QTDDTOTT- Danny Devitachu Edition

Other one is almost maxed out, post any here is where you post questions you might have that do not merit their own thread.

I've been bulking since early June and doing really well, put on about 30lbs with a clean diet and all my lifts have increased significantly. But this past week I just haven't had the motivation to continue. I haven't been as strict towards myself about getting my ass up and making myself some food or really trying to get to the gym. I haven't lifted in 3 days (I'm going today to tear it up) but I really want to get my momentum going again. Does this happen or am I just being a fag? How can I ramp back up my motivation and focus I can get back on the horse?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aXfOdvd-sJ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I plan on hitting the gym next week, should I start straight away with the SS program on the sticky or should I first talk to the people who work there and following their program? 74 kg 1,77cm
>inb4 manlet

SQUATZ & OATZ

The PT's where you go to work out will try to rope you into buying a training program and a wall of supplements. It's a toss up what quality of PT you get and will be more expensive than reading the sticky. That being said, if you have any questions about form or certain lifts, asking a PT is always better than not.

Lads, what the fuck
Been a few months since I've started lifting, 5'10 119lbs to 5'10 134, but I haven't gained any weight the last few months, and right now I can curl 80lbs for reps, and OHP 180 for 1 rm

the fuck is going on with this shit.

>lifting a few months
>gained 15lbs
>haven't gained in a few months

Lifting since December of 2016
Haven't gained weight since May-June

okay, then eat more.
>b-but i've been ea-
EAT MORE

Cut or bulk, and can I get a bf% estimate?

Main goal is to look good, I feel like I should lose some fat to make my face look more defined but j want some second opinions.

>okay, then eat more.
>>b-but i've been ea-
>EAT MORE

I've been taking my 4 scoops, but I have been missing 1 meal. I'm trying lad. What I want to know is why i'm gaining performance but not getting bigger.

My body looks almost identical to yours.

bulk.

After getting to above 2pl8 working squats I have developed lower back pain in the center right above my ass when squatting and lower back always feels alot tighter when not lifting.
Not sure if its improper form or I injured myself and continued to squat with the injury not realizing

try stretching, might be improper form or lack of stretching properly

Ok m8, will follow the SS and ask the PTs about forms, thanks

Looking to improve my sit-ups for PFA.
Can I just do sit-ups at intervals throughout the day?

Is the net number of reps performed more important, or is the intensity of the reps performed? Does a lack of recovery time increase the effectiveness of a workout?

What do if your friends are major gains goblins?

Inb4 get rid of them

So there's nothing around me really other than a planet fitness.
Are there any decent barbell-less routines? I'd hate to contribute to that big purple, smelly dildo but it's better than nothing.
I'd follow a DB routine but they only go up to 50lbs there or something.

whats the best whey? no flavoured garbage, just PURE WHEY

Asking since myprotein seemed to be ranked 1# on labdoor but it appears they changed the fucking formula and it isnt the same anymore

I saw this organic/grass fed natural whey on prozis, 400g for like 22€ but if its truly the best you can get quality-wise then I dont mind since I dont use it that often anyways

help me famiglia

390/240/390@210bw

ss and tm stalled so im doing 531. amidoingitright?

>inb4SHEIKOSHEIKOSHEIKO

gold standard or gtfo

stretch after workouts and make sure your back is neutral, not overarched.

bulk, 14%

>gold standard
theyre ranked low on labdoor and i cant seem to find unflavoured in europe

Please reply

Just finished working out, but I have no protein rich food in my house and no time or money to buy any

What do?

Yeah you can it will work to increase your total sit up capacity. What PFA are you doing/how many situps do you need?

learn to plan ahead

how big/cut do you need to get for normies to assume that you're a brainlet?

Air Force. Need just 42, but I want to Max out with 58. Currently doing around 50.

I have some protein powder that's a year expired. A few places say it could still be good, others say toss it.

What should I do?

Does anyone have that webm of the guy using 4 stretchy bands in a power rack swinging back and forth yelling like a mad man?

Can doing deadlifts 2x a week (conventional and sumo) be enough for leg strength/gains? I'm thinking about removing squats from my programming to focus on deadlifts since it's such a weak point of mine.

i feel fucking fine, no coughing or fever, but i got diarrhea. i recently added more veggies and beans to my diet. could that be it? i used to take 1-2 solid dumps a day. im getting 3-4 liquid shits a day now

>increased water intake - nothing
>increased salt with crackers - nothing

wait it out a couple more days or go to doctor tomorrow?

i tried cutting the veggies and shit but hasn't been doing any good

Doing Stronglifts 5x5, but deadlifts are starting to scare the shit out of me.

