Holy shit am I retarded or deluded but isn't chainlink gonna be fucking huge if news come true?

Holy shit am I retarded or deluded but isn't chainlink gonna be fucking huge if news come true?

Swift just released this video 4 hours ago
>youtube.com/watch?v=Zt5VRZ5YjeM

>The first one is that we will introduce a new name screening solution, SWIFT already has a transaction screening solution, now we will be able to help our customers screen names as well, on the basis of clients, suppliers etc. Quite a new development, Name Screening - that's the first one.

>Second one which is very important, Fraud detection this is also a key priority to us. We will be introducing a brand new service in terms of real time fraud detection over the SWIFT network that will come in the summer next year, quite an important development.
>Then of course we will keep on implementing our vision to other utilities for Know Your Customer, Sanction, AML and Fraud detection within the existing services.

Isn't this what Chainlink network is for, tamper-proof bringing data between services?

swift.com/our-solutions/compliance-and-shared-services/financial-crime-compliance/sanctions-solutions/name-screening#topic-tabs-menu

>Smart technology reduces false
positives
>Name Screening enables you to check
entire databases and single names of
individuals and companies against a
broad range of the most commonly
used sanctions lists, and more than 1.5
million PEPs and RCAs, as well as your
institution’s private lists.

This is apparently coming next summer

Can we dig deeper?

>people actually think the moon to 10k was impressive

you ain't seen nothin' yet, people

Wait what the fuck? RT fraud detection is a major function of the decrentalized oracle network is it not?

B I G T R U E

ye I think so aswell

>connect the dots

We all know Chainlink is amazing

We just need a real use case for the token there really isn't enough uses for it to be that valuable right now even if all this stuff becomes true (which is almost certainly will, swifts been using their product since early this year)

Rory said nodes will be live Q2 of 2018. Fraud detection is going live summer 2018.

>Chainlink nor Smart Contract mentioned

Stay deluded

so this summer ill be rich?

>there really isn't enough uses for it to be that valuable right now
LINK is required for the entire system to work, nobody will run oracle nodes for free and the more LINK you have, the more trustworthy your oracle is. I feel like that's pretty fucking important desu.

>connect
>the
>dots

Summer 2018 is Q2 2018. bo-bois... am i gon make it with 50k LINK?

No, it will most likely be hovering around $3

Sorry but if you dont thintk fraud detection is a use case you need to read up. It is a MASSIVE source of cost and time. Whole departments are set up to deal with tracking information and legitimising flase purchases claims.

That is massive. The cost saving and efficiency alone. Selling some DCR as we speak.

Could not care. You're dumb if you cant see the correlation.

Brb Ill have a sausage type meat in a logn bun with mustard ketchup and onions.

"Hurr durr he didnt say hotdog so its not a hotdog"

I'll be have 2 million if its $3 holy shit

Could easily be bratwurst. Your argument doesn't really fit

ALREADY PRICED IN

Did you actually just switch to fudding LINK to fudding hotdogs?

Is this how you planned your life would turn out? Arguing over cyclindrical meat types on an anonymous board?

Bratwurst is literally just fancy hotdogs
But also what kind of Neanderthal puts all that shit on bratwurst anyway?

kek

already priced in.

The same scum who put ketchup on a well done steak

>that video
This guys voice is the most soothing sound in the world
How do i invest in him?

Is it cool to put ketchup on a rare steak

i want bratwurst now

Isn't this the proof of work they did at SIBOS conference ? holy shit this is huge

You're making me ill

Have either of you done even the slightest research into the token use?
I'm literally 80% my portfolio in LINK but you have to understand the only use case we have been given for a use of the token is a factor in defining the "trust" of a node aslong with age of the node ect Swift could literally use a group of inhouse nodes they trust and they know relay perfect information and use 0 LINK tokens to do this and even if they wanted to use the token sergey has 33% of the tokens reserved for node operators that wish to use the system.
So basically even you can run a chainlink node with ZERO of the tokens and it will work just the same as a node with 10mil tokens.

I'm bullish on link because I see future token plans such as staking rewards and other token uses but if things stay as they are right now you cant expect the tokens you hold and trade on exchanges to be worth much they are simply just another erc20 token at the moment.

