>Wrists mobility

Foundation Handstand One

>Bicep Tendon Prep

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

>Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

>How to make parallettes out of PVC

library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf

>Foundation series (4 books + 2 Handstand + Rings)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:39d3d785f7c6df583af2fa846646a74b3d256cac&dn=Coach Christopher Sommer Mastering Gymnastic Strength Training 2014&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.mg64.net:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.sktorrent.net:6969/announce

>Overcoming gravity (v1)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ad0739445c9cc5177e2b48c6f216521e8c8ddff4&dn=Overcoming+Gravity+%28gnv64%29&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fpublic.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969

>Starting Stretching: phraktured.net/starting-stretching.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FDg86QM5-jk
instagram.com/p/BYqSHATA-0k/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Left side is the exercise, right side is the mobility for that exercise, you do mobility after each set

FSAS - Fundamental Straight Arm Strength
FBAS - Fundamental Bent Arm Strength
FLS - Fundamental Leg Strength

the numbers like 5x60s means mastery for the movement, in this case you look at 60s/60rep template and follow that progression, once you hit mastery (can do 5x60s) you move to the next level

for negative movements, 5x5x10s means you descend for 10s each rep

>SL
SL progression seems to be different from PDF's

Foundation gives 3 routines:
>AxBxAxx
>ABxABxx
>ABABAxx
A: FL, sPL, HBP, RC
B: MN, SL, SLS

>Stretching

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4BCCD448B44C4B8233A2E9BD7388246306C47B3D&dn=Middle%20Split
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:48E4BFE7D564ABB65DF2D4408EDC2A271F860D77&dn=Bridge
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:D69E1D9C667B31244307E6E4FDD9E487EEC3AF48&dn=Front%20Split
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:07C5D57728C3D73B0C982063330C49729E9AF1E6&dn=Shoulder

Not sure where to ask this, /bwg/ seems vaguely relevant:

I'm going to be in Manhattan from October till about the end of the year. Obviously, I'd want to keep up exercise - at the moment, I do mainly bodyweight stuff at home, and jog/swim a couple of times a week.

I'm split between looking for a fitness park near my apartment (Midtown East, I think) and coming up with my own running routes (and adjusting to the fact that I've never run in temperatures below 25 celsius), or just looking for a gym with basic stuff like a treadmill/stationary bike, chin up and dip bars, maybe a lap pool. Pretty budget conscious too - are the recreation centers run by NYC Parks okay?

First for hollow hold being the devils creation

static holds are indeed harsh

I want to be able to do more SLS reps. Currenlty able to do the weighted/front raise/counterweight variation with a 5kg plate for 5x2. Would holding a 2.5kg plate instead make it harder because lower counterweight or easier because my leg is lifting less weight? Can't into physics.

>5x2
how did you arrive there? start from 3x3 for 15rep mastery

I got there from box pistols and negatives. Left leg still too weak and uncoordination for regular pistols

I mean rep range

Hollow holds + star planks = GOAT. Always great finishers for me

I got 5x5 box sls then 6x1 weighted same way w/ 2.5kg but when I changed to 5kg and my form improved I got to where im now

Just getting out of DYEL mode, went from being able to only do 10 pushups to just hitting 30 today. Took about a month.

Im about where you are, up to 3 sets 25 today. I feel like going any further is probably just endurace though and wont lead to much gains. Gonna try to move on to uneven or decline or something.

are either of u following a routine

this is maximum human performance, even if you don't like it

youtube.com/watch?v=FDg86QM5-jk

the books are really difficult to follow along with, there's not much explanation provided

I am scared of deadlifts are there any calisthenics movements to help build spinal erectors?

I think I hurt something in my traps while doing pull-ups. Get a dull pain within certain ranges of motion; feels different from DOMS. Feels bad enough to be distracting. Should I rest through a workout day or two, or work through it?

