Wanna do Keto but

>Type 1 diabetic
>No money for supplements
>Afraid of getting kidney stones, are they just a meme?

What do?

i have a co worker with kidney stones

i get the distinct impression you want to do whatever humanly possible to not have that happen

Why would you get kidney stones on keto?

Aye, that's correct. I'm still planning everything. No money for citrate tho, gotta drink some lemon juice everyday instead, but not sure if it's gonna work. Family has no story of kidney stone, but still don't want to risk it. Gotta drink some whole milk along the way, small amount, for the calcium, it will bind with the salad's oxalic acid (damn you spinach) in my intestines instead of my kidneys. Better shitting them than peeing them rite?

Stressing my kidneys with lots of water to process and eating that much needed protein. Am I wrong? Is it safe-ish?

Can confirm.
Practiced boxing for years, getting punched and kicked isnt that much of pain, but kidney stones man.

So keto is a no-no?

Yeah it's garbage and the new fad diet.
No GOAT athlethe runs it, therefore its shit.

You cannot do keto as a type 1 diabetic... type 1 diabetes = too much ketones already...

ChaosandPain says you're good to keto

>Yeah it's garbage and the new fad diet.
Look at this fucking idiot... omg how do you even exist? Keto is the NATURAL way humans are supposed to exist you fucking mongrel.

Learn some damn science and how the human body works :S

mfw I'm a PhD in physiology.

Thanks. gotta try intermittent fasting then.

do a vegan based keto. Much cheaper, healthier and better for type 1 diabetic.

Do not listen to this idiot.
You have type 1 diabetes, it means you produce too much ketones and if you get on a ketogenic diet, which will produce even more ketones... you're going to die.

What the fuck is wrong with the morons on here

>You have type 1 diabetes, it means you produce too much ketones

lol

Do you know how much vegan food costs bruh?

? Fuck you "lol"ing about you moron?
Type 1 = too much ketones
Type 2 = obesity, not enough ketones and too much insulin

fucking mongrel

I'm loling at the fact that you were not able to understand that I was talking about a vegan keto being healthier for a type 1 diabetic than an animal based keto, fucktard.

Dude if your kidneys aren't fucked you'll be fine. I eat close to 350g protein every day. Your fears are unfounded

Are you fucking retarded?
NO keto is "better" for a man that produces TOO MUCH ketones, you fucking garbage human being. You're trying to kill the fucking idiot with your ignorance. Shut the fuck up.

Scratch that you're diabetic so ketoacidosis would prob happen to you, sucks man :/

Akchyually, the ketones are produced only if my blood glucose is high, which is mostly the case, and one of the reasons I looked into keto or cutting carbs completely (along with losing fat and looking ripped lol).

HE SAID HE WANTS TO DO A KETO SO I TRIED TO OFFER HIM A BETTER VERSION OF IT INSTEAD OF TELLING HIM SOMEONE HE ALREADY KNOWS ABOUT.

Go fucking die in a hole.

Eh.. nvm. Do what you want. :)

Yep, he should do your thing, he's all yours.

>Eh.. nvm. Do what you want. :)
No, at least not now. Firstly I want to determine if kidney stones are an issue and secondly if there's a way to get enough electrolytes without supplements, cuz college teachers need to pay for bills and shiet. But I'll see what you're talking about, thanks for the tip user.

that is not how that works. In fact I tell patients who have a pre disposition stones, to ensure they drink plenty of fluids everyday.

Also a type one diabetic doing keto? You can induce the greatest ketosis of them all by just stopping your insulin brah.

99% of my type 1 diabetics are

Great
You're still inferior to doctors coaching athlethes worth billions
Is floyd on keto? Lebron on keto ? Phelps on keto ? Nah son, nah

you are both retarded. He doesn't generate ketones out of the blue.

However he will go into diabetic ketoacidosis should he stop taking his insulin.

>type 1 diabetic
it's been shown to be good for people with diabetes if I recall correctly
>no money for supplements
you don't really need them, just a multivitamin probably and thats really cheap
>afraid of getting kidney stones, are they just a meme?
I don't think thats very common for people who get keto.

>that is not how that works. In fact I tell patients who have a pre disposition stones, to ensure they drink plenty of fluids everyday.
How much doc? I'm like a 5'6" manlet, late 20s.

>Also a type one diabetic doing keto? You can induce the greatest ketosis of them all by just stopping your insulin brah.
True dat. Almost got ripped when I just got diabetic. I was a lump of lethargic meat but damn I was looking good, and smelling fruity.

>you don't really need them, just a multivitamin probably and thats really cheap
Problem's not vitamins, it's minerals. Sodium, potassium and magnesium. Any easy and cheap way of getting them?

Much like OP I too have type 1 and what you just said is incorrect.

You aren't supposed to eat more than 1gr per 1kg of protein to reach ketosis. Too much protein is as a bad as too much carbs (sugars).

>metabolic disorder that any animal can potentially develop
>the natural way humans are supposed to exist

What next, we're meant to be diabetic too?

"Whatever it takes"

- Rich Piana

Nah senpai, you produce ketones when your cells dont have glucose to burn so they use other fuels. You will have high blood sugar when this is happening because you don't produce insulin so the cells dont absorb the sugar and it stays in your blood stream.

Another type one here, you're a fuckin idiot

You don't fuckin magically produce ketones if you have type 1, he'd be fine to do keto provided he still does insulin. But if he got sick or stopped insulin the risk of ketoacidosis is really high

if anything, lots of fluids going through kidneys prevent kidney stones

Fellow Type 1 here.

Keto isn't really an option but don't worry, Intermittent Fasting is a superior option. IF will increase your insulin sensitivity and help keep your levels stable.

just remember to speak to your doctor first blah blah blah legal stuff blah.

mfw im a physical therapist who lives mostly in keto and lifts heavy
Nutritional ketosis is VERY different from diabetic ketoacidosis

"Nutritional ketosis" is a made up phrase by any kind of ketosis is an unusual condition. It normally happens when an animal is starving or sick for prolonged periods of time. Saying it's the natural state of human beings is ridiculous.

if he injects his insulin, ketone overproduction stops.

Are you literally retarded? did you learn about T1D yesterday or what?

magnesium supplements are cheap, and you just add lite-salt to everything you eat. when i work out or run i mix lite-salt with a big bottle of water. lite-salt is a sodium/potassium mix.

>Intermittent Fasting is a superior option
according to who?
>not doing both?