Weighted chin ups
One arm assisted chin ups

Power high pull
Power clean
Face pull

Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
All 4x6 (except neck, abs and calves).
Rotate between exercises.
Rest 1:30 min for squats and deadlifts, rest 1 min for other exercises, rest 30 seconds for abs, neck and calves.

Well that was a big gay-ass wall of text. One could even describe it as completely retarded. Just kidding lol.

Anyway:

DB press: 8 sets/5-8 reps
Biceps curls: 5 sets/10-12 reps
Forearm curls: 5 sets/12-15 reps
Triceps push downs: 5 sets/8-12 reps
Tricep extensions: 5 sets/10 reps
Leg press: 5 sets/10 reps
Shrugs: 5 sets/15-20 reps

I do shoulders exercises at home when I feel like it.
I do this 5-6 times a week with cardio thrown in now and again.

My mon/wed/fri routine

Eat pizza in bed with twinkies for dessert.
Drink 6 dr. Peppers with slim jims before my WoW raid (25man)
Order 4x4 from in n out with animal style fries
2 snickers bars with bag of hot cheetoes
Large pizza from dominos with cheese sticks and pasta
6-8 Bud Lights with chips and salsa to end the day.
Do 10 push ups and 10 sit ups to get in my exercise.

When you think about it that's actually pretty healthy compared to some fitness freak.
Think about it. You're getting some fitness (push-ups and sit-ups) but not pushing yourself to the point where you risk injury.
A comfy life, if you're not concerned about looking like some bodybuilder and wasting your life away in the gym.

Bump

Would love some feedback or advice
I have been doing this for about 3 weeks

I'm going for aesthetics but also trying to get in shape to surf better

PPLPPLx

>Push
3x5 bench press
3x5 ohp
3x5 incline bench press
3x10 db arnold press
3x10 side lat raises
3x10 cable tricep pushdown
3x10 cable rope overhead tricep extension
10 minutes running

>Pull
3x5 deadlift
3x8 barbell rows
3x5 wide grip lat pulldown (still can't do more than one or two pullups
seated cable rows
Barbell bicep curl

>Legs and Abs
3x5 lowbar squats
weighted decline crunches
air bikes
minute side planks
minute planks

bump

I would love to also work power cleans into my routine because they're fun and would help me explode

Which day would be a good one to do power cleans?

Looks solid, I'd be cautious going to failure on neck work though you can snap your shit up with really small fuck ups.

Legs after squats.

Not too bad, really reminiscent of CoolCicada's PPL which I would recommend checking out if you like this style.

Add rear delt work on your pull day after the pulldowns

Add a shrug to your pull day

Add hamstring/glute work of some kind to your leg day after the squats and cleans but before the ab work,it's lacking pretty heavily from your program. I like lying hamstring curls and GHRs a lot.

I would recommend doing PPLx for better recovery and doing Pull Push Legs instead so your squatting/DL/cleans aren't interfering with each other as much

thanks a lot dude!

No problem man, just remember to try to always progress every time you do these lifts or you won't get bigger since you aren't making your body adapt to do anything.

I liked adding 5 pounds to a set every time I did that lift when I was on a very similar set up

e.g. if I was doing 3 sets of say OHP I'd do
100x5, 100x5, 100x5 then next time 105x5,100x5,100x5 then 105x5, 105x5, 100x5 etc.

Thanks bro, when I start failing I do them unweighted, the resistance is not much I do it for high reps

Hi friends. I was wondering if y'all think I'm pulling too much.

I'm doing a modified 5/3/1 while I recover from a hernia, so only the 5 week with weekly progression. To be fair I have a weak upper back I'm trying to target, but I think I may be hindering myself with this amount of pulling.

Mon:
Press, weighted chins

Tues:
Dead, volume squat

Thurs:
Bench, Pendlay row, arm work

Fri:
Heavy squat, power clean

Think I should replace power cleans with front squats or something? I'm roughly back to my old weights pre injury now

PPL twice a week, fuck the police I have a lot of free time on my hands nowadays

PUSH
Flat DB press 10/8/6 -> after 6 reps immediately do a light set
Landmine press 3x10
Dips 3x15
Superset: cable flyes and Lateral raises 3x12
Tricep work 5xF

PULL
Barbell rows 3x8
Close-grip pulldown 3x10
Chest supported high row 3x10
Superset: cable pullovers 3x10 and banded facepulls 3x20
Curls 3x15
Forearm work because flexor tendons are feeling like shit

LEGS
Deadlift 1x5 or 1x10
Squats 3x10 knees are shit
Hamstring curls 3x15
Hip extensions 3x10
Calf work 3x20

thinking of running a phat variation with upper, lower, chest/back, shoulder/arms, and legs. thoughts lads?

