What is the best fighting style for real self defense?

What is the best fighting style for real self defense?

I feel like Veeky Forums should know about this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u-cLDe6lopU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Krav Maga
>destroy the nuts end fight

This. Trained 4 years, taught 2. Saved my ass in the club bouncing years.

A grappling art mixed with a striking probably. In my opinion judo mixed with muay thai, but it's really more up to time practiced and experience than which specific style you train in as long as it's not retarded.

A gun, knife or blunt weapon.

Street fighting
Ghetto boxing gyms teach this to you half way but getting experience is where the knowledge really comes from

Krav Maga will get you ready to take on the average street thug the quickest.

At higher levels, against more trained opponents, other arts would be better. You don't hear about Krav Maga masters winning UFC.

UFC is a sport though

I used to do Judo but in real life you arent gonna get down on the ground and start choking a guy

I'm taking Krav Maga now, is it really that good?

Only started 3 months ago

Bullshido at it's finest.

Judo, Boxing, Muay Thai, and BJJ can be effective.

Yeah that's because Krav Maga focuses on utterly fucking your opponent, not just beating the shit out of him or putting him into submission

BJJ for 1 on 1
If it's more than 1 you're probably better off with learning boxing

look see do

go watch some street fights

this, only do martial arts that actually train fighting not choreography.

I feel like you need to be good at wrestling and striking because if you get put out of your comfort zone with either you instantly become un-trained. Like if you box and some bigger guy just comes up and grabs you, you don't really have any experience. At the same time though if you get into a conflict in a bar I wouldn't recommend taking someone to the ground because he friend might come up and boot you in the face.

>You don't hear about Krav Maga masters winning UFC.
no shit you retard. Krav Maga involves stuff that's illegal in UFC and any sport.

why do people keep saying this? i mean i get the logic but doing Muay Thai or Judo exclusively 4 times a week for a few years will probably put you in a better place for self defence than doing both 2 times each a week over the same time.

either way you're probably going to shrek anyone in a street fight if you're somewhat strong and do any logical martial art for a few years.

Krav Maga is a meme
Go with Muay Thai, BJJ, and Boxing

Nothing wrong with training just one to get really good at it, it just seems logical to me to be balanced in both styles so you have more versatility. The difference between levels of black belt won't matter much in a street fight as much as knowing both grappling and striking would.

This is all just my opinion though, dont take it as fact.

this, its not full proof by any means but fighting with just about anything on the table in a live situation (read: mma gyms that spar regularly) is the closest non-weapons based training you can get to real life preparation

krav maga if taught by former idf special forces can be totally legit, and will involve elements of boxing and grappling. krav maga taught by chuck down by the mall will make you sound dangerous until you fall apart under pressure

if you are serious about preserving your life from legitimate threats, buy a gun and invest in formal training on how to use it

It can be depending on certain variables just like all of these traditionalist nay sayers about Krav never mention about their art:

> How intense the training is?
> How far do you want to go with it?
> Have the instructors actually ever been in a fist fight?
> Are the instructors capable of helping individuals find different means of getting the same results?
> How are the drills set up?

That being said, no system is ever perfect. Krav is a good place to start though. Learned far more than I ever did while training MMA, i.e., does MMA teach you how to deal with a cracked out knife wielder?

if your plan to deal with a cracked out knife wielder still involves using your hands, congratulations, you are a mall ninja and i hope you never have to try it in real life

>*get stomped by this friends*

The art of fighting dirty or the art of running the fuck away

I did judo as a kid. You're full of shit. It's pretty easy to get someone on the ground. Then you finish the fight by breaking an arm or choking them out. Judo is great for that

Never get in a fight you can't win. If you can't win go for balls shots.

This. It is not "street honorable" so anything goes in krav maga. Yelling into opponents ear if you cant do anything else and kicking opponents nuts before fight even begins. It is effective thats for sure.

>You don't hear about Krav Maga masters winning UFC.
No shit. Point is to get out life or death situations, not to fight fair.

This, BJJ is THE best skill for one on one, for use on the street where you're likely going to get your head caved in by the opponent's buddy take boxing, mma or krav maga, and spar at LEAST once a week. Sparring experience and understanding how the body works is more valuable than skills taught against a bag.

If your real and genuine concern is self defense, that is to say keeping yourself safe from others, then developing social skills and learning parkour are your best bets.

>What is the best fighting style for real self defense?
Being tall and imposing.

Krav Maga and Muai Thai is best combo. You know it works when you're literally using the dirtiest tricks created by Jews, this is what you use when you're out of non violent options

the one that lets you shoot them
there is no guarantee they don't have a weapon or won't pull one. With how affordable and available firearms for "self defense" it's just foolish to rely on inferior methods. That being said you can always use a backup like line or spear (they're both acronyms) are military martial arts with emphasis on neutralizing the attacker quickly and almost entirely form muscle memory there is very little thinking they like the flow chart martial arts. Krav is also good but has very few legit instructors they're mostly frauds or teach a less practical version of it.

