Dieting while doing little to no sport nor lifting

While i'm not yet sure if i am willing to dedicate time and energy to lifting and/or running, i am definetly willing to change my diet, since i have no excuses on that regard.
>read the sticky
I've read it, and i've already calculated my TDEE while putting in the field the "little to no excercise" thing. I guess i have to subtract 500 calories if i don't excercise? But i've got a couple of question the sticky couldn't answer (since it assumes you also lift)
>Protein intake
I tought i took too much protein, turns out i wasn't even CLOSE to what i need daily. But my question is: do i need this much protein even with little excercise? If so, since i'm a little bitch and can't manage to get to 260g per day of protein, can i use protein powder to supplement it, always respecting my daily calorie intake? Or is it unhealthy to consume it if there's no lifting behind?
>No excercise, is it gonna leave me all fat and no muscles
I'd say no shit sherlock, but it also seems that the core element of being fit is diet, while lifting helps muscle growth. I have almost no muscle mass (since i'm basically fat and bone, given my lack of excercising), but is taking all that protein gonna aid me to rebuild just enough muscle to not look like a skinnyfat once i lose weight? Or can muscle growth/recomposition only happen if there's lifting behind it?
>Other nutrients
What should the protein/carbs/fat %ratio be, given an amount of daily calories? Any must do's and dont's?
>If i decided to start running/lifting
Could i do a daily, but lighter, lifting program? (to help me stay dedicated and not quit at the first workout) Or is a 1-day break between workouts mandatory? About running i was considering the potatocouch to runner program suggested by the sticky.

Other urls found in this thread:

whitmatthews.com/ss.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just lift fag, you'll probably do it a handful of times and fall in love with it like the rest of us did

if you like doing autistic repetitive shit like playing video games you'll love lifting weights

>but is taking all that protein gonna aid me to rebuild just enough muscle to not look like a skinnyfat once i lose weight?
Keked. Don't do it, you'll become a pathetic skinnyfat.
>While i'm not yet sure if i am willing to dedicate time and energy to lifting and/or running
Buy yourself some dumbbells and a bench, work out at home, at least some light lifting. It'll be enough for the first time. Then, if you feel an urge to, you can go and sign to a gym.

If you just want to lose some weight then its a good thing, just count your calories and you'll drop.

If you want some physique to go on with that weight loss, get on some activity.

I probably will, in which case: what's the easiest, idiot-proof program i could start doing? (even if not daily, but i'd prefer almost daily to get me into the habit).
Even better if it's a "increase weights once every 1/2 weeks, rinse and repeat till you are satisfied" kind of routine

Then i guess i'll have to bite the bullet. Still in skinnyfat territory if choose to run over lifting? If i chose to start lifting, what weight should i start with if i have literally no muscle mass? (i'm weak as fuck, you wouldn't believe it) And most of all, when should i increase it? I'm the kind of guy who can't find the balance between "this is too tiring, i hate doing this" and "wow, it's almost like i'm not lifting at all".
Should i increase the weight every 1-2 weeks? Or should it be a "when you don't sweat anmymore" kind of thing?
I'm not even striving for a built body, i'd like a lean stomach and a balanced body, maybe just a hint of abs (kind of like Otter/swimmer mode in pic related,, same fat percentage but fine with a bit less muscle than that).
>Inb4 "for a swimmer body swim!"
Any routine/dieting/tips to work towards this body?

Also, does anyone know about my protein powder question?

>Still in skinnyfat territory if choose to run over lifting?
Will be just skinny.
>If i chose to start lifting, what weight should i start with if i have literally no muscle mass? (i'm weak as fuck, you wouldn't believe it)
Whatever you can, literally. Buy some 0.5-2.5kg plates and see what you can do with them. Find beginner work out routines, there are plenty on youtube.
>And most of all, when should i increase it?
When you can do more than 12 repeats, approximately.
>Should i increase the weight every 1-2 weeks? Or should it be a "when you don't sweat anmymore" kind of thing?
More like the second one, although when you can't up weights for over several weeks, maybe you should reconsider something in your plan. But keep in mind it's individual after all.

starting strength, by marcus rippletits
the routine is the single best program for novice lifters interested in general strength
also read his book (there's pdfs all over the internet if you're a cheap bastard) to learn proper form

>telling an absolute beginner to buy microplates
>12 reps
>increase weight when you don't get tired anymore
You haven't lifted a single day in your life, stop posting any time pal.

