Carbage

Can we have a real talk about carbs? We receive so much mixed info about them. Some say never eat them. Others say eat as many as you like. What is the truth?

Stopped eating carbs and that "stubborn" fat on my body finally started to disappear -- the kind of stubborn fat that seems only actual starvation would make it disappear

If you have that stubborn fat then you should cut till it dissappears. After that you can have as many carbs as long as you don't exceed caloric intake and gain weight.

Just dont gorge on them like a fat pos and you'll be fine. There's no need to go all or nothing

But can you optimize your fitness by avoiding them?

Carbs aren't necessary. However cutting carbs and low carb diets are practically the stupidest fucking thing you can do if you are doing resistance training. Carbs are very anabolic and protein sparing. If you're so scared of carbs (which you shouldn't be) then carb cycle. Time your carbs accordingly to your training, and eat less on your test days. Also, on a general basis, all carbs are pretty much the same but you will find that complex carbs give you longer energy levels and simple carbs are more of an acute energy with a crash. If you are planning on lifting heavy a certain day and are eating carbs to plan for that training day, eat complex carbs the night before and if you want eat something like a pop tart or simple carbohydrate pre workout.

Inb4 keto fags jimmies rustled.

carbs spike insulin. insulin spikes will make you hungrier sooner and likely less prone to physical exertion. the severity of the spike is measured with the glycaemic index. there's no good evidence carbs are inherently bad for you, but they do correlate strongly with fatness, malnutrition, bad teeth, etc etc. if you eat high amounts of carbs (particularly table sugar - sweets, coke) when trying to lose weight expect to have to put more effort in, if only to stop yourself from overeating, even when being strict with CICO. ketosis is a meme.

No

carbs 100-150g
Protein 200-300g
Fats 80-100g

These are arbitrary numbers that I anecdotally swear by with no evidence to support my claim that it is the best balance of nutrition.

No. If you plan on gaining strength/size without carbs then you're spinning your wheels. Same but to a lesser degree with cutting, you can cut doing low carb or keto but idk why you would when you can cut just as efficiently eating a good amount of carbs to maintain strength and performance as you're in a deficit. Carbs are good

Cutting out carbs put you in a calorie deficit.

If you're an athlete, eat carbs. If you're going for a long-term lifestyle that doesn't involve crunching numbers every meal, realize that eating ANYTHING in excess is bad and all unused calories be it protein, carbs, or fats it gets turned into fat stored in the body as excess fat regardless of what the calorie originated from.

>Some say never eat them. Others say eat as many as you like. What is the truth?

Both. Never (or rarely) eat processed carbs. Eat plenty of wholesome carbs.

The only thing that makes it confusing is that too many people use the word "carbs" with no clarification as to what food they're referring to. The word describes a lot of different foods, some of which are good for you and some of which are bad. A bowl of white bean soup or some roasted sweet potato are great things to eat. Donuts and candy aren't.

Carbs are not bad. High glyemic index carbs are definitely not good though.

You need all 3 macros to be healthy and perform well. Every body is different, but carbs shouldn't ever be below 20% of calories long term.

Donuts are not carbs, they are high-fat low-carb

This thread is already retarded based on the OP image alone.

>High glyemic index carbs are definitely not good though.
No good evidence for such a claim exists.

i read an interview with "the most shredded man in the world" (dubious yes, but it was some italian guy with the most shredded body i've ever seen) and he eats like 8 slices of bread a day

i eat lots of carbs because fiber

Either you reduced your calories that way by quite a bit or you simply lost some water weight

I think it tells you right there in the sticky

>Donuts are not carbs, they are high-fat low-carb
>This thread is already retarded based on the OP image alone.
Lots of donuts = lots of carbs faggot

Count the donuts, you'll know I'm right

If you eat healthy carbs (grains, fruits and veggies), you shouldn't be too worried. If you eat refined sugar and sweets, drink soda, then you are gonna find it hard to lose weight and your insulin spikes will go crazy.

Did you replace the calories form those carbs with protein or fat? Or just went on a calorie deficit?

>chocolate melting off doughnut because they're either old or hot
>fruit loops on doughnuts
yuck

It's called water weight you fucking retard

1 donut still has more carbs than 1 sweet potato, and the carbs from the donuts are mostly sugars while the sweet potato has more complex carbs with it that make you feel satiated. Also, you are more likely do binge on donuts than on potatoes. \

AND high glycemic index means a higher spike in insulin which makes your body store fat at a higher rate

>glycemic index

You hit it on the spot