If not what do you need to work on ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EwL449AMHMo
youtu.be/j3CL5F83lqk
youtu.be/M2pD95yANIk
youtube.com/watch?v=6G59zsjM2UI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

JBP does not belong on the sixth page.
I'm trying to work on becoming more articulate. I am a slight autist so speaking is difficult to me. I might come up with three sentences to answer a question and use a mix of the two accidentally. Furthermore I now make to do lists to ensure I am the most productive I can be. I spend more time with my parents now, and I try to tell the truth (but not everything that is true).

Right now i am reading through an analysis of "court of the crimson king", its kinda /sorted/ related in a way. Considering making a russian translation for my fellow gopniks. Also, might start to work on compiling an analysis of Leviathan by Zvyagintsev, again, related to shit that JBP talks about. I really want to get an opportunity to sit down and talk with the guy, but i dont think it is gonna come soon.

youtu.be/EwL449AMHMo

youtu.be/j3CL5F83lqk

youtu.be/M2pD95yANIk

I'm somewhat sorted. Not enough to hold down a job though
>Tfw very open
>Tfw not orderly enough to concentrate on small details at detail oriented job (engineering)
I fucking love engineering with a passion m8s

Jordan could Bench 225 @ 170lbs

not bad. He's pretty spooky now though

Are you a real engineer?
Are you getting fired/laid off?

I'm not sorted overall.

>tfw stalling on lifts

>tfw no gf

>tfw failing in classes

>tfw no plan after college

Jordan Peterson benched 225, mirin

Getting tired of this Kermit voiced fucker.
I do not doubt he is an excellent professor but he has created this false sense of intelligence since he got in the spotlight with the pronouns bullshit.
"Sort yourself out" is what 99% of people retain from him as a meme. If the simple idea of fixing your shit to progress in life is novel then common sense is dead.
To be clear I don't hate the guy, I hate what the internet has made of him.

Currently studying to get into med school. I'm the best at my class at the moment, lifting 2 times a week because studying now. I need to get social gains and a gf

semi-sorted checking in

>lifts progressing nicely
>body steadily improving
>qt3.14 attained and wholesome
>writing, reading, studying, painting plenty and with good results
>life generally orderly and managed, no vast excesses or deficiencies

but

cannot for the life of me overcome occasional minor frustrations and bumps; they plague me for hours/days which seems to suggest something underlying is less than ideal

the guy is a fucking shill

I am a machinist, or apprentice, I was fired on Tuesday because I crashed machines multiple times. They weren't that bad, too like 30 minutes, but I absolutely understand it costs money, someone else has to be unproductive to fix my machine while I'm also unproductive, broken tools cost money, so do the broken fixtures. I just feel all around bad because by the time they fired me I was starting to get the hang of things, I haven't done machining since high school (2013, went to a vocational high school)

I completely understand why they fired me, honestly id probably do the same in their position, if it were up to the manager he probably would have given me one last chance or something because I have a good work ethic, I don't like to sit around and do nothing, I like to keep busy all the time.

I'm hopefully going to uni next year for mechanical engineering.

I really do love machining, there is some sort of aesthetic appeal to me that you can take a cube of metal and sculpt it into whatever the imagination is capable of comprehending. If I had the money id buy a HAAS and just machine shit out of my house... If I had a house.

Clean your room user

I hate what your mum has made of my dick. Fucking Syphilis infested bitch

Firing a apprentice for crashing machines... LOL thats what apprentices are for m8.

If you kept crashing the machines then expectations where wrong. On both sides perhaps. Machining isn't learned in a year. It takes serious time.

So whatever man don't give up of you truely love doing it! Find an employer with the patience and love for the craft that will radiate to you my man.

Don't give up.

He's on Joe Rogan podcast RIGHT NOW.

>Live with parents.
>If I left they'd be in a poor position.
>If I stay I'll be in a poor position even though they want me to go to college.
>Don't want to go because I'm broke AF all the time partying and making sure to get my diet down.
>Hear everyone say I should only be spending $50.00 a month on food.
>Somehow manage to empty my account every damn time.