>260g preotein
BRRRRAAAAAAAAP

>telling an absolute beginner to buy microplates
What should he buy then?
>12 reps
Perfectly fine for losing weight.
>increase weight when you don't get tired anymore
>implying he should concentrate on increasing the weight while losing bf

If you only care about losing weight, you can do so with diet alone.

If you care about what you'll look like when you reach your weight loss goal, you need to lift.

I'm more interested in being content with how i look (so reaching that bit-less-than-ottermode body) rather than general strenght. If by general strenght you also mean "slowly build stamina so that lifting weights doesn't feel like lifting a mountain" then yes, i am interested. One doubt then would be: how do i know if i'm doing the excercise with proper form? Sure, i can look at myself in the mirror, but am i able at glance to tell if i'm doing ok or if i'm fucking it up tremendously? I guess the ideal would be to be followed by a gym instructor, but it ain't free and i'd prefer to do it at my own pace.
Will do, do i also have to buy a lifting bench or is there some cheap-fuck way to get something similiar home-made (i don't know, shit like chairs put together). My guess is i need a proper bench to avoid fucking up excercises, but i hope i can get one in Europe without needing to pay fuckloads of money.
Well damn, i can't tell good advice from bad one, the sticky really is a bit generic when it comes to this (except saying "do SS" or linking specific programs, but nothing for "are you weak as fuck? then have i a deal for you")
Sticky says 1.5g of protein per lb pal

Also, since i'd really like to know, i'll ask again: until i start lifting, do i need this much protein? If so, can i take protein powder even before lifting? How much protein powder can i take daily without fucking myself up? I don't like milky/dairy tastes, any tips on the powder's flavour/brand to avoid tastes like milk or just bad tastes in general? Can i solve it in water? How much water per spoon of protein? Can i drink it all at once (as in in an hour at most) or do i need to drink some once every X hours?

>do i also have to buy a lifting bench or is there some cheap-fuck way to get something similiar home-made (i don't know, shit like chairs put together).
When I wasn't able to go to a gym I used 3 chairs paired together. But it's not a best option obviously.
>but i hope i can get one in Europe without needing to pay fuckloads of money.
Easily, I think. Where do you live? There must be some big sport store.

>What should he buy then?
Nothing, plates found at an average gym should be fine, at least for a few months.
>Perfectly fine for losing weight.
There is no optimum rep/set scheme for losing weight.
You're not gonna get big while cutting, might as well make some CNS gains.
>implying he should concentrate on increasing the weight while losing bf
Increasing weight on the bar should be a secondary goal, but increasing weight "when it doesn't get you tired anymore" is absolutely retarded in any and all cases.

Again, stop posting.

>slowly build stamina so that lifting weights doesn't feel like lifting a mountain
Not so much about stamina, but yes, that's the general idea.
General strength doesn't mean becoming a powerlifter, it means being stronger and more useful in everyday life (you should be particularly interested in this since you mention how pathetically weak you are). Then, if you want to look good (which is very subjective), once you've achieved a decent level of strength (6-12 months of consistent training should do this) you can change to a routine more focused on size. Also, keep in mind that being able to do an aesthetics focused routine using heavy weights will produce much better results than doing it with lighter weights.
>form
Record yourself with a phone, post it on Veeky Forums (/plg/ tends to know what they're talking about) or on the SS forums.
>gym instructor
90% of them have no clue what they're talking about, and 90% of the remaining 10% will tell you to do bullshit routines because deadlifts and squats are too much of a liability of them (protip: thye only are if the PTs can't teach you proper form and encourage ego lifting).
>protein
You don't have much muscle, eating 50 g a day should be enough to maintain what you have. Don't cut too aggressively though.
Also, sleep a solid 8-10 hours a night.

>but i'm sooooo weak
You'll be surprised how quickly your nervous system adapts.

