This is both a renown authority and an elite level athlete in the """"""""sport""""""" of powerlifting

>this is both a renown authority and an elite level athlete in the """"""""sport""""""" of powerlifting

*pffffffffffffffffffffffff*

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

in for 28 free programs

OP is a fag

I think even most hardcore powerwankers on this board would agree powerlifting isn't a real sport. It's a hobby.

if there is competition on the platform its a sport

I bet this dude always smells.

Just for the record, no one in the strength training community takes Greg Nuckols seriously. That's why he's been forced to resign himself to collabing with people like Omar Isuf and Bret Contreras where they circle jerk about muscle activation and other meaningless bullshit. Go look up his thread on StartingStrength if you want to see truly just how stupid this person is. You'll never be able to look at him the same way again.

he looks like he plays magic the gathering

wasnt he working for chad wesley smith? I mean I take CWS seriously as fuck

is he squatting 280kg?

at least he isn't the guy who made 5/4/1

I forget the exact circumstances of the issue but I think Greg published some nonsense on CWS' blog about Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength and then when he got called out for it, CWS actually removed or distanced himself from the event and made an official statement apologizing (it was something along those lines, I forget the exact circumstances. I don't think CWS was himself involved with the article but it was on his blog) but Mr. GNuckols persisted with his position and just made himself look like a complete buffoon. Funny enough, Candito got his "start" the same way in the industry. You call out Mark Rippetoe, get some attention, and then when you inevitably get BTFO by the GOAT, you just delete your video and enjoy the new subs.

more im into lifting more I respect Rippetoe and hes teachings desu. Before 200kg squat I tought its all bs, after 200kg I realised he was right about many many things

and dling conv other than rip says is just retarded, you can add small things like breaking the bar, pushing heels in hard, but rest has to be like rip says

This is the most meta joke I've ever seen in this board.

I guess bodybuilding is a sport then.

the goat of what, training high school students?

rippetoe has accomplished nothing in PL and trained nobody of note, why should anyone listen to him instead of someone like CWS or at least someone like nuckols who had some decent lifts?

rippetoe isnt only person in SS

both Baraki and Jordan are sucessful lifters and coaches from the SS. Thrall is under Baraki, look at the progress he made in half a year

power lifters are people that have never played sports in their lives.

this

nobody takes Rippetoe or his offshoots seriously in the strength training or powerlifting world, he's a nobody

follow his programming if you want to bench a pencil after 10 years training like Alan Thrall

and addition to this is, Ripp with his attitude is prob only one famous that doesnt train drugos

it literally is you drooling retard

Is miss America a sport?
What about America has talent?

Same. The longer I lift, the more I realize that Rip is genuinely correct about most things and his concepts are applicable to pretty much every aspect of lifting (not just beginners trying to get stronger). There are some things I don't quite agree with though, like the need for cleans as part of a strength training regiment. I also don't understand why he is so assmad about Sumo in competition. Yeah, conventional will probably make you stronger in the real world but Sumo shouldn't be banned from contest...it's really no different from someone that arches harder or takes a wider grip on the bench. Just part of the game and the rules they are given

Bodybuilding is not a sport lmfao. A sport measures athletic performance in some capacity...it is in no way a subjective beauty pageant like bodybuilding is

No, because bodybuilding has nothing to do with objectively measurable performance like powerlifting does.

If weightlifting is a sport, then so is powerlifting, deal with it.

how to make bodybuilding a sport

get the competitors on stage without a pump
give everyone one adjustable dumbell with some weights on it
give them 15min to get a pump
after that pose

winner would probally be the dude with the best pump

In my opinion BB should've always been a some similar to "powerbuilding": a show about the best balance between a strength feat and looking big.

I'd bet my house that neither of them have ever put one of their top competitors on SS or the 3 day TM base program.

I guess someone better call those chess players that theyre not a sport anymore or shooters and tell them they arent in the olympics anymore you fucking idiots

Both of those involve objectively measurable skill, unlike bodybuilding, try again.

3 day tm and ss are for noobs not competitors

Are you retarded? Both are entirely skill based objective competitions. Though I'd argue chess is more of a game than a sport.

Which means Rip has never released a program he'd actually train a PL competitor with. He doesn't even compare to Cuckols.

Jordan uses RTS programming, not Rippetoe programming - that should tell you something

Rippetoe is mostly just fine when you keep his advice in the context of training beginners for the purpose of strength, but when you start applying Rippetoe advice to people who are outside of this category you get into trouble

my only complaint as far as his programming for beginners is that I always see people making really poor bench and press gains on SS unless they had an athletic background and already had some upper body mass coming into the program, this was definitely the case for me and my bench and OHP took off after I started listening to more experienced lifters and doing way more volume

Who is arguing that rips basic programs are good for powerlifting? They're general strength programs for noobs.

Rip never always claims he specializes in teaching novices.

Who do you always see legit curious here in my whole 13 gyms I've been to in the last 2.5 years I don't think I've ever seen people do SS. Surely you're not going by the bait threads on fit ?

>the average gym goer knows what they're doing

>Rip never always claims he specializes in teaching novices
>never always

do starting sentence

i've met numerous people running SS (i've been going to the same gym for years) and also put several friends of mine on the program when they told me they wanted to start lifting, this is just what I've observed

other than the bench programming it's fine

>objective
>

You both are fucking retarded, bodybuilding is a sport in the same way fiahing is or hunting, there is a clear goal that is scored by a pannel of judges.

