Help. Nothing grows them. What the fuck do I do

Help. Nothing grows them. What the fuck do I do.

Every guy that gives you tips on getting bigger calves either were born with them or are bodybuilders, no exceptions.

Toe shoes

calf ext. 45kg 10r 3s x4 a week

eat big

become obese

be fat for a year and then cut

Overload the shit out of them then overeat while massaging them and whispering tender and salacious things to your kneecaps

walk up a steep slope everyday all day for a year you fucking pussy

holy fuck, you're like a male chun li

circus freak

Bird legged tall guy here. My trainer had me doing seated calf raises to warm up every session. After getting used to them always being a little sore, they actually started to get some size. Don't even notice it now. Once your legs are used to it, they can be trained often and hard. Obviously just don't go overboard, respect your joints.

sry for being off topic but im loving your bulge :)

>browse Veeky Forums
>develops Asperger's
>start walking on your toes like Aspies do
>get monster calves

hike with a pack, wear minimalist shoes. I'm assuming you wear normie shoes and don't make your ankle do anything when you're walking. Calves are built on uneven terrain. Large padded shoes act as a cast on your foot, make your ankle do very little work (we walk mainly on perfectly flat terrain) and wonder why your calves don't grow. don't be dumb

it's also a great way to get out of the house, and make friends. Go to a national park, load up 40-50lbs, and hike a few miles in minimalist shoes

do 3 sets of 100 barefoot bodyweight calf raises EVERYDAY. and at the end of your deadlift session halve your DL weight and do calf raises while holding the bar until failure.

i'll bet you $1,000 they get noticeably bigger. they did for me.

I don't see how this could possibly not work. It's simulating being a fat guy, it has to work. No one fucking does it though, they use seated calf raises at the gym and do 3 sets of 25 bouncing. I feel like dropping a 45 on their head when i see that

>get on elliptical
>set to strongest tension
>imagine a cheetah running at you
>run faster
>rest
>repeat

enjoy your big calves

Walk. I had small calves and changed jobs. I've been walking 9-10 hours a day for the last year, have done no other leg work or cardio worth speaking of, and yet my calves have exploded. If I was doing cardio all along on top of calf work, they'd be something to write home about. The main point I'm making is you have to overload them. Humans evolved to run, and running is an enormous amount of calf work. Unlike other muscles, they just won't respond to anything but work overload. More weight will help only as much as more work will.

Train like a tennis player. Look at the mens top 10 players. They all have big calves. They're constantly sprinting back and forth, and bouncing on the balls of their feet.

I just moved to the city a few weeks ago and my calves havee noticeably increased. I'm walking over 50 miles a week now just to transport myself and a lot of it is uphill.

Do actual cardio. Run.

Woah woah woah

Walk on your tippy toes. I knew a guy that always walked on his toes, his calves were fucking giant

honestly, people do not train them enough.

A normal training session that you use for any other part of the body, is something a calve muscle does not even register.

Calves are extremly dense muscles, because they are used a lot. On the top of that they also have the least androgen receptors (together with forearms). The only way to schock them is to really exhaust them.

I personally do 500 bw calfraises every single day, and they are sore every day. There is not a moment I do not have them feel pumped or sore, and this is what has brought them to initially grow. Now I can say they are out of that initial stubborn phase and respond good to higher weight training, at the beginning that was not the case. I saw a lot of gym goers put plates on their calf-raise machines and then do jumping or half-extensions since the calves are too wake to do a single full rep, thinking that will stimulate growth, no it won't, the actual muscle tension happens ONLY on the full extension, namely the last couple of inches, the rest is the tendon doing the work.

tl;dr: if you don't have them sore every day, you are not training them enough

Only correct post.

High volume calf work

3x12-18 for two separate exercises

Chun-li has thicc calves, the fuck you talking about?

Cycling works your calves, good for cardio and doesn't fuck up your knees like running. Pic very related.

Keep 1 thing in mind though: there is a certain level of genetic predisposition in calf development, so there is no unlimited potential.

Good luck brother!

>start running 2-3 times a week
>calves go from 37cm to 39 in 4 months
Are you even trying?

High frequency, high volume, HEAVY ass weights. Don't do any of that squeezing bullshit when you train calves. Train that shit HARD and they will grow, without exception.

Stilettos... Wear em.

>Calves are extremly dense muscles, because they are used a lot. On the top of that they also have the least androgen receptors (together with forearms).

Exactly this and the "genetic component" people are talking about when they speak about calves are the androgen receptors. These receptors bind testosterone that stimulates proteinsynthesis (aka muscle growth occures)

Most people have a higher count of androgen receptors in their upper body than their lower body, it is biologically common, the V-shape. By some people it is however reversed, these people have more androgen receptors in their legs than their upper body, their legs seem to grow without them doing any particular training, but their upper body is always lagging and very hard to develope.

