Reminder that heavy lifting is not sustainable

Reminder that heavy lifting is not sustainable

constantly lifting inhuman amounts of weight. it was bound to happen

>Reminder that heavy lifting is not sustainable

I know, but the virgins on this site are too delusional to realize this

Just don't abuse steroids, use stupid programming or lift equipped and you'll never have to worry about that.

Powerlifting is stupid anyways. "Wow i can squat over 500 lbs 5 times wooooooo"

Life isn't sustainable.

>not doing heavy negatives using bodyweight
chin-ups, step-ups, one-armed push-ups, ab wheel rollouts, it just works

You are one special kind of retard

Don't push yourself beyond what your body can handle
You can bet the clown ignored a LOT of warning signs

And was on steroids

It's just unnecessary. 9/10 guys at the gym lifting heavier than me have bad form and more focused on numbers of reps vs. Feel/quality of the rep. I go for 8-12, if I'm not gassed by 12 I keep going. 15, 20. Everyone's body is different, learn to listen to it. I'm 30 and been doing this the last year or two. Been making way more gains.
You want 1/2/3/4, go for it. But trust me, that shit WILL catch up to you. Maybe in a decade or two. And there's no going back.

Someone explain to me how Frank Zane has taken gear this long and still hasn't died from it yet.

He's natty bro, natties never die

Someone explain to me how Frank Zane has taken gear this long and still has all of his hair.

>1/2/3/4
>heavy

Underrated

How do you progress if you never add weight?

Genetic.It doesn't cause hair loss it just quickens what would have already happened. Either your follicles will be weakened or they won't.

You know what you have to do now that you posted this bullshit, so post the pics so we can all have a hearty chuckle at your expense.

>that horn angle

accurate, you can increase your strength dramatically, but doing things like resting double your bodyweight on your shoulders is not the best idea, one mistake, one missed cue and you're fucked for life
it is, lifting 180 kg off the ground is a lot unless you're 180 kg yourself, don't try to kid yourself otherwise
more reps, changing to a harder exercise, changing tempo

how much would those old dudes lift to say it was light?

well reason #1 I would say is he never had bigorexia, he was actually annoyed that he had to put on more mass and lift heavier in the 80s to try to compete. also never ran anything crazy other than roids.

bodybuilders today die young because as they get older and smaller they bump up all their fucking chemicals, food & efforts as their hearts get worn out and weaker they put more stress on them trying to get bigger.

it doesn't take a genius to realize the fatality of that course of action. I doubt Frank has picked up anything heavier than 25lb dumb bells in 20 years.

Stand up, close your eyes, and say "Grow, grow, grow"

>more reps
>you will get big by benching 1000000 reps of the bar only
Leave, DYEL.

180kg deadlift for a 150kg person is just out of beginner. sure, if your idea of a lot is mediocrity then it is. but being an intermediate level lifter and destroying your body is doubtful on the level of absurdity. where do you think this danger comes from?

>you will get big by benching 1000000 reps of the bar only
>taking what I said and making it retarded
common sense on this board is next to non existent, you would eventually add more weight or change things up, you can get bigger without adding heaps of weight
>where do you think this danger comes from?
can come from several places, lifting wrong for many years without realising it, so if you don't have a coach, someone coming along and accidentally bumping you, tendon or cartilage wear, underlying health problem, being fatigued, just a simple mistake in keeping your core tight
>if your idea of a lot is mediocrity then it is
lifting that much weight would be mediocrity for a powerlifter, but most people that go to gyms are not powerlifters

>you would eventually add more weight
Not in the scenario generated by the other guy's question, DYEL.

if you're that retarded and can never add more weight then you will eventually plateau, but you could add more reps or even do a one hand bench press which you would obviously plateau at again
>DYEL
good one, you're the only one that looks like they haven't been lifting by not knowing how to progressive overload without adding weight

That stuff is just general idiocy and unless you're a pro level powerlifter I doubt there will be any tendon or cartilage issues.

idk, Arnold seems to be doing okay.

He had to have his heart repaired in a major surgery and he's now on the "completely fucked my body up now I can only eat rabbit food to mitigate the damage" diet.

if I have to go outside I cover myself in bubble wrap

Its not the steroids. Its everything else. Literally everything else.

I've been strength training for around 6 months and I constantly worry about what kind of damage I may be doing.

I feel strange sensations in places that feel like it shouldn't happen, like mybjoints. I miss lifting for reps of 10. I miss the burn and having my muscles be sore for a day rather than have my joints feel weird and be constantly worried about it.