Upper
Bench
OHP
Weighted Dips
Weighted Chin Ups
T Bar Row
Pulldowns
Face pulls SS lat raises

Lower
Squats
Deadlift variation
Hack Squats
DB RDL
Abs

Chest/Back
Bench variation
Incline DB
Dips
Flies
Pull Ups
Cable Row
Pulldowns
Straight bar pulldown

Shoulders/Arms
Seated DB
Lat raises SS rear delt flies
Close grip
Tricep pushdown
Tricep extension
Hammer curls
Preacher curls
Cable curls

Legs
Deadlift
Squat Variation
Leg extension
leg curl
abs

>remove ohp or db arnold press
>deadlift is legs
>more upper back work (facepulls, high row etc)
>do eccentric pullups till you die from the soreness
>hamstring curls on leg day

That looks fun, I'd do the following
>alternate pushing and pulling exercises on your upper and chest/back day
>Don't do completely different main lifts every workout, have a base (weighted chins, ohp etc.
>more supersets for arms etc

Why do you think it's too much pulling?

Replace landmine press or dips with overhead pressing of some kind since you have literally none unless you count landmine as a semi vertical press.

>Triceps 5xF
After the 3rd sett what's even the point of going to failure anymore? You should only have to go to failure once, twice at the most.

Maybe do one movement of direct rear delt training on push day to balance it a little better but this is optional given the facepulls and high rows on pull day.

Pull day looks fine

>knees are shit
Because your form/mobility sucks or you have injuries/wear and tear?

Only other thing I would say is if you find your lower back to be too taxed from squatting and deadlifting the same day, either replace deadlift with Jefferson deadlift, hack pull or trapbar deadlift OR replace squat with front/zercher/highbar squats to solve that, and box squatting might be a good idea for you since it takes the pressure off your knees at the bottom.

>Upper
Dips seem redundant on the first day, drop them or drop bench (I would recommend dropping dips due to higher injury risk)

Pulldowns also kind of redundant but not too detrimental

Add at least one movement of direct bicep work

>Lower
>DB RDL
Why DB? Barbell is definitely more specific to your deadlift

Add direct hamstring/glute work like hamstring curls or GHR

>Chest/Back
>3 bench variations in a row
Drop one

Drop one of your pulldowns for shrugs/high pulls/more upper back work of some kind

>Shoulders/Arms
>3 curls in a row
Not even a point, drop one. I'd recommend preacher or cable curls.

>Legs
Drop leg extensions immediately, as nice as they are for your quads they are literally terrible for your knees. Add another exercise like hyperextensions instead and work on your posterior chain. Squats are more than likely enough for your quads.

Could someone post a specific workout template. I remember it said push pull split at the top and the template was blue and yellow. Love you bros

B/c it's every day. I'm most worried about the rows and PCs clashing.

Well try it out and see lol. I doubt it will but worst case switch the monday and thursday workouts it's not that complicated.

Pls respond

rolling

This is just sad.....

Also now that I'm looking at it you should add some direct rear delt work on both days after the compounds and some direct arm work as well unless you want fucked up shoulders and spaghetti arms

Why no back exercises?

WS4SB
About to start this template tomorrow... any thoughts?

which is the best routine scheme for a girl lads? my gf is asking me for routine advice. her goal is to have thick and strong legs (especially calves) and also achieve that nice and round booty.

she already squats and dl 155 for 3x5, she's currently on a PPL scheme 3 times a week (tries to do legs two times per week since its her main focus), but I was thinking of switching her to ULxUL routine.

what do you fellas think? also, some advices for my lass if you care to spare.

Give GHRs a chance they can be hard at first but they're great once you get going, I could only do 2 the first time I did them but it's only been like 2 weeks and I can do 10 now. Also I'd replace walking lunges with reverse lunges instead. No overhead work kind of sucks but that's a matter of your priorities.

3x a week fullbody, typical SS type programs are perfect since they're so lower body heavy

I got something simillar but a bit simpler. My day is busy so I aim at no longer than 1h per workout.

