Well guess what, fuckers. Reached 1pl8 squat today after one month of going to the gym, 3 times a week

Well guess what, fuckers. Reached 1pl8 squat today after one month of going to the gym, 3 times a week.

And want to know something crazy?
I'm natty. :^)

lol come back when you can do
1/1/1/2 for reps

3x5 ;^)
Woulda done even more, til failure but there's no squat rack here. ;)

There has been nothing more liberating than realizing the uselessness of squatting more than 2pl8 for reps.

Seriously, what the duck do people squat so much for? I was right at 300lbs and dropped to 225 for sets of 10-12 reps.

Legs started looking better and my joints feel much better.

Please, somebody tell me what the point of squatting heavy is.

I'm honestly addicted to gaining. My current squat max is 495 lbs and I feel like I can't stop without giving up something I've invested a lot of effort into. I've already got my sights set on 545.

What's your bench now?

50 kg. But I've been doing small increments and started almost with the empty bar.

Congrats, dude. Keep at it

Fucking same dude. Your membership card for the Beastly Natty Club is in the mail. Don't let the roiders get you down lad

Too bad I can relate, reached 1pl8 lately but I'm more concerned about the strength and of course size of my shoulders, life's going to be hard in the Nattyville.

Remember to bring flowers to your knees tombstone.

>lifting 3 times a week for two months
>still only at 115 lb squat

Aaayyy fuck me

your form is shit fix it and eat more goddamn food

Am I missing a meme here or something? I have to be, no one actually gloats about 1 plate. Even the people I work with that barely begin to work out start at 1 plate naturally.

yes this is a meme thread

i'm about to hit 3pl8 for reps, should i keep going or back off and train for higher reps?

Ok

HOW IS HE GENERATING THIS MUCH POWER?
IT'S UNREAL

I've gained like 15 pounds in those two months though

Form is probably shit, though. My groin area kind of hurts when I squat. I got these long-ass legs and need to spread 'em wide, it feels

started at 1pl8 squat but 75lbs bench, now I'm at 1pl8 squat and bench after 3 months

feet shoulder width-ish apart
turn feet 30 degrees
take a deep breath, hold, flex your abs and lower back
bend hips and knees at same time
your knees should extend in the direction of your feet
break parallel
go back up

Higher reps seems a safer bet, should give you more of a comfort zone for more weight too.

Why would you put me down like that? Are you not proud of me, user? Aren't... aren't we all gonna make it? ;_;