Aren't lateral raises guaranteed to snap your shoulders?I've been avoiding them for the longest...

Aren't lateral raises guaranteed to snap your shoulders?I've been avoiding them for the longest, and even when I do the movement with low weight it feels like my sockets are going to implode.

Engage glutes
Lean VERY slightly forward
Do that pouring motion
Go slow and with low(er) weights

don't go past parallel

Whats 'low weight'? You cant lift your own arm or 1-2 kg or something? Just build up to higher weights

MTG art is so death metal
is that from AthleanX?

Not everyones build the same, I have no problems doing behind the neck shoulder press, while my gymbro can't even do them with quarter of the rom, same goes for dips
Can't do lats with DB, do them with cables or do uptight rows et c

I'd rather have less than healthy shoulders than have small side delts desu

It's a spectrum, you don't have to go full retard with heavy weight and internally rotate the fuck out of your shoulder, just start light and get that pahmp

I have to compound everything for shoulders, any kind of iso raises snaps, crackles and pops my shit up.

I do them with resistance bands. Feels good man.

I know you said anything but just checking, have you tried doing it with cables? I had the same problem until I started doing it with cables instead of dumbbells

thx for reminding me i need to pic up a playset of these

magic's been shit since rtr, sorry my dudes but it's the truth

just did my first delt workout which has iso exercises for each head

didnt hurt at all, doms gone in 1 day, significant gains after 1 workout. lots of side raises.

??

No, NO! Stop giving advice you retard.
OP, watch athleanx 's vid on lateral raises. You ought to lean forward, but turning the dumbbells in a pouring motion causes internal rotation, which will hurt you. Rotate them more outwardly, and watch the vid

I'm supposed to be doing lat raises behind the neck? Damn, I've been doing it wrong this whole time.

>pouring motion
>internal rotation
>internally rotate the humerus while doing abduction
>literally doing maneuvers used in physical exams by doctors and physical therapists to cause impingement

Never give advice here again.

Shit, thanks for the advice. Not the guy you guys responded to but I've been doing the pour motion and I hurt my right shoulder the other day.

>I'd rather have less than healthy shoulders than have small side delts desu

unfortunately that's not how joint health works. you don't really notice "unhealthy" joints until the cartilage is completely worn down, and then the joint becomes useless

Fucking stretch.

Externally rotate your shoulder. Lean forward. Retract and depress your scapulae. Your thumbs should be facing up, keep them facing up, and raise your arms up AND slightly back. Stop at or slightly below your weight reaches shoulder height. This is the safest way to perform the exercise. If you're beginning, you may need to use less than 10 pounds, that's okay.

Guay > Ice Age > ABUR > EvT

Standard is perpetual shit, but limited has been mostly great.

>lateral raise

db lateral raises are fucking retarded. use a cable machine or bands for christ sake

I've always done laterial raises only using my shoulder without the trap.

As a result even though I can OHP 185 I just use 20lb dumbells and can only get them up to like 45 degrees for 12 reps.

My shoulders burn like a motherfucker afterwards and I have nice bouldery shoulders from it so I'd say it's good enough without going super high. I even saw Big Z said the same shit during an interview when he was focusing on bodybuilding over strength.

That's the kind of thing you say when you're in your 20s and you don't hurt your joints, yet. Once you're going on your 40s and you have pain in your back and knees you'll start questioning your old workout methodology, believe me.

No need 40s. I just reached 30 and I've been done stupid shits during my 17 to 20, the pain is starting to show. Never again, anytime i see people doing stupid shit i will make sure they change their ways.

Veeky Forums is getting more retarded every single day

is chest the most overrated muscle group?

>Theros
>Conspiracy
>Commander 2014
>Khans
>Origins
>shit

The true shit line started in BfZ when Wizards decided to gather their boring ass nuwalkers together and invent the fucking Jacetice League, then have the entire game revolve around them as they effortlessly stop villain after villain. I'm glad they're at least somewhat trying to fix this after HoD but Ixalan doesn't look like it's shaping up to be a very good set either.

Unless you're just talking about power level, then in which case just fuck off. Printing good card after good card as a business strategy is why Yugioh has gone to shit, although I do appreciate their willingness to do reprints often.

What's pouring motion? Can't watch HEY EVERYONE JEFF CAVALIERE ATHLEAN X DOT COM right now.

i kinda do that and i'm fucking ok

Just do thumb down lateral raises or reverse flies. It blows my mind that you retards can turn one of the best shoulder imbalance prevention exercises into a shitty cheated almost front-raise, and then complain it hurts your shoulders. Lower the weight, shrug at the top, don't go higher than your arms let you go when you're shrugged. It's simple.

>pouring motion
Are you trying to give bad advise?
Do not use a pouring motion. If anything ,the front of the bells should be slightly higher

Gonna jack off tonight

Thumb down prevents cheating using front delts and activates rear delts. Nobody needs to train front delts with isolations.

they should at least make the card stock not total shit.

If you mean according to women being attracted, yes. It's a men's mire muscle.

Get fucked, every day is chest day. Chestlets off my board.

damn, goblin's mirin super hard

>pouring motion
retardation you need dto externally rotate not internally rotate

You kinda don't understand how injuries happen

shekel for khekel

Ignore everything but the last one