I wanna do a 5x5 routine consisting of: squats, DL, weighted dips, weighted pull ups

I wanna do a 5x5 routine consisting of: squats, DL, weighted dips, weighted pull ups.

How do I structure this?

Also what's best for relieving doms and muscle recovery, swimming or running on off days?

Do it everyday, take day off if you feel like it. Best exercises btw

Wtf do u mean do it every day lol that answers neither of my questions

just do stronglifts 5x5 but swap bench for weighted dips and rows for weighted pullups

Ok thanks man appreciate, should I do the same rep schemes for pull ups and dips too (5x5 or 3x5)?

What about OHP?

Just do starting strength and add in accessories faggot

Do it in one workout, 3 days a week

That's what I've been doing, the reason I wanna swap out the excercises I mentioned is because I was doing weighted dips and pull ups before and the gains were looking juicy as. I can also dip a lot of weight compared to what I bench, not sure why that is.

Obviously you can't squat then go onto dips, pull ups and then deadlift 3 days a week, that's over training no?

What should I do about OHP as well

depends on how you're feeling, in my experience, doing 5x5 isn't that great for lat development, i can do 5 reps with 65lbs but my lats are shit, when i switched to 45lbs and more reps i could clearly see my lats developing more

We'll I'll start with 5x5, build up the weight then start with hypertrophy type shit I guess.

What should I do with OHP? Should I still be doing it or is it or necessary anymore if I'm doing the weighted dips, pull ups, squats, dl

Is it not necessary*

Bump

Bumping this, is OHP still necessary if I'm doing squats, deadlifts, weighted pull ups & weighted dips and how do I structure this 3 days a week. What order do I do the lifts in

are you trying to become even more of an unaesthetic benchlet t-rex than people usually become on SL?

ohp is awesome anyway, but yeah it will compliment dips well.

three workouts a week, squat twice and deadlift once. Alternate ohp and dips and do pullups every workout.

oh and order I usually squat first because the thought of squatting 5x5 after another lift makes my body hurt.

squat
ohp/dips
pulls

squat
ohp/dips
pulls

deadlift
ohp/dips
pulls

Thanks man, love u

1 more thing, SL says to do squats every session, I think I better stick with that. And is doing Deadlift at the start of the session a better idea?

Also I wanna do cardio on off days, either running or swimming, how long should I do it for? Like an hour?

AxBxAxBx...etc

A: Squat, Dip, Pull up
B: Deadlift, Dip, Pull up

How will you work chest and traps, though?

Bro is me, we've wittle it down to this now.

Why wouldn't you want some sort of row? T-bar? Bent over row? Do you not want to develope mid back?

Also dips and ohp work chest

No. You don't want to be squatting with a fatigued lower back. Not a good idea

Don't ask me dumb questions man, I'm still a beginner, critique it and tell me how to fix it

I didn't mean to imply I was gonna deadlift before squat I know that's a dumb idea.

work out every day

Kys
Do you even know shit about bodybuilding ?
What about infra/supraspinatus, what about rear delts, what about hamstrings, forearms, calbes, biceps, abs ? What about lateral delts, trapezius ?

Seriously there's too many faggots here
Stop doing some stupid fancy routines, stick to classic bodybuilding

Infra and supra get worked from pull ups, dips, deadlifts, ohp. Hamstrings from deadlifts and squats. Forearms from deadlifts, dips, pull ups, ohp.
Biceps get worked, abs get work from all of what I listed. Traps from deadlifts, ohp, a little from pull ups and dips.

You deep throating faggot, gotta work that gag reflex muscle right babe

Gimme that sauce boss

That must be why any advanced lifter uses targeted exercise for those bodyparts ? Indirect stimulation is not enough past some level.
+ imbalances due to the difference of activation of your front and rear delts.

