Sleep

>pic unrelated

Sleep is a topic that is often brushed over and handwaved; "yeah, yeah, I get enough sleep" but it is important for your health.

1.For a healthy sleep, you need 8-9hrs of it a day, in a completely dark room.
COMPLETELY DARK
no lights from your phone, computer, charger, the street, ect, NO LIGHT WHATSOEVER.
your eyes can sense any light in the room (even when closed) and this fucks up the melatonin released in your pineal gland, which controls your sleep cycle.
If you want a deeper and more refreshing sleep get rid of all those annoying lights. ALL OF THEM.

2. Electronics emit that blue light that keeps you up, so stop using them before bed. You should stop using all electronics an hour or so before you go to bed.
>muh f.lux
yeah, that will help somewhat, but you're probably on the fucking computer all day, so get off already faggot
use this time to do something productive like, reading!?! or practicing an instrument, or meditating.
not to mention the excitement and interactivity of shiposting or playing some vidya isn't going to help you go to sleep, it'll keep you up longer.

1/2

Other urls found in this thread:

google.ca/url?q=https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/551125.Sleep_Thieves&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiP1LvIuozWAhXh1IMKHYSZDpsQFghQMA4&usg=AFQjCNFioIezRR4KTU-afJibTWfMJa9VEA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

3. Be consistent when you go to bed. If you wake up and go to sleep at different times every day it'll fuck up your sleep cycle, so pick a bedtime and stick to it
>Bedtime: 11pm, Wakeup: around 7am
>Bedtime:12am, Wakeup: around 8am
>Bedtime:1am, Wakeup: around 9am
these are just guides, as your body might need more or less sleep, but if you have shit in the morning you can use this as a guide for a good bedtime.
>but muh work schedule
pick the earliest time as your standard
if you work a nightshift you shouldn't

4. Temperature: you sleep best when it's cooler, around 65-70 F (18-21 C for eurocucks) so don't crank the heat in your room or use some bedwarmer shit.
If you live somewhere its always hot as fuck, get some fans and sleep naked, it'll help keep you cooler.

5. Never lay in your bed, except to sleep or fuck. You want to associate your bed with just those two things, so no reading, shiposting, or fucking around on your phone in your bed.

Do this and you'll sleep better

Sources:
Stevenson, S. (2014) Sleep Smarter
Fonken, L.K. & Nelson, R.J. (2014) The effects of light at night on circadian clocks and metabolism

can i go to bed and wake up at certain times monday through friday and have a different schedule for the weekend?

If you wanna party and shit on the weekends and not be the loser that goes to bed at 11, you can, but you should still try to wake up at the same time you do mon-fri
it'll suck, but you need to be consistent if you can

Good thread

but wont that mean that on those days ill get less sleep? which is better, being consistent in your schedule or consistent in your hours? i dont drink but sometimes i still get to sleep at 1 or 2 am on a friday night

thanks user, may good gains and sleep come to (you)
have a shiki

yeah, you'll get less sleep, but you need to be consistent, otherwise you'll fuck up the weekday sleeps.
it's better to have your 5 weekdays good rather than just the 2 weekend days

Consistent schedule is more important by far.

thanks user, i closed my curtains because of you

>forget to do mandatory 1 hour meditation session for the day
>inner demons of all sorts come out of the woodwork and prevent sleep

whew

If I go to sleep in a completely dark place I'll wake up in the middle of the night and panic until I can locate where I am in the room. Every damn time.

also turn off your computer and get rid of all the little lights in your room, it'll help a ton

sleep deprivation is probably the biggest health epidemic in modern society after obesity and it's hilarious that nobody seems to give a shit

spend five minutes googling the benefits of proper sleep and you'll wonder what the fuck you've been doing with your NEET life coasting on 5-6 hours

Ty for the reminder

which is why I wrote this out, to help out some anons

going through opiate withdrawal
night 3
slept a total of 5 hours (very broken sleep) in the last 72
pretty sure i will an hero if cant sleep tonight

I dont even know how I got into this mode but I am not even kidding here. Yesterday I meditated in multiple sessions for like 1.5 hours in total.

Today I think "I did not have a jobbo today and had zero stress buildup, surely it must mean that I can sle..".....NOPE

ALL OF MY INNER DEMONS GET TO COME OUT AND PLAY.

SEE A NICE GIRL, WOMAN ON THE TRAIN? YEA, ENJOY ENDLESS THOUGHTS OF YOUR PREVIOUS RELATIONSHIP.