>plates found at an average gym should be fine, at least for a few months.
>at an average gym
He's not going to go to a gym now. If you mean he should buy average plates, then read again what he wrote
>weak as fuck, you wouldn't believe it

>There is no optimum rep/set scheme for losing weight.
I found 12reps to be a good number for myself when I was working out at home with only dumbells at my disposal. Also, you cited >12reps like it's something bad but then wrote that there's no optimum scheme, what was your point?
>but increasing weight "when it doesn't get you tired anymore" is absolutely retarded in any and all cases.
I wrote
>More like the second one
I didn't say that he should be able to lift weights with his finger to increase it or something. Can say more than 12 reps -> increase until you can do, say, 8, and so on.

>Can do, say, more than 12 reps -> increase until you can do, say, 8, and so on.
fix

>Starting strenght
I guess i'll do as you say then, but i am concerned about my looks in the meanwhile (i mean, i do it to look better for myself, as you said it's subjective), and i'd hate to look "not good" for my standards for a whole 12 months before seeing aesthetic results as well. Will Starting strenght still allow for decent looks or is the T-rex hyperbole meme kinda true? I'm sure i'll look better than i do now either way, but since looks are my main motivation (at least for now) i'd rather work towards them as soon as possible.
>form
Will do as well
>gym instructor
Tought so too, especially since where i live i seriously doubt there are some instructors who actually studied and are able to tell me stuff like this.
>protein
Here i am confused: the sticky says the whole 1.5g per lb of bodyweight if i'm cutting (as in losing fat), is that only if i'm lifting as well?
50g of protein per day are easy for me to get, but i'm suprised of the huge gap between this and those 260g i was supposed to get instead.
I already sleep plenty, 8 hours minimum always.
>weak as fuck
I hope you are right, i start from the very bottom of the barrel.

By the way, thanks for all the help guys, i really appreciate the patience towards basic questions like mine. Still want to know about this though.

Not that guy but how long were you doing dumbbell excercises before going to the gym?

cont.

And since you said
>I'm not even striving for a built body, i'd like a lean stomach and a balanced body, maybe just a hint of abs (kind of like Otter/swimmer mode in pic related,, same fat percentage but fine with a bit less muscle than that).
let me just add that you may think this now, but you'll change your mind when you see what your body is capable of.
Many people started out with similar goals, but pretty much everybody starts looking at themselves and thinks "I'm a bit stronger and look a bit better, but why stop here?". Some people branch out towards pure strength, some discard the "fine with a bit less muscle than that" and try to get fucking huge, and so on.
You'll find your path in due time, but for now just striving to better yourself is a noble goal.

>He's not going to go to a gym now.
Where did OP say "I'm definitely not gonna go to a gym"?
>If you mean he should buy average plates, then read again what he wrote
What good are microplates going to be when you have no room for progression?
>>weak as fuck, you wouldn't believe it
And here we go again, about you never having lifted. CNS adapts quickly.
>Also, you cited >12reps like it's something bad but then wrote that there's no optimum scheme, what was your point?
There is no optimum scheme to lose weight, which is true. Since he's not going to gain much muscle while cutting, might as well keep rep count low and intensity high to stimulate the nervous system.
>weight increase pattern
No, that's retarded, be it for strength or size.

You won't get huge in a month. If you are some freak of nature and do start getting huge in a month (and really really really don't want to get huge), just start lifting slightly lighter.

I had been going to a gym for like 2 and something years, then my health fucked up and I stopped for 1y+, gained fat and lost some muscles. 3 months ago I started to exercise at home because I couldn't go to a gym atm and now when I've moved to a new place I'm going to go to a gym next week. Finally.

big 4 lifts at your peak?

