Thinking of getting my first pup. What breed should I get if I want to run with his / her ass on pavement...

Thinking of getting my first pup. What breed should I get if I want to run with his / her ass on pavement? I see this sometimes in the morning with grills running with dogs and pushing a stroller - I feel like I'm missing out.

This could also be a way into getting moist vagoo if you know what I mean so its super important i choose the right breed and dont fuck it up.

>Not thinking about labradors

Labradors they are the best. Love running, are very cute (girls dig them) especially blonde labradors. And they love cuddling with you.

Source: Me

You shouldnt run long distance with puppies they should be fully grown when you do any serious running. Id reccomend hunting or working type dogs aside from belgian malionois unless you really wanna do nothing but run and train. My doberman gsd mix needs around 4 miles / 2 walks a day to keep him content. Check your local animal shelter. Here in ca you can get then for about 150 with all shots and chipped which is what youll most likely pay for the dog alone from a back yard breeder.

First of all, puppies shouldn't run long distance until they're a year old and their bones are developed. Depends on the breed but that's a general rule. You should exercise them with fetch and puzzle toys until then. Honestly for a "first dog" I would not recommend a puppy to anyone. They require almost constant supervision to properly potty train them and teach them polite behaviors. They're extremely high maintenance no matter the breed.
Anyway, you can get just about any medium to large (not giant) breed of dog to run with, but be realistic with how much you run. A hunting breed will probably be able to keep up with you for as long as you'd want. Unless you're a running enthusiast, a cattle dog will be able to run with you until you puke and it's just getting warmed up.
Just go to your local pound and find something like a young Lab desu. They're great beginner dogs.

>pic sort of related, my terrier mutt that can run until the cows come home

>My doberman gsd mix needs around 4 miles / 2 walks a day to keep him content.
dobermans are truly disgusting to look at

regardless, how do you run them when winter is coming

I'm feeling down brehs, please post your doggos

I think he looks cute. His ears arent cropped and he has gsd colorint.

He has gsd fur so hes okay but for his pads there is a stuff called mushers wax so they dont dry out. You can always grab a dog sweater for them if its really cold.

k

lovely pup, thanks

labs are goat

Get a working breed if you want a cardiobro.

Don't get some specific kind of dog because it looks cool, only to find out it's a lazy cunt breed that doesn't actually want to be out and about all the time.

He's actually 5 and is a doglet. Kind of wish he was bigger, but he's still a fun little dude. Here he is with a deer bone we found.

My gsd doberman mix

Don't have a pupper

Come into these threads to only feel sad

Labs for life. These two dudes helped me stay busy during Harvey

I went to the pound on a "free adoptions" day and took my guy off death row.

He's the perfect size user. Looks like he can outrun everything

goldens warm my heart, thanks

indeed

What a handsome doggo

The only threesome you'll ever need

>tfw don't want to get a doggo because losing my childhood doggo fucked me up bad

>Want a doggo, partly as a running buddy
>Rescue this dude, a Great Pyrenees, once we got him back up to weight (he was abandoned and skin and bones when we got him) he's fast as hell, loves to sprint/walk
>turns out he has a heart condition, no more running, he can't even play without getting hypoxic

He's the best dog, now he just lays around and chills, don't know how much time he has left but I make sure he gets a ton of attention every day.

This was him the first day we got him, you can see how skinny he was, he had a skin infection from being outside and not groomed, they shaved him down.

Some of us have no idea what to do with a fucking dog though

And what about living in an apartment and traveling for work/business?

Just leave the doggo at home for 4 days?

This one isn't a running dog but it is my dog

>And what about living in an apartment and traveling for work/business?
I live in an apartment, he's fine home alone because he doesn't bork when I'm gone. When I leave for a few days I just leave him with my cousin and her dogs but I realize not everyone has that option. You could hire a dog-sitter or boarding but that'll get costly really quick.

tl;dr get a doggo, but they're a huge responsibility, like having a kid. If you don't think you could handle it, don't get one.
>Just leave the doggo at home for 4 days?
Holy shit, no, what the fuck is wrong with you? Leave him with a friend or relative, although if you're leaving town for work all the time, you probably shouldn't have a dog.

Thanks for identifying the source of that riveting information, faggot. It really adds a layer of credibility that's needed with this topic.

apartment living is more suited for lazy breeds unless you are very active.

if you leave often be careful when selecting dogs and do your research - do not get dogs prone to anxiety and neurotic behavior

also, if you're often gone maybe it's best to not get a dog. a cat is fine.

It's a joke, retard
>>>/reddit/

Pugs are so damn cute. I don't get why people call them ugly.

