Why is it that fitness catters to losers?

I've had discussions with people at my gym.

Most of them work min-wage jobs (keep in mind I'm in France), or are straight up inactive.

Thew few guys i've had lengthy discussions with are legitimately dumb as fucking shit. It just shows in the way they talk, the way they look at you.

And then there are the niggers and arabs.

Even this board is chockful of NEETs and college dropouts, or other 'smart but lazy' introverts.

Why do all these people lift? Why not do team sports, or actually work?

Other urls found in this thread:

psmag.com/social-justice/half-lifts-workout-says-social-class-85221
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hijacking your gay ass thread for a test increase thread

>
Bump

there are certain groups of people who buy stuff. Competent adult male buys very little unnecessary items.
Women, wealthy insecure guys, guys who are losers.
these people spend

Weight-lifting is the domain of the working class, endurance is the domain of the middle and upper class. There are plenty of exceptions, especially for younger men, but that is the stereotype

I work in a middle-class professional organization with very highly educated people, and those men that exercise tend to focus on cardio. I can count on my hand the number of men that look like they lift weights.

I don't know why this it, though.

>that
>increasing test

Everyone knows that asian girls are gains goblins and will sap you of your testosterone and trick you into drinking soy until you are a pathetic little weeb faggot

>uguu desu nai~ don't go to the gym today user-kun! Stay in bedu with me and watch lucky star!

I went to a fancy school in the UK and all the super posh kids lifted weights because they all played rugby.

Because people who already have success work on maintaining it and increasing it in the avenues they are already successful in. Whereas the losers are desperate and will do whatever it takes to find success. If you are successful you will do cardio so you can live longer. If you are a loser you will lift weights so you can stop being a loser.

>tfw no North Korean army commander gf to train you into shape Spartan style and teach you how to get protons from grass and rice.

I see this in my gym too. I just get in, do my routine and gtfo as quickly as possible. There are smarter people too, but they only do cardio (spin classes and so on) and gtfo again.
I think the gym attracts dummies because it doesn't require any mental effort.

Insecurity leads to improvement, eventually.

Then it becomes a habit and a replacement for your shortcomings in other areas of life.

You honestly begin to believe anyone gives a fuck about your body and lifts and that this somehow brings your status up to the equal of men who actually put in work and got an education and career. It doesnt, but the mentioning about your big arms once every few months on drunken afterworks is a nice drop of feelgood in your pathetic thirst for social approval.

Asians are asexual insects and your attraction towards them stems from your massive insecurity.

>W-white women are WHORES
>The west is immoral, it´s the jews fault im a virgin
>I want a pure, virgin asian with no mind whatsoever of her own to cater to my every need

Just get a fuckdoll and put "yes senpai" on repeat in microsoft sam.

>tfw you just wanted anons to post hot grills but triggered autism instead

When I see guys like you I usually tell my m8s to pretend they're dumb, because I know your """superior""" intellect is all you have.

>Why not do team sports, or actually work?
>Veeky Forums is one person
I do both faggot.

Of course that the people you'll meet during daytime in a fitness are unemployed people. The active people come after work. That said, yes, the majority of fitness goers are dumb, but so are the majority of football players (for example).

Most people who are health conscious enough to eat right, workout, and stay fit do so as a side job. They focus on it a couple of hours a day and move on. Their main focus is on thei career, etc.

Meatheads who don't have anything else focus on it 24/7... and even then they're all about the broscience.

Relax my man, go outside

>Weight-lifting is the domain of the working class, endurance is the domain of the middle and upper class. There are plenty of exceptions, especially for younger men, but that is the stereotype

>I work in a middle-class professional organization with very highly educated people, and those men that exercise tend to focus on cardio. I can count on my hand the number of men that look like they lift weights.

Relevant article, really interesting.
psmag.com/social-justice/half-lifts-workout-says-social-class-85221

>education and career
have those and it lead me nowhere. Any suggestions what to do now?

>keep in mind I'm in France
>no relevant strength athletes or bodybuilders from France

Because in order to be a #successwin person you need to do virtually nothing but work and hope it will lead to social mobility eventually, and we're not willing to sacrifice our health, gains and free time for that.

I'll keep a mediocre job that allows me to lift and read in the spare time, once you idiots get your shit together and demand a 6-hours worday I might join you.

Im not so sure. Im upper middle class and ive been lifting for a few years. Set to retire at 30-35.

Successful people work out at like 5am-9am ive noticed.

You should move to Venezuela, I hear great things.

But what if you have gains and brains?

>he has more money than me and spends it on things he enjoys, he must be insecure
Holy shit, what is it like to be this delusional. Improve yourself you faggot, don't project your insecurities onto others. Gtfo to /r9k/ until you get your shit straight.

>s-s-shorter w-working hours is SUSHLISM
The wage-slave mentality is strong in this one

I actually got myself an education so I could do what I love for a living. You are the slave, the little cuck sellout who couldnt be arsed to pursue any of your interests.

You might also be autistic if you believe working more will get you a better social life.

>I actually got myself an education so I could do what I love for a living. You are the slave, the little cuck sellout who couldnt be arsed to pursue any of your interests.
Let me guess, you have a generic job in IT or something, but you tell yourself you "love it" and it's your favorite activity in the world, because glorifying your work as something bigger than an exchange between labor and money is the only way you can keep that shotgun out of your mouth?

>You might also be autistic if you believe working more will get you a better social life.
Where is "social life" even mentioned in my post? I said more free time makes it easier to workout. I hope that dream job of yours require no reading skills, oof.

But actually, yes, time constraints happen to hinder one's social life a lot. You'll probably never have to worry about it though, too busy being productive on that love job to have any friends, ain't that right?