/fat/ "Calorie Thief" Edition

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

prev thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_mass_index
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>No wojak
Shit thread

You did go to the gym today right fatties?

this
shit thread is shit.

Confess

60mins on the elliptical

fat fucks

Me want mommy brownies

I had a scheduled cheat day on Friday. It wasn't as bad as it could have been, though I did eat 4 massive cookiebrownies and a box of donut holes.

had a cheat day on friday, it was scheduled and I earned it, but felt bad about it and fasted for like 32 hours

>Mom cooks a chicken
>fuckyeah.avi
>eat breast
>can't get a straight answer as to how much vegetable oil she poured all over the bird.

I'm just going to assume this day is a bust calorie wise. Man, I just can't eat stuff if I don't make it with my own two hands.

>tfw finally breaking that 170 wall
One step closer to my fucking goal. God I can't wait

What I do is write down my calorie deficits of each day using My Fitness Pal. Then just add those calories to my Monday cheat day.
That way you will still hit your weakly weight loss goals.

>cooking a chicken with veg oil
???

It at least explains the childhood obesity.

As I posted a thread or two ago, if it makes you feel bad stop doing it. Find what works for you.

Different ways to "cheat" without running your progress

-Eat at TDEE

-Eat at a deficit, but eat food you love even if it's bad for you

-Eat back your calories from exercise, if you track that

-Eat intentionally less for two meals during the day, and then have one huge cheat meal while staying at /under TDEE

-Eat whatever you want but make your day very active, spending a lot of time working out or walking long distances. This is helpful on a vacation, for instance.

You can do this in a way that you don't have to feel guilty about.

Solid idea. Build up extra deficit during the week and then spend it, very nice.

Bodyweight routine for me, about to go do some bridges and headstands

SALAD DODGING

Are we allowed to post progress pics/that graph from MyFitnessPal ITT?

>try running
>knee starts hurting
>try walking
>back starts hurting
>try lifting
>shoulder starts hurting

Why wouldn't you be? Good progress is motivating for you and others. That's why people often say "we are all gonna make it" and not "I am going to make it"

>>try running
user you're not supposed to run if you're fat unless you want to fuck up knees on purpose.

>Solid idea. Build up extra deficit during the week and then spend it, very nice.
lol thanks, Prolly got the idea from you if you were posting that about a week ago. Got the advice in a /fat/ thread.
If so, thanks man, changed how I look at cheat days

try swimming

Try yoga.

What should my lift stats be if being ottermode is my final goal?

Cycling it is then

symbols need to be reversed

>worried about overshooting ottermode

Just don't eat big.

>try nothing
>stomach starts hurting

Life's gonna suck until we make it, comrade. I mean, it'll still probably suck regardless, but at least it'll suck a little less when we aren't fat anymore.

Ottermode still has muscle definition and my bench is only 120 as of now. That's not going to get much higher with the major deficit (-1000kcal) I'm on.

>tfw blood pressure is consistently normal for the first time in many years

Then eat at/closer to maintenance. Eating big implies eating at a large surplus. You'll be fine.

i'm losing weight but have absolutely zero drive to go to the gym and it's already closed for the day

very fucking nice dude, bathe in the fruits of your hard work, you deserve it

Been at 180 for 2 weeks despite doing full day fasts and eating below 2000.

you must be eating a lot more than you think you are, log more accurately and buy a scale to weigh your food. Also maybe a lot of it is salt, drink more water.

Eat at TDEE for a few days when you stall. It helps your body adjust. I stalled for like 3 weeks and eating at TDEE for a weekend sorted me out

It probably is salt and too many liquids but its really frustrating to do fasting and be on point with diet and not see any results.

Sundays are one of my home workout days.

Is it possible to gain 6 pounds in a week?

I weighed myself and it was 187 despite being 6 pounds less a week ago. I still look pretty lean though since I just came off a cut. Could it be water weight?

I hike and include 3 parts where I sprint uphill. Then go lift with a regimen that includes some supersets. Am I gonna make it?