I need to learn how to use money correctly, that's all pretty much, I've convinced myself that College also does some brainwashing because of the people I've spoken with, and the internet is an endless supply of learning.

i need to clean my room

>be socially retarded
>don't know how to speak for myself and make my case for things in relationships etc.
>constantly feel railroaded into doing stupid shit by other people
>let the other person do whatever until i get resentful enough to become extremely abrasive or cut contact with them forever
>lost lots of friends, in contact with none of my exes because i always resent them for abandoning me, act like an asshole until they never want to see me again
>lonely and sad

Oh, I haven't given up. That's why I said I'm somewhat sorted. Socially and mental health wise I'm doing much better but this shit crashed me. I really liked that job, the atmosphere was totally bro tier, no asshole supervisors or corporate fags pushing you to make more parts than humanly possible. The manager even said that not even he with 25 years of experience can hit the demands the office sends down (office wants 30parts/hr, can only manage 24/hr while rushing the fuck out of setting up the fixtures and opening the door before the machine is finished working)

Anyways, thanks m8. One day I hope to open my own little machine shop. I'll probably retire into my garage just to machine random crap like toy steam engines when I'm 65. Good luck on your sorting.

>WHY HITLER WAS WORSE THAN YOU THOUGHT HE WAS
the day i become sorted is the day that the international jews will bend me over and chop my head off.

youtube.com/watch?v=6G59zsjM2UI

Prepare to get your shit together

>going back to school after leaving because of depression
>going back to the gym after leaving for a year
>reading everything JP mentions and more
>better sleep after waking up and sleeping extremely late
>eating properly and staying away from sugar
>getting a job
doing well

t. miserable faggot

never gonna make it.

>using your rage to lift is bad
what do you use?

>false sense of intelligence
>excellent professor
dumb people can't even be mediocre professors. he's very intelligent, but probably not revolutionary. he appeals to young men who otherwise want to check out of society because his methods and attitudes are compatible. he is the anti-/r9k/ machine.

"sorting yourself out" isn't as simple as it sounds for everyone. a lot of people suffer from mental illness, depression, and being poorly socialized. plenty of people can't just spontaneously will themselves to do better in life, and if anything I wish there were other positive role models besides Peterson. he's such a meme because nobody else is really doing what he does.
you don't need a gf. a girl needs you as their bf.

I need a job I actually like. I've gone through two this year. I wasn't fired, I was told I was a great employee (even do freelance work with one of my old bosses) but I can't help but resign when I hit around six months. I went from being a data analyst, to an assistant director but couldn't stand the business (higher ed). Now I'm working as a greenskeeper, sunburnt as shit and tired from waking up at 5:30 in the morning. I got so little sleep I'm not even going to bother hitting the gym today.

I must climb out of this hole Veeky Forums, the dread is real.

Trying to not dwell on my failures and not caring what other's think about me.

His overly flamboyant homosexuality

>If the simple idea of fixing your shit to progress in life is novel then common sense is dead.
well, your words.

Yeah I have done major sorting the last year, finished up two courses I goofed up in High school last year, and am now going to Uni in the spring as well as making decent gains. Life has made a 180 for me honestly.
I realized what I wanted and studying was a breeze once I did.

>progressing on all lifts
>have one LvL 5 gymnastics move and on the cusp of second
>wife takes care of everything at home
>made $9,000 this month in one of the poorest/lowest cost-of-living states
>savings portfolios are growing
>have plenty of good books on my reading list
>house is perfect
>fall season is here

Life is great

He didn't object to what Hitler did per se. He described Hitler as being just inherently destructive, not even evil. Accelerating the holocaust when the logical option would be to enslave them and use them for the war effort, killing them after, shows the Hitler only really cared about destruction.
>The title of the video is the opinion of JBP himself

and what did you want

> athletic / ottermode body
> been making stable income as web dev for 3 years
> in stable relationship with amazing gf for almost 2 years
> uni almost finished, just have to finish my thesis
> about to get a promotion in a few months that will almost double my income
> about to move out of my parent's apartment next month to live with gf in a bigger city

Also been reading a lot and have doing a lot of cardio for the last few months. Since workload has been really low in current project, can easily manage a 10km run in the afternoon and workout at the gym later in the evening in most days

how do I get my dad /sorted/?

