/diy/ made fun of my homemade bench :(

/diy/ made fun of my homemade bench :(

Time stamp

tetanus/10

I thought it was nice, I saw your thread a couple of hours ago and showed my brother. He said it looked a little odd but is still pretty cool.

It looks good but i'd be scared of those shoddy looking pipes holding all that weight over my head tbqh pham.

I didn't have the money for a real bench then, and I started working out again so I'm willing to spend the cash, any recommended brands/benches?

If the snapped neck doesn't kill him, the tetanus will.

jk op if it works and you feel safe, be proud of what you built

at least wrap the bar in tape or something ffs

They are 2 inch galvanized steel pipes, it's way more solid then it looks.

I don't load more than 150lbs on it to be safe especially since I have no spotter.
so right now my gains are stunted till I get real equipment & start eating better.

checked
I thought the tetanus shot I got as a kid covered that?

Tetanus shots are recommended every ten years.

Scrape the rust off a bit and tremclad might be less work and better result.

should've used wood for the whole build, also no space for a spotter and no safeties
>rip

>the one situation where lifting gloves are a good decision

what your spotter doesn't cowgirl you?

>no sawhorse safeties

>just realized i put g instead of diy in the link
holy fuck im stupid

I'll just put some tape on it

I'm not going over 150lbs right now, but one of the few times I did and got stuck, i just tilt dropped the weights off ez-pz

>this is the kind of people that call me cuck when i point out that billionaires don't need tax cuts

/diy/ can really be a bunch of cunts. If it's safe and functional and gets the job done for you then who cares what anyone thinks? You weren't making fine furniture for your home or some shit, it's tools to get a job done.

>browsing Veeky Forums
>not being a cunt

>Local man killed by homemade plumbing assisted suicide device

fuck the haters amirite? #swag #yolo #mgtow

>If it's safe
It's not. Probably has something to do with why they're being "haters".

You've gone and built a delayed suicide machine, gj.
You say you've had it for two years and outside, that wood is going to be weakening and it'll give way soon enough - are termites or other wood eating little bastards in your area as well? You need to replace your barbell with something new and then give it an anti rust painting, look into replacnig the base of your platform and for the love of god make yourself some safety rails so you don't kill yourself.

>local man killed in freak plumbing accident
>was heard screaming about lightweight peanuts moments before a loud crash

Just kidding. Pretty neat.