A1/A2/A3:
>Dumbbell Bench 3x12 / Barbell Bench 3x5 / Barbell Bench 3x8
>Barbell Row 3x5 / Dumbbell Row 3x8 / Dumbbell Row 3x12
>Squat 3x8 / Front Squat 3x12 / Squat 3x5
>Curls 3x5 / 3x8 / 3x12 (+ obliques supersets)

B1/B2/B3:
>Pulldowns 3x12 / Chinups 3x5 / Lat Pushdowns 3x8
>DL 3x5 / RDL 3x8 / Goodmornings 3x12
>Seated OHP 3x8 / OHP 3x12 / OHP 3x5
>Dips 3x5 / 3x8 / 3x12 (+ AB supersets)

>ballad of the shapeshifter
I never thought of them having depression but I guess it makes sense

>routine
I made pic related into an ABA BAB routine by alternating deadlifts as well as the other compounds, with some accessories thrown in kind of chaotically, mostly isolations.

I wonder if I'm fucking up my back too much. It really helped me go over 100 kgs in diddlies tho.

day 1 chest+biceps
day 2 legs¨
day 3 abs+back¨
day 4 triceps+shoulders

Can I get some advice on building a routine that reduces strain on the lower back? I've gone and busted my lower back, but I still want to do something while it heals. So far i've got
>chest
>shoulders
>abs
>Arms
Are what I can realistically work without strain.

pull ups?
lats?

Well I was thinking of adding pullups on shoulder day. Maybe something like AxBxAxL
>A: Chest and Arms
>B: Shoulders and Abs
>L: Legs and Backs
Obviously with L having to be on extremely light weights for now

yes, you could do weighted dips and pullups

>A
BB bench 3x5
Incline DB 3x8
Chest flies 3x8
Curls 3x5
Skulls 3x5
W Dips: 3x8
>B
OHP 3x5
Single arm rows 3x8
W pullups 3x8
W crunches 3x8
W Oblique bends(?) 3x8
Ab Wheel 3x8
>L
Back Squat 3x5
Front Squat 3x8
Deadlift 1x5
Bent Rows 3x8

Opinions? Obviously L is set to light, and once my back heals up I'll readjust to move legs and back to different days

why dont you rest your back?

I have been, it's slowly getting better. L is just kinda a placeholder and will only do if I feel up to it.

how did you bust your back?

Can someone let me know if this is a meme routine or not? It was developed by Anthony Mychal and tailored specifically for skinnyfat beginners like me (i.e. incline press instead of flat bench for upper chest). The only real concern I've had with it personally is that Wednesday doesn't tire me out like Mondays and Fridays, so it feels like I'm not doing much.

Willing to look for a better alternative or suggestions for improvement.

>Monday
Back Squat 4×6-8
Chin-Ups (25)
Romanian Deadlift 2×8-12
Incline Press 3×8
Pushups 2 x max
Thick Grip Barbell Curls 2×15
HIIT Sprints

>Wednesday
Overhead Press 3×6-8
Barbell Rows 3×8
Hip Thrust 2×10
Calfs 2×20
Farmers Walks

>Friday
Deadlift 3×5
Incline Press 3×8
Front Squat 3×5
Chin-Ups (25)
Dips 2 x max
Thick Grip Hammer Curls 2×10
HIIT Sprints

thats some meme routine

Upper
Day 1: pushups, incline pushups, higher incline
Day 2: flat bench, incline dumbbell press, diamond
Day 3: incline barbell press, flat bench, incline pushups.

Day 1: front squats, back squats
Day 2: back squats, deadlift
Day 3: deadlift, back squats

Alternate body sections, go six days straight. Run on lower body days. Do bent rows and arms on day 7.

but why?

it seems so confused

yous hould start with some good cardio like running.

bastardised TM, 3.5 days a week.
bench once a week, press every gym day
heavy day for squats is 3x3 and dead is 2x3.

Daily squat to a Max, some lighter doubles and triples, alternating between Dips and Chinups as 2nd exercises. Go home drink milk

A:
Squat
OHP + chinups
Plank
B:
Deadlift
Bench press + rows
Plank

Alternate between workouts every other day or 3 times a week.

