No motivation to go to the gym

>No motivation to go to the gym
>Go anyway
>Workout is always shit, no matter how much I try and hype myself up, take pre-workout etc.
>Can't sleep properly, keep waking up at night
>Don't even feel like eating, have to force myself to eat, have a big plate of stake and potatoes in front of me and I've taken two bites in the last hour

What do you guys do when you feel like absolute shit, Veeky Forums? How do you get yourself back on it? I'm losing all of my gains.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ij5CYIfR4_M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because I thought it would make my life better.

It didn't.

I'm turning 24 soon, 3 years of lifting - my life is absolute garbage and I could just disappear.

I fight against my thoughts. If my thoughts are negative and I ask myself

"why even continue?"

I fight those thoughts back and I do anything to scare them away

I think of my mom and why she had brought me into this world. She did not bring me to this world for me to be a whiny bitch. I am here to fulfill a certain task, and being a little cunt is definitely not the one.

fight against your mind user. Get fucking aggressive. Don't let it win against you.

Do you have the one user remade? With a better typeface.

You need a holiday. Go traveling somewhere for a few months. A working holiday if you can't afford it

When I feel down like this I personally just go jogging for two miles and then sit back and listen to dadrock.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ij5CYIfR4_M

is a good mix. You're probably more into a slump about your life more so than actually working out or weight lifting. Try changing things up a little bit. Also if you're drinking or ingesting a lot of caffeine I'd probably cut back on that as well. Don't worry, user, life will always make you feel like shit due to repetition. Constantly trying to find another thing to drive you makes you experience that much less.

You need to put some fucking purpose in your life. Passion. Do something worthwhile. Do something to make the world a better place. There's a lot of fucked up stuff going on in this world. Go take a fucking stand against that. Lift for yourself and fight for everyone else. Only by balancing those two things can you really be fulfilled as a person.

The lack of sleep is chronic?

Same here,yesterday i tried to workout and i end up doing 2 sets of squats and leaving with tears in my eyes.I dont know what the fuck happened,i just had like inner conflict with negative thoughts and i couldnt force myself to do it

Thanks man

Different user here, but how do I find a purpose or a passion?

I'm a 21 year old minimum wage slave and I dropped out of community college. Couldn't fucking stand being there. I don't want to work a menial job my whole life, I want to feel important or like I'm needed.

same her havent gone lifting since... 2 months again

Not OP though. I did my bachelors in a field I have no interest in anymore and I only a couple of shifts a week as a dishwasher at a hotel. I don't have any career ambitions other than to stop feeling sad all the time desu. I sleep well and eat healthy in addition to lifting.

>No motivation to go to the gym
>Go anyway
>Workout is always shit, no matter how much I try and hype myself up, take pre-workout etc.
>Can't sleep properly, keep waking up at night
>Don't even feel like eating, have to force myself to eat, have a big plate of stake and potatoes in front of me and I've taken two bites in the last hour

It was pretty much the same for me. I decided to hop on gear and nothing has changed (besides my weight and strength)

The key is to stop living purely for yourself. Stop thinking about what you can do to improve your own life. Start thinking about what you can do to improve the world. In doing so, you will naturally improve your own life too.
Look at all the fucked up stuff going on in the world. Find an issue you are really passionate about. It doesn't fucking matter what issue. Have a problem with the central banks controlling everything? Unjust wars of aggression? Ecological destruction? Factory farming? Government overreach? Censorship? Denial of the right to keep and bear arms? Pick some issue that makes you really, really fucking mad. And then do all you can to fight against that. Fight it with all you've fucking got. Put your life into it. Then you'll be doing something that you know is meaningful. You can take up some hobby or passion for yourself but then you'll just get bored of it eventually. Go this route instead and it will be something you'll never get bored of because it's something that has objective meaning, something that affects others, not only yourself. Not only will the world be better off for it, but you'll be a hell of a lot better off for it to. Just imagine the world we could live in if even 1% of people thought this way. Think of how much you can ACCOMPLISH with your life if you put your entire fucking life into something that's important to you. First you have to get mad, really fucking mad, about some issue in the world. Then go all in to put an end to it.

I assume you are but if different user, this applies to you as well.

>spend entire childhood in deep depression
>get meds
>they dont work
>get new meds
>still doesnt work
>one more try
>works
and thats the story of how i dont feel bad almost ever anymore. you should really try it if the problem persists.

Low test

We motiviational thread now.

my motivation went down since my breakup, second one with the same girl

>relying on medication instead of your own will and passion to overcome depression
Fuck that. Don't be that fucking weak and pathetic.

