How important is bicep training for powerlifting?

How important is bicep training for powerlifting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bnr5Aff4iwE
youtube.com/watch?v=kwEkO7_0sYU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dont need desu, but you'll build enough strength with heavy rows and heavy chinups

next question

how are u

Very important. If you're a powerlfiter it is implied that youre gonna be doing lots and lots of benching, and all that benching will put massive strain on your elbow tendons if your biceps and strong enough to shoulder the weight off your joints.

schleep

Doing a few sets of curls every time you step into the gym is more valuable than the zero recovery benefits you'll observe if you don't do them, but they're not so important that you have to do them if you don't feel like it.

t. 14.5 inch arms

this guy preaches heavy rows and chinups for biceps

youtube.com/watch?v=bnr5Aff4iwE

Biceps act as a cushion during the benchpress (and OHP but powerlifters don't care much about this one.)

Building strong biceps also reduces the risk of bicep tear if you deadlift with a mixed grip.

All in all there really exists no reason why a powerlifter shouldn't train biceps. Just throw 1 or 2 40 mins arms session a week, it doesn't cost anything.

good

Are barbell curls as accessories at the end of a fullbody 3x/week workout good enough for a novice lifter?

bicep training is literally not important for anything but bodybuilding

>40 mins arms session a week
kek

>How important is bicep training for powerlifting?
Extremly important.

Bigger biceps = more reflexive tension during bench press.
Stronger Biceps = stronger row = stronger deadlift.

Also you look more chad during your squats, which makes the virgin judges give you white lights.

I guess it depends on your routine, but I've seen weighed chin ups suggested instead of curls

Hah fucking dead accurate unless you got genetics for big arms.

I did the heavy rows and weighted chins with no accessory work and I shit you not I was at 14.5 inch arms and they looked tiny for my body until I added curls.

Throw in some tricep with that curl and superset it. Take like 5mins at the end of your workout.

A strong person should have strong arms. If you can diddly 4 plates but can't curliddly even 1 that's retarded. It's like being a cross country runner without having strong calves.

>40 mins arms session a week

DON'T BE A FUCKING PART TIMER DO YOUR FULL 8 HOUR SHIFT OR GO HOME

But an obese texan and a bunch of losers from online said that squatting was enough for building big arms.

Who should I believe?

i recently partially tore my bicep tendon benh pressing. having strong/big biceps is really good for providing stability and preventing injury

My biceps are shit and I do weighted chins and rows. I fucking hate doing curls and I only do them once a week on the day I do rows.
I can work triceps hard no problem, but when I do biceps my entire body and brain rejects it and tells me to stop.

just stict curl 5x5 and hammer curl 4x8 after bench and deadlifts.

>Doing powerlifting when you don't actually compete as a powerlifter

well then youre simply not strong enough at weighted chins and rows

anyone who can weighted chin with their bodyweight added has great biceps

Yeah I know, but compare the task of achieving that compared to doing curls it's a big difference. It's like choosing a much longer road when you're both going to the same destination. Curlbros who never even do weighted chins have better arms.

its just strenght focused traning than desu, you become powerlifter when you actually compete

and honestly there is no way to have 14.5 inch arms if you ~200 and pull for reps >4 with ~80-135 added to your belt

youtube.com/watch?v=kwEkO7_0sYU

Well they do help you with rows and pull ups, which in turn help you build a stronger back, which helps your deadlifts.
Don't neglect ANY bodyparts.