Is there a problem with doing a relatively intense bodyweight workout every day, maybe weekends off?
Doing pushups, pullups, inverted rows, squats, l sits, hip thrusts, planks, handstands and pushing myself pretty hard. I don't have time for work & gym.

you need rest days in between.
If you are doing full body every time the most you can do is every other day.

nothing really comes close to deadlifts because of how much you can load
various bridges and archbody/superman holds and their variotions are prob the best you can do
id take the rest of the day off just to be safe. make sure you're externally rotating your shoulders when doing pullups

Ok cool. Had people tell me every day was ok as long as I wasn't using weights. Would rather not destroy myself though

youll burn out after a while. consider doing some sort of split? like a straight arm day and a bent arm day. or an upper body day and lower day. or something like that

Missed you.

Do you guys think that L-sit/V-sit and Flag progressions are enough for abs? I only do this but was wondering if I should do anything else.

i used to only do hanging leg raises and v sits, but my obliques looked like shit compared to the rest of ab area. added in hanging windshield wipers and everything looks proportioned better now.
you might wanna try to add in something like wipers, side planks, or side lever work? idk

ah, if you meant side lever by "flag", my bad, thought you were referring to dragon flags

Karen is it? Glad to see you finally returned

Does this read like Chinese gibberish to any other BW newbies?

I have no idea where I am supposed to start with training BW....

foundation has it like this
Hollow body holds into Dragon flags into Front lever
hanging leg lifts into l-sit into "v-sit" into manna
windshelds into side arch body hold into side plank arch into side lever

I think side arch body holds and rocks are really good for obliques(much better than wipers and side planks). In your program you lack static holds like hollow body hold and dragon flags. I honestly don't know if that's a big problem.

it goes along with the Foundation pdf that you can download lower in the first post. i mean its a good program, but it focuses on slowly building the strength to perform some basic gymnast moves

if you wanna save some headache id just look up r/bodyweightfitness's reccomended routine. its just straight up variations of pullups, dips, pushups and shit like that

yeah it is gibberish. If you want to learn how to use it look into the OP. There is a magnet link Foundation 4 books. Download it and you'll get about 30 pages worth of explanations of which only 5 are important.
p.s. it's worth it

i really feel like the side lever progression is all over the place. arch body holds and rocks come super late in the progression and they just dont seem like a logical progression towards a side lever. at least to me. like, i was doing arch bodies and hollowbodies when i first started working out, and theyre definitely easier than stuff like around the worlds, windshield wipers and other stuff that precedes them.

after 5x15 you move on from push ups

follow first reply then

did you watch Scooby pull up video from OP?

everyday is fine if you only do maintenance

vacation :3

I'm following Foundation Manna and FL progression, those hit ABS hard and I do them twice a week, so 4 days a week I hit abs

It's a short version of PDF for those who can't torrent, you start from level 1 and if you can do it for mastery, to advance a level

I don't do SL progression, you could be right.

you know what. Now I remembered that I rushed through the wipers because of shoulder pain and tight hamstrings. Gonna give them a second chance. Anyway for me arch side body holds/rocks are frying my obliques. And Hollow body holds still feel like a tough workout when I am currently at single leg/straddle front lever.

btw where are you at your side lever progression. i am at side lever pull negatives when right hand is at the bottom. And some kind of SL block press when left hand is at the bottom. Heard it's normal one side to be lagging behind.

where are you at on your MN? I know you aren't rushing it like me. So when you get to the L-sit and Straddle - L you are going to need a lot of flexibility - compression work in particular. and if you search for straddle L in the gymnastics bodies forum you'll get a lot of good advice from Sommers. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

in other words
start doing seated straddle leg lifts ( the iM for Straddle-L). If you start doing it when you get to Straddle-L it will take you a lot of time to increase flexibility and that'll slow you down. btw 1 set of these is like 10 seconds, so you ain't losing much time and they aren't a dangerous exercise. Everybody can train them.

for this level of Manna I had to skip a shit of stuff, since I have nowhere to hang from, currently finishing Half L-sits using pbars, gonna move on to L-sits afterwards. I did 3 levels of MN and now I'm doing 10 (skipped 4 through 9)

I also went from PPPU to Pbar dips for HBP, not sure if I will continue, skill wise, HBP