I'll sit down with a notebook and write down what think are my problems. Once i see the problems in a piece of paper I try to find the solution for them. Sounds dumb but it help me go through tough times.

>t. someone without depression
Do whatever lets you continue to function.

Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around. Live in the moment, try to enjoy life and avoid becoming bitter. This is a gross over simplification but will point you in the right direction.

Nah I had severe doctor-diagnosed depression. Refused medication because despite severe depression I still had a little self-respect, did basically what this user said and now I'm happy as fuck with my life.

LETS FUCKING GO EXTREMELY PISSED OFF WORKOUT MODE ACTIVATE

What do you do to change the world?

Too many (You)'s to hand out so just gonna speak my mind.

Volunteer. Go to a pet shelter or a kids daycare or nursing home and put in 3 hours per week helping other people, it makes you feel like your life is worth a shit. If you're anything like me, you'll end up loving it and apply for a job, then end up pursuing a career in the field if you have no other occupational ambitions.

Yeah this is definitely a good route. You could go the route of volunteering, activism, lobbying, getting involved in political groups or think tanks, you could be a speaker and give speeches about issues you find important at universities and such, you could travel the world speaking and motivating others to better the world in regards to whatever issue you are passionate about, etc

What is that guy and what is that picture from?

World of Warcraft.

Sounds like maybe real mental health issues, see a therapist.

different user here

thinking about the world, how unfair it is and the grand scheme of things only makes me even more depressed

what makes it even worse is that I have no real reason to be depressed

game of thrones

>Think of how much you can ACCOMPLISH with your life if you put your entire fucking life into something that's important to you.

I care about weightlifting and starting to "REALLY CARE ABOUT IT" is a bit late at 24 when the good lifters all start when they're teenagers.

Show those young punks what's up dude

>thinking about the world, how unfair it is and the grand scheme of things only makes me even more depressed
That's because you're not doing anything about it. It might seem overwhelming when looking at all of it so pick a specific issue and go fucking fight for your beliefs and values. Look at past leaders who made great change in the world, endeavor to be like them. Godhood awaits the worthy.

Even girls half my age and weight lift the same as me.

The power of the Sei Sei Morty, it is the Sei Sei and it has c-ch-BURRRRPS-chosen you Morty.

>missing the point of the post

Important. You can obviously still be depressed after cutting all this stuff out, but don't be surprised if you're depressed while still doing these things.

Go to a doctor

You could be depressed in which case medication will probably help (sometimes you have to try a few different meds). There are also a number of physiological conditions that could contribute to symptoms like this; a blood test would be a good idea

guy on meds here. i believe you and believe its possible for most people to do shit like that through massive action. the thing is i was also a schizo and had a massive psychotic episode. they put me in a hospital, forced me to take medication, and then put me in with other schizos for like a month before i got released. so basically some people do need medication to function. your belief that taking meds is un honorable or whatever is a bit silly. you would take medicine for things that i dont have to worry about. This doesnt mean your ailment is imaginary

best advice here. our thoughts can be our worst enemies sometimes.

>medication will probably help
Not as much as putting purpose and passion into your life. And that comes without the fucked up side effects of drugs.

This is textbook depression. Go to the doctors

Unfortunately a lack of passion for things and a lack of sense of purpose are textbook symptoms of depression... Of course if OP can find passion or purpose that's great and will probably make him feel a lot better but it's rarely that easy for people woth moderate or severe depression. Medication can seem like an "easy way out" but.... If you're depressed why the fuck would you not take an easy way out? Does anyone actually want to be depressed? If you can alleviate the depression by medication it will be VASTLY easier to return to enjoying life, having a sense of purpose, and to make lasting changes that will lower the chance of falling into depression again.

Side effects aren't a given, generally people end up trying a few different medications at different dosages to find the best balance of benefit and side effects.

Cringe

this. if you think you're getting real motivation from pictures on Veeky Forums you're a fucking dolt

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worthwhile. Do you want to be dependent on drugs that just cover up the underlying depression or do you want to TRULY overcome it the hard, meaningful way?

Anyone got the pic that says shup up and train and its literally a pic of a train

Like I said, the drugs facilitate changing your habits, lifestyle, and attitude. Generally people who have been depressed for a while (1 year+) are perfectly aware of their lack of purpose, passion etc, they just can't find any way to regain it (and are also often sick of people telling them that they "just need to find something they really love" or whatever). Most people don't stay on them for life (a year or two is fairly typical).

