What's better for building mass? 3-8 reps or 8-12?

What's better for building mass? 3-8 reps or 8-12?

yes

Psst... hey buddy, wanna know a secret?

If you do each exercise heavy at low reps one workout, then light are high reps the next, you get the best of both worlds.

I actually thought about that

Whatever has the highest amount of force and lowest amount of acceleration typically has more mass.

In other words,3-8 reps would be best for mass?

1-4 = power
5-8 = power/hypertrophy
8-12 = hypertrophy

this guy is right. scientific studies say 8-12 reps 3-5 sets. volume is evrryrhing for mass

I do 5 sets of 12 for everything. That's optimal, right?

forget all of this. you need both 20 rep sets, slow sets, fast sets, sets where you do 1 rep then rest the weight and then 1 rep again, and you need sets where you hold the weight static

if youre not doing all that then you wotn grow optimally

Exactly 8 every time

>5 sets of 12 deadlifts

Won't that be fine if the weight is right so that the last rep is tough but form is still good?

fucking newbies get off my board

deadlift isn't the kind of exercise you want to do high volume, due to fatigue leading to form breakdown and possible injury

Just avoid 6-7 reps and you'll be ok.

Is 3x5 too much?
I feel like I won't even grow if I just did 5 reps of dl in a session

I do 3x4 or 4x3 depending on how I'm feeling, works well for me. Current PR is 340lbs for 4.

Oh the classic

12x3

Kek I do 15 reps. What do I get

ENDURANCE

Guys am I retarded for only doing compounds and maybe 3 accessories every day?

Bench days would be;
Squat, bench, dumbbell press, dips, tricep extensions. Go home.

I feel weak. Any advice?

Everything over 5 reps is cardio.

What are your other days? And ho many days a week you lift at all?

Serious?

Is this a meme, or is there actually a source on that?

Depends on how many sets you do you mongs! 10x3 is still volume and 10x3 will make you huge.

8-12 is best. Sometimes I go 15 but 8-12 is the ideal.

Squats days:
Squat til about 90 - 95% 5 sets x singles
That's literally it. Maybe deadlifts 5x5, or leg press. But lately have been doing nothing but squatting. In at around 345 1RM at 180 lbs bw.

Back:
Squats to warmup, Deadlifts 5x5, barbell rows 3x10, lat pull downs 4x12, cable row 4x8

Shoulders:
Squats warm up, OHP 3x10, lateral raises 3x15, facepulls 3x12, dumbbell press 5x5

Accessory days:
Curls, supine curls, closegrip curls, forearm curls, hex bar deadlifts and farmers walks.

Also workout 6 days a week. Sundays are rest days. Maybe 2 rest days in the event I can't get to the gym.

do pyramid workouts, start at a decent weight, then build up to really heavy for 2 or 3 reps, then go down again