Hamstrings are not the main target of a squat, nor deadlifts
Indirect forearm work is not enough depending on your body; also dips and OHP wont train them.
Biceps should not be the main target of pull ups so you aren't training them correctly.
Indirect work of abs is a meme.
Deadlift is... i won't debate on it.
Traps aren't involved in OHP except for stabilization, same for pull ups and dips

Start small and work up to it...
If you push to hard injuries will occur and the downtime sucks

post body and routine

Just do sl 5x5 and add in dips on day A and pullups on day B.

>Monday
Dips
Squats
Pullups
>Wednesday
OHP
Deadlift
>Friday
Monday again

AxBxAxx, AxBxAxx next week too (don't do BxAxBxx)
For deadlifts do ramping sets, not sets across
For squats do the TM rep scheme (heavy 1x5 on Friday)
Enjoy your SICK GAINS

First year lifting

Currently on PPL, previously on a Split from Delavier's books

>Push:
Incline bench 3*12
Bench 3*12
Decline bench 3*12
Close grip bench 3*15
>still no chest mode
Skullcrushers 3*12
Lateral raises 4*20

Pull
Pull ups 3*12
Dumbbell row 3*12
Barbell row 3*12 on bench
Shrugs 3*12
Lumbar extensions 4*15
Rear delt raises 4*20
Incline curls (on a bench) 3*12
Preacher curls 3*12
Reverse curls 3*12

Legs (homegym)
Squats close feets stance 5*12
Floor glute ham raise 4*12
Hip thrust 4*12
Calves raises 4*12
Wide stance light squats for adductors 4*15
Anything more when I can get into a gym

All warmup use L-Fly
Workouts can be splitted if necessary

Do greyskull lp.
It's an improved version of ss.
No newbie needs 5x5 on anything. You're just adding extra fatigue for no gains.

Also Abs 3/4 times a week because muh bad genetics.
And i don't need deep triceps work because my triceps are dominant on most press, which explains the my cruel lack of chest

Squat x2 wk, diddly x1 wk, alternating days for dips and pull-ups? That's where I'd start on it.

Seems like younger going to need to periodize the dips and pulls soon, I can't see linear progress lasting too long.

Also, why not add a horizontal push (ohp) and a horizontal pull (rows)?

Forgot, swimming will be much better for some if you keep it easy. Especially if you have access to a hot tub for a few min as well.

I should of been clearer.
Currently I've been doing:
A
Squat 3x5
Bench press 3x5
Row 3x5
Chin ups 3x8

B
Squat 3x5
OHP 3x5
DL 1x5
Chin ups 3x8

Why is everyone telling me to squat 2 days a week versus 3 days like SL suggest?

I wanna swap bench for weighted dips and replace something for weighted pull ups. Or is the routine I'm doing at the min better?

You're going to want a horizontal row in there once a week.

IMO a M W F split is greatly supplemented by adding T/Th as accessory days where you hit the core, arms , hamstrings.

I normally blast through 3-12 curl/tricep, leg raise/cable crunch, leg curl/face pull sets in no time (use a lot of machines to cut time).

Then I still have a bit of time for conditioning.

kissless virgin here, what are those straps that meet at the middle of the bra for?

they kinda make boobs seem bigger, but i dont know

No functional purpose. It's there to lingerie it up and frame her cleavage.

Frequency of workouts conditions your response to stimuli

There's a reason why pros can go to the gym everyday and not be crippled by DOMS

They're just for show.

Maybe it's one of those optical illusions that make them look bigger or firmer or whatever.

Steroids you stupid ape.
They can go to the gym and workhard everyday and not be crippled by doms because of steroids.

The greatest power of gear is recovery capacity and how it boosts your training to insane levels. Not muscle growth.

However, constant daily low to midlevel effort and strength and endurance practice for years has real and amazing benefits. It's the oldman strength effect.

Alright so let's get this straight, my routines gonna look like:

A
Squat 3x5 (prob do 5x5 I prefer more volume)
Dips 5x5
Pull ups? (Can these replace barbell row or no or should I do both?)

B
Squats 5x5
OHP 5x5
Deadlift 1x5
Chin ups (3x8 or 5x5?)

Bump