Why are there so many fat people in the military and why are they allowed to stay in it?

Why are there so many fat people in the military and why are they allowed to stay in it?

not fat just bulkan

bigger targets attract enemy fire, they're used as decoys

Are fat people allowed in infantry roles?
Seems like it doesnt matter for most jobs.

Semper Fudge

1. Medical purposes means the military is required to treat and possibly rehabilitate the person
2. Bad leadership
3. Frequent unhealthy fasting to make standard.

It is a wonder, but not really when you figure that most military people despite having dining facilities tailored for nutritional value, a color code system for what to eat all the time and rarely would rather eat pizza nightly.

It's called depression, ya'll.

Maybe they don't have enough guys around to send /fit-only people?

Back in my days in the army, we would often cheat on measurements for shot put and long jump so that everyone passed the physical tests, for example (couldn't cheat on the climbing wall tho)

>what is logistics

Right. I have yet to see a dfac with any of that to be true. Deep fried breaded white fish : green. Oven baked chicken breasts : red. Now I'm kinda disappointed I didn't save the yikyak about a lemon meringue pie slice that was labeled to have 42g of protein

>implying the galley color code system is useful
Spot on about the depression, though.

how do they pass the training?

That dude is... Don't even know how porkibs mc chunk fuck is even in a deployment zone. He had to have gotten that fat WHILE deployed, cause he for dam sure didn't get sent that big. Unless he's a genius and needed for his classified expertise

never seen a fast fatty? these tubby little fuckers can hustle

I heard that Trump accidentally ordered 2500 XXL uniforms from Asos and now they are getting people who will wear them

its not just about running
these fatties wouldnt pass the training in the british military. there are no fat cunts in any of the forces

Pass the physicals, gain some rank, and you can get away with it.
Worst thing they'll do is give you non-combat roles.

My cousin is a Marine. He got injured during deployment. The injury took him off his feet for a couple months. During that couple of months, still eating at the levels he's used to, he got fat

There ya go

The fitness standards are super low I have a friend going into basic that has been training to be able to do a mile.5 in fifteen minutes

I'm in horrible shape and on average can do a 5k in 26 something

Short answer, they don't.

Long answer, it's a government job, and like any government job, firing someone is an astoundingly lengthy ordeal.

>5 mile in 15 minutes
>5 miles
>15 minutes
Don't forget that he can also bench 1200lbsx9999

Endurance > strength in the military. Being too jacked is a liability in the field and in combat.

>a mile.5 = 5 miles

To think i thought about joining the military just to get fit

the format you're looking for is 1.5

Hey, just becuase you can't run 3 minute miles, don't mean you gotta hate. Hes going Navy Airborne Range Special Ops Seals EOD fo sho

>british military. there are no fat cunts in any of the forces

You all are in such great shape? Huh, wow, must be nice to be so buff and strong, big guy.

yeah thats why all the spec ops and navy seals guys are ski... oh wait.

thats just the marine corps IFC, thats the bare minimum for entering bootcamp to make sure youre not going to fall over and die when youre there

You're right they aren't skinny.
But they aren't fat fucks who only have big legs going for them or aesthetics fags.

In the US military, we have the Inactive Ready Reserve (IRR).
Once your active duty or reserve contract expires, you are still on the IRR until 8 years from when you initially enlisted.
These guys got fat once they got out, shit hit the fan and they were called back in to service, regardless of physical shape, and are waiting to be kicked out.

They're also roided the fuck out, and they don't do endurance missions like an Infantryman on the line would.
He's a fatass. I'm an Infantryman, and I would not trust my life to this fat fuck.

> Implying that stupid fucking DFAC color code system isn't retarded
> Implying I'd rather go to the shitty DFAC and eat baby portions than cook for myself

Air Force basic?
That's fucking why, they don't do shit unless they're SOF

because the american military is made to compensate a missing social state. if u are dumb and high test welcome to the military. i mean the special forces are top tier but the regular military just gives people jobs who would else rob a bank.

You know how I know you've never been in any type of military or worked in any civil capacity?

>triggert the US infanterist.
go on tell me about when chad puked all over his bed last night. lmfao lets shot some camels okay?

Infantry tax payer parasite detected

Well don't join any branch besides the US Marines with the intention of being forced into fitness. I'm in the Leafistan air force and 90% of my burnt calories are from my own initiative.

t. DQ'd at MEPS

That's odd, I was in the Army, served in the infantry, and I can almost guarantee I am more successful both in my career and financially than you are. Don't make generalizations.

