Smoke last of weed

>smoke last of weed
>sleep 15 hours
>finally feel high energy again
I should just go to the gym RIGHT NOW but I kinda want to buy more weed...

what a fag.

SAGE
quit being a faggot and go lift OP, fuck.

what if I convince myself I'll be able to lift in the mornings and stay high the rest of the day, then skip gym and wake and bake for the next 5 days?

>gets addicted to fucking weed

weed is gay

Go to a doctor, if weed really helped you sleep having a problem in you brain might be your case OP.

weed decreases REM sleep but increases deep sleep, so technically it should be a positive for gains but a negative for mental health. I'm thinking I need to take a break from it though.

this is why drug addicts need to commit suicide desu

Do it, my boy just had withdrawals from weed because it got to the point where he didn't wanna eat , sleep and live without weed; very sad.

Ever since I quit thought my mind isn't foggy

Fucking degenerate. Just kill yourself.

>smoked every day all day for 3+ years
>stopped to get a job (drug tests)
>went clean for a solid month to detox
>pass piss test
>wait another week
>smoke a little with friends
>just get anxious and too deep into my own thoughts to really have fun with friends
>every now and then smoke again
>not very fun
and that's when I realized weed was trash. drugs in general are trash.
if you can't be content while sober, you will never make it

caffeine is a drug
phen is a drug

this is me except I haven't touched the stuff in about 11 months now. Not much of an achievment but I now see how trash it is. its a fake kind of happiness and contentment

I don't use those either ( what even is phen?) so that's not an issue
>inb4 chocolate is a drug too!
chocolate tastes like shit

but muh weed doesn't cause addiction, it's just a plant maaan, it cures cancer! never mind that 90% of potheads are useless, lazy, retards who sit all day on their asses smoking weed. if this is not addiction than I don't know what is LOL

spend your money on food and whey faggot, whatever enhances gains

This

The fact to me is exacerbated by the fact that all stoners I have ever known resent their own addiction and can't quit.

if drugs are keeping you from moving forward and bettering yourself in any way you're a degenerate and need to stop.
marijuana has legit medical uses and is okay if you occasionally use it for pleasure. HOWEVER, letting it impede you from becoming the best version of yourself possible is just pathetic

What's your point? He didn't mention either of those things. Caffeine is also retarded. If you "need" coffee to function in the morning, you have a problem.

What if I just do it responsibly on the weekends when I dont have any responsibilities?

In a way weed is the most subversive and evil drug out there. Even heroin addicts have more agency and are more active than potheads. The hardest working people I've ever met were basically alcoholics, I've even known cokeheads who were very active and very succesful people but I've never known a pothead who wasn't completely useless, pointless and a complete waste of oxygen. Not defending these other drugs, but weed has gotten such a good image these days when in reality it's the shittiest thing on the planet.

I mean look at OP, can't even garner the agency to go the gym LOL

this meme simply isn't true, let's at least discuss this from a reasonable standpoint if you want to discuss it. many successful professionals smoke weed. I imagine many more people smoke (occasionally) than you think. smoking all the time obviously will make you not very productive since you are just high constantly.

>see extremely productive person
>they're actually very into weed but i don't know because they don't project it
>see lazy people who are open about their habit
>OH IT MUST BE WEED
>hurrrrrrrr direct correlation durrrrrrr

I smoke weed almost everyday when I am at university, but then I go home to my parents for a month during Christmas and 2 months during summer vacation, and there I quit cold turkey until I am back at university. I don't feel any different, I don't feel any heavy desires for weed, I don't feel addicted at all. I don't smoke during the day though. I only smoke late at night when all my duties are done.

The problem with weed "addiction" is that the consequences of being "addicted" to it is so small, or at least not as easily visible, that you aren't sure if you even are addicted, and if you where addicted you aren't sure if there is any reason to quit. With a heroin addiction the consequences are obvious and clear when you are on your knees under the bridge sucking the dick of a homeless man for a hit of his heroin.

There is literally less negative consequences with a weed addiction compared to an addiction to fast food, sugar, chocolate or even coca cola. I really don't see the consequences.