The second thing is, some people have very short tendons (picrelated) mostly not so tall people and also asians, this is biologically a bad thing, since people are used to hunt their prey by running them tired, large tendons are perfect for this since they store kinetic energy and release it with ease. However those with short tendons have the advantage of the gastrocnemius and soleus having to grow in order to compensate for that lacking. They would never be good runners, but they'll have big calves.

Grow grow grow

>try doing weighted calf raises
>arch of feet hurts a fuck ton

Only?

2cm in 4 months?

So what would happen if i was pinnng test, but pinned calves equal amounts of test? Since it's interesting my body from there, would the receptors receive more test there than other places and this make them grow larger?

when will calflets ever learn

>bike 5 days a week
>calves are still tiny

When you have some many people suggesting different methods confidently for something with a strong genetic component...

this, how do I stop the pain?

THANK MR ANTICALF OR YOU'LL BE CURSED FOR ALL CALF GAINS

progressive overload like any other muscle and volume; maybe use a bit higher reps and stop training your goddamn thighs and ass so much to even out your proportions unless you're a competitive powerlifter or some other kind of fag who needs to squat heavy all the time

Holy kek cant stop laughing. You look like Shaco without pants.
A human chicken

yeah just like traps right brah? yea just use light weights and squeeze em bro :--DDD ha theyre all genetic anyway haha

>m-muh genetics

If on test, your muscles with most androgen receptors would explode, shoulders upper body in general. Your calves would also grow, but you would have to hit them more.

The prime example of this is Arnold, he himself stated that his calves were tinny, he was born with genetically thin calves (long tendon), so he had to hit them in the gym more than any other body part.

Ok bros, here's the deal. I am a calflet like any of you, and since I am determined not to be one, I train my calves everyday untill failure and soreness. This with enough protein intake, has resulted in a half a cm of growth per two weeks. Meaning that I gain a cm in a month.

>Meaning that I gain a cm in a month.
I could live with that

Good reason why I suggested training like a tennis player. Their lower legs get worked harder than just about any other sport.

Someone post their fucking progress else I ain't believing any of you shits !!!!!

this is bullshit

t. ex-fatty with chicken calves

Bicycling, incline running, jump squats, sprints, etc. Fuck calf isolation it won't do shit.

i remember reading something like this on t-nation a few years ago, he was saying that it's based on ballet dancers who have wicked calves and they need ridiculous reps to get any gains

Everyone's leg goals should be amateur wrestler legs

>you will never have eric bugenhagen's masculine and meaty chad legs and ass

jdimsa

>tons of explosive reps everyday
I wonder how they could be getting gains, must be genetics

lamo u retard, just look how ridiculous you look

You were fat because you at a lot and were nearly 100% sedentary.

Active fatties and or athletic fatties always have tank calves and ridiculous legs after they slim down.

active people in general, we are all sedentary

Cool opinion bro. I got a pretty decent calves just by doing calf raises a month or so.

But, hey, not gonna break your bubble Schlomo Excusesberg.

>I got a pretty decent calves
how much did they grow, from 12'' to 13'' kek

Active and athletic fatties are carrying anywhere from 30-100+ pounds of excess fat on top of having a very good

A thing some dude I know did and you could was, if you got a treadmill at home, walk on it 90 minutes per day or so while doing something else like watching a movie or listening to a podcast or something alike.

Even better if it's one of these treadmills that can change the inclination, because walking uphill will do wonders for your posture too. Not saying it's the fastest way to get huge calves, but you'll get them anyways and it's an activity that will make your whole body better instead an isolation exercise like calf raises.

If you do it every day it'll change your life I can assure you that. You'll look pretty good compared to the sedentary zombies.

>from 12'' to 13''
>measuring circumference in arc second
>american education

Do calf raises at the top of your Deadlifts or when you're racking up after your rows easy money babyyy

british

>The inch (abbreviation: in or ″) is a unit of length in the (British) imperial and United States customary systems

I can confirm this, though I got slim by doing tons of biking and walking, so it could be also for that.

Genetics is the excuse I use when I don't want other people doing what it took me so much effort to do.

It also is self flattery, convincing others you're naturally beautiful or fit looks better than telling them how hard you've actually tried until you got it right. Pretty much the same as with the neck and facial structure thing, it changes, and you can change it a lot, but you're better off having other people believe you were born just like that.

But most of these neck pics are edits, like the one you posted

Go for a run you fuckwit

stop being a faggot realise that having good leg muscular may be a pre-requiste for being the best tennis player in the world.
Plus you have coach potatoes with bigger calves than any of them

Look up david laid, tell him that its not genetics

this

when you don't see that all of the posts had one thing in common: you must use them more.