I would like to see someone debate anything I've said with proof

>ETH won't be worth much cuz gas n utility token n shit

This is now BRATWURST thread

Another person who has no fucking idea how link works.
Ethereum is needed to run the whole fucking network every single transaction fee is a use case for ethereum.

Fucking hell if this is your arguement then you do realise link is an erc20 token anyway? so its ethereum that would be used to any sort of transfering of tokens not link

You use 0 link to interact with a node there is no use case for the token there other than to show trust of a node like i said, as if a node goes rogue relays bad information they will lose LINK

>I would like to see someone debate anything I've said with proof

I would like to see you use proper punctuation.

I'm on a phone I don't give a fuck, doesn't change the facts and its easy enough to read

Do you think it will hit $300 if this is true?

you need to reread the white paper

??
what you posted has nothing to do with chainlink at all

$50 at least

Would you plan on using a 0 LINK node then? No.

Yes nodes can be run without LINK. But who on earth would use them?

Stop making it out to be that USEFUL nodes dont require LINK; that LINK is nearly a positive accessory.

Having LINK isn't "required" to run a node, but your node will not be interacted with without LINK.

I can agree on the staking though; a pool perhaps to increase the reputation of a a group of nodes, dividend like payout of the profit.

>Another person who has no fucking idea how link works.

the fucking irony of you saying this. read the fucking whitepaper m8, you don't have the slightest clue about how chainlink works.

How the fuck would it ever reach 300? You know there's a billion LINK in circulation right? That's like a 3 trillion dollar market cap. The absolute state.

hell even 1k linkies will make it if this swift shit is legit

Why would it matter if a node uses link or not?(serious question).
What makes it better?

Your only contribution to this thread is being posting meme's and saying link will hit $50 (which is fucking retarded even for someone bullish on link)

I'm starting to think i'm the only that actually read that shit because you guys are clueless to this actual tokens USE cases and a reason for it to have value. Smartcontract.com and Chainlink can literally achieve everything they sought out to do in the whitepaper without ever using the LINK token and when do want to use it 33% is reserved for these companies to run their own nodes so they won't have to buy the tokens off a bunch of neets on exchanges, you can't deny that is the truth.

>I would like to see someone debate anything I've said with proof
Gladly.

Look at pic related.
This slide (and variations of it) made up half of Sergey's presentation at SIBOS.

Notice how you have a series of banks from which information is drawn, as well as Standard & Poor's.

There is only node directly communicating with SWIFT in this example.

For this transaction (smart security) to have any kind of legitimacy, the oracle computations need to be as trustless as possible, for everyone involved (those banks, S&P, Swift, Security buyers, ...). That's one reason for the decentralized network (and thus the token).

Another reason is this: with a decentralized network with built-in trust features, SWIFT would not have to set up a new node every time a new external party is added.
And SWIFT also wouldn't have to keep nodes online for all that time they don't actually need it or its data.

Make sense?

If you can poke holes in this, I'm unironically all ears.

It doesn't.. its literally just a way to show "trust" in a node.
Because if a node relays bad information it would lose LINK its staked, therefore if someone is willing to stake 1million link on a node you can assume they are not willing to risk throwing away money to relay wrong information but the node network can work regardless if you have any of the erc20 tokens.

The ChainLink network utilizes the LINK token** to pay ChainLink Node operators
for the retrieval of data from off-chain data feeds, formatting of data into blockchain
readable formats, off-chain computation, and uptime guarantees they provide as operators.
In order for a smart contract on networks like Ethereum to use a ChainLink
node, they will need to pay their chosen ChainLink Node Operator using LINK tokens,
with prices being set by the node operator based on demand for the off-chain resource
their ChainLink provides, and the supply of other similar resources. The LINK token
is an ERC20 token, with the additional ERC223 “transfer and call” functionality
of transfer(address,uint256,bytes), allowing tokens to be received and processed by
contracts within a single transaction.

>You know there's a billion LINK in circulation right?
no there isn't, dumbass.

Imagine you want these tickets (data) to an event. You can go to the "licensed" ticket distributor, with the level of trust and legitimacy of that license verified by the amount of LINK they have' their reputation.

You can also buy them off the dodgy scalper going around who has such a bad reputation because he kept selling the wrong tickets and he lost his license in intervals; like nodes will with LINK. You know he'll give you the wrong/ fake tickets, because he has fucked up these type of processes before, losing his LINK in the process.

