I want to get my lil bro Veeky Forums...

I want to get my lil bro Veeky Forums, but I don't want him to go to the gym because he's only an adolescent and I'm worried it might stunt his growth and he's already pretty short so it wouldn't be much help. So I'll get him to start training muay thai or boxing. But what about his diet? Should I even bother, seeing as he's still very much a kid?

Lifting weights doesn't stunt growth

lifting weights doesn't stun growth
make sure he eats well and sleeps adequately
if he's less than 16 just get him to do some sports instead, I guess, cus too young to get gains

Are you already leading by example?

Get him into a grappling art instead. You don't really want him getting his brain cells punched out this early. I assume he still needs those. Try wrestling or BJJ. If you have a wrestling team at school, then try that.

How old is he? If he's under 15 bodyweight, plyometrics and sports are the way to go but if he's a bit older he can handle some weights. As long as he's not getting fat he should eat as much as he can.

I try my best.

>make sure he eats well and sleeps adequately

What should he avoid and what should he eat? Or is there no difference?

I got my little bro one of those bodyweight training programs. There aren't any Muay Thai or boxing gyms around here (only kids karate), but if there were I'd definitely get him enrolled in one.

How's that going for him?

A friendly reminder Hector was the good guy.

Leave children alone paedo

I agree, I just really like the Achilles gifs.

>But what about his diet? Should I even bother, seeing as he's still very much a kid?

I used to work with this tiny little asian who was maybe 5'6. His wife was even shorter. One day I drive him home from work because he wasn't feeling well. He told me to stick around for dinner and to meet his family.

His sons come home and they were 6'1 and 5'11.
>"Holy shit, your boys are huge! Are you sure they're yours?"
>"Aw yes, muh boys, my big big boys! We come to american from communist shithole nort korea! I love america!"
>he points at the flag hanging up on the wall next to a picture of Bush (president at the time)
>"we live in new york, my wife she tell me she pregnant! I say! we move to midwest! Tallest of all america!"
>his kids laugh, his wife shakes her head
>"And I tell her, dis is america! We eat steak, potatoes and corn! She says no. I say America is best country and I want BIG BOYS! so yes!"
>"Now dat boys are gone and moved out she happy, gets to cook korean food again.... it's ok... I still prefer meatloaf."

Training for a martial art might fuck his growth even more. It's the hits and injuries that do that.
If you want to see him grow big and strong, get him into a water sports. Water polo is god-tier, but all kinds of swimming work well enough. If there's no pool available, the essential thing is to train his work capacity. So, cardio, hiit, conditioning drills, all that fun shit.
Then, as soon as puberty hits, it's the weightroom.

So just eat a lot?

He goes every year with his parents on a vacation, it's always at some beach and so he usually swims a ton.

He's 14 btw. He's around 160cm at the moment. Dad is shorter now as he's aged, but he used to be at around 180 which is pretty average

Protein.

What would be the perfect weight for him?

>so he usually swims a ton.
While on vacation. For the biggest part of the year he's a landlubber.

He's 14 and growing, you should ask a doctor about his weight and height growth, if you really want to.

Asked for his height, the doctor showed us a chart, on which she put his height as higher than it is. The clever little fucker saw it and told her. Either way, looks like he's going to be slightly below average. He's still not very satisfied with that, seeing as his peers are taller than he is.

>
lifting weights doesnt stunt growth it can just compress the spine if u do heavy squats but no kid is gonna be able to squat heavy anyway so its completely fine. ur spine decompresses when you sleep anyway

Stretching

my impression was from the iliad that they were both crooked, just as anyone in that time period.

>i'm worried that lifting might take its toll on my brother's development
>so i'm going to take him to get repeatedly punched in the face instead

The club I go to is pretty small, there's no one his age there so he can't spar anyways.

>Good guys
>Anyone but based Diomedes and Odysseus

But who got a tendon named after himself? Not Hector
>inb4 his weak spot