>. Caffeine is also retarded. If you "need" coffee to function in the morning, you have a problem

found the retard.

I'm not a dumb fucking burger so "dedp into thoughts" isn't a negative for me.

Weed is fucking great, only problem is how great it is. It makes everything better, it erases all need for ambition or competition. You're happy wherever whenever. That's why it's so dangerous for me.

Literally only 15 year olds on reddit think weed doesn't cause mental addiction. Tells more about you that these are the people who's opinions you're used to hearing.

>There is literally less negative consequences with a weed addiction compared to an addiction to fast food, sugar, chocolate or even coca cola.
All of those are extremely unhealthy. You must be another burger because if someone said "I eat fast food every day" normal people would be shocked. Just like with weed.

>if you can't be content while sober, you will never make it

This is true, but if you are actually content while sober, you can smoke some every now and then (probably once every two months in my case) for recreation. Actually, this is how recreational drugs are supposed to be used, not as a daily or weekly thing.

I'm much MUCH happier sober than I am intoxcated, but those first days after I've been smoking daily I feel miserable so I just keep smoking.

I don't have trouble sleeping. I worked 17 hours yesterday so I was tired and I went to bed pretty stoned without an alarm clock. Woke up at 18:47

I probably don't need to tell you then that you have a problem.

Yeah. I've managed to go months without smoking but with the (arguable) downside that I cannot enjoy most escapism time sinks like video games or tv shows. They just feel like pointless waste of time. Weed drowns out that feeling and I can just sit at home all comfy.

dude weed lmao

OP here. Regret to inform that I messaged a dealer and will be sampling some new weed later today.

But I promise I'll hit the gym before! (it's the rest of the week I'm worried about...)

>nah man weed is totally fine!! its a miracle drug bro :--DD
you're a degenerate

Nobody gives a fuck if you hit the gym or not you fat fuck. You're never going to make it so might as well don't even bother you degenerate druggie

weed ups my anxiety because it ups my imagination and i feel guilty for not being true to my questions up until now

regardless of drugs or no drugs, people are doing all sorts of weird activities and i'm worried about people knowing about my innocuous interests
conversations around weed are rarely about the thc itself

Who are yoy quoting?

I'm not fat and I probably lift more than you (1.5/2.5/3/4.5) @ 86kg so stay mad sticcboi

I'm not a stick and I probably lift more than you (2/3/4/5) @ 96kg so stay mad fatboi

vid of 100kg OHP

I was obviously joking because the dude that I was replying to obviously was lying. He's not gonna have stats like that if he procrastinates to go to the gym and just smokes weed instead

They guy you replied to is me and I wasn't lying thought I was using 1RM for bench and DL.
>He's not gonna have stats like that if he procrastinates to go to the gym and just smokes weed instead
>I've managed to go months without smoking
What do you think I do for those months when I don't smoke weed, play video games or watch television? Gains don't just disappear just because I've been high for the past week and a half.

>I wasn't lying thought
Haha sure pal. Friendly reminder, it's "though" not "thought". Seems like all that weed is fucking up your brain, doesn't it?

fuck gym and take a bike or a walk to your dealer

>it's weed's fault, no way I'm pussy and can't handle it

Not everyone here is in their first 3 months of lifting. Also how desperate are you to WIN AN ONLINE ARGUMENT when you correct a typo I, and everyone else who graduated grade school I assume, noticed the moment I pressed enter?

Obviously we could have a discussion about the effects of marijuana on short term memory and vocabulary because that is an important topic but I guess you're not actually interested in that. You're the kind of guy who can't believe people on a fitness board bench 120kg.
I did walk
Not him and I don't share his issues but you are 15 years old. There's nothing wrong with deciding a certain intoxicant isn't for you. "You're too pussy to handle this dank kush" is literally something only an American wigger 2 years behind in high school would say.

>You're the kind of guy who can't believe people on a fitness board bench 120kg.
You clearly need better reading comprehension skills because I basically said there's no way some degenerate druggie that smokes weed instead of going to the gym would have good stats

Well then it seems you're just an idiot. Do you think every bodybuilder lives the monk lifestyle?