I don't understand how squatting or deadlifting heavy can be safe at all. I feel like the spine wasn't meant to handle it and that eventually it will be damaged through time somehow. Any evidence of something like this happening? I constantly hear that doing heavy lifts will make your joints last longer into old age but this seems like bullshit.

They're on juice retard.

If you're not a competitive lifter nor a bodybuilder, and just wanna be ab average fit dude, it's not really necessary to lift extremely heavy.

If your joints and spine feel like shit you're lifting like shit. Fix your technique or just stop doing these kinds of movements if you don't like them.

I got my form checked by a strength coach. While form can always improve I don't believe that's the cause. It's not really pain, but a sensation that feel like a warning. I've had feeling lime this before where I tried to push through it an ended up hurting myself.

Why are you squatting and deadlifting if you don't want to

I don't know I feel perfect when my form is on point and I lift maxes. No aches or pain just my mind and nervous system blurring

>heaps
Ausfag detected. Why is your country so safety obsessed?

Good form will injure you just as bad form will. Problem is the exercise selection. The "Big 3" are shit and will always be.

are you kidding? If they don't keep their eyes wide open, they could be rear naked choked by a kangaroo or impregnated with eggs by a giant spider at any minute

Im sorry user. I didn't realize your sourceless statement had more weight than the several studies done by guys with medical degree.

I'll go back to doing curls with 8kg dumbbells and enjoying life at 80 doing nothing.

>old dude tries to reinvent the wheel to stick it to those youngsters
>lifting heavy is dangerous, says man that's never been injured in lifetime

Reminder that running will wreck your knees to shit before 50.

Reminder that playing an instrument will wreck your hearing.

Until you cross 2/3/4/5 you can really only hurt yourself if you're retarded or a lanklet.

>I go for 8-12, if I'm not gassed by 12 I keep going. 15, 20. Everyone's body is different, learn to listen to it

That is staggeringly awful programming, you unspeakable faggot.

>I'm 30 and been doing this the last year or two. Been making way more gains.

Yes, tell us all about your vast experience as a skinnyfat retard lifting babbyweights for 18 months.

>But trust me, that shit WILL catch up to you. Maybe in a decade or two.

By FIFTY, life is going to have caught up with you. The difference between you and me is that I will have been physically capable at one time in my life.

>doing things like resting double your bodyweight on your shoulders is not the best idea, one mistake, one missed cue and you're fucked for life

This might be true if one is as weak and untrained as yourself derped up to the squat rack and tried to squat double his bodyweight.

I'm fat, and have failed more than two and half times my bodyweight on more than one occasion without injury. As long as you aren't outright stupid, the risk of injury is very, VERY low.

>more reps, changing to a harder exercise, changing tempo

This works when you're a turbo novice. Once slight progress has been made, much less retarded programming is necessary to maintain progress.

The owner of my gym is in his fifties and still squats 4.5 plate

Because I want a good looking body but I meed a strength base first in order to do reps of 10 with higher weight.

Maybe you have better lifting genetics than me. I can't explain the sensation because it's definitely not pain but it doesn't feel good. It's not constant but it feels unhealthy in the joints and other places after I do strength lifts. If I could describe the feeling it would be "Worn out, close to breaking"

>be me 27 years old
>been lifting since i was around 20
>finally starting to feel joint pain and my back is always stiff and cracks quite easily

Im starting yoga this week hopefully that helps...im not ready for the old man back/knee gains goblin

Post body.

>shills sheiko
>sheiko says rep ranges should be around 8 when going up a weight class (I.E. building muscle instead of training for PL specificity, obviously the guy's goal)
>still tells people training with high reps their programming is bad

Okay raffy haha

Nothing wrong with lifting heavy as long as you maintain a neutral spine.

Ernie lilliebridge does catback deadlifts, cunt should be in a coma, god knows how he powerlifted for so long.

He trained himself he started light till he reached his prs. His dl is probably less stress than what t strongmen do with atlas stones since that has an unavoidable flexion and over extension of the spine

wuh

I thought 1/2/3/4 was like, a basic level pretty much anyone could reach, and 2/3/4/5 is where it really requires some training and effort.

I'm a newbie and honestly I'm just shooting for 1/2/3/4 and then maintaining that, or a little above it.

1/2/3/4 is "pretty decent" territory if you're like 150lbs. It gets less decent as you gain weight and if you're over 220 it's pretty much late novice at best.

>Good form will injure you just as bad form will

there is a reason it is called good form you mongol

t. fat powerlifter

Yeah but the typical Veeky Forumsizen path has to make peace with lifting heavy. High volume work where your muscles scream and burn from long time-under-tension is too hard. Better just keep egolifiting and adding more weight.

