squat: from 135 to 315(225x20though)

>my waist size didnt go up
>my calves went from 36cm to 38cm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/t02G-YP5Z0o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

5/3/1 sucks

anecdote: no gains for 6 months

lifting for 3 years. in my third year i injured myself playing sports. after rehab i went by feel and was hyper aware of what i could do and decided to never even try to get close to max.

I made more gains this year by feel than i ever did from following a program.

I keep some of the bigger concepts in mind about balancing muscle groups but i'm very focused on what my tendons and ligaments will do and mostly stick to that.

I won't be an olympic athlete but I also don't plan on contemplating if I'm going to drown or not because I'm trying to get my left shoulder back in the socket while surfing. :(

If you have been lifting for more than 2 years, you missed your chance to LP fast as fuck.

how do i look like eric bros

>squat: from 135 to 315(225x20though)
Try hitting depth sometime

My abs were always terrible, until I started keeping them tensed on pretty much every single exercise I do, even bicep curls or rear delt flies on a machine

youtu.be/t02G-YP5Z0o

Eric said i can do it so i did it

>that comment from the god himself

ur gonna make it bro

intra abdominal pressure

Former obese people who tended to walk around a lot or were fairly active always always ALWAYS have tank as fuck calves and ridiculous leg definition when they slim down.

Always.

this is exactly what ive been doing for 2 years since i got an ingunal hernia and im making gains fast

autoregulation is the shit, prpblem is subjective observations can diminish you gains

thats where velocity based training comes handy

fuck off shitley why don't you go get btfo by supermong again

>thinking autoregulation is somethnig new
There are even programs based on it. Look up the concept of RPE by RTS youll love it

5/3/1 isn't working for me either. Suggestions on what to do instead?

I find that many intermediate programs out there doesn't work. Or works but the progression is waaaaay too slow.

Then I decided to try Eric's style of training. I find it to be the best thing ever if your goal is to improve your strength in a certain lift and its variations and has no problems with some of your muscle groups left untrained. Nothing feels better than making new PRs every single day.

where did i say its something new

Eat more you fucking morons you don't make gains unless you eat

GALLON OF RAW GRASS FED WHOLE MILK A DAY and train Bulgarian
Also wrestle and blast heavy metal

5/3/injury is retarded get off it

Same here. Already put 20 lbs on my bench in a couple weeks. The top to focus on one lift at a time is really good.

I concur.

t. Formerly obese calf bro

Little volume + big eating = fatass
5/3/1 is by far the worst of the popular programs.

fuck off retard it's a shit program he could be eating 10k a day and he'd still stall fast

PPLPPLx is the best routine if you want a nice balance of aesthetics and strength.

Bro-split is good for aesthetics, but horrible for strength.

Full-Body is horrible for aesthetics, but good for strength.

t. Lifting for 15 years, have done everything, and have come to the above conclusion.

>Lifting for 15 years
>PPLPPLx is the best routine if you want a nice balance of aesthetics and strength.

Mind if I shoot some questions at you?

How old are you?
Do you ever run into overuse injuries or similar shit, and how do you deal with it?
How often do you rotate exercises?
How many sets do you do per day on PPLPPLx? How hard do you push those sets?

When you say low volume, are you referring to the old bare bones 5/3/1 or the newer version that includes joker sets and FSL?

How hard do you push your penis into your son's colon?

Are you mad that I'm curious about what another experienced lifter has been doing and how he's making it work?

I'm confused.

ye, same thing happened to me, my legs look disproportionately ripped compared to the rest of my body now

The length of your ring finger compared to your index finger indicates your test levels. It's actually due to the test you were exposed to in the womb and even correlates with penis size.
A long ring finger = high test.
Not entirely anecdotal however as there's science behind it.

No. Just calling you out on an unfathomably horrifying thing that you regularly do.

rusev matchka

>there's science behind it.
As far as I know, a couple of idiots documented this in mice.
There's a number of problems with this. First of all, it may be a fluke finding. Secondly, we dont know if it's true for humans. Thirdly, what does prenatal hormone levels say about your current hormone levels?

