Vegan General

Thread for all vegans and people interested in the vegan lifestyle.

Vegetarians allowed as long as they won't push their morally unacceptable diet.

Meat eaters NOT ALLOWED!

Other urls found in this thread:

whatthehealthfilm.com/facts/
iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2015/pdfs/pr240_E.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

vegans are more likely to eat less, exercise more, etc..
you see where I'm going with this?

>no meat eaters allowed
>please meat eaters come in and argue with us

Fucking vegans...

Where is the study backing up the claims in your pic?

For all I know those claims are based on the fact that vegans tend to have healthier lifestyles overal compared to your average meateater.

If you take the average meat eater you aren't looking at some fitizen with an organized diet, no. You are looking at a slightly overweight man with a dadbod who eats red meat 7 days a weak and has a BBQ in the weekend, stresses for work and has alcohol at least once a day.

I have yet to meet a vegan who's veganism starts and stops with his or her diet, it is always accompanied by a complete lifestyle, diet, sleep regime, meditating, cardio, stretching shit like yoga, no drinking, no smoking, no drugs an obsession with micronutrients that makes the average fitizen look sane etc..

It is more than just "this guy eats meat and this one doesn't!".

>vegans are more likely to be healthy

Yeah I see where you're going with this.

>I have yet to meet a vegan who's veganism starts and stops with his or her diet, it is always accompanied by a complete lifestyle, diet, sleep regime, meditating, cardio, stretching shit like yoga, no drinking, no smoking, no drugs an obsession with micronutrients that makes the average fitizen look sane etc..

So you do agree that vegans care more about their body and are therefore way healthier than the average meatcuck, right?

Daily reminder that veganism is not advocated by woman and beta males, but rather by strong alphas...
Right guise ?

Yes, you're right, but you do recognise that it doesn't have anything to do with actual veganism, but rather because the average meatcuck is the average citizen, who has a shit health

even meat eaters confirm that their diet is inferior ^^

>0 sources
Well ill have you know that only eating vegetables will make your head explode.

Yes, but we are on Veeky Forums, not on /average meat cuck/. The way meat is consumed by the people who frequent this board isn't comparable to the way meat is consumed by the general public.
Lean white meat and fish is 99% of what gets eaten here, compared to fatty and/or red meats eaten by 99% of the public.

Still waiting for your study to backup the claim.

Apropos, the societies with the highest longevities on earth all eat above average quantities of fish. Average Jap will outlive the average vegan.

T. Brainlet with no reading comprehension

Try harder

>average

We all know the average diet isn't healthy. It doesn't mean vegans are the epitome of healthy living. It just means they spend a lot of time, effort, and money trying to get the things they could easily get by including lean meat in their diet.

>but muh animal suffering

animals are little faggots who deserve to be eaten. If the tables were turned, they would eat us without giving two fucks.

B-b-but muh dog only fed carrots lived super old.

Is this supposed to make me feel bad? If humans are dumb enough to get gutted then they (you guessed it) should be gutted.

you make this stupid thread everyday

I watched that "What the health" documentary on Netflix and holy fuck, thats some bullshit right there.

Id like a comment from a real life vegan who maybe has seen it as well on what the fuck these people are thinking?

and here they come. what's with these fucking retards?

How do you stop the farts?

It will take a while until your organism is getting used to a healthy diet after you've let it rot for several years with poisonous meat.

i'm a vegetarian. but i want to eat a fish sometimes. Is a good idea?

>Meat eaters NOT ALLOWED!

So what you're saying you want this thread to be a safe space circlejerk?

Not trying to argue but maybe if you guys decided to put "Meat eaters allowed as long as they dont shit up the thread" instead of "MEAT EATERS NOT ALLOWED" then people might not come in and shit up the thread

But the vegans would still shit up the thread with their tumblresque and Reddit-tier logic

I'm a vaginatarian , I only eat poontang

>vegetarian
>eating fish
pick 1 no gains fgt.

but for real do what you want who cares

Come on, you have to accept that vegans are by far the most consistent ones when it comes to food logic.