It gets fun when you get ti Bulgaria dips and Hs push ups. so why not

I just did HBP for triceps gains, I want to continue with triceps gains and dips is the limit, so I have to add weight next. I already split my days to limit myself to one triceps exercise a day, another day I do SPL progression that hits it as well
as for HS PU, I don't like have much room to safely fall from it, nor do I want to hang upside down :

Thinking about using tuck box maltese to build up my tuck planche to handstand. Any other recommendations?

instagram.com/p/BYqSHATA-0k/

Dan is such a fagggo

Let's say there's a girl I'm dating who can only do bodyweight as the doctor has told her not to do weights for now. In order to reduce the waistline, improve posture and increase butt and leg size, what excercises should she do? Diet will be good.

stomach vacuums

Hot yoga
Pilates
Stripper pole exercise, no seriously those bitches are strong and flexible as fuck
Simple 80's style aerobics

But a basic bitch calisthenics + jogging or walking workout will work perfectly.

I can't do push-ups because of lack of strength. What do?

do the easier variations

I have a problem with putting my weight into my whole hand. When I do holds on my hand it instantly switches all the pressure to my lower palm. It looks red and feels a little sore afterwards but I never had any injuries 3 months in.
Am I going to damage my wrist in the long run by doing this? D

i can only do like 15 diamond push ups in a row, i want to train shoulders
what push ups should I do?

pikes into handstand

pseudo planche push ups
planche leans

The handstand push-up is the master of shoulder exercises.

i dont think he'd be able to do HSPU at this point
maybe just handstand holds against the wall

pushups train shoulders decently as well dont they?

Just recently started doing pppu's, gr8 stuff

pike pushup
elevated feet pike pushup
Wall assisted handstand pushup
Free standing handstand pushup
Telepathicly pushing yourself up and down

one handed handstand pushup in weighted suit

how the fuck.

Anyone have any experience with weighted pushups?
I was thinking about putting some plates in a backpack or something.

when you do them Elbows are in, correct?

Im trying to make gains not pilot a goddamn 747.

weighted dips, weighted chins, core work, single leg squats.
happy?

if you fggts arent training handstands then you aren't even trying

I was in the position your in now a while ago. Go back to the easier variations,
- wall pushups
- decline pushups
- kneeling pushups,
- half pushups, using a ball or box,
Focus on technique, muscle control and breathing.

All the way in?
That just puts more focus on triceps right?

flaring your elbows puts your shoulders in a disadvantageous position

>tfw HS progression is the only thing im stalling on because spooked
i dont even know how i would get assistance if i fell on my collarbone

How long are your workouts and how many total reps per session?

do plank variations hit ur traps?

questions regarding scapular positioning and control on pushing moves

for pushup variations, should i be protracted all the way through, or protracted at the top and retracted at the bottom?

for dips, retracted and depressed throughout the movement??

who's the would-be assassin that's gonna take advantage of me?

Bout a hour
Push ups & ab rolls with the rollo thing
Thats about all ive done started like a week ago tho

U just gotta go for it cuh

Do inclined push ups
run
wat? if you don't want to put the weight on your lower palm, you have to flex your forearm to switch weight towards your fingers more
the only reason to do weighted push ups, is if you are one of the few that has sternum pains during dips, but that just means your dip form is bad
if you faggots are not training you aren't even trying
yes, push ups are mainly a triceps exercise, if you want to work chest you do archer push ups
depends on where I am at in mastery (see first reply) if last part for 5x15 then it takes around 80mins, total of 150reps for two exercises
palms on the ground, back parallel to the ground should hit traps
for both only then your arms are straight
for dips I actually flex traps (middle ones), otherwise I get sternum pain

28 minutes and 53 seconds
4 and a half reps

I do them with a weighted belt, I switched to them from weighted dips just to change it up a bit.

Is it possible to get a cheaply priced resistance band for helping to work up to real pull ups, or are they just universally expensive? I'm a broke college student who built their pull up bar out of heavy pipe fittings and bolts, so I'm loath to drop fifty bucks on a piece of rubber.

