Does "Hitting 1/2/3/4" mean those are your 1RMs or you can do them 5x5?

Does "Hitting 1/2/3/4" mean those are your 1RMs or you can do them 5x5?

I wanna ____ Anzu

1rm technically, but you're kind of a bitch claiming you can 1/2/3/4 unless you can do it for reps

use the thread for questions that dont deserve their own thread or gtfo

Fug m8y muh dicks a leakin

this, kinda. It sucks but if we decided to define 1/2/3/4 for 5x5 it wouldn't take long before someone says you need to able to 10x10 it german volume training style.

the WR bench is 335 kg, but his working sets are probably around 300 kg. Still, he is able to put up 335 kg

beat

I always thought it was 1x5.

kinky

I always thought it was 3x5, something you can call your working weight

molest

Boy?

1/2/3/4 bodyweight 1rm

Turk-roach

If you're a bitch: 1RM

If you're not a bitch: 8-10 reps

Just a personal opinion. I don't claim I can lift a weight unless i can do it 3x8 minimum. Powerlifters claim that 1RM shit to hit higher totals, 1/2/3/4 is more a measure of general strength.

Wouldnt bodyweight measurement be more accurate?
0.85/1.5/2/2.5?

Brb going to neck myself.

is this real?

How dumb are you

Should be the weight you actually use in your workout, not some chance record you once did on a good day with poor form.

For me at least, it has always meant 1/2/3/4 for whatever your working sets are. That could of course vary a lot, but generally people who are at that level of lifting are doing training with sets of 5-10 for 3-5 sets, so for the most part there isn't much of a difference. 1/2/3/4 is just an arbitrary point of "proficiency" though so it doesn't really matter anyway.

exterminate

Hnnng

5x5. It's easy enough to hit 1/2/3/4 with 1RM

Is 1/2/3/4 even that balanced?

Most people have underdeveloped legs (skipping leg day) and a lot of people don't even do deadlifts

Veeky Forums (and most lifting forums) are full of overweight manlets so the squat is imbalanced.

1 and 2 are booboo shit, any curlbro with a decent chest can do those for at least a single. The bigger guys do a fair deal more. Meanwhile almost nobody except BIG guys squat 3 or dead 4. Dead can be more of a dice roll as I've seen some lanklets with long arms doing big numbers, but just in general. 3 and 4 is much more impressive than 1 or 2.
I'd say a GENERALLY more balanced one would be 1/2/2.5/3.5, unless you're strictly going for powerlifting/strength training.

I hit 3 plate squat a few months before I hit 2 plate bench and no one would consider me a big guy. I think it just depends on what you used to do before you lifted and what muscles are just naturally stronger.

It's not balanced for me.

1 plate OHP: Can do it but it's hard.
2 plate Bench: Still a ways off, can maybe put up 205.
3 plate Squat: No problem, can do more than this.
4 plate Deadlift: Still way off, it's about as strong as my squat.

3p Squat and 4p Deadlift is a pretty big disparity imo.

Reminds me of the scene in hellboy where he breaks off his horns

>BIG guys squat 3 or dead 4
pls change

Yes
But it pisses off the permabulkers and some extreme roiders.

caress

anzu

I don't care if that's a boy or not. I would tear that limb from limb in a brutal sexual frenzy

Pet

For me
Can't do 1pl8 OHP for 1rm. Injured my shoulder a while back and I guess it's not 1p0% in that direction yet
2pl8 bench is easy for reps even with my shoulder
3pl8 squat is hard but can do for about half as many reps as a normal set
4pl8 dl was easy and the first I hit for working sets