Has anyone here had success doing SS as a noob? I see it constantly being shit on here but praised in other places...

Has anyone here had success doing SS as a noob? I see it constantly being shit on here but praised in other places, but I tried doing a higher volume program and plateau'd pretty quick despite not skipping days and eating at a 500 surplus.

Now I see people talking about how back squats and deadlift aren't worth doing. There is so much conflicting information I can't decide on what program I should be doing.

tl;dr - best routine for dyels to reach 1/2/3/4 ?

Anyone who shits on squads, deadlifts or SS is nu/fit/. Do SS until you stop making linear progress then do whatever the fuck you want with your solid base of strength

what this guy says

If you take Veeky Forumss advice seriously you deserve everything you get. You do realize this website is synonymous with trolls and retards.

do stronglifts

Read the sticky you fucking retard

calisthenics and 2000 calory surplus is best when starting. calisthenics deplete calories like crazy, 5x ammount of regular lifting. 2 months n u will be fit even by Veeky Forums standard

I read the sticky. I also read plenty of shit that contradicts what's in the sticky. Kick rocks faggot.

SS helped me get to almost 4 pl8 squat and deadlift after 3 months in the gym

For starting out it was great, but after a few months it gets boring doing the same few lifts every week.
I ended up switching after month 3, but SS/5x5 did help me figure out what my body was capable of, and how to get proper form.

SS helped me get to a 5pl8 OHP in a month.

They're trolling you fucking noob. Read the sticky

SS got me from narrow nooblet to within 20 lbs of 1/2/3/4 on all lifts. It was a short trip to finish it off from there with Texas Method.

Keep in mind, I'm in my mid 30s. Also, I DID THE PROGRAM, including drinking milk and eating way too much. I went from 155 to 185lbs. Probably shoulda eaten a bit less and certainly should have eaten less fast food.

Now I gotta figure out how to come back down from strong fat land.

So all the posts about SS not having enough upper body volume, deadlifts being too dangerous to be worth doing, the only viable squats being front squats - all that stuff is just people trolling and nobody actually believes that?

Thanks for the input everyone

How long did it take you to reach 1/2/3/4 ? Did you have linear progression the entire time?

The only one of those that isn't 100% trolling bullshit is the bench volume, which I never personally had a problem with. Just don't do the program for a stupid long amount of time. It's a beginners program, get your noob gains and move on.

>he fell for memes and took it as 100% fact info

it's too lower body focused. squats and deadlifts aren't bad, but it's likely when starting your upper body is smaller than lower and this program might make that worse - and if you follow this program for a while it'll take possibly years to even yourself out again.

SS = GOMAD

Do stronglifts or ICF 5x5

Do SS if you wanna have a thicc cute butt for your bf to fuck

well what the fuck should beginners do then? less squats and more upper body?