Jiu jitsu. Real fights end up with everyone rolling around on the ground and breaking someone's arm or finger will always end a fight quick. There's always a puncher's chance in any fight but realistically you are going to end up on the ground wrestling every time.

To everyone saying BJJ, I've been to a couple classes, coming from Kyokushin, and found it really weird how every training starts on the ground and they teach practically no striking. In real life you never start on the ground and the first thing I'd do if I wanted to defend myself would be a good right low kick to the knee or a sucker punch to the jaw, people with no experience in contact sport just collapse. If the person has friends around going down to grapple is also a huge fucking mistake that you'll never get to make again, you need to be upright and responsive.

How did this shit become popular as a "real life scenario" deal? I realize under their ruleset in a ring anyone who doesn't know grappling well would lose, but in real life going for a grapple gets you kicked in the head by the attacker's friends and there are faster ways to end the fight if you're scared for your life, and not knowing how to throw a punch or a kick after years in a martial art is ridiculous.

Also the training was really, I'm not sure how to describe it, "light"? I didn't finished dripping with sweat and hurting all over and with my knuckles bleeding and legs collapsing under me, I expected the usual stress-your-limits deal and it was actually really relaxing and unstressful. Totally not what I was expecting.

Iv been in three street fights, two were unprovoked and one I was being a drunk ass hole. What I learned during my personal experiences is the fight is decided with the first "good" strike. I threw s forward kick in my first fight to the guys mouth, I knew I had won at that point. He was staggered and only was willing to exchange a few hits before he fucked off. My second fight was similar, he pushed and I pushed back with all my might, I jumped back wards as he walked forward and his arms draw. I threw a really nasty low kick (I was really proud of that one, one of the best I'd throw ) it charley horses him badly, I could tell he was hurting so I stopped the fight by creating distance and walking away. Third fight I got into a clinch and then it turned into floor wrestling, I think that fight turned out even, he knew what he was doing in the ground but prior I was fucking his world up.

Muay Thai is my game Btw.

I wrestled (an extremely stylized SPORT) and it helped me in a couple street fights. boxing has helped me more, but being able to take someone down is IMMENSELY an upper hand

A lot of Jew Fu depends on where you train. Some are McDojos, some aren't. Look for a place with a high number of prison guards and a low number of cardio bunnies.

I heard that the training gets more demanding as you get more skilled.

anyway, I can see a fight going to a grappling situation. its common. then, just then, it might be useful.

just my opining. never trained. only doing MT since february

Marksmanship
Running fast
Krav Maga
Boxing/Muay Thai
Jiu Jistu/Wrestling/Judo
Reincarnation

were you wearing jeans pants?

did you teep the first guy?

did you roundhoused the second?

>mt since february

higher belts will take it easier on lower belts because they want to work on precision, technique, and timing. Lower belts go balls to the wall on higher belts because they are trying to prove themselves.

>in real life you arent gonna get down on the ground and start choking a guy
All these kids with no street fighting experience offer advice on street fighting.

99% of fights are between two people usually because of some kind of verbal misunderstanding fueled too far by alcohol.

Best self defense is a gun!

Best fighting style for self defense is this Muay Thai/BJJ

Jon Jones uses krapmaga +a shit ton of roids and still has a hard time winning against second rate fighters

gunfu - bullet to the head tiger style

Krav Maga is the Crossfit of martial arts. It's just a monetary scheme to trick the goyim out of their shekels. It's purely for LARPers.

In regards to self-defense... My first question is: What the hell is wrong with you that you are getting into fights? I'm guessing that it is largely your fault. Biggest self-defense tip is to stop being a dumbass.

Martial arts should be viewed as a leisure activity to stay in shape. Why would you spend thousands of dollars and 1000s of hours for that one street fight you got into because you are a fucking retard? Seems a lot more effective just to buy a gun and/or stop being a dickhole.

Post continued:

Combat Sambo

Anyways, here is my opinion on various martials arts as one of the grappling coaches at an old school gym that has produced mulitple UFC champions:

Wrestling: Great sport to do in school. Probably the best base style. It is generally free-ish and has a pretty high learning curve. It's also hard. Very hard.

Judo: It's a cheap club sport. I assume it has the highest injury rate out of any martial art. Not nearly as useful of a base style as wrestling. Has the highest learning curve of grappling styles. Very hard sport, but fun.

