Bret says your hip thrust max should be heavier than your deadlift

I cant honestly see how someone could hip thrust more than they could squat or deadlift but thats what Bret says and hes apparently the sage when it comes to glute training. So do you think hes crazy or that maybe hes right about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I3olHZTOfP8
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7NiX692EBc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lately i get the feeling like hip thrust is the new meme to replace the deadlift meme

I reckon he's right. Hip thrusts get strong FAST. Faster than deadlifts, in my experience. My DL is still a bit higher but my hip thrusts got to 2pl8 really fkn quick, so if that growth sustains it would make sense.

I think it works best as a hypertrophy exercise but yes you'll likely find you can 1rm it heavier than diddly.

is that his grindr pic?

i did a 1pl8 glute bridge and it hurt that crease that you hold the bar in. are you just supposed to bridge through the pain or what

Pussypad it

Move it a little higher

I like the lift but the set up kinda sucks

i saw jeff from athlean x doing 1pl8 like it was nothing so i was like, i can prob do that shit. then i did it and it's like 48 hours later and that crease still hurts

I use my sack as a pad so it doesn't hurt my pelvis

>uses nut sack as padding..
uhhhhhhh what the fuk

I do them with a camber bar so this might not help you but I use a squat pad and another flat pad under it. The camber helps fit all that shit in and still have room to get under the bar. If you have a dedicated hip thruster you could just use bands instead of a barbell like in this video youtube.com/watch?v=I3olHZTOfP8
I've not actually tried this so no clue if it works well but bands would work well theoretically for this move.

>I cant honestly see how someone could hip thrust more than they could squat or deadlift

But that's me.

Guys what is average hip size for men?
Mine is 35" at 6'5"

I can thrust 160kg but I DL 150kg and squat 120kg

you lie down on the floor and put 160kg on your crotch area and bridge it into the air with just your glute contraction? wtf

what if im too fat to fit under the bar to do it

>Sage when it comes to glute training
>Doesn't post a picture of his ass

No homo

youtube.com/watch?v=Q7NiX692EBc

he's supposed to be the glute god and his glutes look like shit. lol

When you say sack, you mean you've got like a sack of pillows rolled up, right?

you setup in a rack from spotter arms

>hip thrust in the squat rack
yes

is this achievable natty?

Hip thrusted 120kg for reps the first time I tried, deadlift is around 140kg. It was much easier than a 120kg deadlift would be, very low stress.
Just from the floor though, I imagine a full glute bridge from a bench is harder.

I did hip thrusts like 5 times in my whole life and last time I went up to 5pl8s for 5 reps and that's definitely more than my squat and more than I can deadlift for reps. They're extremely easy.

spend all that time lifting to look like this fag from jackass