My 14 year old brother wants to lift weights, should I let him? If so what weights should he do?

My 14 year old brother wants to lift weights, should I let him? If so what weights should he do?

Heuns cross country with me so hes not a fatass

Other urls found in this thread:

podplayer.net/#/?id=34641463
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what are you his dad? fuck off and let him lift he's not a kid

Im the closest to a dad hes got. Fuck off if your not going to helpful you cunt.

He gave you the objectively right answer to the first part of your question. Answer to part 2: SS+GOMAD and read the fucking sticky.

Show him how to lift. I got into lifting when I was 14 and it was the best decision I made. I should have started earlier if I was smarter.

Yeah
Just don't make him lift crazy weight
Make him do this program and he'll be good

Thanks, I wasn't sure if it was healthy because Ive heard of your height getting stunted from lifting too young.

Nah that's a myth
In fact excicise increases test so he'll probably grow taller

>height stunted by lifting weights
Myth. Only happens if you break an epiphyseal plate, which won't happen unless you go full retard and drop a loaded barbell directly on a long bone.

I started lifting when i was 14. it's the best time to lift because your body is full of HGH and your growth plates aren't sealed. I have big pecs and shoulders even when I'm not lifting, and I think it's because I lifted in my teens.

let him lift but do not let him squat. he can do inverted leg press but squatting will compress his spine and he might lose an inch off his final height.

> 14
> not a kid

>t. 14 year old "kid"
14 is a teenager, not a kid you imbecile.

don't you need to be 18 to post here kiddo?

Im 22

BULL FUCKING SHIT YOU FUCKING DUMBASS NIGGER CUNT BROSIENCE FUCK!

To much testosterone can stunt your growth.
In fact, oestrogen makes you fucking grow during puperty.

Read about fucking hypogonadism you dumb cunt. Those boys have near ZERO FUCKING TEST and grow like fucking crazy because of all that fucking oestrogen absorption.

I fucking hate people spouting non-scientific bullshit as if it was facts. You need to shut your stupid uneducated mouth dude.
So pissed right now!

>To much testosterone can stunt your growth.
Is this why people were manlets 100 years ago? Because I remember reading something that said that test levels were way higher back then and have been decreasing a certain percentage every decade

calm down nerd

Easy there Devin, mom said your tendies would be ready soon. No reason to act out

You are a retard if this isn't bait.
So all the basketball players and football players who are 7' or 6'5 should be taller if they hadn't been training their entire life?
Is that why women are so much taller than men?
Testosterone at normal doses will stimulate growth, but heavy lifting can stunt your growth only if the growth plates become damaged.
I am by far the most active and also the tallest member of my family, which could be coincidence, but if you're right than I should be much taller

14 is old enough. Just pick a program the same way you normally would. Make sure it's something he enjoys. It could benefit him for life.

Listen to this and stop acting like a bunch of faggots

[Barbell Medicine Podcast] Should Kids Be Strength Training?

podplayer.net/#/?id=34641463

Get him into calisthenics and sport. It will benefit him more then a weight room.

manlet detected

I run XC and started at 14, he'll be fine but don't let him get YUUUGE and slow.

Prolly won't happen tho, takes time and dedication to do that

Go for it user. Just make sure you're supervising him thoroughly. 14 year olds do all kinds of daft shit and you don't want him to snap his shit.

I started lifting at 14 and even competing regionally with C&J, I had a very good instructor, I'm 6'2 and had no adverse conditions because of it.

Make sure he's hitting his food properly also.

Then act like it