Kinda sad to see druggies defend their drug habits tbqh, you would make it much further in life if you just put the bong down dude. Also If you're over the age of 18 and you're still smoking weed, you're literally a manchild

drugs impede gains. Shrugs before drugs.

Hmm. Intersting post. Considering never once in this thread I have defended my drug habits nor have I endorsed using drugs. I love how you mentioned reading comprehension before because to me it seems like this entire thread is about how weed is holding people (very much including myself) back from reaching their goals.

>work as professional, own my own house, live with long-term gf
>manchild

Owning a house or having a gf does not make you not a manchild? Do you spend your days self-improving or slaving to pay the bills and escaping into the world of gondor and games of throne?

Enjoy raised estrogen levels you pathetic piece of shit

I don't overwork by any means, shortly I will be launching my own business to further improve my quality of life and increase my personal freedom. I spend a lot of time self-improving and like to relax with some weed at the end of the day. I'm actually planning a bit of a break from it though.

I have tried practically every drug that isn't intravenous or an opioid and weed is by far the most addictive because it seems so innocent.
Day 3 of binge drinking your entire body is fighting it, day 15 of daily smoking you feel just like you did on day 1.

You practically are defending your drug use

Happy for you.

Literally where?
Let's look at OP
>finally feel high energy again
What does this say? Because to me it pretty clearly says weed makes me LOW ENERGY which is a BAD thing.
>weed erases ambition
>it's so dangerous for me
it seems I'm saying using weed is holding me back in life and that I recognize how dangerous it is as a habit.
>I'm much MUCH happier sober than I am intoxcated
hmm
>Regret to inform
Now I'm no native speaker but I think this is a negative phrase.

So tell me, please, where have I defended weed, usage of weed or my usage of weed?

It's almost as if you're so ANGRY that a degenerate with a bad habit like myself can bench more than you that you started filling your head with claims that were literally NEVER MADE by anyone.

In a vicious cycle right now. Lift in the morning, come home, smoke and feel great, then neet it up.

I know I have to ditch it to re-gain my ambition but goddamn it's just too easy to smoke and start reading about random shit. Plus that post-life blaze feels fantastic on the muscles

I've decided to quit smoking myself OP, I can't remember the time I went a day without smoking. I have a pretty productive life but I want to see what I can be without weed dulling my ambitions and fucking with my thought process. I've just decided I'm not gonna let myself text my dealer and see how I do.

How much am I effecting my brain with daily smoking lads?

It's like day and life honestly. I don't know if you drink a lot but just 2-3 weeks without weed and alcohol and you feel like you've tapped onto some hidden mysterious power source that just makes you go endlessly.
Like those annoying morning people in sitcoms, wake up energized and jump out of bed just so you get to do stuff.
I'd be content with that because I have a job and I've also learned to read a lot high instead of just wasting my time with video games after smoking. My problem is I go to bed pretty stoned, sleep 9ish hours and wake up so sluggish that I either have to gather energy for like 6 hours until I feel like I'm ready for the gym or just roll a joint and feel happy immediately. Wake and bake wins too many times if I have allowed weed in my house.

I've been smoking (and lifting) for almost a decade now and so far the only way I've been able to control it is by not buying any. I really want to be the guy who always has a little weed in the drawer but doesn't feel compelled to smoke it the first opportunity I get.

>all this broscience with zero empirical articles linked to back up opinions
Hello /v/!!!

I agree, but it is weed that has helped me realize this. I wanted to get the curiosity out of my system so I bought 3gr two weeks ago and I'm happy I did.
I don't enjoy being high. HOWEVER, it significantly increases my long term memory (although it obliterates my short term memory) and it allowed me to find out what's really important to me. I have about 2 gr left, which I will use when I can't sleep. You know that moment when you lay in bed and reach that moment where you just know you're not gonna fall asleep? Two or three huffs (I vape) and the lights go right out.
I don't think I'm going to get high for fun ever again. It's not for me.