I weigh like 210-220 while being 5'8, does me doing the sprinting kill my knees?

I've gained 10 lb in a day. Salt, Glycogen depletion, food in your belly and intestines, water you've just drank. Lots of things effect weight and often you're not actually as light as you think you are.

Think about this, a pound is about 3500 calories. Do you think you've eaten 21000 calories in a week? It's most likely water weight. Drink more water

>tfw consumed 1460 calories
should i go to the gym right now?

What is the point of cheat meals if they make you feel miserable and fat afterwords?

We have no context for that, but if you've just eaten maybe give yourself some time to digest and the hit the gym.

The answer to "Should I go to the gym?" is basically always yes.

So that you don't binge and ruin all your progress. But again, if they make you feel miserable you are doing it wrong.
See

Alright lads im ready to be told off by you all but can I just run some things by you.
First off my stats
Height: 5'6
SW: 212lb
CW: 175lb
1st GW: 154
True GW: 140

Ok so basically I havent been doing any proper exercise except doing planks and dumbell curls, overhead tricep extensions and some flys.

Basically my plan is to get to 154 then from there hit the gym hard to lose that last stone while also putting on some muscle and to regain any muscle loss that I have lost over the course of my weight loss.

Now I know that lifting while losing is probably the correct thing I should have been doing but the past 2 times I tried to lose weight I hit the gym from day 1 of my lifestyle change and failed both times due to being ravenous on gym days. Thats why I've opted for this plan. Could it work?

try stop being a bitch

>roommate bought a mini-fridge and panini press and now I have to smell delicious food all day

as long as you lift later, I dont see why not. It's what I'm doing anyways

It will work if you actually do it. Why wouldn't it?

If you lift and keep lifting it will build muscle eventually. You should have started earlier but if that would have been too much it's fine.

But if you want to really build muscle you have to do more than the routine you posted.

What method is best for doing HIIT to burn fat, bike, treadmill or elliptical?

At that weight probably not.

Those lifts won't do much for you. I would recommend doing the good compound weights and eating food that's less calorie dense, maybe even bump up your intake.

You need to spend as little time as possible there.

I noticed when I was out of the obese bmi and in the overweight, running no longer hurt

I do a HIIT spinning class twice a week, which has been pretty good for me. I think the main thing is that you need someone yelling and keeping you going instead of just the little workout computer.

Oh yeah I know they're just what im doing from home with the dumbbells I have to make sure my arms dont look like noodles. Ill probs do SS when I start gym properly.

Alright nice one

Add me on MFP if you like fellow /fat/s B_MG1994

>tfw only 6kg until overweight BMI
>that crushing feel when 26kg until normal BMI

What helped me in that regard was the amount I lost to get into the overweight range in the first place. I'm healthy range now, but when I started at 318, I had to lose 91 pounds just to be overweight then 38 pounds to be healthy. losing 91 then having to lose 38 was nothing.

I fucking live here. As long as he never offers me anything, because I won't just steal food.

I said earlier how I ate 2 large pieces of chocolate chip banana bread, 2 carrots, an apple, some pickle slices and a scoop of whey with milk.

I just spent a few hours burning 600 calories. I hope I made up for my failure.

There was a hamburger festival near where I live on Saturday. I had two burgers and a smoothie while there, so at least I didn't go too overboard.

>2 large pieces of chocolate chip banana bread, 2 carrots, an apple, some pickle slices and a scoop of whey with milk
>600 calories
>I hope I made up for my failure
Not even close probably

The smell is going to make it way harder to not go out and binge though.

congrats on your weight loss, but normal BMI won't be a goal that I can achieve according to my body fat analysis. I'd have to be 5%bf to be normal BMI

Thanks, what do you mean exactly? what's your height?

How do i survive a relapse ? Two months lost in a moment. I just want to die

you have to decide how hard to you want to lose weight and how important it is to you.

You can't let a relapse define who you're going to be the rest of your life. You control the cravings. Get back on that horse tomorrow.

