Other urls found in this thread:

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2011/04/the_abusive_boyfriend.html
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Confused what that means after the first sentence

If he's alive, he's not dead
If he's dead, then he's not alive

What a dumb quote.
If you have regrets and things you want to protect or fix, so much that they become your life goal, of course you fear death. You fear dying too soon to complete your goal. Yes, some people do use it as motivation, but that doesn't mean the fear doesn't exist. The opposite.
Another thing is pain. When you fall down and scrape your knee, a tiny portion of you dies (some skin cells), and it hurts. When someone stabs you with a knife, more of you dies, and it hurts more. Same with some illnesses, touching a hot stove etc. From this, or maybe instinct, our primitive ape brains extrapolate that completely dying must hurt really fucking bad. That's why we avoid death

If you don't lift your future gf will be married to a black guy.

Another black guy.

His point is that when you die, you can't have regrets because you don't exist. What's the point in fearing dying too soon to complete your goal when you won't be alive to feel the sadness that comes with not completing your goal? Until you die, your dreams are still possible.

Whoever formatted this piece of shit deserves only the worst kind of cancer.

that's not really the point.
he's saying that if he's dead, he's not going to know anything about it, because he'll no longer exist. he's questioning the sense of fearing something that you wont be aware of.

He's a fucking idiot.

He knows full well people are afraid of missing out, the pain of dying, and not getting to see your family ever again.

His reasoning is so flawed that murder becomes morally acceptable under his view. Why worry about being murdered? If you don't exist when you're dead, then there's nothing to fear right?

Fucking pleb.

You're a fucking retard. Do us all a favour and put his quote into practice and kill yourself.

I'm pretty sure I understood that, I was just translating that to the guy so he would be able to decipher

you are completely missing the point.
he's not talking about the act of dying, he's talking about being dead.
i don't think philosophy is for you.

No, he's missed what everybody else is worried about. The "missing out" part of dying.

If you disagree, be my guest and go around shooting people in the back of the head, because after all, "dying is fine because they aren't there to be upset."

>The "missing out" part of dying.
he's not talking about that.
are you actually mentally challenged?

Those would be the negative side effects on everyone else, not death itself.

That nigga is talking about what happens AFTER you die

Well I'm paying him the compliment of assuming his motivational quote is meant to state something less blatantly obvious then "you don't experience being dead".

Everybody already knows this. It is the definition of death.

His quote is supposed to inspire, to get rid of your fear. But it doesn't because he's saying something obvious and completely useless. Death = no brain function. Gee wow I never knew...

>negative side effects on everyone else

So if you shoot somebody in the back of the head, it's only a problem if he has family/friendsthat feel bad?

Moron.

damn dude you're daft

Read this:

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2011/04/the_abusive_boyfriend.html

You need to hear this.

I'm a self made millionaire with an IQ over 140.

I'm objectively the opposite of a daft human.

Epicurus has confused himself.

He get's tangled in a retarded circular statement that is both boring and obvious. At it's most basic his statement means :

>When you're dead, you aren't there to feel bad about being dead

It's simply not inspiring to be aware that dead people don't feel things.

I already knew that.

>inb4 somebody calls me stupid and says I have missed the point.

Please enlighten me, what is the point? You can't articulate the point can you? I'll tell you you can't, because there isn't one, and you're stupid for thinking there was one.