Daily reminder that THIS builds upper chest, not incline

Daily reminder that THIS builds upper chest, not incline

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/tip-do-the-floor-press
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

friendly reminder to ALWAYS press from the floor

kek why does he love floor presses so much? it's just an inferior bench for poorfags.

INCLINE KEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH!

To work on the entire range of motion on his bench. A lot of people develop sticking points during the rep and pin press, board press, or floor press can all help build power to get you out of that spot during the real rep

or u can just use a bench like a normal person

Ah right. Just bench, don't do any accessories. How's your first month?

back in the day floor press was common in gyms, there was no such thing as benches. Its an old school exercise and its probably the best bench press assistance movement out there.
anyone whos gotten past the middld intermediate stage knows you cant solely bench to increase your bench. Unless you're the genetic elite

>eliminates leg drive
>eliminates stretch reflex
>dead weight press
>doesnt kill your rotator cuff
>convenient
>great assistance exercise for bench press
I dunno

Yeah have fun when you bail on the weight and snap your wrists when your elbows hit the ground you fucking retard.

i-is this for real?
are the EMG studies legit?

>not being the genetic elite

>eliminates leg drive
you can put your feet up on bench
>eliminates stretch reflex
idk what this means
>dead weight press
pause bench
>doesnt kill your rotator cuff
proper form (elbows tucked) prevents this
>convenient
getting in awkward position on floor? no
>great assistance exercise for bench press
bench to get better at bench

>"I have been lifting for 3 months"

only 2 years seriously but yeah you didnt have much arguments

i guess i shouldn't expect intelligence in an anonymous underwater basketweaving forum

>"Look mom, I did the meme!"

You could at least counter his points. Or just continue looking being a huge faggot idk

Lel you don't even Know what stretch reflex is, why should anyone listen to your advice?

>doesnt know what stretch reflex is
>lifting for 2 years seriously

and you want to tell me that you never noticed that sometimes doing consecutive rep is easier than first one, and it never got you thinking ?

You don't even know what stretch reflex is.

Have you ever done a floor press before?

maybe I just didn't know the proper name for it? chill man

>I don't know what stretch reflex is.

Shut up. And do some minor research.

t-nation.com/training/tip-do-the-floor-press

It's a very useful exercise to supplement the bench press. Research the conjugate method and start training properly.

>doesn't know what stretch armstrong is

putting your feet up on the bench is less convenient and more risky

stretch reflex is a very important and basic concept in weight training. Eliminating it makes exercises harder and helps with sticking points or strength without utilizing inertia.

if you work out at a gym with a power cage its just as convenient as benching

What if I'm training to get better at sports or all around strength/physical ability? Why would I limit myself to one form of stimulus by only doing standard bench pressing?

>bench to get better at bench
Wow dude you just figured out the system.
All those professional competitive lifters, powerlifters and bodybuilders are wrong and you're right.
Stop being a novice lifter before talking big about advice you faggot.

>"""""his""""" points
Lmao @ the samefagging

Fucking this, once you've actually been lifting for any amount of time and hit PRs and have trouble pushing past those you're going to start to develop random weaknesses in areas because for the majority of your novice lifting (and I don't mean that insultingly) you might have been doing stuff wrong, incorrect form or your body, like everyone elses develops natural tendencies to use certain muscles in the lift when you can engage more.

For example people might often flair out their elbows and bench from their shoulders, which I know I do. They're stronger but it makes for a weaker bench if you dont focus on bringing your triceps in for the lift. Bunch of other things all happen like that. Pause Bench, floor press, wide, close grip, palms facing in DB bench, rack press, and ect all help to supplement different areas of your personal lift where you might be weakest in the main one.

As I said in my previous post, do some research into the conjugate method a bit. There are tons of deadlift, squat and bench variations that are useful to learn.

Sounds like every personal trainer at planet fitness

He's right. Coming from someone who has done tons of floor pressing it's inferior and only gives you 2/3 of the ROM that you need for hypertrophy

HAHAHAHAHA holy shit, thanks for the laugh m8. You are stupid, ignorant, and arrogant. You are wrong, and should feel bad about how dumb you are. I don't even believe you have been lifting for two years, maybe off and on. Why? Because anyone who's spent a reasonable amount of time in a gym knows that you have to vary things up in order to succeed. Everyone has sticking points and plateaus, and doing the same exercise over and over again trying to progress is like beating your head against a wall. Saying >just bench more to get better at bench is like saying you should only play games of baseball to get better at baseball. But what if your throwing is bad, but your hitting is good? >just play more to get better? Clearly this is stupid advice, you should practice throwing more in order to get better at it, to get past your sticking point. Same is true with lifting. Suck at bench? Bench more. Suck at a specific part of bench? Do that specific part more. So if you suck at lockout, doing floor presses and shit will help. Also, it is significantly safer for your shoulders, keeping elbows tucked helps protect your shoulders on bench, but it is not the end all be all. If you have long limbs you can still injure your shoulder with perfect form because your shoulder blades are pinned but your arms are moving, which is a very unnatural movement pattern. Floor press restricts the movement to a safer ROM.

TL;DR - you're ignorant about a lot in regards to lifting so stop being an arrogant little faggot, sit down, shut the fuck up, and listen. You might actually learn something.

Either you're trolling or missed the entire point of the discussion. If you're simply training for hypertrophy you should not be using the conjugate method at all and don't need too many variations of standard lifts.

Things such as box squats, floor press, pin press, elevated DLs and band pressing has little importance if you just want to get big.

If you're actively training for strength and developing past your weaknesses the importance is huge and well worth exploring.