I possibly be eating less and still have safe weight loss? I'm at around a 700cal defect right now.

Whenever I bench press more than 90 % of my bodyweight,my left shoulder get the bad kind of sore for a minute or two. My form should be solid: scapulae retracted and depressed, shoulders externally rotated, unracking using my lats etc.
I already hit my rear delts and rotator cuffs plenty and my bent over row is a bit higher than my bench.
Is there anything else I can do to prevent pain and injury?

Totally, and make sure it feels ok next time you workout.

yeah make sure it also has all the necessary micronutrients, and also that it doesn't have terrible effects in the long run, a crazy example would be eating shark every day, you'd get too much mercury
you probably won't be doing that but make sure everything is ok in the long run

How do I know how many calories per day I should eat? Went from 90kg from 75kg, want to reduce a bit more and start gym next week. I tried scooby's calculator but there were many things there I could not understand fully, I plan on using MyFitnessPal to count them. Oh, and I plan to do the SS programm, don't know if it's relevant to the question.

To be honest you can't somehow measure the amount of calories you burn, it's impossible to take every single move into account. The best method, would be to get a very basic aproximation , even one based just on your size, weight and trainings, then cut ~500 kcal from that if you want to lose weight, and simply weight yoursef every week, see if the aproximation was accurate, and modify your diet accordingly.

Thanks user, followed your tip and got to this, will go for the 1722 goal then
>inb4 manlet

Is the peck deck a good alternative for db flyes. i fucking hate doing those

A couple of thoughts:

You say you're doing all the right things but are you really or do you just think you are?

Are you staying tight and squeezing the bar throughtout the entire rep?

Do you "come up to meet the bar" for lack of a better expression?

Are you using too wide a grip?

You say you work your backside, but how is your posture? If you still have protracted internally rotated shoulders you're not quite there yet and need stretching.

What's the resting position of your scapulae? If they're anteriorly tilted, you may benefit from pec minor soft tissue work.

Do you warm up properly?

Is your pressing volume and/or bench press volume and/or total training volume a bit on the high end? (this is a major one - you could be doing everything right and still experience aches if your workload is too high or has increased too rapidly)

Have you been doing the same bench press variation frequently for a long time? This can lead to overuse pains.

Are you taking your sets to or very close to failure often?

Can you do a proper Turkish get up? If not, fix your shit, if yes, start doing them.

Can you hang properly from a bar? If not, fix your shit, if yes, start hanging often.

Thanks. It hurts to stand on so I'll just let it rest.

I did the same thing with MyFitnessPal, there it says I should go for 1500 calories a day, I think I'll rely entirely on that app for this stuff, when I downloaded I thoguht it was only for counting, not for setting me a goal

I'M SO TIRED OF SQUATS, BENCH, DEADLIFT, SQUATS, OHP, ROWS.

Can I just clean and jerk the whole time I'm in the gym? Isn't that a true "full body" exercise?

I mean, it's a dead lift, a squat, a row, and a press all in one. Wouldn't I get full body swole if I just kept doing them?

How the hell are you supposed to get over a tight poss when you sit all day? I'm doing some new stretches but...it feels impossible to recover from. Been at least a year since I had a tight psoas that caused back issues.

My lumbar is very tight when I Bend over. I can't do squats anymore.

>1500
How the fuck can you go that low? Im not even that tall or big and my cutting intake is 2000 calories

Starting to think I did something wrong, I set the goal to lose 0,75kg each week (there was option for more lmao), but it didn't ask about my exercise routine, only about my work routine. (177cm manlet, want to go from75 to 70, stop my daily 1 hour home exercises this week and start SS next week).

How do I sit my hips back without losing my balance and stop my knees from going forward when I squat? My squat is currently my worst lift, and I can't seem to get the form right. I feel like my lower back and core might be the weak links.

For a long time I've been having trouble unracking the bar on bench press when the weight gets heavy. Today I accidentally discovered that it's a lot easier if you flare your elbows out while unracking. Is this bad for your shoulders? I tuck them in normally for the rest of the rep, just wondering if that initial unrack with flared elbows could damage your shoulders?

Is getting aesthetic, in terms of diet, as simple as getting the right amount of Protein and Calories for your goal?

Do you HAVE to track Carbs and Fats precisely to get aesthetic?

fuck off Todd, leave your shitty game to /v/

Is there a diet that allows everything but grains/potato/bread/cake/etc? Keto focuses too much on eating meat and vegan food is basically a shitton of starch.

I look up grain-free recipes but it's mostly for animals...

>gaining muscle mass in shoulders
>gaining muscle mass in chest
>losing fat in waist area

What is the easiest and fastest of those three with properly executed training and diet?

Jump rope for legs/cardio?

Former fatty here, trying to work on my footwork but too ashamed to be seen outside running.

Could I substitute jumping rope for running, and get some grace to my step again? I kind of just slop around and drag my feet currently.