>he's 49
>overweight
>eats and drinks junk all the time (virtue signals about never smoking/drinking alcohol as he chugs down a 50g+ sugar drink)
>claims to have "no time for fitness"

I want him to see my grandkids someday, but I doubt he'll make it to 60 at this rate.

>I want him to see my grandkids someday, but i doubt he'll make it to 60
tell him precisely that

Really doubt you will change much in him at 49. Better luck in him seeing the grandkids would be if you were rushing to make a kid instead of trying to turn his life around

But then again, that's just my opinion. Don't know him or what he's like, so might be totally wrong

Decently together, but could be better.

>Just had my last day of work for summer job
>Starting 4th year of business school, good class schedule
>Spending my long weekend volunteering
>Finances are good, solid $18,000 in the bank currently, zero debt
>Have side chick who wants my D 24/7
>Been on a couple dates with a cute, smart, tall blonde girl (only issue is she's lefty as fuck), hanging out this weekend at some point, hoping to smash
>Have a solid group of male friends (the fuckin' boys)

>But haven't lifted in 2 months, been too lazy with work and other shit, trying to find the motivation to get my lazy ass back in the gym

However, despite how decent my life is going, my hairline is receding bad and I'm not even 22 yet so it's all moot anyway.

im at the point where there is no point to even try fixing my shit. anything i could possibly gain from doing so i have no use for, and what i actually want in life i can never get no matter how much i fix myself.

the only thing left for me is deciding how to die and who to take with me.

background is literally my favorite place. one of the comfiest places on campus.

t. ex jordan peterson student, ex uoft student

i've seen him at the gym but no idea he lifted this much.

i always see him go heavy on cable stuff that older guys usually like to do.

Working on quitting drinking. I got it down to just Friday nights but even that is way too much, since I lose all of Saturday to a hangover.

I have smoking down to just Fridays so hopefully I can erase that too.

Then, I'll tackle my crippling fear of intimacy, or work out what exactly makes me reel with disgust at the thought of having another girlfriend (and no, it's not homosexuality).

I also need to learn how to swim.

>t. ex jordan peterson student
I'm jelly

> and who to take with me
Seeing how you ended that sentence, you probably deserve that shitty life of yours

That happens with any fandom. Large fan groups are all stupid. Like christianity, and judaism, islam, etc.

Which gym? Where?

I live in the GTA so Im curious

>there is literally nothing I can do to sort myself out anymore
>still alone
>still miserable

I need to learn how to better organize and study specific information but I have the executive function capabilities of someone with mental retardation.
I'm just going to go to the gym and do random shit. Can't organize a lifting or eating schedule to save my life. If I get injured, I get injured. But fuck being a shut in.

campus gym called hart house when i went there.

you can get a gym pass at uoft, literally the greatest fucking gym i've ever been to (Athletic Center).

4 oly platforms, atleast 18 squat racks, two seperate areas, oly plates, dozens of benches, they have it all.

indoor track and upstairs running track and oly people and sauna too. i fucking miss it.

>Need a way to make money while in school
>Need a car
>Need a place to live on my own

With those three, my life is set.

So what's the deal with this guy?
From what i'm hear he's just promoting basic self discipline and improvement ideas

Veeky Forums have any of you self taught yourselves anything complicated or difficult?

I've got a sob story that doesn't matter but the end result is I never made it to college. Now I work shitty part time jobs for bitch wages, spend all my money on rent and bare necessities (gym sub included here) and I want to get out.

Is it reasonable to teach yourself programming if you're in your late 20s and trying to make career gains? I've broached the subject a little ways by now, I know the basics of syntax and enough Python to do some cool stuff with scripts and bots and open web APIs, but that's not nearly enough to sell myself as a programmer. I've been thinking about dedicating 1+ hour everyday to studying programming, but it's a hard sell on top of everything else (work, errands, gym, life shit.)

Didn't men in the past just spend all their free time learning and working? They found purpose and joy in those things, right? I guess we're just soft, or I'm just soft. It's hard to face this and reason through it. Give me some advice, brehs.

Then what?
I'm half way through an engineering degree and I have a car, my own apartment, and I make about 50k passive income a year. It hasn't made me feel any better.

