Veeky Forums Sports

What's the fittest sport, and why is it rugby?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/7a5Yp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hockey

ballet

Chess

uhh weightlifting?

how do i get a bf that looks like this?

join a gay rugby team/league

Pro Wrestling

Cross-fit! Because it's, like, every sport! XD

... nah, it's (ice) hockey where I come from. But rugby is a great answer too.

You do realize those rugby players look like that because they do weightlifting? Rugby itself won't make anyone muscular

>implying

daily reminder that if you're american or canadian and you play rugby, you're just a failed football player

how common is webm related in wrestling?
this showed up on my instagram feed and the poster says the choke was "unintentional" but this would clearly result in a DQ I assume

Wrestling

Less than before. That video is from this year's world championships where the refs were stricter on front headlocks than ever before. The French guy was OK immediately after that clip ends. In most other cases refs stopped the hold if it even looked a little dangerous.

Per the rules you cannot restrict breathing or the airway in any way. They took this further than in past tournaments by stopping front headlocks that were just close to being dangerous rather than actually causing someone to black out.

Be twink mode and consider crossdressing if you don't look feminine and petitie enough

they're two completely different sports, the only retards who keep bringing up rugby v football comparisons probably never played either of them.
This is like saying judokas are failed wrestlers

From my experience, very rare

>tfw no rugby bf

So what you're saying is that wrestling is for pussies?

but nobody who is athletic enough to play football would play rugby, football is the chad sport and rugby is the virgin sport.

dont football teams have like 50 players that get rotated around all the time? you get like 10 minutes play time and then a 30 minute bud light + ford + mountain dew advert top kek
also whats up with cheerleading and mascots? why do you need to fill time by showing those? No other sport does that, just stop pls

what weight class do the wrestlers ITT compete in? My country doesnt really have a wrestling tradition so the closest I get to it is grappling

Rugby is fuckin easy, I play 8 for my local side, and it consists of running through smaller fags, and running up to 50m but that's all you do. Most of the difficulty is learning how to come back from shitty team mates

>iktfb

I grew up all my life playing football ask the way up to D1 college, did 4 years in the Marine Corps, and then I played rugby. Rugby is by far the hardest of those three.

The only people that think American football is harder than rugby are people that have never played a full 80 minutes of rugby.

>getting leg and glute DOMS the day after a scrum-heavy match as a second row

sure it won't make you muscular but it'll make you thicc

old school american football

Mirin these fucking hands

Judoka here, -81kg. Almost no wrestling here either (France), which is a shame

is that body attainable natty

roid use is fucking rampant in rugby even at university level

money dumbass, what else? is fuckin USA

faggot ball is a money printing sport several times larger than the NFL and not even they focus so much on frivolous shit like fireworks and marching bands during half time. This has nothing to do with money it's more about the short attention spans of american football fans.

Even?
user...natural college athletes who can keep up and perform on the same level as the enhanced athletes are a freak genetic miracle.
I should know. i was one.
Even then I lacked the unbelievable recovery capacity that they had and needed nearly twice the rest that they did.
Now if you indicated that even highschool level rugby players were on gear then you'd have something. Because it's everywhere there.

Badminton

Who fucking cares.
Just because no one in america cares about kickball doesn't mean that american football is shit.
By the by, every single facet of your fucking media is all about faggoball. From your children's cartoon shows all the way up to your fucking elections.

Claiming that america sucks for it's fanfare when you desperatly try to tie it into every facet of your own lives and society is retarded.

Crossfit = Sport of fitness.

what position did you play? im outside centre or fullback so i dont feel like I need roids and Id never try it anyway because i have no idea how to do it and would probably fuck up my cycles

pic related
>Strength
>speed
>skill
>power
>balance
>endurance
>physicality

Football (soccer to you amerifags) is god-tier but the game is filled with nancies that can't handle a bit of physicality the way the game was meant to be played (aka I get sent off 5 times a season because some faggot who thinks he's Neymar doesn't like it when you go through him)

literally the best Navy SEAL candidates
archive.fo/7a5Yp

Sorry I didn't and don't play rugby.
I played football.
And defensive tackle and occasional nose guard.

>but the game is filled with nancies that can't handle a bit of physicality
Although this is true for professional football, I feel at an amateur, semi-pro and uni level there's a lot more physicality.

It's not, it's boxing/kickboxing/MMA.

> if you can't nearly kill someone its for pussies

hmm

Unironically dancing

I play table tennis and most people I play with are turbo skelly asians, it's kinda funny but it's so fucking fun brehs

I really want to try out BJJ, but I'm worried that it puts too much stress on the knees since I have arthrosis in my left leg.
What do you guys think? Anyone who does BJJ around?

A lot of BJJ techniques are heavy on your knees. You should try speaking to the instructor before signing up, but honestly I doubt there are many changes he could make to your training to avoid knee stress depending on how bad your condition is.

butthurt is strong with this one, nobody in USA cares about soccer, where they all look like fuckin twinks and simulate getting hurt, they are worse than wwe, so fuck off fellow yuropoor

Dat two knee clich that is banded thanks to alistar.