Their claims are all backed up by science. whatthehealthfilm.com/facts/

>Vegetarians allowed as long as they won't push their morally unacceptable diet.
>Meat eaters NOT ALLOWED!
Are you retarded OP? You want to inform people about veganism and then you write no meat eaters allowed. YOu really think you are going to convinve anyone with this exclusive behaviour?
>Most vegans have been meat eaters at some point of their life so FUCK OFF

I have a question. I'm a heavy meat eater and I would like to become vegetarian with a goal of becoming vegan down the line. Switching from eating so much meat to none with a vegetarian diet should I cold turkey (pun intended) it or slowly phase the meat out of my diet?

Also I'd appreciate some feedback from people who have taken meat out of their diets. How is your health now?

Thanks in advance for any replies I get!

>vegan thread
>not sharing easy healthy recipes

I (and other non-vegans) won't be turned by statistics. You all should try forcing memes like the >first sip idiots did. Get me hyped on some good foods instead of telling me I should stop buying meat. I know it's horrible already but that isn't enough to spark a change.

A vegeterian who eats meat is called a pescetarian.

I personally eat fish from time to time but cut out all the dairy and eggs that are staples in my brothers "vegeterian" diet

Fish

A vegeterian who eats FISH is called a pesceterian.

Try making the same dishes you do now but with meat substitutes. I've found great wannabe ham to put on my bread and idk if they're international but Oumph "meat" is delicious.

Then you can start getting into more straight up vegetarian dishes.

>Their claims are all backed up by science
Ok so the one im most concerned about (well im concerned about nearly all of them) is the personal stories
They made it seem like if you went vegan youd be able to gain mass, feel better and be healthier so i made a bet with the friend i watched the video with that id go vegan for a month and from this movie i expect superhuman results

Im worried about my protein intake because i keep track and so far im 150g of protein short for the day and i got one meal left so its not all unwarranted

Lets fucking see if this bullshit is worth all the attention

Hi. Happy to hear that you want to cut out animal products.

>Switching from eating so much meat to none with a vegetarian diet should I cold turkey (pun intended) it or slowly phase the meat out of my diet?
I did the cold turkey with meat. After two weeks all the cravings were gone. I just craved some junk food like chicken nuggets and stuff, but not the meat. You also have a lot of options nowadays if you like to eat junk food some time.

I was vegetarian for 5 years and then decided to go vegan mainly because I realized that chickens and cows were killed and tortured for eggs and dairy. I personally think that cheese is the most difficult to cut out. It is litterally DAIRY CRACK

why do u prefer fish?

>save the animals by driving up the price of food people in third world countries rely on further increasing the suffering of humanity

I will stick with meat, thanks

>Im worried about my protein intake because i keep track and so far im 150g of protein short for the day and i got one meal left so its not all unwarranted

What is your protein goal? I think most people should be fine with 150 g a day if you are not 100 kg + or so.

I recommend textured vegetrable protein, beans, lentils, green veggies and a scoop of vegan protein powder now and then.

Do you have so little self-control that you're unable to keep yourself from responding to bait? Are you planning to blame this lack of self control on your future heart disease?

Are you retarded? Veganism strengths the economy of the third world.

It saves the rainwood forest, lowers your chance of heart disease and cancer and you have a morally totally acceptable diet.

You have to be a retard to still continue to drink cow rape juice (aka milk) or eat rotten corpses.

>from this movie i expect superhuman results
BTW you know that the movie was not about bodybuilding? It was about general health. Balanced vegans are more health than meat/dairy/egg diets and you are less likley to get cardiovascular heart disease, stroke, diabetes and some types of cancer.

Maybe the recovery is a bit better, but I think that in terms of muscle growth generally equal to other diets. The benefits are in the long run

>2017
>doesn't know that animal protein increase risk of kidney failure unlike plant protein
consider yourself lucky to be ITT

animal consumption is the major cause of famine in 3rd world country
that's because the country's resource is used to grow crops to be fed to the animals so you can munch the carcasses

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Enjoy your ass cancer
iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2015/pdfs/pr240_E.pdf

Let me break some fucking MYTHS for you grass eating cunts. The SOLE reason veggies live longer on average than meat eaters is because vegetarianism is a rich man's hobby. Of fucking course canned meat eaters are gonna die early.

what's the point of living if you dont eat smoked meats and shit

honestly

>veganism: The solution to all the worlds problems
next youre gonna tell me it solves being able to get laid as well!