Why the fuck would I need some college intern to do scans of brain activity we barely understand at all when I have a decade of PERSONAL experience on how it affects ME, not general populations?

Fucking underage kids think people THROWING SHADE ON DA KUSH is like a personal insult towards their friend mr. weed.

>I don't think I'm going to get high for fun
I have no problem with your choice, but you should know the first gram of weed you smoke is very much unlike weed as a intoxicant once you get used to it.

I remember when I was 15 listening to my friend describing how he thought the sounds of birds were pterodactyls and all these online posts about the psychedelic experiences or whatever. That's not how weed is once you get used to it (and I don't mean regular use, just usage over time). It's just like a warm fuzzy feeling you get and know to expect once you smell the smoke. It's very manageable and reliable as far as borderline psychedelics go. Like a few beers or something. Music seems really catchy, jokes are funnier, video games more immersive.

for you

If you genuinely believe that anecdotal opinions trump academic merit then you should sincerely commit suicide as willful ignorance is the most harmful ideology one can have. You may as well be akin to a religious zealot.
Polite sage for responding, and this will be my last.

found the drug addict cuck. enjoy drinking your sewage water.

You're a retard if you make decisions affecting your personal life on dubious "science" over personal experience. Especially when it's something like weed where the science is just taking baby steps and the effects vary extremely from individual to another. Who the fuck cares how the "average person" reacts to something when we're talking about YOU?

Scientific studies have their place when deciding on legistlation or medical treatment. Making personal decisions based on incredibly broad generalizations because it's "science" is retarded.

I'm about 5 or 6 sessions in now and I still have a little left. First time was considerably different than the ones that followed. For sure. I also enjoy music in a much more profound way than when I'm sober. I'm not playing PUBG while high ever again though. Completely fucked up my rank.

You're not accountable to anyone but yourself user.

>I really want to be the guy who always has a little weed in the drawer but doesn't feel compelled to smoke it the first opportunity I get

This is me. If I have it in the house its getting smoked at the first opportunity. Its way too easy to decide to smoke up and go live in a haze for the day. Wake and bake always seems like a good idea until a couple hours after you smoke and just feel sluggish and done for the day in my experience.

>I'm not playing PUBG while high ever again though. Completely fucked up my rank.
But was it more fun? I got global in CSGO never playing sober and I do great in Arma BR too. It's a little slower paced than PUBG afaik but the experience is a fucking thrill. Can't even requeue directly afterwards usually, have to catch my breath. It's true I could probably get one or two more kills if I was sober but ultimately what's the point of video games? Having fun.

It took me a while to get over voice communicating while high as hell but these days it comes naturally. Right now I'm loving this game Squad that's all about voip communication.
That also mean I have to be the one holding myself accountable.

>Smoke every day from end of high school to senior year college
>Stop cold turkey when I start looking for jobs
>End up not smoking for 7 months
>Acquire job, pass drug test, etc
>Celebrate by taking a big old riparooney with the lads
>Continue to enjoy a marijuana habit that does not impact my work life

To each his own.

>Wake and bake always seems like a good idea until a couple hours after you smoke and just feel sluggish and done for the day in my experience.
If I wake and bake that means I will continue smoking every 1-2 hours for the rest of the day. I know the feeling you describe, sometimes I have just enough for one joint or bowl for the morning and those days suck.

There's a phone app these days where I can find weed within walking distance any day which has really lowered the treshold to just buying more. So those just wake-n-bake days don't really happen anymore. A blessing and a curse.

Single Player FPP while high might as well be a horror game to me. Every single sound spooks me the FUCK out

>Continue to enjoy a marijuana habit that does not impact my work life
Anyone can work 40 hours a week and smoke weed. That doesn't mean it isn't impacting your life. Wageslaving and escapism is the saddest combo I know and I see more and more friends around me doing it. Work 8 hours, smoke to feel happy, sleep, repeat. No self-improvement or ambition, just happy to be in a situation where the bills get paid and you can escape to little fairy land for a few hours after putting up with 8 hours of office work.