DOnt mind thr articulate fudder who's "80% in", and his claims that LINK is an accessory at best.

Yeah nodes with LINK arent required. But to be used they are. SO they really are required.

Kek the fudder is ignoring your reply

I havent posted one meme or called any price speculation, at all you absolute mongoloid. I talked about uses only.

Learn to fucking read you complete handicap.

Christ you're fucking stupid.

This

reminder that everyone said the ripple token was 100% useless before it mooned from less than 1 cent to over 40

>what is math

Oh FYI everyone, this is an example of what a fudder looks liek trying to sound "articualte".

They take a core concept to the value of the token; not the tech. And then talk about the tokens functions in a speculative, negative fashion.

DOnt mind him. He's a fucking retard.

That is not addressing anything I said.

Everything on that slide is completely unrelated to the erc20 token we are discussing. Listen I'm totally sold on Chainlink as a product and sergeys vision (He's been developing this atleast 4 years we know of before he even decided to host a ICO) and thats the reason why i hold 180k of these tokens.
But these actual tokens that we are talking about here and trading today have no actual use in any of this or any role in any of those slides you're referring to and even if they are 33% of the entire chainlink supply is already locked away in reserve for first companies that wish to use chainlink.

I'm just really hoping there is plans for staking rewards in the future as it makes sense as it's a node based token but the way the system has been designed and set up gives the token no real value or purpose atall.

If that’s you reason for puting “80%” of your imaginary portfolio in LINK, you’re pretty retarded

>holds 180k LINK
>thinks the LINK tokens are useless

yeah, you couldn't just be a dumbass FUDer with no LINK who didn't read the white paper.

>That is not addressing anything I said.
But it do.

You implied Swift would just set up its own in-house Chainlink nodes, meaning those nodes would essentially be centralized and they wouldn't need Link tokens.
As my post explained to you, there are VERY good reasons why Swift would indeed be using decentralized Chainlink nodes.

The slide shows a multitude of different parties; if Swift used internal nodes there would be no trustlessness towards any of those parties. Only towards Swift.

And using in-house nodes would mean that Swift would be constantly setting up its own nodes for every single party to every single transaction, instead of simply finding nodes that are already online, have already built up a reputation, and are part of the much more trustless decentralized network.

You said Swift would be using its own Chainlink nodes, without using Link tokens. And I directly refuted this point.

SWIFT feels the threat of Ripple as their existing networks of banks feel they're not getting the value for their money as they have closely monitored the value proposition of XRP and the shit ton of money being saved.

Whales are aware of this and wanted to buy as much Link as cheaply as they could.

Now that the Whales are happy and SWIFT is under pressure for the constant hacks, prepare the rocket ship.

He's right though you fucking retards. Currently, no there isn't, but there WILL be 1 Billion tokens in circulation. Hell the devs own like 90% of circulating tokens atm.

300$ is too much. Essentially, LINK is a transaction fee, I can't see it going any higher than 10$ and that's being generous. Now if you're operating a master node and collecting dividends, that's a whole mother story.

How is there no use for the token when the token is used to pay for transfer of data into the smart contract?
Even if Sergey decides to hand out LINK to the first users what does it matter? (which we still don't know if he'll do this)
It would help the network grow with this massive institutional recognition and that same LINK would still go to node operators (meaning us who run the nodes).

And of course they have no use TODAY because the network is still not live, most of the crypto projects are not finished. Why are you talking shit about LINK when this applies to all of crypto space?

I was going to show my portfolio with the 180k link but I think this monthly chart shows more proof that I held 180k link and that I believe in the token long term (I didn’t even sell or touch my ledger after it crashed)

Tbh I’m the only one actually talking about the token and it’s use cases the rest of you just blindly obsessed with speculating about it’s value and linking sibos slides that don’t involve the token.

LMAO THE FUDDER DELETED IT

see

Didn't delete it, its here
it just double posted it cause i'm on phone

Make it $50 and we're cool. Anyway this transaction fee bullshit isnt really a viable argument since ETH shouldnt have mooned then. Remember that LINK is not only for ETH smart contracts, its currently an oracle for ETH, BTC, and Hyperledger blockchains.

Oh ok thanks. Makes sense. How does a node lose its LINK if it were to provide fake data though? Who decides this?

