Hair thread/healthy hair

who has knowledge about healthy hair please share.
i usually use wax once a day 5-6 times a week and wash my hair 6 days a week, sometimes 2 times per day, is good/bad is that?
the wax i use is called "got2b gentlemen"
shampoo" head & shoulder for men

>wash my hair 6 days a week
ISHYDDT

>tfw try to go nopoo
>scalp is itchy and dandruffy after 3 days but looks smoother and thicker

Shower every day, only wash my hair with shampoo 3 days a week the rest is just water. Also I use super secret shampoo

Pomade is easier to use, better and can be washed out with just water.

Biotin
Omega 3
Skin Nails and Hair (solgar)
Eat jello everyday
Plenty of fruits and veggies (organic if possible)
Apply once a week casor oil + rosemary essential oil, live it overnight and shampoo it the next morning

Thats all you need for healthy hair (as long as you don't have MPB)

AND DONT FUCKINF SHAMPOO IT 6 TIMES A WEEK. 1 OR 2 IS ENOUGH

How can I get straight hair when I have normally quite curly and thick hair?I'd like to have longer hair but as soon as they get a little longer they get puffy and curly as hell.

this. i get a lot of compliments on my long hair and i only use shampoo 3 times a week. you need the natural grease to keep your hair healthy. also stop eating like shit and your hair will look better. no greasy shit no fried shit. most important thing is to wash it WELL. scrub your scalp and lift up each section of hair and make sure the water and shampoo reaches your scalp.

ITT: people who have never worked hard enough to need a 2x/day shower, and prefer the greasy hair incel look

i have short hair so i wax it to stay in place, so that means from mon-friday i have wax in my hair, how am i supposed to wash my hair every 2 days?
also is wax mad for your hair? i saw some kind of "washable wax" at the drug store, is it really washable, can you wash it out with just water?

i'm on a budget, so what can i eliminate from your list?
i just read "Other uses of biotin -- for conditions like cradle cap, hepatitis, hair loss, and. depression -- are unsupported or untested."
"However, most people don't need biotin supplements. We get biotin in foods naturally. Our bodies also recycle the biotin we've already used. Genuine biotin deficiency is quite rare."

and i wax. my hair every day, i can't just leave it unwashed for 2-3 days.

eggs have biotin so if you eatt those, you got it covered

Jellos (atleast in my country) are extremely cheap. Castor Oil costs me about 10 euro and it lasts for months. Just buy a skin nails and hair supplement and you'll be fine.

Don't forget the veggies and fruits which every Veeky Forums dude should eat daily.

Have asian genes.

Glad i could help, but seriously 2 times a day is too much. Any anti dandruff shampoo is good.

>t. guy with pic related healthy hair

>one shot at life
>born with naturally curly Jonah Hill from Superbad hair
Is there any hope for me? I'm thinking about getting a keratin treatment but growing out my hair is a miserable experience.

washing your hair too often can be bad. The skin on your head produces some oils that keep it and the hair healthy, not to mention bacterial flora that help the skin be healthy as well. Of course, not washing at all makes it even worse. So.. I usually wash it 1 day and the next to I don't but this is not a routine. Sometims I just wash it 3 day straight and 1 day I don't; or I do intervals of 1 day wash/1 day don't. Anyways, most women I know compliment my hair, think I have some secret formula or some shit. Secret is: don't wash it every day.

I shower 2* a day user, some people just have greasier skin. If I wash my hair every day my hair becomes dry and I get dandruft, but if I leave it more than maybe 4 days it gets greasy.

I think the sweet spot is 3 times a weak desu

i get that, but i need to style my hair everyday. if i don't style it, it looks like some kind of loser. is there wax or whatever styling thing that doesn't require shampoo to be eliminated from hair?

this isn't a good thing

thanks.
how do you deal with styling products in your hair? do you let it sit there 2-3 days without washing it out?

water soluble pomade like suavecito

No idea man, mine's too long and I have the whole homeless student look going on and not in a good way, I pretty much just brush and condition my hair if it's dry. I'm also a broke student so it works I guess.

You're going to have to pay a premium for hair product that doesn't fuck you over.
There's a reason most women tell men that their long hair is healthier and looks better, it's because men with long hair generally don't use product or apply to much heat to their hair.
Wash your hair in lukewarm to cold water btw.