OH NO YOU DID NOT GET THAT JOBBO EVEN THOUGH YOU KNEW THAT THE CHANCE WAS LIKE AT 50/50, OH NO NOW YOU GET TO THINK ABOUT THAT FOR WHEN YOU DONT THINK ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS

THERE IS A VEGANIST THREAD ON Veeky Forums? LET ME PULL UP THE MEMORIES AND EVEN PICTURES OF THE LAST 3 MONTHS OF THESE THREADS AND POSSIBLE ANGLES TO DESTROY THEM AND ALSO TRY TO DO A META ANALYSIS ON HOW TO BAN THESE FUCKERS. (I swear to god that fucker probably is reading this right now and laughing at me)

Reccing a sleep related book by based Stanley Coren.

Sleep thieves:

google.ca/url?q=https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/551125.Sleep_Thieves&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiP1LvIuozWAhXh1IMKHYSZDpsQFghQMA4&usg=AFQjCNFioIezRR4KTU-afJibTWfMJa9VEA

>Not getting 11+ hours of daily total sleep in two large blocks during the night punctuated by a short period of wakefulness (use this to fuck your wife in the moonlight) and a siesta after lunch (for that post lunch bulk digestion).

That's tough user, but I know you'll make it. Just keep taking it one day at a time, and know that I love you

hey thanks man
but im not quitting
i just aint got dope right now
checked out of life but cant unhero because family
this is all i have left

Maybe look into some cogbehavioural theory/therapy. I found meditation was conducive to feeling better but some of the cbt exercises more directly addressed my depression.

I just had one of my best workouts after a nap coming home from night shift, then a 8km run at 5am the morning after taking some melatonin to reset my schedule.

I'm gonna make it dudes.

I was thinking in those lines as well perhaps. But the trouble is that I am socializing fairly well, have no trouble working with others even. I guess I am missing the yellow bar. But with a general distrust of very personal relationships it is very hard for me to get that yellow bar. Nothing quite makes sense, I know that pets could help, and that other people could but logical reasoning prevents me from getting that. What do you expect when you alienate yourself from others like we are so good at doing so here on the chan, through the various groups here. I think at this point I would only like powerlifters, or literal roman saluting nazi's (the non degenerate kind). So yea, perhaps that 1.5 hours is better still. Just have to remember to do it.

Some days ago I had to go to bed late and it fucked my schedule. What's the best and fastest way to go back to normal?

how the fuck do i stop sweating profusely? even in a cool room i seem to sweat buckets every night.

I have a book reccomendation for you user, see pic related. It has a lot of great journaling activities that can help you address your thinking and feeling patterns. I found it to be very helpful.

When is your last meal relative to your sleep?
Are you dealing with any sort of major stress in your life?

thanks, il look into it

t.user who is still awake at nearly 2 am in euro tiem

You wanna know what my brain has forced me now on which quest to embark? IT IS TIME TO WARN EVERYONE OF THE DANGERS OF ICANN. AND HOW IT IS NOW CENSORING EVERYTHING (that gab.ai thing too)

BEHOLD, FOR I WILL TELL YOU THAT WHEN THE US HAS GIVEN CONTROL AWAY FROM THE DOMAIN THING, IT FELL TO THE KIKES AND NOW ONLY

www.opennic.org/

works!

YEEEEES, LETS GO TO OBSCURE SITES IN OBSCURE PLACES WITH OBSCURE AND REMOTE CONVERSATIONS AND FIND THEM. AND THEN TALK TO THEM ABOUT THE DANGERS OF CENSORSHIP.

thank you brain, I would really just like to sleep now.

oh what is that brain? You kinda want to know how the conquistadors conquered the aztecs, yes thats a very interesting question. They burned the boats behind them you say? Yeees, lets try to find a good documentary on that.

Whats that brain? You think you can get an idea how wartime logistics work by playing a game like foxhole on the pc? Yes, lets invest 9 more hours of our lives to try to do wartime logistics.

Dude, it's 2am. Turn off your computer. Set your alarm. Put your phone well away from you. Go to sleep. If you can't sleep then read a book, meditate, journal, stretch, just stay away from screens and stay off the internet. We're all going to make it.

anybody here tried putting tape over your mouth when sleeping to stop mouthbreathing while asleep?

but the dangers of ICANN man...but...yea il try. Probably good advice.

It's nearly 1am and now I'm looking at protein powders. I've been using samples of Carnipro from myprotein and like it in the smoothies I make. Super easy way to get 40g of protein preworkout. Is it an okay protein source though? I'd prefer not to consume diary, it makes me break out so whey is out.

Also does it matter when you go to sleep? Like if I sleep now till 11am is that as bad as sleeping from like 9pm for the same length of time? It's just night time is the only time I get true peace in the house and I can lie in.

Sweet dreams

Consistency is more important than missing a few hours a day or two. You cant choose when you fall asleep but you can choose exactly when to wake up.
Its fine if you want to stay up late on the weekends but WAKE UP AT THE SAME TIME AS YOU WOULD ON A WEEKDAY.