>vegetarianism is a rich man's hobby
Yeah sure. Beans, lentils and grains are sooooo expensive only the upper class can afford it

Vegan girls are quite attractive and you have better chances when you don't smell like shit from all the pus you've consumed.

Enjoy having alzheimers at 30 with that diet

>high fiber diet
>alzheimers

What a random statement

Daily reminder that there are NO health benefits to a purely vegan diet. I mean OF COURSE eating more veggies and less shit-tier meat is going to improve your health, but that's an argument for eating more veggies and high-quality meat and NOT for going 100% vegan.

Same with environmental reasons. OF COURSE it's more energy efficient to eat the beans, oats and nuts being fed to cows (lmao if you think cows eat grass) directly instead of feeding it to cows at eating the cows. But that's an argument for, again, more veggies and more high-quality (and grass-fed!) beef, not 100% veganism.

The ONLY reason to go 100% vegan is ETHICS; that you think animals have a right to life and should not be killed because they taste nice. If you disagree with this ethical position there is NO REASON for you to not eat good quality meat.

t. ethical vegan

You know you need more than fibers to be healthy, don't you? You're literally gonna go to indian levels of IQ (the ones from actual india) with that diet only because it doesn't have simple shit like vitamin b6.

Question for all meatfags ITT: do you honestly believe that disproving pure veganism means that your diet is correct? Do you not realise that's a false dichotomy? There are other options avaliable here.

If you believe that veganism is unhealthy, how about this: plant-based diet + bivalves (mussels, oysters, cockles, etc.)? These little fellas have no central nervous system and can't feel pain or suffering. Their production, if rope-grown, is VERY environmentally sustainable (better than some veggies), and there is little to no worker exploitation involved (in fact there are loads of economic benefits for the people growing them).

Nutrition wise they are PACKED with goodies, especially stuff that vegans might lack such as B12, omega 3, zink and of course animal protein. Even some vegans have argued that eating them should count as "vegan".

So why not eat like that? Why kill cows and chickens if it's really about health and nutrition? Could it be because those are just shitty excuses and you are just culturally programmed to eat meat, but feel the need to invent a reason when confronted with the errors of your ways?

Personally, I eat plant-based but try to avoid stuff that's none the less unethical (such as palm oils) and eat at least 1 serving of smoked mussels or oysters a day. Perfect diet, and also 10/10 erections lmao!!

>that's an argument for eating more veggies and high-quality meat and NOT for going 100% vegan.
What do you mean with high quality meat? The one that does not raise your LDL cholesterol? Ehhm that does not exist. Plant protein is superior.

>Same with environmental reasons. OF COURSE it's more energy efficient to eat the beans, oats and nuts being fed to cows (lmao if you think cows eat grass) directly instead of feeding it to cows at eating the cows. But that's an argument for, again, more veggies and more high-quality (and grass-fed!) beef, not 100% veganism.

Your argument is illogical. More grass fed beef means more greenhouse gases (methane from cows) due to slower growth of the animals. They often live longer and they have to be fed grains because in many countries their is simply not enough space to have grass fed cows for all the people.
So if anything this is an argument for LESS grass fed beef

If you think legumes and whole grains don't have vitamin B6, you're not qualified to argue about diet

>What is your protein goal?
Im 87 kg looking to gain to 89, its been a goal i set a month ago and im keeping it.
I eat chickpeas and all that jazz

Currently ive eaten a shit ton of food but im only at half my calorie goal for the day

>BTW you know that the movie was not about bodybuilding?
Yes but they also lifted up the NFL dude and a bodybuilder and a Ninja warrior champion. Most of whom claimed superior gains after switching to vegan diets (The NFL guy in particular) so im not in the wrong to think that their claims should hold some ground for me as well.