I blowdry my hair every day man. Drying long hair is agony, I miss being able to towel over my hair for one minute and having dry hair.

If I shower in the morning I just do it 1.5 hours at least before I leave or if I don't have time shower after getting home.
Shoulder-length hair here.

I'm way too lazy man. I generally wake up an hour before, I should probably try and wake up earlier though, I feel like a fucking zombie in the morning most days.

I feel like a zombie until nighttime no matter what.
I do have the benefit of being extremely anxious about going places so even though it's my last year of uni I have to wake up 2 hours before leaving at least so I don't feel like I'll be late.

Shit man. This is me, I hate being late but my friends apart from 1 girl are always at least half an hour late. This break we went out nearly every day and generally met at 12, I swear to god there wasn't one day where we didn't leave at 1 because some fuckwit didn't want to get out of bed.

Especially with the shitty London transport and traffic. But yeah, until about 1 o clock most days I feel awful and that's with 8 hours sleep and waking up at around 7

I wash my hair 3 times a week, it's receded a wee bit from my teens but I'm 28 and it's still pretty good. I think my wash routine has a lot to do with this

>he doesn't wash every day

You are fucking disgusting genetic trash

God

You can condition your body too get slower greasy. If the frequency of washing your hair is too high the body will start producing more sebum. Just shiwer less and after a while your body will accustom to it.

Why not get a hair style that doesn't need styling?

How to nopoo when blonde?
My hair turns brownish and everyone that knows me notices I'm suddenly not blonde and knows how greasy it is.

What shampoo and conditioners do you anons use? Been using Head and Shoulders shampoo and I get a lot of compliments on my hair.

I have a double crown so I'm pretty limited in hair styles full stop, if I don't comb it I have bed head all day.

I did try nopoo for about a month but my hair gets dandruft like when I wash too much.

>nopooers think people don't notice their greasy ass hair

Pro tip we do. Also for my MPB bois DERMA ROLLERS GET ONE, USE IT. GOOGLE DERMA ROLLERS AND HAIRLOSS AND SEE FOR YOURSELF

Biotin is great and I do wash twice a day. I work out everyday and do sweat so I wash my hair 2xs a day. I use a light shampoo in the morning tho. And unfortunately I have oily skin so if I skip a day my scalp becomes uncomfortably itchy and greasy. I'm pretty sure that there is no exact amount of hair washing. If you live in a humid place and sweat, guarantee you will wash your hair more than if you live in a dry environment and don't do sweaty exercises.

Moar?

MPB

Only option is finasteride and even that only somewhat increases density. It doesn't make hair magically grow back where it has resided. The moment you stop taking it the MPB will progress further. Fucks with test levels.
Decide against taking it, just buzz my hair and go with the Jason Statham look instead.

I wish I could have my fabulous hair back that I had until MPB kicked in in my early twenties.

Receded*

Minoxidil works for some people. Also gentle scalp massages. The point of every treatment of MPB is to increase blood flow to the scalp.

Here is my method:
Shampoo MWF
Condition F (I use Tea tree lemongrass thickening shampoo)
Blow dry hair - do NOT towel dry vigorously
Hair, skin and nails vitamins, fish oil caps daily
Occasional hair mask using warmed up coconut oil and raw egg
Light scalp massages - even if you don't have hair loss, it will help make hair fuller and healthier
Unless you are unusually skilled, find a professional to cut your hair. Your homemade clipped cut probably doesn't look as good as you think

who /nopoo/ here

>haven't put a drop of shampoo in my hair in over 4 years
>been growing it out for the past year now
>thick healthy hair
>at my collarbones but I keep it up
>get nothing but compliments
Feels okay man. We're all gonna make it

How does not shitting make your hair bettet?

How is it that pajeets have good hair when they shit all the time?

How should I style my hair?

You literally can't though

Go bald, grow it out and get dreads, or at least get it lined up.

It goes away after about a week keep going man

Guys I'm just hearing stuff in this thread about healthy hair and how to get primped and preemed. Just relax and grow your hair out long, not having to worry about huge barber bills. Girls dig a guy who's relaxed and wears old worn-down band shirts with ripped jeans.

>Why not get a hair style that doesn't need styling?
they obv dont look as good

Thoughts on tying hair up or back / manbun? I know a lot of people hate it but I think it can look cool. Also how long does hair take to grow enough to be able to be tied? I've been growing mine for 5 months so not sure when to expect significant length.