>I’m the only one actually talking about the token and it’s use cases
No you're not, see

No he isn't and anything he says should be disregarded because he is incapable of basic math.

300*1 Billion is 300 Billion not 3 Trillion.

>tfw a fudder has 3x more LINK than you

His point is still semi-valid. If link reaches 207 it will be worth as much as every coin combined is currently.

My bad but still, that's too much don't you think

300 is delusional yes. 50 is more reasonable as a best case scenario

Assuming ever token is in circulation sure. But ETH currently has a market cap higher than all of crypto had last year. The market cap of crypto as a whole grows with time. By the time every token is on circulation it will be 2023.

A large chunk of that is for nodes; and once they start being distributed to nodes, that would imply the network is gaining mainstream usage.

Those additional tokens being released will be a drop in the water compared to the price pump Link will experience in case of mainstream usage.

For example; XRP is currently at 10 billion market cap, even though the token isn't needed at all for any of Ripple's functionalities, and it's basically a testnet currency.

If Link gains mainstream traction, a 10 billion market cap would be very reasonable to say the least; so even with all 1 billion tokens in circulation, that's $10 per Link.

Someone posted a meme related to the game theoretical implications of Swift using Link as a proxy to counter Ripple. Now that I think of it, I can totally picture this transpiring. And as I do, I can imagine Link exploding in value.

I'd say you negate around 30% fo that, given that the ones given to the industries are going to be to verify the industries legitmacy/ verification. Account for a 10% loss of those tokens (300 mill for industry) due to mistakes, so a 3% increase into the total circualting supply. Ball figure it at 700 million supply.

Not a fudder wtf I'm just another investor telling you guys something you don't want to believe that the token we hold could literally be useless.

The whole reason I hold LINK is cause I'm so sold on Chainlink and have so much faith in Sergey, I'm really hoping for staking rewards or other incentives to hold the token or I really can't see it ever being worth much more than a dollar.

Th

Do you know how many programmers swift and a myriad of other companies would need to employ to write custom API connectors for each and every smart contract that their customers might wish to create? ChainLink brings to the table an entire network of oracles for anything they might need already up and running? Are they going to buy tokens or hire tons of people they have to pay and supply benefits to?

They don't need to buy the tokens to use it though the entire ecosystem can work without the token ever being used and say they did use it there is already 33% of the total supply sitting in reserves for them as per the whitepaper

So did clear things up?

SWIFT handles $1.25 quadrillion in transactions per year

“It’s in Blockfolio it must be legit”, fuck people are dumb; you realise if LINK was a POS coin and nothing else it wouldn’t be worth fuck all. Sell your 1,800 Link and put a deposit on a double wide trailer Ricky, this is too much for you, at least “Get learnt” about investing first

first 50 (You)s get 1000 link each

>the entire ecosystem can work without the token
Absolutely not.
That's like saying there would be just as many bitcoin nodes as today if bitcoin were worth $0.

You're crossing into braindead fud at this point.

>Not a fudder wtf I'm just another investor telling you guys something you don't want to believe that the token we hold could literally be useless.
so you're saying Sergey is a scam artist

and all that will flow through Link
Holy
$500/Link

>They don't need to buy the tokens

The LINK token is literally the fucking payment system of the network...holy fucking shit dude.

This. Nobody will want to make a node if there is no payout given. LINK is required to hold the network running

also no mention of link or smart contract

I'm actually quite confused why your portfolio is so heavy on LINK then. I mean my portfolio has a larger BTC value but i only have 50k to 60k LINK and it seems Im more optimistic on LINK's future value. Why do you have 180k LINK when you believe that the tokens are useless? I dont get it.

If a company decides to use only their own nodes , it kind of defeats the point of a centralized oracle doesn't it?

(You)re probably lying but still

0xdc382eD8D2e5521F8AA13138814703A86e351a68

No its the same point fucking everyone else is saying. You might aswell of just linked a sibos slide with SWIFT and a chainlink logo next to it cause what you said was literally the text version of that.

I have no doubt swift will eventually use link they have been involved for ages in the development and there seems to be a close connection between sergey and them.

But like I said 33% of the ENTIRE chainlink supply is already reserved for future node operators which could pretty much just say will be used to build swifts decentralized oracle network because we already know that's what it will be used for.