The argument that has been made to me is that vegan diets are superior to balanced omni diets, not just on par with.

and inb4 "You need time for it to work"
Thats not the argument made in the movie, the NFL guy said he felt the difference instantly and the director said something similar

> I mean OF COURSE eating more veggies and less shit-tier meat is going to improve your health, but that's an argument for eating more veggies and high-quality meat and NOT for going 100% vegan.

Not "high quality meat" whatever that means. Less meat. The less meat you eat, the less apparent the benefits of a vegan diet are, in the same way that the less cookies you eat, the less of a difference it makes when you do eat cookies (a few times a year vs every day).

>can't gain 2kg in a month
How?

>Vegan girls are quite attractive
[Citation needed]

And while we are on the subject i seriously doubt vegan girls wont go for normal guys because they smell bad, its prolly a personality thing and the overall sense of moral superiority

If you consider eating meat is murder then you prolly wont date one who does out of moral reasons, not saying its a wrong or right opinion to have but thats the most logical explanation

1. natty
2. Want to be lean

If i wanted to be fat id just eat junk food every day but thats not why i lift

>What do you mean with high quality meat?
Perhaps, but one could eat less of it. Or do you honestly think that a 95% plant-based diet with a tiny piece of lean chicken and/or smoked salmon on the side every couple of days is going to fuck up your health SO MUCH that veganism is needed?

>grass fed
Simplified yes, but not illogical. More grass-fed would also imply LESS total animals, since grass only would be able to support fewer animals. That is IF one uses only land that can only grow grass and doesn't use land that's perfectly good for growing other crops but gets used for grass anyway because of a demand for grass-fed beef by people who do not understand global production networks or environment impact accounting.

But again, this would be an argument for reducing meat, eliminating certain kinds and changing the way it's produced, not going 100% vegan. You're conflating essential and accidental properties.

Yeah I guess this is a better way of putting it. Of course, the fact that the healthiest meat-containing diet is the one that contains the LEAST meat speaks volumes of the health impact of meat... but still, it does not require it's elimination, only reduction.

>Or do you honestly think that a 95% plant-based diet with a tiny piece of lean chicken and/or smoked salmon on the side every couple of days is going to fuck up your health SO MUCH that veganism is needed?
I don't know. How many cigarettes can I smoke? One a week? One a month? One a year? Do you really think that is going to harm my lungs/rest of body?
> I prefer not to take the risk
Also all fish are really high in heavy metals. This is certainly not healthy.

>Simplified yes, but not illogical. More grass-fed would also imply LESS total animals, since grass only would be able to support fewer animals. That is IF one uses only land that can only grow grass and doesn't use land that's perfectly good for growing other crops but gets used for grass anyway because of a demand for grass-fed beef by people who do not understand global production networks or environment impact accounting.

I guess this is much better than now. Still the grazing animals would produce methane and overall the meat production would be tiny. Most land is areable for some kind of a crop.

>but still, it does not require it's elimination, only reduction.
I have top disagree. Just because something is not statistically significant (like eating 50 g of meat once a month) does not mean that it is safe. BTW also the diet with the LEAST MEAT is vegan as it contains zero meat

>cigarettes
I mean I'm vegan, so obviously I enjoy knowing 100% that I'm doing no harm to myself. But can I honestly try and rope others into this lifestyle with fear-mongering? Truth is, the occasional lean chicken is not going to harm you anymore than the occasional cigarette or stiff drink - just like with those things, health alone is not a sufficient argument for 100% abstinence.

>land
True, but it's also true that some animal production (such as rope-grown oysters) have a SMALLER environmental impact than some plants (such as rice). Just like with health, the AVERAGE vegan diet is going to be better than the AVERAGE omni diet, but it is not necessarily OPTIMAL.

>safety
Perhaps it isn't safe to occasionally eat meat, which is a reason that I prefer to avoid it 100%. However, our lifestyle is the strange one here. Most people eat meat. "Hey, it might not be safe, who knows?" is not a good enough argument to go vegan for most. Unless you have EVIDENCE that even small amounts of meat are harmfull, you CANNOT make a health-based argument for complete veganism, only for reduction.

That is not to say that an ethical argument can't be strengthened by high-lighting the environmental and health benefits you get as a kind of bonus when you go vegan. It's just not enough on it's own.