Naw bro they just weigh and tape the dead animal.
Whoa, why don't they do that at bodybuilding shows??

The animal is weighed, which decided the winner. Is miss America and Americas got talent both sports? Answer the question faggot.

Bodybuilding is a pageant contest. Not a sport.

sorry bud you have to have been to a minimum of 15 gyms in 2.5 years to post on Veeky Forums

As someone who's new to strength training, rip and these guys are easily accessible and all I know. If you believe there is better then please share.

I see these kind of comments a lot yet no one offers an alternative.

is there book about RTS worth reading>?

You're bullshiting but that's fine this is fit afterall where people that can't even do 2/3/4/5 start making their own routines and criticising others.

you've really never encountered anybody who has done SS, or have never had friends ask you for lifting advice when they start out? sad desu

No

You can't do 2/3/4/5 and you're still talking? Sad desu

Because bodybuilding is really just an outlet for fags and mentally ill incels

t. guy who can't 2/3/4/5 and looks like shit

post body

So esports are legitimate sports, then?

going to chime in here

i was pulling 500 in high school so let's not pretend like that's an important qualification for being able to criticize Rippetoe's bench programing, which is the number one criticism of the program if you actually leave this autistic echo chamber

also using the "2/3/4/5" benchmark like a 225 overhead press is in any way proportionate to the others immediately demarcates you as a LARPer who is probably still on starting strength and will defend it to the death

>implying most fags that do bodybuilding training and are roided to fuck can even 1.5/2/2.5 .

are you actually that delusional?

>mentions his deadlift
So you can't do 2/3/4/5 then good to know.

t.mad

OHP, which hasn't been in my programming for a long time, is at 175x4 at ~190lbs bw last I messed around with it (I think late May or June), so you got me there

i nailed it with the LARPer comment, didn't I? you're probably nowhere near 2/3/4/5 and look like dogshit

feel free to prove me wrong here user

I'm a larper because you don't program ohp? bet my balls you also don't squat 4pl8.

prove me wrong LARPer, post your 225 overhead pressing physique, show me those massive shoulders

we're waiting pal

Prove you what wrong you're the one criticising routines of a guy that produced 3pl8 ohpers

still no 225 OHPing delts of peace pictures, it sick

just admit you're a LARPer and this brutal mogging can stop

>actual knowledge based on scientific research is bad
>blindly following SS is good
remind us again how GOMAD works and is totally a good way to put on "mass".

>gets called out
>tries to talk his way out of posting a pic

it's like poetry

Still no 4pl8 squat vid. Still giving advice. Feel bad for your friends m8.

>being so desperate for his betters to write back
Embarrassing.

still no 2/3/4/5 physique pic

what's the matter geek, you scared?

Terrified bro, your 2pl8 squat physique got me good.

I would post a picture of my body to prove you wrong, but I could be identified based on my scars (used to be involved with a fight club, stabbed multiple times) and my gang affiliated tattoos from when I spent 10 years in one of the toughest prisons in the country (I’m, probably, in the top priority list of the FBI right now).

I know your type, though. You think because you can squat and deadlift heavy that you're a big guy with an impressive physique. I have built plenty of muscle without those autistic lifts. You probably think you're superior because you follow the routines of a fat little redneck man with no real knowledge of building muscular or strength. You don’t know shit about muscles and strength if you have not trained the way I had, I literally learned from the best, and you got no shit on me, you fat autistic neckbeard.

Look at the average roider in the gym. Weak as fuck.

Fuck off nigger. You're pretending to be a bad man on a cartoon forum.

not that user, but are you actually retarded? or just new?

predictably, still no pictures, because you're a LARPer

in the future before you claim a certain benchmark level of strength is necessary to criticize a routine, 1. pick a benchmark that actually reflects realistic ratios between bench and overhead press provided that both are trained with an equal focus and 2. make sure you are actually somewhere near those benchmarks

kek

lol this guy will die from heart disease at 45

>I'm weak thus you're a larper
Embarrassing.

cope

Not him but yes.
Just because something doesn't require actual peak physical peformance it could be considered a sport.
Anything that has measurable skill, with an actual high skill gap could be a sport.

Pretty much, weakfags all over here.

this

i mean he won't even post a pic just lol

>this pasta again

What would a pic accomplish when discussing strength, you look better than isley yet he outlifts you by a fair margin.

What did you just say about me you little shit? I'll have you know I've spent 10 years on the toughest Cambodian rice cooking image based boards around, and you bullshit prison sting wouldn't impress a single fucking Vietnamese rice cooking grandma on any one of them kiddo.

You try to pull that bullshit in my face and not online and see what rice I cook mother fucker.

is chess a sport? srs q

toughguy alert (cop sirens in the background)

And this is an Olympic gold medalist

technically it's a contest. Sports are played against others directly

Is this b8?

>What would a pic accomplish when discussing strength, you look better than isley yet he outlifts you by a fair margin

50% BW OHP isn't that impressive even if it's 2 of your dinner plates

a decent powerlifter training a mediocre strongman does not prove that Rippletits is correct about anything

Esports are not a fucking sport you mong!

Yeah I'm sure Eddie hall is gutted that some twink can do 5xbw dl when he can only do 2.5 dl

There's no clear definition of what is or isn't a sport, especially if you look at what's in the Olympics. It's not as if something being a sport is a merit, some sports are just fucking stupid and shitty anyway.

you are wrong, the really do think it is

coping HARD