Lifting Shoes

How big of a difference do lifting shoes make in the squat? I seem to be OK on depth but just wondering if maybe it allows me to get in a better position as far as butt wink etc. I also have a slipped disc so wondering if these will be better long term with back issues etc.

If so, what are some cheap but good shoes (sales etc). Not really looking to drop $150 on these bitches.

no difference at all.

No real difference. Get a pair of chucks or cheap flat shoes and you're good.

Recently got a pair of romaleos after logging in flats for years. Felt an immediate huge benefit and hit a pr. They might not be useful for everyone but for taller guys like myself they can be hugely useful.

Lifting* lol

Listen to him.

It's pretty damn useful if you wanna hit a good depth on high bar squat and you've long ass legs, like meself.

I don't have one anymore, so I just went low bar and will keep doing them till I buy another one.

That's the only benefit, tho.

Wait until black friday or amazon prime day. I got a pair of adida powerlift 3s for $40. Unfortunately they are lime green kek

This, I picked up Chucks and they're great

They do make a difference, not just with the heel height but also with the added stability.

I wear powerlift 3's when I squat lowbar and adipowers when I squat highbar and front.

I'm short but I think that squat shoes (got romaleo 2's) are just SO much more comfy to squat and dead lift in

huge difference

it depends on your biomechanics

if you have really tight hamstrings/calves/achilles and struggle to keep your heel planted they will make a fairly big difference. if you have a perfect squat form itll make barely any

if you squat over 3pl8 they might be useful, if you squat over 5pl8 definitely buy a pair.
Otherwise you're just wasting money.

Bright colors are the Chad shade.

that's fucking stupid

what difference does the weight make?

Go barefoot and lower yourself into a squat position with a relatively straight back. How low do you get?

Chances are your ankle dorsiflexion sucks and while you should absolutely mobilize the area, lifting shoes help tremendously. In addition to the angle, they do help with stability.

You're retarded.

Dont deadlift in squat shoes what the fuck are you thinking reeeeeeeeeeeee

Lies

Everyone telling you not to worry about it and that olympic lifting shoes don't make a different is an emotionally driven manchild who formed and opinion in 5 seconds based on an emotional reaction.

Olympic shoes make a noticeable difference for just about anyone who knows what they are doing. If you're expecting miracles, then you of course are being unrealistic. Shoes will not make you stronger, but put you in a better position objectively.

Any posts that reply to me with disagreements are by pathetic manlets who will be gassed.

They also make it easier on your patellar tendon.

Really helped with my depth and are great for front squatting.

I think you should answer his question. (you can't cause you are retarded)

Are there any circumstances where the shoes has negative impact on the squat form do a persons leverages?

My experience is that i use less glute and hamstrings during low squats when i squat with shoes and i prefer doing lowbar squats without as i liked how my hams and glute got properly activated. The shoes removed this.

Clueless

Not an argument

These but kinda beat. Comfiest shoe i've ever worn except maybe ultra runs

They're necessary for high bar squats and Olympic styled lifting.

Powerlifters typically prefer chucks for low bar squatting and deadlifting (oly shoes make it harder to pull off the floor because it creates a tiny deficit).