Thought as much, if you are on the ground and need to use your body there will be a lot of stress on the knee. Damn. Thanks brah, might as well just give it a shot and see how it feels

Judokas are wrestlers who watch anime

Probably handball, hockey, MMA or rugby.

What?
Wrestling is grappling and visa versa.

Aside from memes like aikido, any form of wrestling/judo/bjj are fine. Some have better applications sure, but theres no reason to not do them all at the same time. At judo practice? stay an extra 30 minutes and work leg takedowns, at wrestling? work some throws and footsweeps, at bjj? get off your knees etc etc

A lot of the techniques overlap but the rules are completely different. Olympic wrestling and bjj are done in totally different ways user.

nice bait

also nice dubs

Of all grappling forms (except aikido) bjj is the easiest on your knees.

I've been training around 25 hours a week in grappling for the past five years, between judo/sambo/wrestling/bjj

bjj is by far the easiest on your body

if you have any spine or knee injuries, bjj is a good place to go

>I've been training around 25 hours a week in grappling for the past five years, between judo/sambo/wrestling/bjj
holy shit thats a lot, you going pro?

they are, but my point is that there is no reason you can't work under different rulesets by simply saying to your training partners "lets operate under this ruleset"

After Judo, I typically work with people towards a more bjj ruleset. No pins, and integrating in leglocks and small joint manipulation. If you don't have wrestling in your country, just start wrestling. Any experience is better than none.

do you compete in both judo and bjj?

what about noob wrestling?

I'd say about 7 out of 10 of my competitions are in judo or sambo, and 2 are bjj, 1 wrestling.

There has never been a point in any of them where the other styles has not helped significantly

which of those is the most difficult to compete in from your experience?

Judo.
More constant tension and the need for constant activity under the fear of penalty makes it much more demanding mentally.

Wrestling comes in at number two from just physical demands, but mentally it's a lot easier as you don't have to worry about submissions and it is all instinct.

Sambo is very similar to judo, but stalling is a lot easier to get away with, and it's just a more point oriented judo.

Bjj is the easiest, I've won matches off of a throw and then pinning someone for 5 minutes and winning off of points.

Any "inactivity" or lack of aggressive motion in judo for more than a few seconds means a penalty, and by the nature of scoring, you are always going for ippon (a total victory) so it's both mentally and physically stressful.

That's cool. Is the atmosphere generally respectful in all of those? I may be completely wrong but I always get the idea a lot of combat sports are filled with douchebags.

>concussions and brain damage: the sport
rugby is almost as bad as boxing for brain damage in later life.

i think boxing is the fittest sport but god damn the thought of having my brain fail me in later life is too big of a caveat

In order of respect for martial arts
1) Judo
2) Sambo
3) wrestling
4) bjj

Judo is hyper respectful and traditional, sometimes annoyingly so. Never any douchebags, teachers won't train you.

Sambo is full of russians and I guess if you get along with russians it's fine, but if you hate their archetype stay away from it.

Wrestling has really great work ethic and farmboy attitudes, but don't really see their martial art as having martial applications, mainly sport.

Bjj is a mixed bag, some more like judo, some more like wrestling. A lot of them are douchebros / social media whores who are more focused on how cool they seem with their camouflage uniforms and patches, more than the discipline and respect of an art. That being said, it's a great art for direct groundwork and an excellent supplement to other forms of grappling.

Lean with solid core strength plus the female dancers want your seed

Having competed in judo and bjj, I can confirm what this user says.

Also, judo refs seem to be a lot more squirrely so you never know what you're getting. Sometimes you get a full ippon for a throw that you wouldn't with another ref. Sometimes you get away with illegal grips more.

Judo is also a lot more tiring because the throws are big, explosive movements. You feel like you're trying to do as many cleans as possible in 5 minutes

Half scrum here.

Mate, I'm from Argentina and I can confirm Canada has strong fellas in their rugby teams. Nice matches I've played with them. Tough guise over there.

But what about ironic dancing? Doesn't that convey the same health benefits?

literally the most aesthetic player n-no homo

>Typing this much over a technicality
Please go back to plebbit

T-thanks, bro.

this is the power of zercher deadlifts

achievable natty?

yes, see

olympic weightlifting

Anyone else think his body looks like shit?
I mean sure he's got a chad face and he's huge but his body just looks like crap (by Veeky Forums's standards I mean)

Alexander "The Experiment" Karelin is known for his inhuman training regiments

How does no one say basketball? Hardly as many injuries as other sports, objectively the most fun to play, and all basketball players are Otter-Athletic mode.

>His wrestling record is 887 wins and two losses.

>80s/90s Soviet pro athlete
>natty

Not the fittest but a good sport nonetheless.