What is your relationship with alcohol?

What is your relationship with alcohol?

I'm currently in college and while drinking is obviously a big part of the culture or whatever, I'm thinking of quitting or significantly cutting down because 1) I feel like it's fucking with my gains and 2) at this point I feel like I'm confident enough without alcohol that the negatives outweigh the positives

Alcohol gets me crazy so i stopped drinking at sll after i found some non alcoholic beers i like

I don't like the feeling of losing control so i cant will myself to drink more than a couple at a time.

I'm 4 beers and 2 shots in right now.

It makes me sick.

Used to feel good in my early 20s, but now all I get is flu-like feverish feel and nausea, then a long, miserable hangover.

I miss that relaxing buzz and mood elevation. Can't get it anymore. :(

I turn into an emotional wreck when drunk, so I avoid it. Also it's hard to justify the cost.

I like to drink but I keep it to once a week. Also try to not take it to such an extent that I feel like dogshit the next day. Sometimes fail. I drink beer because wine is awful and liquor = mass destruction. Used to love whiskey but... when I drink I like to drink. When I want more to drink I can sip a beer. When I shoot whiskey every time I have the impulse to drink more alcohol it is a recipe for disaster. I hate mixed drinks.

I fucking hate halfassed drinking. If I'm drinking I'm getting fucking drunk or I'm not going to bother. None of this two or three beers after work shit. If it's on it's on or I'd rather not fuck with it at all.

Nonexistent.

Unhealthy, makes you tired, costs a lot of money. Literally what upside. Go get a cute girlfriend instead.

Are you guys not aware that hangovers are just dehydration? If you just drink a liter of water before going to bed the night you drink that shit doesn't happen. Works like clockwork

Just stick to a couple drinks here and there. Don't be the guy who hooks up with drunk chicks while sober

I had 15 shots last night and probably about 10-12 beers. I am a tank when it comes to drinking but the fucking anxiety and shame that comes with my hangovers is truly immense. It also ruins sleep gains, recovery gains and is overall pretty shit for you so I try to limit my drinking to once a week even though most of my friends are regular drinkers

Yeah I try to hammer water and eat a shitload of food as well. Sometimes I'm just too goddamned drunk to be bothered with it. Your statement is true.

drinking is absolute poison for gains... it is literally horse shit

This for me too, I can't drink it just gets me lost in thought and makes me hate being around people.

>If I'm drinking I'm getting fucking drunk or I'm not going to bother.

I have the same relationship with a few substances, alcohol being one of them. I did manage to actually abstain from alcohol for very long periods of time though. The other stuff, not so much.

also my cutting exploded after cutting alcohol entirely. yeah yeah I know calories in calories out but it's just empty calories even if it fits. There's a lot of articles saying it lowers test and increases estrogen but you have to drink a lot for that to happen, I still get paranoid that a couple beers fuck with my hormones tho. Also it fucks with my sleep, makes me wake up early and not able to go back to sleep

If you're not a degenerated and can actually control yourself studies have shown that drinking 1 glass of alcohol (1 beer/wine/shot) a day is actually beneficial to health. You just can't save all 7 of them for Friday night

>If I'm drinking I'm getting fucking drunk or I'm not going to bother.

Same, and also the same reason I only drink once a week. I'd like to buy a 15 pack and have a few a day, but I'll inevitably just drink all 15 in 3 hours

Alcohol is the hardest to completely abstain from for so long because it's such a big part of socializing. It's not hard to avoid coke because it's not that common a thing.

Do you have any idea how alcohol works?

The fact that you can walk anywhere and see advertisements for and places to buy alcohol definitely makes things more difficult. I can't say whether it makes it MORE difficult than with other drugs because I'm not an alcoholic though

I drank shots or highly concentrated drinks to get drunk in the first weeks of uni. I cannot understand how anyone could possibly enjoy the taste of say beer and wine. It is one of the most disgusting tasting things in life imo. Only way to drink it is through cocktails and shots for me. I'm glad im not an alcoholic.

My parents used to drink a lot and beat me, but they always told me not to drink like them. So when the time came and some friends invited me over for drinks, I couldn't even swallow the shit. I pretty much only stick to Apple cider, and I'm fucking 27.

From my understanding, those studies showed a correlation between moderate drinking and less risk of certain diseases, but it was more explained by people who drink moderately tending to engage in other sorts of activity moderately, like eating, exercising, whatever.

Is that the study you're referring to, or is there more?