Can I just...not do them? Are there alternatives?

what are some good protein powders besides ON?

Skinny fag here
174cm, 52kg
Whats that lump below my chest? I used to think that it might be just fat but it doesn't feel like it

your rib cage ending?

Nah it's between the ribcage, it's probably my liver but I'm not sure why it's this big.
Or maybe I'm just being overly conscious

Did they actually get Danny to play him?

my shoulder muscle insertions are shit and im doing lateral raises but they still wont show
what other excersise can i do?

Two questions.

Does aesthetics necessarily equal strength?

Second, I'm a beginner just getting back into it and I need a routine. Is Greyskull 3x5 a good routine, or should I go for more volume like a split?

>have not showered in 3 days and have been spotty on showering for like the last week because i am not working
>skin has never looked or felt better

Wow, really makes me think.

I've noticed that whenever someone is spotting my bench, the weight seems lighter and goes up easier, even if they just stand there without touching the bar. How do i tap into that mindset without a spotter?

So I was told today that I have a herniated disc. What effect does this have on lifting? Do I have to kiss deadlifts goodbye?

>Does aesthetics necessarily equal strength?
Those are completly diffrent, and usually unrelated, things.

>Second, I'm a beginner just getting back into it and I need a routine. Is Greyskull 3x5 a good routine, or should I go for more volume like a split?
You should do 3x5, but actually focus on your accessories. Single joint movements aren't like compounds, where you keep proper form while going from point A to point B.

Accessories are about concentrating on slow eccentrics and squeezing hard on cocentrics. The range on motion is secondary and weight is only important if you can't control the eccentric.

Nobody gives a shit how much you curl. Ideally your accesories should be as close as weightless isometrics as possible.

The reverse is true about your main movements. Lift as heavy as possible without breaking form.

Barbell rows. Do you make your torso parallel to the floor, or at a slight angle?

IIRC Barbell Rows are parallel to the floor but there are other rows like pendlay or yates rows that are at an angle.

Kek

Yer fuckedp

Whole wheat bread with lots of seeds

Could also be that you're eating something your system isn't comfortable with or expired food

GG You ego lifted

Snap City Population: You

Is doing HIIT twice per week between three lifting sessions too much cardio? I wanna get good at fuckin'.

Ya way too much HIIT I could tell you the science why, but it's easier if you trust me. A 5mile fun run a day is sufficient, unless you're a performance athlete and you need HIIT

myprotein

How many warmup sets should I be doing for 1x5 deadlifts? And at what % weight, like 50, then 75%?

It literally has high intensity in the name. Don't do it on rest days.

>spend $200 and get a bar & 300 pounds of plates but the bar and the 45 pound plates will have to be replaced within a few months, bringing the total to about $440
>spend $375 and get 260 pounds of good plates with a good bar but spend $150 on freight shipping bringing the total to $520
What do? I have the money for either.

What's a way of starting Tinder convos without coming across as a dumbass or tryhard

>yo got any o those
>tits
>:)

i like that Earth sticker

Just see if she has sth "random" or clever in her descritpion, try to use sth on one of her pictures as a starting line. Ask her if she prefers ketchup or mayo

>plates will have to be replaced within a few months
Why?

Why would you need to replace the bar and the place? Do they have an expiry date?

Beginner bodyweight routine that isn't Reddit's 3 hour recommended one?

I'm coming up on my goal weight soon and now I want to lift weights seriously.

Yes I read the sticky.

I know about starting strength and stuff, but when would I need to change the routine and when would i bulk?

You bulk on SS, you keep doing SS until you stall a few times in a row. Or about 6 months if you want to cut again. Doing SS without bulking is asking to fail.

PPL unless you're a lanklet

It's probably those shit tier concrete plates that break apart after some use.

My lower back feels fatigued and tired, but not in pain. Is this muscle soreness or did I fuck myself up?

I haven't had a normal bowel movement in over a week, it's gone from diarrhea to very small pieces like rabbit poop and the last two days I've been taking psyllium husk to shit in the morning. Except for that every other time I try to poop only mucus comes out. I don't think I'm pooping enough.

Should I try using a laxative or suppository to help me out more until I have time to see a butt doctor?

>5'11 160lbs
>gaining a bit under 1lb a week
>deadlift 200lbs, squat 170lbs, OHP 60lbs, bench 95lbs
>zero progress on OHP and bench, only slight progress on squats
>haven't stalled on deadlift yet for 2 months
>probably going to stop weight gain because i'm getting fat with no progress to show for it
is it possible for someone's form to be so bad they can't make any progress at such low weight? It's not like I'm swinging the bar around

Lift before they wake up

so according to a TDEE calculator, in order to bulk from 75kgs:

I need to eat
>3,500 calories a day
>350g of protein

this seems like a lot.. is it wrong?

in the sake of science here's the output

You definitely can eat less protein (120-150g should be your minimum). Calories depends on how much physical activity you do. You might be able to bulk on 2800-3000, but it really depends on how active you are.