BJJ: My specialty. Very fun and something you can do for a very long time (lower injury rate). If you want to be an all around martial artists, starting with wrestling would be better as a grappling style. More expensive, but the most fun and safest grappling sport. One big advantage of paying more, is that you have a higher likely hood of a higher quality/professional gym.

Boxing: Best art to develop TBI. Cheap and effective. I would never train boxing on its own. Too many shot to the head. I would suggest it as an occasional supplement to other arts.

Muay Thai: Most fun striking style. If you are a hobbyist and follow traditional training methods, there is a very low risk of injury. More expensive than boxing, but also better in almost every way (unless you just want to be a a boxer).

MMA: Some gyms now offer stand alone MMA programs. It is very hard training. Generally not want you want as a hobbyist. However, it is obviously very well rounded and fun.

If a martial art wasn't listed it's probably not very good or too rare.

What do you people honestly think you just go to the Combat Sambo store and say: "I'd like some Combat Sambo please"?

Combat Sambo is a subrule set of Sambo. In the Russian sport system, you train Sambo for years before you are allowed to do Combat Sambo.

That ref should be fired.

Boxing and wrestling. When you are verbal and the guy comes closer, look away for a brief moment, like you look for your friends and than use the momentum and hit him as hard as you can. Boxing is training you how to punch fast and hard. You dont need "eye grabbing" or "nut kicking". Thats something that every kid can do. You need to learn to fight and how to use distance, like infight and out-boxing. Also reflexes and seeing openings. Thats something that only sparring will teach you, or better, a tournament.
When he hards grappling with you, wrestling or judo will help. I felt that wrestlers have the better and harder throws. Throw him to the ground really hard and dont try to get to the ground if you arent sure if his friends are around.
A guy throw one of my friends to the ground and started beating him. He thought, we wouldnt go between them. We bottled and kicked the shit out of him, even after he was out.
Last but not least is your alcohol-level. You can be the best fighter in the world. If you are shitfaced, you wont be able to defend yourself. I only party outside when Im sober. I have beaten some guys who think they are strong, because they were bigger and taller than me. One blow to the chin and they were out, not because they were weak, but because they couldnt realise the world around them. They were to drunk and didnt see my hook coming.

OP, just look for a gym that teaches more than one martial art, so you can choose what you wanna do. I would always recommend boxing, muay thai or kickboxing and wrestling, judo, bjj. You can visit krav maga seminars for some street fight tips.

Bodybuilding, win fights so hard they don't even start.
Also carry a singlestack 9mm

I just wanted to post a WEBM of the Tiger to be honest with you lad, favourite guy in the UFC

Huh, I assumed it was going to be of Khabib

I can vouch for this, trained for a very long time without sparring and even to boxing gym regulars I looked like I could fight, slip etc. My first sparr was a mess but after that I got more agressive and Im no a pretty good sparrer imo, since I dont "lose" them now

Khabib is great too but Khabilov is a strange one

He's got amazing takedown skills but he basically never tries to submit anyone. so all his fight end up being him slamming the guy over and over again and just pounding on him, always makes for a good watch

That's for people who don't know how to fight, fight a good kick boxer and you might loose some teeth before you try to grab him

Hey virgin most people don't know how to fight, most people on Veeky Forums have never been in a real fight in their life.

>We bottled and kicked the shit out of him, even after he was out
You are a degenerate and I hope you get handcuffed by a policeman and cry in court to the judge that you were acting out of self-defense before he throws your sorry ass in jail. Wailing on an unconscious guy on the floor that is no longer a threat is literally nigger attitude. In my book that's attempted murder.

The first two fights I was wearing cargo shorts I think. The third was dress pants, I was somewhere nice and I regret acting that way. The first fight was indeed a teep, second time was not a round house it was just a nice low kick.

Hey faggot keep thinking like that till you're out with your boyfriend one night and you have to fight a boxer

Wasnt really the greatest moment of my life, but this guy constantly hit my friend who was laying on the ground. My friend was out as well and the guy continued. Noone of us was thinking clearly. We were filled with rage and after he was out, he got 3 more kicks. 2 to the stomach and one to the ass.

Boxing, muay thai, kickboxing, and add some brazillian jiu jitsu

Others is trash in self defence.

Judo is really great in almost every situation. Particularly if you train to take down people without gis.

>implying I have a boyfriend
good burn what are you 12 and retarded?