Whoever drew this comic is fucking retarded

Thinking about doing db shoulder press instead of lat raises... would you agree with it?

u rite

Is PHAT still the go to for someone wanting to focus on aesthetics and strength at same time? Doing 5/3/1 atm, want to switch to a "bodybuilding" routine after the next cycle

Nah your triceps should already be fried by that point if anything I'd replace the dips and not go to failure.

well what are your accessories? That was my main problem when doing greyskull was the lack of deadlift volume/frequency

If you really want to help your back don't bother doing super light deadlifts squats and rows, do what you can and still do it relatively heavy.

Ditch the back squat for now and instead of conventional deadlifts do trapbar, jefferson or hack pulls to keep yourself more upright in the mean time and do either lat pulldown, chest supported rows, dumbbell with your knee on a bench, or cable rows until your back is healed.

If you have the machine do reverse hypers, it literally helps people heal broken backs.

As long as your are progressing on every lift then don't change a thing. It's kind of a weird set up but if it's working then whatever.

>Training your back directly once a week with all that pressing volume
This is retarded find a program written by someone who's not you.

Eric?

Swap the rows and chinups. Spinal decompression after deadlifts and your lower back won't be so destroyed. Also unless you want to have noodle arms you really do need some direct work.

I just focus on my own imbalances.

Face pulls, curls, forearm work and such.

I think sqwats and diddlies are sufficient for my legs, as I think running and biking is sufficient for my calves

r8/h8/critique my routine

Day 1
(The) Military Press 5/3/1
Joker Set (optional)
Bench Press 3-5x5-8 FSL
Lateral Raises 3-4x10-15
Curl variations 4-6x8-12

Day 2
Rest

Day 3
Diddly 5/3/1
Joker Set (optional)
Front Squat 3-5x5-8
Weighted Chins 5x10
Hanging Leg Raises 5x10

Day 4
Rest

Day 5
Bench Press 5/3/1
Joker Set (optional)
Military Press 3-5x5-8
Dips 5x10
DB row 5x10-12

Day 6
Rest

Day 7
Squat 5/3/1
Joker Set (optional)
Deadlift 3-5x5-8
Weighted Chins 5x10
Hanging Leg Raises 5x10

Been running this for 2 cycles now, working well, tho my bench is not moving as much as I would've liked, can post before/after stats.

Is my DL lagging because of my lacking squat?

My Squat is 100kg x5 and my DL is 135kg x5 struggling to progress.
I've started to squat with higher frequency and switched to low bar and it seems like progress is starting back up.

They are sufficient, if you want to add more leg work I'd probably do some posterior chain work instead.

p p l p p l x

>Push (alternate between heavy OHP and heavy Bench)
Bench Press 5x5
OHP 5x5
Lateral raises 5x10
Inclined DB press 4x10
Tricep extensions 4x10

>Pull
Deadlift 5x5
chin ups 4 sets till failure
seated cable rows 4x10
face pulls 4x10
lat pull down 4x10
Bicep curls 4x10

>Legs
Squats 5x5
Calf raises 5x10
Leg press 4x10
weighted ab crunches 4x10

Thinking about learning front squat and replacing leg press with it.

PPxPPxx

PULL
Day1: Deadlifts 4x5, 1x5+
Day2: Barbell rows 4x5, 1x5+
3x8-12 Pulldowns
3x8-12 seated cable rows/T-bar rows
1x8, 1x20 Shrugs
5x15-20 face pulls
4x8-12 hammer curls/Preacher curls
3x20 Calf raises

PUSH
Day1: Bench press 4x5, 1x5+
Day2: Overhead press 4x5, 1x5+
Day1: Overhead press 3x8-12
Day2: Bench press 3x8-12
3x8-12 incline dumbbell press
3x8-12 Skullcrushers SS 3x15-20 lateral raises
3x8-12 triceps pushdowns SS 3x15-20 lateral raises
Day1: Squats 3x5
Day2: Leg press 3x15-20

Add one direct tricep movement on either your OHP or bench day and swap dips out for closegrip bench for better specificity.

Do Pull Push Legs instead

Any reason why?

gucci, maybe move squats/leg press to immediately after your main presses on Push so you aren't doing them gassed out but other than that looks solid

Deads and upper back work will interfere with squats

Makes sense, thank you, I'll change next Monday
Any more advice?