Rope is good. You are fat so it won't be easy though.

Bump
Pls responde

i'm not 'overweight' anymore, i'm just on the high end of the 'normal' category

should I make my own rope, or can I snag a 10 footer at Walmart?

they are cheap as fuck so i don't see why not buy them

Rice, quinoa etc? I don't think you should try too focus on a particular diet. Set your calorie goals and try to fit foods in that are easily accessible for you
If you eat 120-150 grams of protein and fill up the rest of your calories with mostly carbs and a little fat you're on the way to gainsville.

I have no idea what you're trying to ask? Depends on a lot of factors (are you skinny, fat, muscular?).

I'm taking niacin, biotin, fish oil, and vitamin d daily. what are some other must-have vitamins / supplements to take every day?

been using myprotein unflavored this whole time. it's not horrible, just kinda get the shake down as fast as i can and move on

i ran out and my new shipment is gonna take a week so i went and got a tiny bag of some chocolate plant protein shit and it's fookin delicious. i've been missing out on flavored protein this whole time, my shakes taste like chocolate pudding now. do you flavored protein bros get sick of the flavor eventually after months/years?

Trying to set up a home gym - would rather save the space required for a half platform.. is there any reason I can't use 2 deadlift blocks + a third wider platform to get my feet to the same height?

just take a decent multi and it will have you covered bro. go to costco and get a giant bottle for cheap

creatine mono

I order 4.5kg bags from myprotein, those last some months. I don't get sick from the flavour ever. I change flavour every time I order a new bag, that's enough for me

from my understanding, when you take multi-vitamins you get an excess of vitamins that you don't need supplements for

It is noticeable that my right lat insertion is higher than the left one? I like the left side but the right looks strange to me. Anything I can improve?

your left shoulder is higher than your right, this indicates that you flex your torso to the right and that's what's causing the illusion of a smaller lat. Either that or you have scoliosis or something

not true. alan aragon is the nutrition GOAT and all of his shit is peer reviewed and legit. he suggests a daily multi. you won't get any conditions from having a little extra of a vitamin

>never take a multi
>get sores on my tongue
>take multi for a few days
>sores gone
>stop taking multi
>cycle continues
wew

I normally do seated calf raises, but this week someone was using it so I did calf raises on the smith machine instead and the DOMS is insane, it's four days later and my calves are still sore. Does doing it in the smith machine hit a totally different area? The only difference I can think of is the smaller range of dorsiflexion (smith machine my heels don't get below horizontal)

Hello!
My question would be: 'How to acquire upper back DOMS?'
I want to balance out my muscles and fix my shoulders/posture.

The two major muscles in calf are the gastrocnemius and the soleus muscle. When you stand, you use the gastrocnemius. When you sit, your knee is flexed and you deactivate the gastrocnemius muscle (this muscle helps a little bit with knee flexion too, it can't do plantar flexion and knee flexion at the same time) and activate the soleus muscle.

tl;dr: standing calf raise and sitting calf raise use two different muscles in your calves, you just trained the gastrocnemius for the first time

just run my dude, I run frequently and I'm glad when I see recovering fatties actually putting in the effort to see cardio gains.
I get a little mad at the 35~ year old women who are decked out in full running gear but only ever walk.
put in the effort and you will see the gains

Is there a way to tell if I am completely dehydrated before I weight myself, thus eliminating any chance of water weight?

Are hanging knee raises somethig that only chicks do for abs? Is it gay if a guy does that, i dont know what else to for abs and i dislike plank a lot.

Superset seated high row with banded face pulls
Weigh yourself in the morning after taking a shit/piss, closest you'll get to being hydrated.
No, they're great. Stop being so insecure.

Same user as here
I go to the bathroom when I wake up, but then sometimes I have to go to the bathroom again an hour or two later, even if I haven't eaten or drank anything yet.

I work the evening shift at my job, so I drink a lot of water while there. Should I maybe not drink so much?

Are all multivitamin brands equal, if not, what separates good multis from the bad?

Also, are multivitamins for men always better than the generic kind?

when i do side planks i feel it mostly in my lats and not really in my obliques. what are some boxes i should have checked mentally with my form while i'm doing it so i feel it in the right muscles? thanks for any help lads

Thanks, that explains it perfectly.

Should I aim to hit both on legs day or alternate one each week? Also since I've never hit it before, should I try to get it up to parity with the other one before I start training both again?

I youtubed "how to cook chicken breast" and all results show them cooking the thing whole. I thought you were supposed to chop it up? Am I thinking of a different part of the chicken?
t. never cooked in my life before

I've just started uni, I've got a 3-day/week workout schedule and I'm doing intermittent fasting. Thanks to the kickoff weeks and studies I've only had time for one meal per day, with at least 110g of protein, at the end of the day right after my workout and then I usually go to bed soon after. Can this have a negative impact on my gains?
Thanks in advance