>growing your hair long
>as a man

pfhfhahahahhahahaahahahhaha

try putting a beanie on right after showering after you pat dry your hair

Tips for healthy hair
>use conditioner. Not 2 in 1 men bullshit. Good conditioner. Aussie 3 minute miracle is deep conditioning for very cheap or find a natural brand that doesn't smell like girl
>don't wash it every day
For those of you who must due to heavy perspiration, use apple cider vinegar every other day. The smell will go away and you'll be able to clean your scalp without losing oils. If you try this but don't stick to it, use hair conditioner every other day instead of shampoo. Rub into scalp. Won't clean the same but will condition and odorize your scalp.
>eat fruit and veg and drink tons of water, of course
>switch to leave in hair conditioner instead of pomade or wax. It will look more natural and can stay in longer.
this is a must for my curly haired brethren. If your hair is curly, you absolutely need to use leave in, I can explain in further detail if anyone wants curly hair tips.
>regular trimming for those of you who grow it out. Split ends ride up the hair shaft and weaken until they break off and the hair continues to grow with that split at the end just snapping or riding up. The hair doesn't get much longer until you trim the ends
>rinse hair in cold water
I usually shower as normal. Wash hair first, then condition, leave in the conditioner while I wash my body and shave, then rinse off body, turn off hot water and rinse in the coldest water possible. It's just my scalp getting it so it's not a big deal.

Ask if you have any questions

Twists or just get lined up

Dude black guys have way more hairstyle variety than we do. Maybe not black girls since they always wear weaves but black guys always have their hair all lined up. There's like 4-1 black to white barbershops in my hometown and the black ones are always busy

about a year year and a half depending on your starting point

I like to use a mixture of any carrier oil with a few drops of peppermint oil. Just a small amount stops the itch and it feels nice on my scalp.

I'd be interested in what you said about curly hair and leave in conditioner. I wouldn't describe my hair as curly, but it might be applicable

Go bald and grow a beard

Please share some wisdom with us poor curlanons

my hair is wavy you could say and dark blonde.
is using washable wax safe for everyday use (i look a bit retarded if i don't style it)

i'm a student and don't have that much money for a conditioner, shampoo, hair vitamins, essential oils and so forth.
is there something simple and cheaper?
i don't care about washing it everyday, i care about styling it everyday.

shampoo first then conditioner?

Bump

I have long hair, currently washing every 2-3 days, yet I still have dandruff and my hair appears oily most of the time, what do?
I used to wash less often and my dandruff was worse, should I try washing every day?

Please still rinse your scalp with water.

Guys wtf I can only use Head & Shoulders, otherwise i get dandruff and it sucks. I literally cant use any other shampoo

I wash my hair maybe once a week, its whenever it gets dirty. I dont sweat much at the gym unless i do cardio so I feel like i can get away with it.

>Rinse with warm water
>Apply Conditioner, I use fructis.
>Leave in until the end of the shower, occasionally massage it into the scalp
>Rinse with cold shower thoroughly
>Semi-dry hair with towel
>apply a small amount hair oil
>If you want to style it, use a styling cream and go light on the hair spray if you want more hold.
>If you want to blowdry it, use the cold setting if possible. If you dont have that option, keep the hairdryer further away from the head so you dont cook your shit.
>obtain compliments

This is what I do and I literally get bombarded with compliments on my hair. I had slight curly hair that has developed into more of a wavy type. Its soft as shit though and girls love running their hands through it, as do i.

But everyone is different, so what works for me might not work for you.

keep them super short, it's no biggie
if it makes you feel any better, people with ultra curly jew hair don't go bald as easily as people with straight silky hair

I just use something like head and shoulders. I don't have any more dandruff problems. Washing it more will make it worse in the long run.

There's nothing wrong with this. I get girls asking me about what shampoo I use when all I use is Head and Shoulders

No shampoo m8

at least the Lord blessed you with a BBC.

i'm a sweaty guy in general, is washing your hair every 2 days ok? i have short hair.
i want to use "washable wax" is it ok for everyday use?
can i just use olive oil bought at a grocery store?
and is a conditioner necessary, i'm poor.
i can try to invest in hair and nail supplements, shampoo and olive oil but more than that i'm afraid to go bankrupt.