1. I'm 30.

2. Nope, never had an actual injury, I've only ever pulled one of my trap muscles while OHPing, but that was a very long time ago, a form issue, not an overuses issue, haven't had anything problem since, in-fact those trap strains happened when I was on Full-Body, not a PPL.

3. Simple, Push A starts with chest, Push B starts with shoulders, same logic with the Pull/Lower days.

A = Chest>Shoulder>Chest>Chest>Shoulder>Shoulder>Triceps
B = Shoulder>Chest>Shoulder>Shoulder>Chest>Chest>Triceps

I only do 3 sets per exercise, even on the low rep heavy sets of 5.

4. 18-24 sets per day. But only the first 12 sets are actually very hard/straining, the last 6-12 sets are easy work, which you can leave out if you don't have time on the day and have other shit to do.

I've been maxing out every workout with higher (5-12) rep drop sets for months now and I keep making gains.

Like I'll do bench and after warmup sets go 265x1 then 235x3-5 and then 225x5. Then later on I have incline or dips followed by OHP and I go 5-12 reps on them.

I'm adding around 2.5lbs to my bench per week doing this though it used to give around 5lbs/week up until 245.

>Thirdly, what does prenatal hormone levels say about your current hormone levels?
Okay so what was concluded was actually that ring-index finger relation was related to pre-natal hormone levels which in turn have been shown to affect your hormone levels later in life as well which is very much established reality.

doing more volume for deadlifts is okay guys
you can handle more than 1x5 i promise
you can do 3x3, 6x2, 4x4, whatever you want. it won't break your back and by deadlifting more you'll get used to deadlifting more and be able to handle more deadlifting
t. jewed by the 1x5 deadlift meme

I realize that the big 3 is a meme. And general strength is the way to go.

compounds are great, but if you really want a specific muscle to grow, you should isolate it. This especially applies to overall sections of your body. If you want bigger forearms, you should do a specific isolation exercise for your forearm flexors (wrist curls), forearm extensors (reverse wrist curls) and brachioradialis. If you want bigger legs/thighs, you want quads, hammies, and adductors getting at least some isolation.

weighted chins are enough for the biceps

the catch is you need to get stronk and do full rom(touch the bar every rep). Stronk as in benig able to do with 50% of your bw added for reps

I did curls for years and they barely grew, once i just focussed on weighted chins my biceps exploded

How did you go about it?

how much is your bw?

My dad lost a lot of weight but didn't do shit in terms of being super active like running or whatever and his calves are jacked. I lost a ton of weight and my calves just look like that of a small African child

5/3/1 has failed me too
I currently ran juggernaut method but i am cutting heavily so no major gains

how many reps and sets?

I second this.
I'm 85kg and can do chins with 40kg for 6 reps.
My arms blew up since i focused on pullups and chinups. Get strong and get big, it's that simple.

To add on this - I've seen shitload of people with pathetic arms doing slow and controlled mind muscle connection high volume curling bullshit.
I've never seen someone with small arms do heavy ass weighted pullups with full range of motion.

I recommend reverse pyramid sets if you wanna get strong af on chins. I use similiar scheme that's used in nSuns 531LP from reddit.

Any idea what belt he's using?

Eating 20g of olive oil every day drastically reduced the amount of acne on my back and overall.

Cardio while bulking makes me PR more frequently.

Traps are really gay.

Do something with more volume
Eat a lot
Actually gain weight

You will get gains no matter what your training looks like, as long as you work hard.

Drinking 4 liters of skim (whey reinforced) milk a day with some chocolate powder and eating nothing else gives me a lot of sex drive.
Not sure if it's the peptides and hormones in it.

I deadlift over 250kg and my waist is smaller than my girlfriend's (70cm).

My back is my best bodypart and I do literally nothing except pullups.

I got my squat from 150kg to 5x190kg on a bastardization of starting strength(3x5-5x5 twice a week), any other type of training doesn't seem to work well for my squats.