Don't even bother trying to explain it dude. It's just one of those things you'll hear people say your entire life and you just smile and nod your head and go on with your day.

>If you're not a degenerated and can actually control yourself studies have shown that drinking 1 glass of alcohol (1 beer/wine/shot) a day is actually beneficial to health. You just can't save all 7 of them for Friday night
Don't have source on hand. But a recent study proved that wrong showing any amount of alcohol (no matter how small) harms and impairs the brain.

It's been fucking horrible recently. I've been drinking myself into oblivion once a week. I used to be able to handle just a drink or two. Now my hangovers are two days long and I have brownout memory loss every time. I make a fool of myself in front of friends and I'm impressed I haven't been arrested. It steals my gains and my money. It's horrible.

It's very easy. I haven't been drinking for 3 years now. Just like you know don't drink. It helps that alcohol fucks me up so hard I don't ever feel like drinking it.

I drink at least a case of beer, heavy every weekend. By myself for the most part.

I am unable to fall asleep without some sort of drug or booze. 4 shots of alcohol gets me lit mode instantly and then fall asleep mode 30 minutes later. I drink more than this when I'm at a party or just feel like staying up lat. So I pound 4 shots of the highest distilled vodka with water and 31 minutes later I am sawing logs on my mattress.

Irish

Never been better. I'm down to about 6 tallboys of low cal beers a week. Still enjoy nice buzzes but the alcohol doesn't intrude into other areas.

Classic progression. You're doing very good. Just keep going bro. Here's a little tip - if you take a shot in the mornings when you feel hungover it'll help a ton!

alot of the time i drink alone to escape the pain of being a shit human.

I'm sorry that happened to you user

>Be me 3 years ago
>Had to move into some ghetto weekly rental suite because my apartment wasn't ready
>Sketchy people live there
>On third story, as I walk to y car to leave for work I notice the guy living under me is passed out on the table with alcohol around him like pic related
>Get home from work, dude is still hammered
>Leave for work again, see him passed out yet again, kind of worried but pretty sure he moved
>Later that day there's cops in his suite and yellow tape on his door
>Mfw the guy living under me was dead and I slept over a dead guy

Why did you have to remind me fucker.

Me and alcohol are acquaintances.
Actually alchol is that cunt that I swear that I'll never touch again and only just talk too cordially if we ever meet in public again.
Then we'd talk then it would escalate and we'd have full conversations filled with unintentional and filthy inuendo away from everyone else with only our clothes soaked with our sweat keeping our slow humping from being a public sex.
It would end with us fucking like animals behind a bush in the neighbors yard away from the rest of the party, loud screaming, the idea of condoms forgotten because it takes too long/we wanted to feel each other, and bloody scratches carved into my back. Later we're walking out embarassed covered in leaves, stinking of sex, and doing the walk of shame to the pool to freshen up.
Where we're told that we can't get in because they don't want any "floaters" like last time.

tldr
I never drink on my own, and when I get into a social environment I always either get blindingly drunk or just drunk enough to interact with people without anxiety but always regret every thing I say or do the next day.

Alcohol to me is that abusive girlfriend that I developed stockholm syndrome for. Beats me till I end up in the ER, cut out of life for over a year, curious about why it got so bad, "lol it won't be like that again, watch", repeat until I die (which is hopefully the next time, but it never is).

I also smoke a pack of cigarettes a day

Well they had better be those big ol' Camel ones with no filters then!

Feels bad bro

not been drinking for 2 months now beacuse of cutting

a friends birthday party is coming up so i have to try and hold back on the drinks.

I end up cheating on my lovely gf or snorting coke when I go out for a couple drinks. Really need to quit and I need help.

I'm assuming prior to the cut your alcohol consumption spanned 5-10 drinks per week? If so, how well has it accelerated your cut now that you abstain from it? How's it affected your bodyweight/physiology/mentality?

This is very relevant

I literally used to say stuff like that. Smoked weed once when I was about 17. Spent the next 7 years high as kite. Now I drink at least a couple beers daily and heavily on the weekends.

I kind of hate it but my brain chemistry is absolutely trash and doctor meds have only ever made my problems worse in the past.

I got the self medication blues.

welcome to the club son.

5-10 drinks per weekl? are you insane!? sure, in my younger years, i got maybe 4-8 drinks per week but that was years ago. alcholo is expansive in bars and clubs so i never bought much.

most of my fat problems comes from eating to much carbs and drinking too much soda.