I think he's good at articulating things young dudes struggle with but couldn't put into concrete terms

"Sort yourself out" is not spouted as some reinforcement of common wisdom. What he's telling people is to right yourself before you feel like you have what it takes to right the world. Become the person you want to be, and chances are when you've done that you probably don't even care about changing the world anymore, and if you do, you may now actually be capable of taking action to that effect.

This. The reason people like JP get popular is because they give hope to young guys struggling with things that they've not yet defined. Not to get all armchair analytical about this but I think there's a crisis of masculinity in our country and young people (especially boys) have no idea what to think or become. So when you have a guy like this who shows up and tells you to sort your shit out, to rely on your own willpower to shine a light into your life, who gives you a goal and a purpose, it hits you pretty hard in a way you didn't realize you were missing.

Tbh it's the same reason Zyzz was popular.

Learn how to balance a checkbook, and pre plan what you are going to spend so it never ends up as a suprise. Money is not magic, just run your numbers before hand and then spend it once you get a plan.

This He also attacks post-modernism for being the thinly veiled nihilism that it is. This has made him popular with the /pol/ crowd.
He's a fantastic way to troll Veeky Forums.

>grandkids
>posts on Veeky Forums

lel

Oh and as an afterthought: college should be viewed as nothing more than a means to getting a degree. Get your bachelor's as cheap as possible as quickly as possible and you will do fine (so long as you pick a field of study with a good outlook).

>I'm half way through an engineering degree and I have a car, my own apartment, and I make about 50k passive income a year. I

Pretty par for the course on fit, except most people on fit are making at least 100k while still students in engineering with 4.0 GPAs

Is it blatantly obvious to anyone else here that jordan peterson spends a lot of his patreon money on hiring shills and forcing himself as a meme?

>JP is paying people to shill for him
>tfw I've been doing it for free this whole time

cut to abs
acquire stable source of income
move out
no gf, that's bonus round at this point

good luck everyone

>Who /sorted/ here ?
Not me

>If not what do you need to work on ?
Everything, I've been making my bed every morning for like 3 months now but I'm still not an uberman.

Why? He's marketing himself as a guru and a self-help dude, but under the guise of "academia", "psychology" and being against the buzzword terms /pol/ legitimately hates. Think a megachurch televangelist or a spiritual leader type using the alt-* crowd's terminology.

If you want to self-improve, check out Veeky Forums's recommended reading, esp. the aphoristic literature part.

He's not even packaging old wisdom in a particularly clever way. His Maps and Meaning is full of holes and glosses over lots of logical problems.

As Wittgenstein would say "go the bloody hard way".

>He's marketing himself as a guru and a self-help dude,
>using the alt-* crowd's terminology.

lmao what

What's the harm is following an easy path if it leads you in the right direction? Just because he's not the most hardass philosophical redpill doesn't mean what he teaches is without meaning. If it exposes someone to introspection and gives them a sense of purpose then I can't see how it's negative.

Same here bro, any idea where we can sign up?

I'm le simple man, I see le jp video I le click

I understand what you mean completely.

Same place you sign up to be a paid protestor or Veeky Forums native marketer, there must be a job board for this shit somewhere...

"How to overcome cultural marxism"

"Postmodernism is the cause of all of your problems"

"Brush your teeth"

He's a watered down version of many of the truly wise men that have stood before him. Peterson is more of a charlatan and his motive is obvious in his actions: get on as many alt-crowd type podcasts (joe rogen, dave rubin, etc.) as he can, ensure shills post him on youtube and the chans a lot, and redirect links to his patreon or his "self-authoring"/data gathering suite.

Plug Marketing is the first breadcrumb on this trail...

Self authoring would be a pretty trash data gathering tool, you don't even enter your name in it.

Damn sounds like me

You the type of guy who hasn't integrated his shadow
You are too

>If the simple idea of fixing your shit to progress in life is novel then common sense is dead.
There is always (ans there will always be) new young people who have never heard this. It is important someone tells them in a way that speak to them. It might look like a worn idea but it seemed very new to you and me a few years ago oldfriend.

>Working on quitting drinking.
>I have smoking down to just Fridays so hopefully I can erase that too.
Good luck, this is hard but soo rewarding.
>there is literally nothing I can do to sort myself out anymore
You're probably wrong there, this is never over. Find something new to do/learn each week, that might open new avenues.