Don't get a fucking human bred race you idiot.
They die early and are weak as fuck. Most of them can't walk properly at the age of 9 since they are gentical retardations from generations of breeding.

Get something some institutions took off the streets, these are though and healthy fuckers that will have a great time with you.

Also if you work 9-5 and live alone don't get a dog at all, you can't give it enough time and it will lay around lonely for 90% of the time.

the chad hound

Bullmastiff. Best dog. Smart, loyal, strong.

Also only lives like 8 years and not very athletic, so if OP wants a running partner it's not a very good choice. Great dog for the right environment, and I want one myself but I wouldn't expect it to go on anything more than a light jog with me.

I'm alone though my nig

How can a successful man ever become a normie if you don;t have a dog?

The key to normie heaven is by having a doggo

btw, I'm not stupid. I am very successful and if I have a business trip coming up I would most likely just find a dog sitter nearby. money is no problem, I'm more successful than most

Dobermans are pure aesthetic and moreover it's in top 3 most clever dog breeds.

can you guys stop already

They are frail, short living miss creations like any artificially bred dog.
Can't believe people give Jews money to buy animals that are fucked up.

Just go to the pound and get a medium sized 1 year+ mutt.

They are best doggos are will love you forever.

Pic related.

>husky
>literally needs sooo much excersice

They're also cute af

Actually of the 3 German "big dogs" the Doberman is probably the healthiest since it had the most diverse lineage. There were 3 generations of inbreeding in the GSP, and the Rottweiler was a very general working molosser until after WWI when there was only a couple left that became the roots of the modern breed.

Then again it also is prone to hemophilia so there's that.

I'm getting a Weimaraner in 6 weeks. Excited as fuck. Planning on a bunch of running/hiking with him.

Great, athletic dogs (especially for first time dog owners)
>golden retriever
>labrador retriever
>border collie

Thats a damn nice dog mate. Mirin.

>border collie for first time dog owners
Hell fucking no. I love BC but they are too god damn smart for their own good. They'll become neurotic and crazy if you leave them to their own devices and they get bored. They're a huge commitment and if you don't actually herd sheep or have 3 hours of free time to play with them they're very prone to getting destructive.
Labs and Goldens are great though.

Does not matter if he's not the running type. 10/10 would play with him nonstop

>Great Pyrenees
that is a handsome dog, how much of maintenence is it?

Thank you, user.

I fell in love the second I saw her in pound.

>golden retrieves

This is just as painful to read as watching people quarter squatting with pussy pads is.
I mean come the fuck on, they get fat as fuck as they eat everything that is somehow in reach, they are incredibly prone to deases and will likely die to some heart failure at the age of 8, developing arthrosis somewhere around 6.
I mean they are gorgeous and loyal animals, but cmon.

Can't you just visit a local animal shelter and get something that actually needs you?

It looks fat already what the fuck mate? Be a little more careful with what you feed it.

Can't you leave it off the leashe there too? It probably wants to take a nice run

Lab/collie mix is the only acceptable answer to any dog question.

Literally the best breed out there. There the smartest and fastest learners, they're protective, affectionate, plenty of energy and playful, can run long distances but also have great sprinting ability, and shed very little.

They don't get too large (my female is 48lbs fully grown).

Mike was a rescue from an uncaring family at 2 and a half years old. I had her fully trained in a few weeks. I can take her out in public unleashed.
But you can get some faggot ass dog that would be more suitable for you, considering you're an OP and all.

Get a Border Collie. They'll run YOUR ass off, they're full of energy (like Energizer Bunny energy, virtually infinite).

My Doggo Hugo. His gains are better than mine...

Weimeraners are handsome af, loyal too.
They can be pretty fucking dopey though, be prepared for that.

>ctrl-f
>no rhodesian ridgebacks

Labs and Goldens are for plebs. Why dont you go for a strong dog that you must earn the respect of than a shitdog that wants to do nothing but lick peanutbutter off your dick?

Plus, Rhodesians are much better runners than labs.

Wat, she isn't fat at all. She's part Staffordshire terrier, they are all stocky like that.

My gf's parents had border collie puppies so we got one. This is absolutely true. Love the pup to death but man is it tiring and work. She's older and more energetic now and only slows down due to the heat. Come winter I'm fucked.

Pic related. My 1 year old ridgeback

Get two treadmills, set them up side by side, one for you, one for your border collie.

Nova Scotia duck tolling retriever

don't have fucking 4channers help you pick a breed

also posting this on fit rather than an, are you fucking dumb?

>another artificially bred race

It keeps coming kek.
My rich grand parents bought a prime exemplar of this race. Huge as fuck, perfect rich, giant head, aesthetic as fuck, cost them around 10k.
Died at age 7 to heart failure.