Krav Maga is basically the cross fit of martial arts. Its just some jewish scam shit to make money teaching you to suck peoples dicks to win fights.

one of the problems with krav maga is the reliance on genital blows which has been proven time and time again to be a BAD idea

If some 6'4" 230 pound bearmode beast is high on adrenaline and testosterone in a fight he wont stop everything hes doing and break down and cry because he got hit in the balls. He just gets angrier and fights even harder. Only basement dwelling retards who've never been in a real fight before think a nutpunch is the ULTIMATE WEAPON in a fight

bjj is becoming increasingly commercial, which was unavoidable i guess, but it leads to that situation you are describing

some people really drinking the koolaid defend it, but it is 100% garbage to only train bjj for realism and start on the ground and never allow strikes

the years of blue belts for bjj having to participate in MT smokers are long gone

this, same applies to eye gouges and every other meme """shortcut""" to winning a fight

Buy a gun

"But your honor he was a doucebag and kept kicking my friend when he was down, he deserved to get hit while still unconscious and posing no threat!"

Yeah that's attempted manslaughter go fuck yourself you little nigger shit.

he is gonna stop
the pain is excruciating

>youtube.com/watch?v=u-cLDe6lopU

have you never been hit in the balls?

Krav maga osnt in ufc because its lethal not because its useless against trained opponents. You cabt have a friendly jrav maga fight, you just literally cant.

Its like pankration. Its not a useless martial art its just too lethal. In pankration they suggest things like strapping leather with metal studs to your fist and kneeing the opponents head towards the spine.

In whatever the fuck the us rangers train in its just literally 1000 ways to push an attacker away then shoot them on the ground

For a life or death situation? A gun

For a street fight with no weapon? Krav Maga, Combat SAMBO, or MCMAP.

For a sport? BJJ

He let it go on a little long but MMA refs tend to do that. Sometimes it works out (pic related)

what a fucking monster

a true warrior, holy fuck

I laugh at all people who recommend BJJ for self defense. The least thing you want to do in the street is to play this bullshit on the ground like keeping them in your guard. No motherfucker, you want to get back on your feet ASAP. Also it teaches a lot of techniques that are straightup deadly if you try to pull them off in a real street fight, you will have to collect your brains off the asphalt

its important to know
you might end up on the floor, and if you don't have any idea how fighting there works you will get pwned

Freestyle wrestling + Kickboxing is the only real answer. Most MMA champions have background in those.

I think that for groundfight it is important to know wrestling and grappling but not BJJ

A five minute mile

Boxing obviously

That's really common at Gracie gyms, or 10th planet gyms. Sometimes it's just a matter of space, tough to wrestle from standup on a crowded mat. Other gyms have more Judo or Sambo or Wrestling genetics and you'll learn throws and takedowns. Most gyms that do BJJ have separate wrestling classes at least once a week as well.

But the philosophy of starting from the ground is that once you're both skilled, there's a lot that can take place down there. I might let you get half guard because I'm really good at sweeping from there, where you have your own offense to pass to mount. If standup is an option, I'm either on top of you submitting you or I'm getting back up. If you want to play the full game of ground wrestling you need to restrict some things, which is the same idea behind Gi training.

Is it all practical? No. Competitions start from standup, and a good wrestler could learn a few subs and do very well in lower belt tournaments. But if you put the hours in and become a fucking killer from the ground, that becomes a real power. The really great players are fucking frightening to even be mounted on.

Capoeira

>Someone tries to punch you
>Swing your leg over his head and do a flip
>Turns around to punch you again
>Moonwalk the opposite direction and do a leg sweep
>He hits his head on the ground
>Win the fight

i don't remember ever being taught that lock out in the end of the video, what is that moves name?

It's a kimura

Americana from that position I believe, a part of a larger series of shoulder locks called Kimura

Americana is with the elbow pointing towards the legs, Kimura is with the elbow pointing in the direction of the head.

Kimura is fist towards your ass, americana is fist to the sky

gun or german suplex

Eh, fake Krav will get you dead.

Real Krav is just boxing/wrestling taught with an emphasis on situational awareness.
It won't win a fight against a skilled opponent, but it will give you enough time to de-arse the situation and grab a gun.

Judo is more grappling oriented, and helps you learn to stay on your feet. When you train Muay Thai you do clinch work, but it's not as in depth as Judo, BJJ, or Greco-Roman wrestling.

>one random spic hick fighting another person for fun getting his eyes poked out = a man in an emotionally driven rage getting punched in the testicles by some scrawny kike

???

My problem with most martial arts is that everyone says some bullshit like "Hey, just do JEWJINSKI for three years and you will be golden!.
What I actually want to do is spend 3-4 months learning enough to beat 99% of the population, not dedicate my youth to it.
From that perspective, which approach will be the most efficient at making you deadly?

>get a gun/knife/dragondildo
Sure, but you still need something when you don't have those handy.

do bjj, in 3-4 months you'll be able to submit a layman. You're fucked if the other guy knows what he's doing though.

Should I do it before or after I stop being a fatass?

>wants it easy
>its a fatass

who would guess

Being a fatass will hinder you obviously but the stuff you learn will be applicable both before and after.