>Veeky Forums
>the most numale board on the planet

no thanks

I'm pretty sure you and everyone else. I included.

I'm sick of being pigeonholed into night jobs. I tried applying to several entry level programming jobs since I graduated college and not a single callback. Not even from internships. I tried setting my sights a bit lower and got inside this call center that claims that they prefer hiring from within. I got in alright, but it's a huge joke.

Have you considered that he goes on "alt-crowd" podcasts because he feels like there's a large base of young people in the alt-crowd that could use guidance?

Doesn't this seem true to you? I mean honestly, that's why I don't think he's a charlatan - it's fairly obvious to me that the frustrations of the alt-right come from a lot of deep-seated issues with powerlessness and lack of purpose. It's reasonable to assume that if I (a shitheaded Veeky Forums nerd) could recognize that, that a doctorated clinical psychologist might as well.

I mean at the end of the day if his evil scheme is to convince people to know themselves, I'm okay with it. Especially considering he fucking gave away his self authoring program at least once, he's a pretty bad snake oil salesman.

i need to sort out my gf.
>increasingly aggressive about my weight loss
>her friends are all tinder sluts and keep enforcing her bitchyness
>i actually think they're trying to make her jealous, as if consistently being pumped and dumped is something to be proud of
>keeps insisting on "couples counselling" because i refuse to engage in her drama manufacturing
>threw out $100 worth of multivitamin and fish-oil
>consistently bitching about my OMAD IF diet being unhealthy while eating 5 corn cobs for dinner

the only time she decides to stop trying to kill my mental and emotional health is when i manage to distract her by buying flowers, women seem to love slowly watching those things die.

>night jobs

Yeah what the fuck is with this? It seems like the only places hiring are looking for part time people to fill shifts from midnight to 4 am on tuesdays, then 6 am to 10 am on the second thursday and sunday of every month. Why don't people hire for reasonable fucking schedules anymore?

convergys?

S E V E R

JBP is basic af as far as philosophy or redpilling goes.

That's not the data they're going for. It's demographic and stylometric, probably some semantic text analysis and mining too.

>reading is for nu-males
huh...

No, he is playing to a niche. That's what demagogues do. Giving a free release of a product is a sales tactic. The dude only cares about money. His perpetual shilling of vague and diluted messages is not making the crowd a better place. He is an opportunist, plus he totally loves the jews.

He got laughed out of academia, he couldn't even debate Sam Harris properly, and is not providing content that isn't an advertisement.

why would you buy so much fishoil and multis?

Set that hoe free

>demographics

without entering your age, location, gender, height, weight, sexual orientation, hobbies, size of your family, religion or anything else? pretty shit data gathering tool.

Just break up lol

>is not providing content that isn't an advertisement.

lmao what, all of his university lectures are up on youtube free of charge, he doesnt even put ads on them.

It's the shit that's been accumulating since at least in the 70's. Back then you can get a decent job with little issues. Not even a degree was required. The thing is that the generation that lived with that luxury started to impose requirements for jobs. Now all we have left is call centers and food service.

Nope, RealPage. Shit is a joke where I live. Sure they have tons of jobs open for a variety of positions, but most of it is in Texas, Phillipines and India.

pinnacle of Veeky Forums contrarianism

>laughed out of academia
He's still a professor AFAIK? And lets be honest, the approval of the academic community is not incredibly reliable in any case. It's a notorious echo chamber.

>couldn't debate Sam Harris properly
I need to get around to hearing that debate. The division of opinion on it is so wide that it's clearly got something going for it.

>not providing content that isn't an advertisement
Any content you provide to people is potentially an advertisement. Spreading free media online is not necessarily a marketing tactic, it's also charitable. I will agree with you that he bangs the anti-SJW drum pretty hard, but I can't really blame him for being frustrated by them considering how often they harass him in the classroom. Have you seen those videos where they crowd in 50 screaming people with megaphones and percussives into his tiny lecture room? Fuck that.

He makes Harris look like an idiot in the second one, Harris mainly appeals to fedora tipping pseuds

I'm on my way to finally getting a girlfriend.
It's looking good, I already lost my mouth-to-mouth virginity rather spectacularly, Peterson would be proud.