>tfw I got rejected from marines because of tattoos but this shit is allowed
seriously fuck this country

Because the government wants them to die just like we want them to die. Fatties can't run and are easy targets.

Ironically, in the chair force, ive seen more people get kicked out for failing pt test, mainly the run (1.5 miles

Semper Fat

That's a good way to get broke, not fit.
You can't go from sedentary life and expect to seamlessly transfer to marine life. Your bones will fracture for the first time in your life and you either recycle as many times as it takes to forge you some bones capable of hard work, or you break in spirit with your brittle body and give up.

Do yourself a favor, get to the point of acceptance standards, then keep pushing at your pace past the point it hurts and stopping before you break, get a few more months of conditioning before you join an environment that simply don't give a fuck.

Marines hide their unfit. They get shamed into their own little corner until they're finally gotten rid of.

That's not a marine you ass fuck

This, people who talk about how the military is for people with no other options obviously have never even tried joining. You can get DQ'd for the stupidest shit ever.

Well there your problem. He's in the army, and you tried to join the marines.

Yeah... What the others said. They aren't going to take an already unstable person and introduce the beginning stages of conditioning that enable someone to kill their fellow man.

Watching pudgins get stuck crawling around the guts of a plain sounds mildly entertaining.

Don't do endurance missions? Right. You believe what you want.

Because the US army will a) take almost literally anyone and b) spends more time bombing people from far away than doing physically demanding combat.

I knew a fat married couple who were in the British army and navy respectively.

Granted they had been in it for like 20 years so they probably weren't fat when they joined.

This guy got out and was stop lossed back in. Poor bastard.

>81st BCT
>National Guard
there you go.

I'm assuming he didn't start out as fat at first

Lmao who cares

It's more
and much less
The US military has decades of regulations built to protect service members who for whatever reason cannot maintain the physical standard. It's the same reason a lot of cops get fat. When you're young, healthy, and straight out of boot it's easy to maintain that for a few years or even the first half of your 20, but all it takes is a rough deployment or one misstep at PT to land you with a profile that will snowball you into a fatty.

I can only speak for the Army specifically when I say this, but they're not going to discharge a >SSG or >CPT just because he has a permanent no PT profile and get massive because of it. That's (generally) too much experience to let go.

TL;DR not everything about the military is pushups and situps

he fucking said 0.5 miles u fucking coon cunt

>ssg
Ain't that the truth. Just an e-4, did nothing wrong, medical decided to cover up and said the x rays / scan came back negative for an injury to my shoulder. That cover up blossomed into a sudden disablement of that shoulder a few months later. Sat on maximum hydrocodone dose for two weeks waiting surgery. Got worst physical therapy government contracts could buy, year later they're kicking me out over it.

>BMI as obese
american education again showing how stupid they are. Arnie would be obese according to BMI chart

BMI is legit for natties.
You can be somewhat overweight and fit, but not obese.

I don't give a semper fuck

> it's incredibly hard to fire someone in the military just for fitness, if fitness is your main requirement (front line) you get smashed so much that you can't really get fat. If you are fat and fail a fitness test then they need to get you in shape first, if you are in shape and you can't pass you must be injured in some way... Then you need to go through medical boards to see if it's impossible for you to recover, that process is like 6-12 months if there is no scrap of improvement, if there is the process stops.

>Food options in British Army for scoff are atrocious, ever since they went private for food, it's been about making the profit for those companies, they literally don't give a fuck about what's being cooked. Also, fried food every day all day.

>Dodging PT couldn't be easier, people aren't stupid, whose going to question you if you said your Sgt Maj had dicked for duty.

>Bullying (or character building) is down and out, no smashing someone for being a fat lazy cunt anymore, they have feelings these days.

>Med centres pop out chits for dodging Phys like it's candy.

>The military is desperate, no one wants to have some sand nigger giggling behind a rock when youve stood on an IED and turned into pink dust. They need people, recruitment is down, a fat lazy prick is better than no one in his place.

>Op massive... "I'm bulking mate"

As well as obese fucks women and trannies are also allowed to serve so naturally the standards have lowered over time.

Eh. Depends on constitution, if you're big and not ripped you can skirt obese, overweight while fit is rather easy to get. Powerful legs and core carry a lot of weight.

Because at some point these hogs were let in. They were either a normal side or the military needed a huge influx of cannon fodder. When they balloon up after some time of training and pay it is a huge loss on investment to throw them out immediately instead of try to rehabilitate them.