>my grandparents bought 1 dog from 1 breeder and it had medical issues and thus the entire breed is damned
alright pal. By that logic no one should even own GSD considering how shitty their fucking hips are.

Because they bought a show dog whose breeders didn't do health checks, retard.

Don't run with your dog, they aren't distance runners like us. It is like torture for them. Just take the time to walk them a mile twice a day. Also dogs are a commitment senpai, more than you realize. Those little fuckers get in the way of travel and late night plans all the time.

Who rescued who?

Dogs change lives and teach you so much about life and love. Get a dog

trips plus dubs

>health checks on a dog at the age of 2 year
Yeah ... .
Why don't doctors health check baby's man? Can't believe people die to heart conditions man!
Do you know why it died? Because it's race is a fucking crippled inbred disaster.
Yeah, no one should buy a dog from someone that bred them to sell them after.
There are enough dogs that naturally breed and who's generics aren't riddled by deases.

>at the age of 1*

and thats where you know nothing about ridgebacks!

Heres the deal. Your grandparents dog died of a freak disorder. There are very few issues ridgebacks have because of the "artificial breeding" you sperged about earlier. They took great danes, greyhounds, wolf hounds, rumored mastiffs, etc. and made a dog out of it. Dysplasias and Joint issues are almost avoidable by limited the dogs running at young age and waiting till they are fully developed to let them really open it up w/ exercise.

Im sorry for your grandparents loss, but that does not speak to the credibility of the breed at all.

Didn't know labradors browsed a taiwanese origami board?

>"made X out of it"
Yeah that sounds perfectly normal and healthy dude.

I know like 20 different people that had bred race dogs, all of which died very young, to either tumors or heart failure.
Meanwhile my munsterlander mixed with who knows what off the streets is 15 years old, still perfectly capable of running and literally never overeats no matter how much and what kind of food you offer him.
This guy has no outlived there different dogs that my grand parents owned.

Health checks in the context of dog breeding means that the breeder follows up on litters to know which dogs give rise to litters prone to genetic diseases, not literally checking your dog.

Unironically yes, ridgebacks have a great life expectancy for large dogs.

how are you simultaneously praising your mix but bashing a breed that is comprised of multiple breeds?

pugs are shit tier dogs
> fucked up breathing
>drooling
>chubby/unathletic
>ugly for the purpose of making owner feel better

patrician tier
>jack russel terriers
>german shepherds
> anything that hunts and kills for sport

your pets should be a reflection of yourself

>patrician tier
> anything that hunts and kills for sport
>your pets should be a reflection of yourself

autism.

hey you don't know, maybe dude is great at hunting and killing pancakes for sport

I mean, I've got two pugs and neither drool, both enjoy walks and aren't chubby just have extra skin all over, fucked breathing is true tho
>should be a reflection of their owner
Lol k

>anything that hunts and kills for sport
Just get a cat desu

Just get literally anything mixed with bordercollie

For running get a lab. But for fuck's sake, don't force the dog to run on concrete. Go somewhere that there's a paved path for you and grass for the dog. Like a lake or park.

I have two Akitas. They're amazing fucking dogs, but you need to be very strict with them. We go hiking all the time just the three of us and they have no problem with 7-10 miles a day for 4-5 days in a row. The oldest I even took on a through-hike of the Appalachian.

>i feel like I'm missing out.
You are. Doggos are the best friend you'll ever have. Doesn't matter what kind of shitty mood I'm in, when I come home my dogs are capable of turning my mood around in an instant.

My German Shepherd irish wolfhound pup loves to run but he gets tired pretty fast cos he moves so quickly

Maybe look into rescue greyhounds, they're used to running about and are also really chill

Don't choose a dog like you choose a pair of pants.

Do both of you a favor, go to the local pound, find the one that's closest to be euthanized and take it home. It will love you unconditionally and you'll know you saved a doggo's life.

i grew up with a golden that lived until she was 17.
disease prone is true though, she had hip displaysia pretty bad and could barely walk towards the end of her life, not to mention being covered in tumors.

AW

I'm in love, thx anons

T-thanks for noticing

Hah. I usually take her to some trails or the dog park. She loves to run around so much and she's great at following and staying near on the trails. She can't stand strangers though. Barks viciously at every person she doesn't know.

My sides have left this earth

Holy fuck, boxers will run your ass into the bloody ground!
Plus you get to laugh when they poop because they love to put their butts on stuff when they do (books, garbage cans, lamp posts, ect).

Kek my dog shit on a bush once and I had to ponder for a minute how I'd pick it up but then decided to say fuck it and leave it because I wasn't going to dig a plastic bag through branches to pick up his shit.

>not getting a german shepherd