>There's a phone app these days where I can find weed within walking distance
Elaborate, brother.

wew is this what projecting looks like?

I didn't say that's your life. I said that's the life of many regular smokers and a very real trap I'm afraid of falling into myself.

Having a job and being able to keep it doesn't mean it has no impact like you seemed to imply was the point of my message.

It's actually a dark web messageboard where people post ads but it's confined to my country. It's very popular, my city is broken into 6 areas and my area gets about 15-20 for sale posts (with a picture) every day and a wickr username.

I have amassed such a wickr username collection that I just hit up the ones I've previously dealt with (about 10 people) and one of them always has something for me. If not I can just look at the offers of the day. Haven't had a negative experience yet, even the worst weed has been 4/5. When people have usernames and have built "brands" they tend to give good service. I like it because it has none of that "brotherhood" hippie crap of traditional weed dealing, you're the paying customer and they're a customer service professional. No waiting around, no surprises.

If you are not yet were you want to be in life, with lifting, sex, status, whatever, then you cannot just do what you see already-successful people doing. Smoking pot, playing vidya, whatever. You must have a more extreme work ethic, a more retarded absolutist attitude, and less "cheat" days if any.

You don't get to eat shit food. You have to eat the chicken and greens and oats and shit. You don't get to smoke. You need to be maximizing your alertness and productivity, and you never should be just chilling in a bored state. Ever, like fucking kill yourself if you want to do that, because you need to be extreme. If you are not yet a success, you need ESCAPE VELOCITY from the shithole of your life, which means you don't get to just do what you see already successful people doing.

When I look at succesful people the first thing I think of is not smoking weed and playing vidya.

It's just that some people will always say "Oh yeah I smoke a few blunts today my life is great". I just meant you can't use them as examples despite what they say.

your shitty/dysfunctional life is not the symptom of your drug use, your drug use is the symptom of your shitty/dysfunctional life, which may or may not happen to exacerbate various pre-existing problems; people with their lives sorted do not become suddenly broken and despondent due to mystery drug habits

if you overcome the underlying issues drawing you to substances then great, but preaching that the substance was the only problem is deceptive and promotes a culture of abdicating responsibility - sure kicking a drug habit might be part of fixing your shit but it is not the primary underlying issue and if you actually have a functional, stable existence those recreational substances (with obvious exceptions, I'm not shilling krokodil here) are just fine in moderation

>your shitty/dysfunctional life is not the symptom of your drug use, your drug use is the symptom of your shitty/dysfunctional life,
That's not really true.

Your idea is an insane generalization where all people use drugs just to cope with their miserable lives. Like a mental painkiller or something. That's not why I smoke weed. I don't smoke it as a response to feeling miserable in my daily life. I smoke it because a new video game or movie or something came out and I know it'd be better high, then I get used to the feeling of being stoned and waste away a couple of days. I'm not on the brink of collapse when I choose to drown my sorrows into weed. Usually it's just a regular tuesday and I'm feeling great.

And while I recognize that the issue is really my impulse control this whole "responsibility, fine in moderation" etc. approach you're doing is a state of mind you're fixated on because you're so used to arguing for legalization.

Weed makes my life worse. I can live my life without weed. I can't live my life without me. Whose "fault" whatever happens to be is completely trivial and makes absolutely no difference.

This is a not the forum to debate legalization nor is this a discussion about its legal status.

my point is that if you're doing that to the extent where it starts to impair your daily ability to function - there's something underlying that is seriously wrong; it may not be glaringly obvious but if you are smoking weed to the point where it gets in the way of a productive, holistically stable life, you are already on some level being affected by other factors causing that poor lifestyle

>if you are smoking weed to the point where it gets in the way of a productive, holistically stable life, you are already on some level being affected by other factors causing that poor lifestyle
And I don't agree with you.

Yes, the problem is me and the fact that I can't control my urges when it comes to weed, but as long as I decide to not buy any weed it's not an issue that comes up. I don't struggle with my self control with food or work or impulse purchases. When I'm not smoking I don't replace it with alcohol or other drugs. It's literally just weed that makes me that way.