I wouldn't buy a resistance band at all tbqhwymf(to be quiet honest with you my friend)
Accommodating resistance in a band will make it so that the bottom is really easy and the top is hard. You would just be training the top portion of the pull up more than anything.
It's better just to go with negatives.

Huh. Alrighty then, I'll keep at 'em. Thanks, man.

Just do eccentrics m8, 3xF controlled 3 second descends

Where do I go after push ups?

I went push ups > PPPU's > dips

Yeah, PPPU's feel good to do
I'll stick with these, thanks!

>when your acronym sucks so much you have to write it out defeating the point

other than that, agree, fuck resistance bands for pullups. they only help for the bottom portion, which is already the easiest portion

>when your acronym sucks so much you have to write it out defeating the point
DELET THIS

Has any of you been succesful in merging bodyweight training with olympic style weightlifting and some cardio in between? I've moved away from powerlifting and struggle to find a good program that incorporates both styles. When it comes to oly, I'm only interested in putting as much weight above my head as possible, so I'm not doing snatches at the moment. At them, I'm only doing muscle ups, pullups and dragon flags when it comes to bw, so it's not an issue right now, but I want to include static hold progressions all the way up to planche and all levers.

Do you think it would be possible to do a 5-day split with Mon, Wed, Fri dedicated to oly and Tue, Thur, dedicated to static holds? Cardio on Sat? Or does the bodyweight impede recovery for pressing and jerks too much?

Or how about 4-day oly-split with static progressions at the end of the program? Will I be too tired at the end to progress in bw?

isn't that basically what crossfitters do?

Many weight lifters like Klokov and Lu Xiaojun do things like weighted dips, pull ups and handstand push ups in their training.

I combine lifting with bw stuff, I do ABxABxx.
SPL is mainly front deltoid work, while FL is rear deltoids plus traps. So if you work towards SPL you hit same muscles are for your snatch/ohp, if you want to do both then split them into AB and have a rest day after, but it all depends how good your body is at recovery plus the shit you take

Maybe, though I never looked into crossfit. I don't want to get into wheelchair from doing high rep snatches when I'm tired.

And for a good reason, they're good assistance for pushing and pulling. But they can be incorporated fairly easily into any lifting program.
About static holds, I'm not so sure. I have a feeling that front lever and planche progressions take more time and are a lot more taxing than couple of pullup sets. Would I actually be able to progress in them if I do them after my oly sets? Or if dedicating my non-oly days for them would just fry my arms and abs completely?

lol i just meant it in the way that theres prob some good crossfit resources mixed in with all the terrible ones

I mean you shouldn't be forced to do skill work if you dont want to and obviously front lever and planche wont have the strongest carry over. You have to ask yourself if your goal is to be a good weightlifter or to be a good at bodyweight. If both are just hobbies you want to exceed in then do skill training if you like.

Thanks, that would indicate that it's not smart to train planche progressions the day after doing oly.

I'm natty, so there's that. But I've been training for many years and I'm doing ABxABxx at the moment. So I'm sure I can keep going with it.

Do you have any programs you could share?

Thanks, I'll look into it.
Yeah, I don't expect carryover. I just want to be able to progress in both styles. As for oly, I don't care about competing, hence I'm not doing snatches, at least not yet.

Basically I want to be good at bodyweight while being able to get a solid Clean and Jerk. Atm, I've been focusing on Oly, because my first bw goal was muscle up and I've had to teach myself how to do power cleans and push presses. That's a lot of new things so I've not gotten into static hold progressions yet.

I follow Foundation for BW part and just do rows + curls, nothing barbell related. You could try to see how far you can in SPL just from your OLY work, if you can OHP your bw you should be strong enough with your front deltoids to support yourself during SPL, though there are a few more muscles at work during planche
you could try AxBxAxx with bw on B

Thanks. I don't think I can stand working out just 3 days a week though. But I'll look into this. I just had this an though. Snatches and OHP are a lot more intensive for delts than C&J and Push Press and the time under tension is longer. So maybe I can include Planche Progressions to my OLY days after all.

You can always try it out and see how it goes.