What are your thoughts on new machines. I know plenty of people
Who don't squat and have great legs. For example Chris jones,Jon sky walker,

FYI WHAT ever you guys
Say I'm still gonna squat

>do a bunch of sets on 3 different machines
>or do one some sets of squat
gee billy I dunno. spend 55 minutes working legs or 25... tough choice

Do both

Why can't I just do belt squats or lunges? Why does it have to always be back squats

Because you can do more weight with back squats than you can with its shitty alternatives.

you don't necessary have to barbell squat. You can sub it with hack squat machine, leg press machine, one legged press machine etc. But No one should skip the push workout for legs. That's what gives you the thickness of overall leg. Without it, you can still manage but you'll have issue getting thick legs

>being this stupid

Squats, Romanian deadlifts, lunges, and calf raises are all you need for free weight leg exercises. The only leg machine you should be using is the good girl / bad girl machine, to work your adductors/abductors and to increase mobility for your real lifts.

I do squats, leg press and i use that machine too

Its nice

Are you me? Those 3 + calf raises are literally my entire leg routine.

>What are steroids.

That is working for my legs
I only have 1 and half month working legs and they have grow a lot

>Taking advice from tge never been drug tested natty who constantly has acne break outs in his 30s

post your 60 days progress of legs that have grown "alot".

Why does everyone get caught up about other people not doing squats?

squats and machines are good
it just depends on what you got
>p.s. it doesn't matter what exercise you do if your on roids

with that much roids you might as well just run up a flight of stairs and be done with your leg workout

>taking advice from people on juice when you're not
Never gonna make it.

I will when i have 2 months

Wow, so you mean roids will allow you to train in pretty much anyway you want and you'll still get big?

because the internet pushed squats so hard that even normies mention them. So for the next 20 years even people who have no understanding of the exercise will still associate them with fitness

belt squats are a legit great alternative to back squats. anyone that doesn't think so has no idea what they're talking about. louie simmons heavily advocates the belt squat, and he's produced some of the strongest powerlifters in the world.

he hasn't "produced" shit, he takes in genetically gifted athletes that are already proficient and makes them sightly better

>Taking advice from over the hill never was "coaches" who never trained a single solitary person of note and helped create the bodyhorror show that is crossfit

Chad doesnt squat but looks like this

Machines build size well but they are difficult to load for a linear progression (though you can get magnetized micoplates) and are poorer choices for strength and power development because of the superior neural adaptation that occurs with compound movements. They are much safer when focusing on time under tension though and certain useful exercises are difficult to replicate with free weights.

I stopped squatting because I developed tendonitis in both knees, with my left being really close to tendonosis. Maltracking patellas they said. All I've been doing for the past few months since PT are unilateral leg extensions with my toes turned out a bit to better target the VMO and box pistol squats/assisted pistol squats with a TRX while also trying to actively fire my VMO. I'd say I've got another month until I'm fully recovered and my quads look better than they did before. They're now symmetrical in size, and in the right light you can see my rectus femoris in both legs.

I have no desire to squat, despite the fact that it was never even the cause of my tendonitis in the first place. Maybe once I can do unassisted pistol squats with both legs I'll wanna get back into them, but fuck 'em for now. Muh functional exercise.

really depends on why they don't want to do squats. inflexible or hurts them not in a good way, this is not the same as saying but its too hard.
but then again, for any reason they don't want to do them, if there is an alternative where they will put in real effort vs half-assing and avoiding the more efficient squat routine, it is no longer superior choice for them.

>good girl / bad girl machine
is this a new meme?

Chris jones back squats. front squats, hack squats and leg press.
According to the man him self he doesn't lift for mass anymore, he lifts for proportions and muscle shape.

Gonna ignore that retarded shit he typed out, but as far as the image goes, everyone knows sitting down makes your thighs look literally twice as big