If you honestly feel that all your work was worthless because of a mistake, that's why you feel like you can't survive.

If it was "a moment" it was probably just a big meal. Let's say you ate 6,000 calories.

That didn't destroy two months of work. Just get back to work, and have manageable treats (I'm starting to think the term "cheat" is part of the problem here) that fit in your TDEE occasionally.

If I eat a cupcake can I shit it out before its calories effect me?

No

here's what I've learned

willpower is transient
isolation is impossible
you'll have good days and you'll have bad days, no matter how hard you try
you can only ever truly fail if you give up, don't give up

that's not how the body works at all

Thank you friends

Depends, do you own a shopvac?

>200lbs, eternally at 25%bf because I suck
>Same-height friend has successfully cut to 160
>Announces he's gotten to 155 and 17%bf

I used to be jelly that he could cut, but I would be just skin and muscle at 155, fucking musclelets.
Though he could easily hit 1/2/3/4 before I actually lose any weight.

>i can fit into an XL shirt now
feels good man

bmi measures body fat percentage correct?

incorrect

No. It's just height versus weight which you can be ripped and be considered overweight. That situation is not as likely as you being fat but regardless it just indexes your weight against your height.

no, it doesn't consider body fat vs lean mass

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_mass_index

pic related are the same bmi

I know that feel so damn well, every one of my shirts used to be 3XLT, T for all because if I wore a regular 3XL shirt, it wouldnt be long enough because it hanged over my stomach. I remember people in my family would joke saying my stomach would enter a room and greet before I do.

Different story now, the other day I put on a fucking medium and it fit, pretty well too, amazing. Keep going user, great work on you success.

So if someone is 30 bmi, what is the 30 exactly? a ratio of just height and weight, nothing else yeah?

I have extremely flat feet. like it makes a suction cup sound when i walk on tile floors. id like to be able to run, but even with orthopedic soles and good running shoes, I can only go about 4 minutes before the shin splints start killing me. Is there anything I;m missing that could help with this shit-uation? or am i doomed to a life of stationary bikes

height and weight is all the BMI number is based on

Yeah it's like actually your weight/height^2 or something. It's pretty good for measuring populations because most people fall into a pretty small range in regards to amount of muscle mass. It's good for individuals in most cases too, but if you've been lifting for years or something it will matter less.

My bf% analysis says i'm carrying 96kg of musculoskeletal tissue. I'm 6'6, so normal BMI is skeleton-mode for us

That is to say, moderation has been far more successful for me than forbidding myself specific things. I think a lot of people are worried they can't control themselves so they don't even bother trying it.

Everyone here told me I was stupid for attempting moderation, but I'll never go back.

Deal with your failure and fail less next time. Trying to find a way out of it is how eating disorders happen. Face it head on.

>The BMI is defined as the body mass divided by the square of the body height, and is universally expressed in units of kg/m2, resulting from mass in kilograms and height in metres.

Just devoured almost a whole bag of chips in some weird haze. And it seems like the past few days I've been eating past my delegated calories...like, eating a small carton of ice cream and two doughnuts just two days ago. Feelsbadman.jpg

I don't know if it was enough to gain weight. The scale shows 158, while just three days ago, it was 154.

I just learned there is a medication for controlling binge eating
anyone know anything?

yeah it's called rat poison

add it to your food for immediate results

ha, you're funny

I'M THE DUMBEST FUCKING NIGGER ON THE BLOCK DUDE

doing fucking fine all day, 1100cals and feeling pretty good no cravings (or at least I thought) come home and about to sleep. There's a fucking cookie brownie on the counter (from mom) AND I FUCKING ATE THAT SHIT. I ONLY BLAME MYSELF

berate me just berate me I'm so retarded

ephedrine and phentermine both are appetite suppressants.

look up duramine or any type of cold and flue tablets

There's this drug Deremint my buddy is on, it's a appetite blocker.

no, not stimulants, this was an SSRI