Daily reminder GENETICS determines whether or not you should squat and deadlift...

Daily reminder GENETICS determines whether or not you should squat and deadlift. If you were born with a thick spine go ahead if not then maybe you should reconsider. Thin spines don't do well with heavy compression they are designed to twist and bend not hold hundreds of additional pounds.

>tfw thicc boned

hey there

SPINELETS all it takes is one little mistake for a trip to snap city. Is it really worth it knowing your GENETIC limitation?

This is actually true.

I'm really curious. Why are you doing this? Do you believe what you talk and you have sources? Did you break your spine and are trying to save other people from the same fate? Or maybe you just don't want anyone doing exercises that you don't like?
What is it?

Doing what? I'm doing nothing differently than the squat and deadlift evangelists do. Why are you being critical of it? Do you disagree with something if so state your case.

Considering that our spine isn't what holds the weight but instead it is the entire muscular structure in your posterior chain, the thickness of your spinal column would have next to no impact. Your spine doesn't hold itself up does it?
As long as you move up in weight at a reasonable pace and allow your stabalizer and support muscles to grow as you move up in deadlift and squat weight you would be perfectly fine.

How can you tell if you have a thick or thin spine besides X-ray?

Your muscles do not prevent proportional to the weight being lifted compression on the spine. A thick spine does withstand this compression much better than a thin spine. There is no "progressing" a thin spine will simply wear out faster from heavy compression.

take the Break the Bat Challenge

Squatting and deadlifting are great for overall strength development.
Avoiding doing these particular lifts can actually be detrimental in the long run as it could lead to lack of development in crucial areas in other lifts and can result in muscle strains or injuries.

Low back pain from heavy compression
No low back pain from situps
There can be other reasons of course but provided you were healthy before and know basic form then this could tell you

Not if you have a thin spine and they're easily replaced.

You're still not understanding. It is the muscular structure that resists compression, not the bones or cartilage disks between your vertibre.

No they are not.
You'll need to cite some sources about what works as effectively in terms of the development you experience with deadlifts and squats

>No low back pain from situps

Well fuck, I guess I have a thin spine then. No wonder I only do front squats now, since heavy back squats were fucking with me. What do?

tfw robust spine genetics

Yes, I am understanding. You can't outlift the compressive forces on the spine with a thin spine. No matter how strong you make your muscles your spine still absorbs the load. This shows a deadlift with good form still places 10k n forces of compression on the spine.

Are you retarded? The squat and deadlift are primarily leg builders. Quads, hams, glutes, erector spinae as well as buck musculature. Visit exrx.net for a comprehensive list of alternatives.

where can I buy this

I'm this guy, and I ask not because I disagree with you but because I'm really curious about it. Do you have any studies about it?
Where did you get this image from?
I would like to read more about this.

google deadlift shearing forces

The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research published an article detailing how Deadlifting increases bone density therefore reducing risk of bone damage.
Medicine Science in Sports and Exercise published a study stating that while large strain is place on the lower back there is not directly harmful to your spinal disks.

OP is a guy who tried deadlifting and sucks at it/did it wrong so now he's trying to support his confirmation bias with posting this thread every day. it makes him feel better if he thinks his "genetic limitations" are preventing him from deadlifting

he's trying to convert others on Veeky Forums so he'll be less ridiculed and feel better that he can't do them

No you fucking give me a goddamn break down of it asshole. I don't want to read some bullshit about other leg exercises, I want to hear about ones that are as effective at building total strength and taxing the CNS you shit stuffed hose bag.

>a Canadian chiropractor
>listening to a leaf
enjoy bird dogging to death fagot

Yes the trabecular bone adapts by thickening as load is placed on it however thin spines still do not become thick spines from this adaptation as stated spine thickness is GENETIC they will always be poorer at bearing heavy compressive loads.

Do 1000 situps

>chiropractor
Should have known. Fucking witch doctors should be outlawed. Give me a fucking Osteopath any day.
Citation needed cunt.

This is basic human anatomy. A thin spine will have smaller radius ovoid shaped discs whereas a thick spine will have limacon shaped discs. The disc shape is GENETICALLY tied to its thickness you are born with one or the other and deadlifting does not change that fact.

>doing the cringey CAPITALIZING to emphasize POINTS like le ebin trump

Everyone will die someday, mate. Might aswell die strong and aesthetic.

That's why I'll be roiding ASAP, lifting shit ass heavy weights and slaying way more pussy than you, you sadcunt!

Holy shit I'm back to fit in almost three years does this guy in pic related still post

You don't have to do heavy barbell back squats and deadlifts tho in fact you're probably gonna look like shit no matter what you do unless you're pumping your glutes full of man juice.

It sounds like you came from an SS beginner seminar. I feel sorry for you. All you need is to hit each body part 2-3x per week, performing each set to muscular fatigue. Find lifts that you like. Do your research.

McGill is a professor of spine biomechanics at waterloo university. He has over 300 published research papers. He knows more about the spine than any human alive.

Actually I carefully tested my theory on spine thickness and compression by doing ½" ROM rack pulls with a perfectly healthy pain free spine using a trap bar to make sure my spine was perfectly straight and the bar path perfectly straight, 2-3x per week and I still got low back pain from the compression alone, thus eliminating bad form as a possibility.

i know a guy in his 50s who roided when younger. his relationship history has been one disaster after another. he is alone and bitter with a hair-trigger temper.

Very sad way of thinking. You must not have a good job. I'm making such good money right out of university, (very low 6 figures) I never want to die. I'll take the natty look and live past 65 thanks.