Alpha routine here:
>Wake up on my mattress on the floor in my parents house
>Get up early and pretend to go to the job I got fired from
>Nap in Walmart parking lot in the spots in the back near the people who live in their cars
>Use library WiFi when I get tired of using my phone
>Eat junk food and ruin gains
>Sometimes have close calls of seeing someone in my family when I should be working
>Go to the gym when my friends get out of work
>Go to my shit job at night so I can actually have some money
I'm so tired

M:
1x5 squat
1x5 bench
3x5 row
1xF decline ab crunches

W:
1x5 DL
1x5 OHP
3x8-12 DB shrugs
3x8-12 arnold press

F:
1x5 bench
1x5 squat
3x8-12 lat pulldowns
1xF hanging knee raises

For all the 1x5s I do 3-4 warm up sets into my work set and max out. Anything else is accessory, might add RDLs or leg curls to help deadlift later.

Stop being a little bitch and tell your parents, whatever they say can't be worse than literally wasting entire days.

Scoliosis+bad form on squats. I'm seeing a physio and scoliosis expert who's helping me adjust it
Gotcha. So revising the above ditch Backsquats, keep front squat, change deadlifts to hackpulls and chest supported rows as accessory (alread have single arm rows for shoulders on B)

Nope, not personally a fan of ppl but as far as they go this should be fine. As long as you're progressing on all your lifts don't change a thing

Could be, despite it generally being thought of as a hamstring movement the quads are still involved to a fair extent.

Yep, still go light and be careful initially with hack pulls since they can be kind of awkward the first few times you do them.

And I can't stress reverse hypers enough if their available to you.

I got a homegym, no idea how I'm going to incorporate rev hypers...any idea?

A mon, weds, fri
squat 5x5
overhead press 5x5
bench press 5x5
linear leg press using calves only 30x5

B tues, thurs
tricep pushdown 5x5
forearm work? 5x5
idk what this is called I grab a medicine ball get into situp position and turn back and forth with it tapping the ball the floor each side, later move up with weight and with a dumbell 5x26 (even number)
bike 3mils twice a day, 5 days a week

also up for suggestions

If you have a high surface that you can lay your upper body on and get your legs under it, then lay on that and hold a db between your feet or use a band. wrapped around your ankles and anchored to something under the other side of the table from your legs.

I found pic related, and I have an adjustable bench so using this with some bands should work

You're going to get knee pain from quad dominance if you don't get posterior chain work in to balance it, and you should probably add some direct bicep work as well.

You don't have what I would call a very good system but it's not terrible

Yup that should work great.

Awesome, you've been a huge help man. You have no idea how much I appreciate it

A

Bench Press 3x5
Bentover rows 3x8
Shrugs 3x8
Skullcrushers 3x8
Curls 3x8

B

Overhead Press 3x5
Lateral Raises 3x10
Chinups 3x8
Shrugs 3x8
Close Grip Bench 3x8
Curls 3x8

Thoughts/criticism pls?

Can anyone point me to a good place to build my routine? I just aimlessly bench and do rows/pulldowns and throw in whatever in between and I'm basically DYEL. I try to dedicate one day a week to legs/back with squats and DLs but I've gotten really sloppy and lost my progress within the last couple months. Yes, I've read the sticky. I want to achieve Gokumode

no problem man

That's a lot of volume.

but who was legs?

I started a PPL workout and would like your opinion on this

PUSH

Flat dumbell press
Overhead Dumbell Press
Inclined Dumbell Press
Dumbell Lateral Raise
Rope Push Down
Overhead Dumbell Extension
Shrugs

PULL
Diddly
Barbell Row
Lat Pull Down
Seated Row
Face Pulls
Barbell Curl
Hammer Curl

LEGS
Squat
Leg Press
Leg Extension
Hamstring Curls
Calf Raise

looks good. Id maybe superset triceps and throw in dips or flies on push days

1. If you want to look like that you're going to need to roid, so you can throw that away

2.The only thing worse than not lifting at all is lifting with no plan. But it turns out 99% of people suck dick at writing programs (this includes you). Find a routine that has a lot of testimonies so you know it's not complete shit. I recommend the Veeky Forums greyskull variation but change the deadlift volume to 3x3 or 2x5 instead of the 1x5 in the infographic.

3. Get a realistic progression scheme that you can stick to or you'll either overreach and plateau or you'll be wasting time.

4. Read and watch a fuckload. you need to learn this shit for yourself or when it comes time to program for yourself you'll be one of those guys benching the same weight for 3 years because you don't know anything but the most basic shit.

disregard this post, leave your push as is.