I drink once every 3-4 months if not more , I like alcohol but my sleeps after it are shit, it's empty calories and expensive I also don't find getting drunk fun I just like the taste and social aspect.

is beer better or worse than wine? If I drink one every other day?

Pretty good, I'm lucky in that I can have 10 pints if I want to and wake up without even a slight hangover (inb4 bullshit)
Drink probably once or twice a week, and only socially

That's the main problem with drinking: the social aspect. I'm 20 living in London and I'll probably spend at least £150 a week just on drinks (~20 drinks). I fucking hate the shit I do when drinking, but I feel because every place (bar, club) people go out to is made for you to spend all your money and get really fucked that I'm stuck in a vicious cycle.

Alcohol opens up your confidence but also your carelessness. I'm really considering quitting alcohol but idk how to go about the whole social aspect of it.

>tfw cocaine + weed does less damage financially, spiritually and mentally for you than alcohol.

Anyone that managed QUITTING please help. I just wanna be able to go out sober.

I'm somewhat in the same basket as I'm at college, but i've also got great mates who I smoke weed with.
Maybe spend time with different people or in different settings, you can also have fun in social interactions sober and they'll be meaningful!

Always when I drink I fuck my life over, I cut is hard as I can but Weed and Alcohol destroy my life.

why would we call bullshit on someone not getting a hangover from a small amount of alcohol

alright big boy

>literally

Please stfu

Dunno man I live in Scotland and we drink just as much, the only thing I noticed works for me is have a drink or two and literally just drag it out over the whole night. But gets tougher when pub crawling. The other option is just say can't drink due to allergy or some shit but people won't be as comfortable.
People in the UK have a very unhealthy relationship with alcohol.

Thanks man, me and my best friend always try to have "normal nights". We've been going to pool clubs or cinema instead of going out pub or clubbing lately... we still manage to drink and get fucked though. I get so bored if I'm out and sober but I think like you said hanging out with non-drinkers (got a couple of mudslime mates) or finding a hobby would help (aka I think most people drink out of boredom).

Yeah man it's all too much over here. Everyone drinks to get absolutely fucked (mates normally start drinking at 3pm if they're going out clubbing at midnight). Clubs and pubs bore the fuck out of me now too since we normally go to the same ones every weekend. I've tried organising going to football or concerts but it just end ups in all of us rinsing grams of cocaine or get off our faces on mdma (decision we all regret later but normally starts popping in our heads after 2 drinks).

Alcohol is truly my devil you know but as a young guy it's really hard to tolerate pleb social life sober desu

Kicked it to /fraud/.

You're right to be worried, drinking alcohol is LITERALLY drinking female hormones. A beer is one of the most estrogenic things you can put into your body. If you're drinking beer every night you may as well be pinning estrogen. A handful of a certain type of hop that's used in most commercial lager/beer is so estrogenic that, if held by a fertile female, it can prompt her to start her period.

Lads, here's a trick to fix your hangover. Right before you go to bed drunk, chug like 1.5 L of water. You're gonna wake up at 4:00am and will need to piss like a firehose. Now drink like 1L water, and go back to bed.

I've never had a hangover using this technique, and I usually do a slab at a sesh. If i get pavement licking drunk and forget, I perish in the morning.

No problem with alcohol here. I never get very drunk because I don't like it. I've never been black out drunk and I don't intend to ever get there.
At every event, after one beer, I get a drink and I just hold it, nobody asks and my evenings are more pleasant that way.

alcoholic here.
drunk most of the day, including when i'm working out.
can't not have a drink or i shake up bad.
sweat smells like pure vodka.

I drink like 1-4 beers every day and I can't stop

Just got to college and have sworn it off until I reach 170 lbs. I'm currently 150 btw.

I always spend the next day with awful beer shits, and even though by all accounts I'm a really nice and friendly drunk, I'm always afraid I'm going to go too far and either be a creep to some girl (it's happened before where I've been a pushy asshole while trying to get laid and I never want to be that guy again) or I'll do something to damage a friendship (hasn't happened yet but I'm paranoid.)

It sucks that I don't trust myself to be a little out of control but I just can't.

>drinking as part of "college culture"

Spotted the cultureless Amerifat

I used to get trunk at every party or gathering, but I saw how it affected me so now I don't get drunk anymore.

Battered housewife.. and im the housewife

Alright for the first 1/5 of the glass, but then the taste turns awful. It makes me want to vomit.
This is likely because I've blacked out twice from alcohol in my teens :-DD
I suggest you all acquire alcohol poisoning and get this addiction over with.

this