How do you guys make sure you dont hurt yourself dropping heavy dumbells when doing bench or ohp...

how do you guys make sure you dont hurt yourself dropping heavy dumbells when doing bench or ohp? pretty sure ive gotten damn close to snap city when i go to failure and drop the weight.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v8y8dQZMJXw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not being a retard usually works

you don't drop them you catch them same way you get them up but in reverse

>when i go to failure

There's your problem right there. Never go to failure. 8-12 rep for max gains.

>number of reps in a set magically forces you to never be able to go to failure

Broscience desu

Reddit says to always do 8-12 reps but never go to failure.

Training is pretty simple, but not that simple. You should always maintain specificity towards your goals. If you want to be able to hit big 1rms, you should do your main lifts in the 1-5 range during peaking phases and 6-10 during volume phases. If you want to get more volume in, do more sets with a lighter weight but keep your reps ranges at the correct range for the training effect you're trying to achieve. None of this really matters if you're still progressing week-to-week though.

this

if you cant lower the weight carefully you're a weak bitch.

FPBP

Moving from 4 reps to 5 reps on a 5rep set represents 20% of your set

Moving from 9reps to 10reps on a 10rep set represents 10% of your set
Thats why higher rep range allow easier progression and less risk of failure. You can probably lift those 10% left but not those 20%

>reddit says

>never go to failure
>never know what you're capable of
>never know pushing past your previous abilities

i feel like i know that guy

Not really, from 1-12 rep sets adding 1 rep to your set (when taken to failure) represents around the same increase to your estimated 1rm across the entire range; usually you're estimated to be 2-5% stronger when you improve you rep max by 1 rep. Once you go over 10 or 12 (depending on the study) the literature tends to find it becomes much easier to add reps and estimated 1rm calculations become pretty inaccurate. If you wanna learn more, symmetricstrength has a study linked to their 1rm calculator which should link you to all the widely recognised "legitimate" 1rm estimation studies.

Here's your answer, OP:
youtube.com/watch?v=v8y8dQZMJXw

What lift trains my retard muscle?

SS + GOMAD

>reddit
>knowing anything

If you don't have someone with you don't lift what you cant comfortably handle, use a bar and rack instead.

>not doing AMRAP whilst maintaining good enough form
going to failure is fucking stupid you'll just injure yourself

You don't drop them with incline press (ohp). Bring them slowly down and catch with raised knee

Flat dumbbell you just slowly do a fly down until close to floor, tilt pinky end closer to floor, drop. Should be almost no noise.

probably because you shouldn't drop them dumb ass. even if you go to failure you should be able to leverage them back out onto your knees.

never had an issue with this besides almost crushing my nuts or abdomen.

I almost snapped my shit up a week ago when I was doing db shpulder press. I brought the weight up on the 9th or 10th rep, locked out, and tried to bring it back down but my grip was loosening and my left arm failing which cause the db to make my arm go backwards. I just had to drop it. So never go to failer on db press

Throw the weights as far as possible from yourself. That is assuming you are not a cuck and only concerned about hurting yourself. Hit a dyel the other day doing this, and he started crying and complained to the manager, kek, so I told them that he wouldn't have to worry about it if he wasn't a bitch that could catch the DBs.

>not realising that reddit is far more knowledgable than a board full of queers and incels who don't even lift

Reddit and Veeky Forums are both way worse than bb.com

based jeff

jeff the kinda guy to deadlift while bench pressing

Related
>OHP
>Pick dumbells off floor, rest on knees to adjust grip
>A wild itch occurs
>Rest one dumbell against the other
>Itch face
>Loose dumbell slips and drops in-between the other
>Snap
>Numb as shit. Finish rest of my routine