The path of the typical Veeky Forumsizen.
>be fat neckbeard
>start SS
>"wow my lifts are increasing rapidly, this is great"
>linear progression stalls
>still look like a fat piece of shit
>"I-I don't lift for aesthetics anyway, I'm going to be a strong fat powerlifter with functional strength for the coming race war. This is what women like anyway"

small incremental progress
not just retarded too much weight bullshit

>it's not really necessary to lift extremely heavy.

what is "extremely heavy"? because

>just wanna be an average fit dude

is my goal

>2/3/4/5

is this the definition of "heavy", or is it defined by some factor of body weight, or by a certain rep max?

You're posting a guy lifting professional numbers. A faggot at the gym isn't going near that level of weight

>Because I want a good looking body but I meed a strength base first in order to do reps of 10 with higher weight.
there are tons of variations of squat and deadlift, and other exercises that work legs + posterior chain.
lowbar. high bar. front. zercher. DB squat. goblet. lumberjack. band squats. hack squat (and machine) leg press. belt squat
deadlift, jefferson, RDL, rack pull, suitcase deadlift, deficit DL. sumo. DB deadlift. trapbar.
GHRs, reverse hypers, back extensions, cable pull throughs. stair machine, hill running, prowler sled. treadmill with power off. farmers carry. sprinting (running and cycling)

>Professional (sport) is stupid anyways. "Wow I can (do activity number of times) wooooooo"

Im 220+lbs at a pretty low bf% and got some cycles under my belt, so im a pretty big guy.
The routine that got me the most size is definitely doggcrapp, but i turned natty and got other priorities in my life. Still doing doggcrapp though but its killing me.
Its so hard to lift heavy every time. But im scared to lose all my precious gains on a high volume brosplit.

Any experienced lifters here?
Also won't high volume kill my joints?

I really dont know what to do but i cant do this grind anymore (dc)
Pls halp

You've been brainwashed by media lies. Steroids are not that dangerous, in fact they are pretty harmless in reality. If you eat healthy, don't drink alcohol and don't take drugs, you can blast and cruise on gear for your entire life and live fit and healthy to 80-90 years old.

So was the elite powerlifter on the left you retard. Literally every elite athlete is you retard.
Fucking retard.
Like holy shit you're a retard.

Extremely heavy as in doing sets at 90% or 1 rep maxes regularly.

Can women reach 1/2/3/4?

Deadlift and squat yeah, but bench and OHP would not be possible for most girls imo

Wow, you're actually mega autistic. 1/2/3/4 is baby weight.
Too heavy means doing 90-95% for decades.

That post is intended for people who can't read films, there's nothing wrong with his spine

could you enlighten us on how it's misleading?

It's actual things that could leave you injured for life
The good old "power through it pussy" type line, it's an unnecessary risk to getting bigger to risk yourself but go ahead
There's a big difference between going outside and placing a 180kg weight on your back
You got me, were not totally safety obsessed though
>reinvent the wheel
Other methods of progressive overload have been around forever, did you think you could just keep adding weight every week till you reach professional powerlifter weight?
>says man that's never been injured in lifetime
I have, but nothing serious that wasnt fixed with a couple weeks rest, my brother messed his back deadlifting because he was lifting with his friend and his friend miss loaded one side, another I've seen become a permanent cripple that can no longer work and other terrible shit that makes you realize it's not worth it and you can get big without such a big risk

Assuming you're not an aspiring powerautist or anything like that, the only redeemable quality of strength training i can think of is that it's fun. It's more more rewarding than classic bodybuilding routines because you get noticeably stronger and stronger for a VERY long time (compared to noob gains which stop in under 6 months), its more interesting because you need to learn technique, and it's just fun lifting heavy shit. This is the only olace where strength training shines compared to bodybuilding routines, and maybe the only possible reason why you'd want to do it even for aesthetics- it's just much easier to stay motivated doing it.

In all other aspects, bodybuilding wins by far (efficiency, safety, etc)

Strength base before aesthetics is a meme. Try aesthetics base then switch to strength when you inevitably get demotivated

Arnold had a heart surgery and kidney transplants, great fucking example you got there buddy

Is 2/3/4 light enough to be safe? That's my goal for now.

>Strength base before aesthetics is a meme
Heavier weights build more muscle though...

I hear ya. Is there a weight threshold you'd say not to go over?

Surely 1/2/3/4 is sustainable though? I'd be ok keeping it at that and just working on cardio and glamour muscles for the rest of my life but I don't wanna be weaker than that