Macro ratios are bullshit. Eating that much protein will get expensive, unless you love chicken breast and have a cheap supply (or an all-you-can-eat college meal plan). More protein is almost never a bad thing, but if you're getting at least 150g a day - especially on a bulk - there's no reason to worry about getting extra.

So I can skimp on Protein and go for the moderate carb ratio listed? (264 protein, 308 carb)?

do i have gyno or just fat? been skinny fat for a while now and believe it or not used to look much worse than this. any tips to drop fat from torso area while still building muscle?

yes and even then i consider that too much unless you're some roided up bodybuilder

toss it... duh

I had blood results taken and my test was 210.

They want me to get another test taken to make sure it is still low and if it is they are gonna start me on TRT.

What are the chances that my first result was an outlier? Should i realistically expect to be going on TRT?

box, kickbox, muay thai or mma?
done few months kickboxing years ago

My legs really overpower my upper body (imho) both in lifts and visually, will running help me slim them down to something more aesthetic? I don't want to switch to PPL (yet) as I am doing 5/3/1, and I want to reach 1/2/3/4 before I switch

Where can I find workout routines for someone who is just starting out (not to bulk excessively but to get stronger)

in the fucking sticky

>Can do 35 push ups
>Can't bench press bodyweight
??? why can I push up the weight of my body 35 times, but not do it with a bar the weight of my body 35 times?

Are you really that stupid? Do you really think a push-up is 100% of your body weight?

eat more fiber

a bring in some variation/switch routine
b get your testosterone checked
c improve your lifestyle (more sleep/water/protein/veggies..)
d be more patient

it's time for you to recomp
don't worry you might have gyno if you're still fat

mma, don't be a fag

>will running help me slim them down to something more aesthetic?
no doesn't work
>531 while under 1/2/3/4
no. richt now your mucles need more volume, frequency and intensity than any variation 531 has to offer

I am currently at 1/1.5/3/3.3/ I moved on from SS to 5/3/1 as I liked it more compared to TM even if it could've been better for me, I run it with Joker Sets, FSL, and Lat/Ab work alternating, as for legs, what should I do? Continue as normal? Switch to front squat?

Not really Veeky Forums moreso oldschool /health and/
>Was cocoon-mode for many years
>Finally got job
>See shitload of women IRL
Suddenly lost the urge to chronically masturbate, let alone masturbate even once everyday.
What is this?

Seen this video yet?
youtube.com/watch?v=aXfOdvd-sJ0
If you have, try and make sure your core is still tight

Just "atheletic" and the insecure ones will find you.
Most people just appreciate/respect you even more though.

Cutting?
Probably just unfortunate fat distribution.

Front squat is a bitch, I wouldn't do them if you don't have to.

>a bring in some variation/switch routine
i'm doing phraks gslp, don't have time to do more than a 3 day routine and they all seem to be mostly the same (the recommended ones)

>b get your testosterone checked
normal levels

>d be more patient
what if it's been almost a year since I started?

Experiencing tightness in my hamstrings after a heavy workout 4 days ago, can lie down flat or stand straight with no issue but if I try to straighten the leg or move knee towards the body from pictured position it's tense/impossible. Advice?

Tips for rear delt flies? I'm feeling it more in my laterals when I'm doing them, should I pop my elbows out more?

I'd rather front squat then have to deal with unaesthetic quads, I know front squat uses more quads than a back squat, but they should give a more balanced look? The other option is to just squat less

If I have rugby training 3 times a week lasting around an hour and a half (each session we do around 7 100m sprints back to back and then just light running throughout the session) and I also have strength and conditioning 3 times a week lasting around 40 mins lifting at around 60-80% 1RM , how many calories should I roughly consume per day to bulk? I'm other wise sedentary only walking around school between classes.

Is 3.3k enough?

Also
>5"11
>76kg
>18

I don't bench but I use free weight to curl and overhead press is that good enough to make up for the fact that I bench with a bench press machine?

Is it safe to squat in pic related?
I've been using a "3D Max Rack" for squats (it's basically a power rack where the barbell is attached to the sides) and now my stability is shit. This is the only other barbell in the gym.

Not really, if your gym has dumbbells you should bench with those.

Just do high rep training, muscle memory is what you're going for to hit those numbers, not a straight six pack. Go until failure, catch your breath, then do more. Rinse and repeat until you at least do the max; when you improve, work your way up to twice the max then you'll be gold