Low reps heavy weight

>low reps heavy weight
>high reps low weight

Which will snap your shit up worse? You hear arguments saying both are bad for you

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24714538
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just do zero reps with infinite weight baka

Stop coming up with excuses and lift you faggot.

It's not an excuse. I already do crosshit and I'm just curious if it's worse on my body than what powerlifters put their bodies through.

At least powerlifting isn't gay.

You do crossfit and you're worried about what's bad for your body? lol

>he does crosshit

>There are people who do crossfit unironically and are browsing this board RIGHT NOW

>not going to the place that has the highest concentration of Stacy's

Let me guess, you fags just go lift by yourself, headphones on, looking at the floor and anytime a bitch mires you you awkwardly smile back not fully knowing what to do.

>not going to the place that has the highest concentration of torn rotator cuffs and broken shins
Let me guess, you fags just go to a regularly priced gym and lift weights with strict form and rational rep ranges, and when a bitch smiles at you you don't even limp over and and wince at her.

Yes it is. Just shoot yourself in the head if you want a safer exercise than crossfit

So you're sabotaging your gains so you can creep on girls. Do you have any idea how pathetic you are?

high reps with heavy weight you pussy

>getting fit for girls
get out you fucking queer

Fuck you just defined 90% of Veeky Forums

P E R I O D I Z A T I O N

Is crossfit really that bad? My gym has it and the people in it are in really good shape. I've never done it because I'm on a cardio-fast.

mfw u described me.

No. It's a pretty good form of HIIT training. Just don't use it as your only gym source.

Delete this

it gets you in shape. the biggest issue with crossfit and the reason people make fun of them so much is they all get injured so often.

Neither with good form

training at higher intensities (% 1RM) is just inherently more damaging, you'll probably get more wear and tear and the chance of an acute injury is higher

if you want a safer alternative to crossfit, do snatches for time in a minefield

it isn't that bad if you keep track on certain exercises and don't do them, or take care to maintain proper form

like sdhp, high rep olympic lifts for time, or kipping pull ups

Nothing. Crossfit is perfect

What matters is that you train all body parts 2-3x per week and lift to fatigue on each set. There is scant evidence beyond this to support training in any given rep range. What makes logical sense to me is heavy weight is harder to maintain good form with and heavy weight results in more severe injuries when form breaks down. Some claim repetitive stress injuries on high reps but that's a bogus excuse you're not doing enough work for repetitive stress injuries like a person working 10 hours a day every day doing the same motions.

Yeah, so?

>low reps, heavy weights
More likely to have an acute injury that causes long term issues.

>high reps, low weight
More likely to have repetitive use injury or issues with tendons/ligaments.

So the answer is, don't lift at all. Stay on your couch eating Cheetos.

As for myself, I pretty much never lift above 90%, triples is about the lower rep ill do, even then its pretty rare. But I only train for my general fitness and health. I don't care if someone lifts more then me. I am not a power lifter or a bodybuilder or a Olympic weightlifter.

I usually workout in all rep ranges.
3x5 for my heavy lift of the day (usually around 85%
3x10 on a variation of a major lift, usually around 65%-75%
3x12-15 for accessories, usually 2-3 per workout session. Weight isnt a big deal, more about feeling the muscle with these, although I do record them so I can see how im progressing over time. I also rotate these every 2-3 weeks

>There is scant evidence beyond this to support training in any given rep range.

except for, you know, the many myoelectric studies that have established suggested rep ranges

"I don't know about" != "there is scant"

Yeah, So?!

This.
Stop baiting faggot. Have fun snapping your shit while trying to impress Stacy

Wrong. I don't smile back.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24714538

tl;dr - you can gain the same amount of muscle with 7x3 as 3x10, with the caveat that 7x3 is fucking crushingly difficult and everyone was burned out at the end, 3x10 was piss easy and everyone wanted to train more (and if they trained more like they wanted to and did more volume, they would have gotten even better results)

so we have at least one study that supports the idea that training with higher reps is more efficient for hypertrophy, as well as decades of anecdotal evidence/experiential learning by people lifting for size that has led to a clear trend for hypertrophy oriented routines to have higher rep ranges

All they establish is the differences aren't all they cracked up to be. What's going to matter most is variation, consistency and volume. Strength is one of the easiest things to maintain you can probably do less than one strength session per week.

Heavy is for strength
Low is for muscle mass

>Stop baiting!
>hes right

I wish he wasnt, but you know damn well he just described most of us here.

>risking blowing your back out and exploding knee caps for these marginal differences in strength improvement
>meanwhile your muscles get no bigger with strength training than hypertrophy
>you can always throw in a strength session once in a blue moon to further trivialize the differences in strength

Well memed my friend

>low reps heavy weight
this is for winners who want to be legitimately strong and healthy

>high reps low weight
this is for little bitch fairies who want to do steroids

spotted the little bitch who is agreeing with himself to try and justify the fact that he's a pussy who fears effort.

DELET YAMEROOO

>strength group trained for an hour
>hypertrophy only trained for 17 minutes
>these tiny increases
Just LOL. Strength training is pure meme. Off yourself retard.

>train for nearly an hour longer using much heavier weights
>gain 3% better bp results than hypertrophy
Strength Training - JFMSU General

>train for an hour with heavy ass weights
>gain less muscle mass than the bro curling for 17 minutes
TOP JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP LEL

Nope
I mix lr heavy with hr with low weight

DELETE THIS FUCKING POST

Just do fucking calisthenics. If you don't want to snap your shit you need a strong core. Stomach vacuums and crunch variations and glute ham raises every day.

t. snapped my shit and continuing to live

Low weight, focus on bar speed and explosivity.

>leglet

You obviously have never been to a powerlifting club. They are all seriously homo for eachother

>hypertrophy only worked each muscle group once(1) per week
>strength thrice(3) per week
>train for over an hour 3x per week
>no more muscle mass and marginal strength increases over 17 minutes of body part work once a week
IT'S THE GIFT THAT KEEPS GIVING. YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP. STRENGTH TRAINING IS THE MEME OF MEMES

lolwut man strength autists are truly the worst

>that hyperbole
where are all the weightlifters with exploded knees?

Don't know how well it works for men, but for women the pyramid method gets you to build flexible strong muscles fast with better stamina.
15-20 reps at low rate full range of motion
10 reps at full weight with breathing in between.
5 reps at +5% full weight. Do for two weeks then increase weight.

how embarrassing

n-no difference between reps i'll keep doing my heavy triples h-heh *tips 14 inch arms*

not competing due to injury.