>Where did OP say "I'm definitely not gonna go to a gym"?
From the OP post
>While i'm not yet sure if i am willing to dedicate time and energy to lifting and/or runnin
>What good are microplates going to be when you have no room for progression?
You can sell it to some girl, probably.
>CNS adapts quickly.
>I have a good genetics hence everyone has it
You haven't seen a guy who can't press a bare barbell bar, have you?
>stimulate the nervous system.
Source?
>No, that's retarded
Because..

cont.
>re t-rex mode
You also won't go t-rex mode while eating at a deficit. The pictures you always see are of guys with good genetics, who did GOMAD, and didn't start off as small/weak.You really have nothing to fear in this regard.
>protein
You don't need that much now
>How much protein powder can i take daily without fucking myself up?
Way more than you'd need to take.
Keep in mind that protein powder isn't a supplement, it's a food replacement. Dietary protein would """fuck you up""" just the same way.
>any tips on the powder's flavour/brand to avoid tastes like milk or just bad tastes in general?
Unflavoured. Good tasting whey is very very rare.
>Can i solve it in water?
Yes, although it won't taste that good.
>How much water per spoon of protein?
Doesn't matter, as long as it gets dissolved and isn't super thick and hard to swallow.
>Can i drink it all at once (as in in an hour at most) or do i need to drink some once every X hours?
Doesn't really matter.

>From the OP post
No, he said
>While i'm not yet sure if i am willing to dedicate time and energy to lifting and/or running
If this categorically excludes lifting in a gym, it also categorically excludes buying microplates and fucking around at home.
>You can sell it to some girl, probably.
So you admit that's shit advice.
>>I have a good genetics hence everyone has it
fuck this shit i'm done replying to you
if you were baiting all along, good job, you succeeded

tldr kys

I don't know how much I weighed, probably about 75-77, since it was during uni and we didn't care much.
bench press - 90kgx10 working.
Didn't do squats and deadlifts much because it hurt my back once so I didn't want to risk. Will do it now though, just more carefully. I'm lucky I've always had somewhat good legs from playing football during childhood and teenage years, otherwise, I'd look comic.

>If this categorically excludes lifting in a gym, it also categorically excludes buying microplates and fucking around at home.
>I don't know much cheaper and easier is to work out at home
Thank jesus I'm a mathematician, life would be hard without it.
>So you admit that's shit advice.
What? You buy microplates, exercise with them and then sell it.
>fuck this shit i'm done replying to you
>I don't have any sources and I can't convince people but I'm right fuck you all
You must be a liberal.

>used shit form
>therefore stopped squatting and deadlifting
>no mention of ohp
>this is who is giving advice on Veeky Forums
top kek

>T-rex mode
Thank god, i guess i only have to gain and nothing to lose then
>Protein powder
Unflavoured will taste like something still (or is it really like, almost no taste at all?), but what thing? Again, i can't chug down shit that tastes like milk or dairy stuff. I don't pretend for it to taste like a delicacy, i can take a bit of bad tasting stuff, but since i'm going to take it daily i better not dread each time i take a sip. Finally, i'm willing to actually spend more on protein powder to get an high quality (and better tasting) product, what brand/site should i go with in this case?
Thanks again for all the help of course.
I will take your advice about the reps, maybe when i can't tell by myself if to go further or still keep the same weight. I'd rather have low weights but proper form than try my hand at the big stuff and miserably fuck me up.

One last thing about diet: following the sticky's indications (so subtracting 500 calories) i should take 1700 calories per day, and i guess 50g of protein minimum instead of those 260g (since i weigh 79kg) until i start lifting, is this correct? Are the rest of the macronutrients i need to take "as i wish" as long as i'm not completely retarded (i wont literally drink olive oil once i'm done with proteins) and respect the daily calories and protein intake? Or should i follow a percentage of proteins/carbs/fats?

>I'd rather have low weights but proper form than try my hand at the big stuff and miserably fuck me up.
You'll start with low weights, progress relatively quickly at first, then slow down. You should be using the heaviest weight you can manage while still keeping good form, not something too heavy that'll have you compromise form, and not something too heavy that'll lead to minimal gains.

>is this correct?
Yes
>Are the rest of the macronutrients i need to take "as i wish" as long as i'm not completely retarded and respect the daily calories and protein intake?
Yes

reminder to READ THE FUCKING BOOK
whitmatthews.com/ss.pdf

Not him, but about a protein. Of what I've tried, Mutant is the best with water but doesn't always mix well. Also, you can you soy (has almost no taste) or almond milk. They're low in carbs also.