Help Veeky Forums i have anxiety everytime i go to the gym on chest day

Help Veeky Forums i have anxiety everytime i go to the gym on chest day.
>be me
>5'11 skelly
>new to bodybuilding
>go to ymca
>try bench press
>can barely bench two 25pl8s
>feel like people are judging
>leave to free weights
>only do incline flys and db press
Idk what to do Veeky Forums how did you guys over come some anxieties you had when you first started out?

When you realize no one gives a fuck

But im dead serious, someone has to have some sort of advice. Should i just stick to db's on chest day?

Just accept your chest is complete & utter shit, getting to 140lbs will take maybe a year for you
t. lanky chestlet

benching 2 25pl8s (if im understanding you completely) is 145lbs. That's not completely terrible. I know people who have been coming to the gym at least as long as me (2+ years) who still bench under that. So don't give up bro we'll all make it

I am dead serious. All that shit is in your head. Every single person who lifts more than you started where you are. Lift fucking 25 plates no one gives a fuck, stop denying yourself strength progress because of something you're imagining in your head.

But user-kun i weigh 143

I was really anxious when I started, but I kept going. Eventually it stopped, now the gym is one of the places where I feel most confortable. Just keep going user, you wont even notice the transition.

Thanks. I get this way because most of the dudes in the gym are big, and i mean Veeky Forums standards big so it's a little intimidating when im the only skelly there. The room is literally a separate section for benching/deadlift/squat

Yea you understand correctly, and they must eat like shit if they're under that weight and have been training for 2yrs+

>if im understanding you completely
you arent its 95 pounds

>5'11"
> lanky
Pick one
Start with lower weight then you dingus

Just stop thinking like that. Hell even if some dudes are waiting on you to use the bench don't rush yourself. Your time is just as valuable as theirs.

If anything that sort of environment will trigger a positive hormonal response from you and probably make you stronger quicker.

Nah it's a 45 bar and two 25's on each side

Who gives a shit OP. I'm benching about the same after 3 weeks of SS and I don't give a fuck. The non fags of your gym don't either, just don't hog the bench and no one gives a shit.

Like 95% of guys who are big now started where you are. They might have started at 14,18,25,30 years old but I guarantee the overwhelming majority of them were benching around that weight at some point. There are always exceptions of course, but anybody who is big (especially if they stayed natty) has usually also grown as a person in the time and dedication it took to get where they are, and don't look down on someone who is just starting.

Different user seconding this. It's really that easy man it's what you have to know and believe. NOBODY at the gym gives 2 shits about you. What you're lifting, how you're lifting, NOBODY cares.

I let those thoughts creep in occasionally as well as I only started 2 months ago and am a week skelly myself. I regularly see girls lifting much more than me and get self conscious. Once you realize though that everyone else is there for the same reason you are and just trying to get their workout in, ignore people, and get out it's a lot easier.

Nigga do you even math

This is very true, thanks. Since my gym is closed today im going to try tomorrow. I never thought of it that way

>2 25s on each side
>not 1pl8 and a five

The dude meant the bar and 2 25pl8s total you fucking brainlet. Why would you ever describe 145lbs as 2 25s on the bar?

25+25=50
25+25=50
50+50=100
100+45=145

Oh I thought you had a 25 on each side
Just put a 45 on each and start from there
I couldn't even start from there when I began

I used to be very fit with bodyweight exercises back in 2015-2016 but i fell off and wanted to go to the gym and actually not look dyel

I started on 5x5 i looked fucking ridiculous putting 2.5 pound plates on the bar, just accept that nobody cares.

keep telling yourself weekling, everybody dispize you

when I started I was benching an empty bar and my arms were shaking. shut the fuck up you stupid cunt.

How the fuck does one struggle benching only the bar
Thid has to be b8

Lol same...I've met my 2.5 bro

actually lold

Have you ever seen a skeleton bench? They shake a lot.

OP here, thanks for the boosts in confidence everyone

The only reason you think people are judging is because you spend way too much time on Veeky Forums, when in reality no one gives a shit. Get off this website, weak minded fool.

i thought you guys said people dont look at and judge others in the gym