Is it possible to train legs for strength and explosiveness without resulting in tree trunks?

Is it possible to train legs for strength and explosiveness without resulting in tree trunks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dt6PWuvlNhM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>le big quads arent aesthetic meme
nobody's saying become a trex, big quads look aesthetic if your upperbody is proportionately big

pic related has treetrunk legs and he looks aesthetic as fuck as agreed uppon by a lot of people

How can pain crawl around if it isn't awake? Rollins BTFO

youtube.com/watch?v=dt6PWuvlNhM

I get that. I'm on SS and my legs are developing to a point my upper body isn't proportionate with them. I want to know how I can spend time developing my upper body without neglecting my legs in order to get a proportionate physique for the time being. Then I want to get big quads that can suit my upper body

the issue with SS is that it has a low amount of upperbody volume, just add a couple of assistance exercises

dont go overboard tho thats a rookie mistake, add 2 per session and do something different everytime to balance it out. Something like 4x10 pump stuff

Thanks, I'm going to start doing this. Would I overtrain by doing another compound lift as one of my 2 extra accessory lifts? I was thinking of adding incline bp on some days

obligatory

Increase your upper body volume.
Drop ss and do greyskull lp, it's an improved version of ss, so you can continue with your linear gains.

nah wouldnt happen just keep in mind that it should be light and you should be going for pump sets with 1min rest or so. The point is hypertrophy so dont think you need to go heavy on these, thats a rookie mistake also. You already went heavy on your main compounds so thats enough

also keep the exercises in balance dont just do chest stuff. Easy way is to add a push and a pull. Switch up the exercises everytime. Oh you did incline bench and some rows last time? do some dumbell shoulder presses and facepulls this time, just an example

Just do low reps and tut. Limit leg training to
A
Front Squat 3*3
Deadlift 3*3
SLDL 2*8

B
Pause front Squat 3*3
Emom DL 10-20*1

Do each once a week, can be on its own or as part of a different workout

After you exhaust linear progress with 3s in the fs and DL (might take a few months) switch to 2s then 1s and repeat. You can also cycle between 3/2/1 each workout, or do 1 set of each ramping up

Are you training for a weight class op, or is it just so you stay in proportion?

I'll look into it. Thanks
Your advice has been a great help.
Thanks, I really appreciate it!
I'm going to start training for pure strength using your routine once I exhaust 3x5 gains. Thank you for sharing it with me user

Very welcome dude, I'm expecting a high quality progress thread in the spring. As a last addition, remember to do your mobility work to get ready for front squats, looking at the ankles, hips, t spine and wrists.

If you don't know where to go for this stuff, look up Kelly starett, and max shank (not as well known, but his mobility stuff is top notch)

I'm just doing it for myself. I love the feeling and all of the benefits that fitness has given me. I'm significantly lacking in terms of strength, so I decided to do SS in order to start handling heavier weights, though I'm finding my legs are growing and progressing far more than my upper body is. It feels pretty disproportionate, like I could fall over in a sense

For sure. I've been keeping track of my lifts and have taken pictures of where I'm at right now, so it'll be ready to go by then. For now, I'll look into the mobility stuff you recommended and add it to my routine.

Fair enough, that's a great reason, the legs will make very rapid progress at first, although that will slow down once you exhaust LP. You need to find what drives growth in the upper body for you, once you become intermediate, be it, heavy weights, high reps, high frequency, chasing the pump, high volume or any combination of the above

it depends, if you are a skelly that is never going to happen.

Will do man. Pic related of natty arnold is what I see as being the most aesthetic physique. I'm not after the idea of chasing it right now though, since I know I'll get the most out of just letting my body do what it wants to a strength routine. After I start to handle real weights, I want to move onto higher volume and experimenting to find what causes my muscles to hypertrophy the most, like you suggested.

I did bulgarian method up to a 355 squat and my legs are still small enough to fit in regular jeans.

Is that seriously Arnold? I don't think I've ever seen a young Arnie that small.

Yeah, it's when he dropped the roids in between when he retired and did conan.
There are also pics where he's fat

So that's why Arnold started hanging out with his love child.
He looks exactly like him. Even has the same overall build.