Literally how?

Here's a weird medical thing that I need info on.

So I'm fat trying to at least become an acceptable human being. I used to eat like a whole pizza for lunch, with no regard for my health. For the past three months I've been counting calories trying to lose a pound a week. I weighed 311 at the start, and now after sticking to my calorie limit (mostly) for three months I weigh 320.

Even if I slack, how does eating like half of what I ate before still stack on pounds? If I'm gaining weight like this with much better control and habits, how did I not fucking die before?

people who eat "like a whole pizza for lunch" are often way off their tdee and they just think they eat loads

What is your calorie limit (mostly)?

Nice b8 m8

nigger cut carbs, I've lost 2 kilos in a week cutting bread and limiting myself to 1500-1800 calories per day, and I have 85 kilos. You would lose 5 kilos per week if you did that and moved your fatass from bed

>sticking to my calorie limit (mostly)
there's your problem, you're suppose to cut (-500 to your calorie limit)

Are you also lifting? Maybe you put on more muscle than u lost in fat. My guess is that you're lying on a Sicilian plate forging forum lying about your calorie intake. If you ate 80% of your tdee for 3 months you would have lost weight.

I've had my calorie limit set to 2,000 on MyFitnessPal (the 2lbs a week setting), but almost always go over by like 300 cals, thinking that at least I'm probably still losing weight. I've been going for walks irregularly, which I'm sure help, but they only usually last an hour and I put it in the app for 100 cals.

Also please tell me what a tdee is

>but almost always go over by like 300 cals, thinking that at least I'm probably still losing weight
>why am I gaining weight when going over my TDEE guys?????

I guess I just fell for some bullshit then. The app claims that at 2,000 calls a day I'm losing 2lbs a week, and at 2500 cals I'm losing 1lb a week. That's why I thought going over 2,000 was okay.

How should I really be looking at it?

>trying to
>(mostly)
>almost always
>probably
>irregularly
You won't see any progress until these words are no longer applicable to your lifestyle. And until you stop severely underestimating your calorie intake.

Yeah but can you explain what's wrong with the MyFitnessPal calorie counter? Is it just flat out wrong when it says that 2,000 cals a day will have me lose 2 lbs a week?

>Is it just flat out wrong when it says that 2,000 cals a day will have me lose 2 lbs a week?
It depends on your physical activity (or lack thereof).

how tall are you? google nsuns spreadsheet and start filling that in every day with your calorie counts and weight and see what it tells you your TDEE is and then -500 from it and aim for that

there's literally no way you're eating under your TDEE and gaining weight, it's physically impossible

I think you don't enter the right food on Mfp , try weighting your food and only eating real food that can be weighted .

Well the app not only has you put in your daily activity (mine being inactive) but you can also put in the amount of calories burned after exercise.

A week where I don't get any exercise, and I eat under 2,000 calories a day, by the apps logic I should lose 2lbs.

>StiCkiNg tO My CaLoRie liMiT (mOstLy)

>A week where I don't get any exercise, and I eat under 2,000 calories a day, by the apps logic I should lose 2lbs.
Then the simple answer is you're not eating under 2,000 calories a day.

I usually don't go by weight (like instead of choosing X oz, I'll go with a cup)

Is that inherently less accurate?

fuck off with your shitty facebook memes faggot, if you don't want to contribute don't post, you are the reason Veeky Forums has gone to shit

inb4
>fucK Off With youR ShItTy fAcEbooK mEmes fAggoT, If yOu doN't Want to cOntRibUte dOn'T pOst, you are thE ReaSon Veeky Forums Has goNe tO ShiT

Yes , weight is the most accurate you can get , oz are as retarded as cup , don't measure in volume , measure in weight .

It's worse than just a facebook meme, it's a facebook meme that literally nobody who has ever seen it has laughed at it.

>fucK Off With youR ShItTy fAcEbooK mEmes fAggoT, If yOu doN't Want to cOntRibUte dOn'T pOst, you are thE ReaSon Veeky Forums Has goNe tO ShiT