Goodfellas.

Gregg Plitt might have it

If you're going to try, otherwise, go all the way. don't even start.

OP, there is a reason for all of this. think about it.
take a break, find the issues and start solving them from the easiest to the most difficult ones.
if nothing works go to a doctor, it may be depression
you can make it, OP

This pic stopped me from fapping, thanks user

For real I was fapping like 2 times a week, then I gave in and went back to old habbits. There is definitely a noticeable difference of not fapping all the time.

you have to be more confident OP just be yourself

Feeling Good-David Burns

The medicine gives you a life without the tendency to over-react, be anxious, and be affected less by stressful events. It gives you an opportunity to think. Meds do not ever cure depression, just supress it enough so people can realize that there is a different life behind the dark haze that the medicine temporarily rid. That is why you see those who are truly fucked up and getting higher doses of meds desiring and received ng but never disciplining themselves towards actually living the life without meds and its side effects.

Meds give depressed people a goal. It takes as much willpower to overcome severe depression on a heavily medicated person, as a person with mild or short-term depression. It's just up to the user to ultimately decide, when given insight into a worry free life, if theyd like to continue that way of life and eventually thinking

you're a faggot

what if yourself is a gay autistic nigger

>tfw i literally do all of those except drinking and pills
I can't believe it took a shitty jpg on a zimbabwean cymbal emporium to put that into perspective.

tekken

define "garbage"?

Sounds like depression user.

On this topic I just started prozac for the first time.
Got too close to actually necking it so I decided to actually go seek help.
We're all gonna make it anons.

Amateur!
>27
>lifting since 2009
>still lift and force myself to do it
>doing cardio only for now because sprain shoulder
>next week I'll be back at it
>lift through depression,fat as fuck still permabulk however lift still
we gonna make it senpai

why that nigger got jeans on the treadmill

stop being a little bitch and dig deep, turn your sadness into anger and channel it to lift some heavy shit, good music helps too

I felt the same way. I got a job where I was important, irreplaceable. This also meant I was always there. Always dealing with the stressful situations and help was delayed to those that needed it the most. It cracked me over time. I wished for nothing but the most menial again.

And I'm actually doing that now. I work as a system administrator. I basically look at four different assembly lines, six different computers and a workflow chart and fix any of them that seem off. And I'm generally not the one that even fixes them, but rather reports them.

I'm completely unneeded. I work Mon-Fri. I get to see my family this labor day weekend and I get to sleep at night.

Do I get the same amount of respect when I get a haircut and they ask what I do? No. But I can live with myself again.

If you want an easy way to get into a important line of work, becoming an EMT-B is easy. Wasn't my path, but I kinda just fell into mine. You can become an EMT in a semester at community college or even less. Do that and see if you can handle it, and if you can, you can do a whole lot more.

Romy and Michele's High School Reunion

The Suite Life of Zack & Cody

Thumbnail of your pic looks like an emu lola

Fucking all of this. Do not live to work. "Irreplacable" means "Unpromotable".

>relying on some fucking medication to overcome a sickness

Depression is literally an imbalance of chemicals in your head. Especially if you have been that way since a child. Meds didn't work for me, but im glad to hear user is doing better. Telling someone to not be weak becuase of a gentitic illneas is fucking retarded. We are not taking about "ohhh my girls left me i feel sad" but "I haven't seen the meaning in life since I was 9 years old." Do you know how fucking draining that is. Fuck you pussy, for even putting a shred pf doubt in his head that he's doing the right thing you're a piece of shit.

>tfw when I got more warts, infections, and other problems after going to the gym than gains
>tfw I have an infection in my bellybutton right now that won't go away
>tfw my self esteem has dropped even lower
>tfw I wasted over 1000€ in gym subscriptions, supplements and medicines and got nothing in return
>tfw I didn't get any female attention but I got multiple faggots testing me in the locker room

Type I diabetics are pussies for using insulin.
>this is how retarded you sound

Now ask yourself, are you a man?

I know this is not /r, but does anyone of you have the motivational image of the antique statue with a text that goes something like this: "the body is the breathing image of ones self respect"?

Thanks anons!!

Go, and lift!

sometimes all i really want are friends. I feel alone. but then i remember that nobody ive met is really ever on the same page as me and all subscribe to the "lets go drinking and clubbing and smoke weed sex sex sex" mentality. Youre all i have Veeky Forums

Godspeed to us, fellow user!

weed. just dont overdo it

This but include anime because it most closely approaches the platonic form of friendship